My damn darn sudents were challenging the answers for the emax revision I provided. So to back myself up, would you post the answers aswell. Thank You
1 Write meanings for the words anaerobic and aerobic.
2. What is the difference between respiration and photosynthesis?
3. What factors are needed for photosynthesis to occue?
4. Write both word and symbol equations for both respiration and photosynthesis.
5. What is a stomata and why is it important?
6. How does water andnutrients travel into the leaves of a plant?
Why are plants called producers?
8. What is starch and how does it relate to photosynthesis?
9. How is food enegery used in the body?
1. What is the difference between a food chain and a food web?
2. What is meant by the terms: omnivore, herbivore, carnivore, producer, consumer, decomposer, scavenger, competitor and introduced species?
3. Why are there a limited number of levels in a food chain?
5. What is biological magnification and give an example?
6. What is the difference between a transect and a quadrat? Describe the advantages and disadvantages for each?
1. What is the difference between the central and peripheral nervous system?
2. Write definitions for the following words: neuron, receptors, effectors, stimuli.
3. Explain how a nerve impulse moves from one nerve cell to another
4. What is the difference between the left and right side of the brain?
5. What are the following parts of the brain responsible for: hypothalamus, pituitary gland, cerebrum, pineal gland?
6. Explain how information moves from short term to long term memory.
7. What is the difference between grey and white matter?
8. Nmae 3 hormones, the effect on the body and the gland in which it is excreted from.
9. What is a target cell?
10. Explain conditioning and imprinting