The Education Forum

Welcome

:rolleyes: Well done Andy!

Yesterday I tried to set up an Invision Board forum myself in my personal webspace, linking it to my schoolwebsite Sintermeertencollege, but unfortunately, due to technical difficulties (server does nor support php, sql) I didn't succeed.

As for this forum: I'd like to manage a Dutch / German section once it's fully operational.

:D

Nico

Excellent Andy! Well done!

I have got in touch with the webmaster of the, maybe, most important history teachers forum in Spanish: http://www.educahistoria.com/foro/ We talked about working together and I told him about our project of setting up a European forum in different languages

What do you think it is best? trying to collaborate with the already existing Spanish speaking forum or trying to set up a brand new one?

As for this forum: I'd like to manage a Dutch / German section once it's fully operational.

Thanks for the offer. The job’s yours. What about the sub-headings. Is the following acceptable? If so, could you provide a translation (Dutch/German).

Curriculum Issues (discussions about the curriculum and teaching methods)

Resources (information on new resources available)

Help (questions and answers on subject matter or teaching methods)

What do you think it is best? trying to collaborate with the already existing Spanish speaking forum or trying to set up a brand new one?

I feel we should do what we can to maximise the number of visitors that this forum receives. Therefore, I think we should provide our own Spanish version of the forum. However, I think we should do what we can to help each other. For example, I publish a weekly newsletter and archive it on my own website. I will continue to do that but will also post these reviews, news items, etc., in the relevant part of this education forum. Maybe, your friend should do the same with his Spanish newsletter. In doing so, he could plug his newsletter/forum.

:rolleyes: Well done Andy!

Yesterday I tried to set up an Invision Board forum myself in my personal webspace, linking it to my schoolwebsite Sintermeertencollege, but unfortunately, due to technical difficulties (server does nor support php, sql) I didn't succeed.

:D

Nico

No problem Nico and thanks for volunteering

Just started, do not have ability to add photo. Says I do not have permission.

You need to have a photograph of yourself on your computer. Then go to the Education Forum website. Select ‘My Controls’ at the top of the page. On the left-hand side you will see a column. Under Personal Profile select Edit Avatar Settings.

Go to the bottom of the page where it says “Upload a new image from your computer”. Press Browse and you will eventually find your way to where you have your photograph. When you find it press “Open”. Then click “update Avatar”. Your picture will then appear every time you make a posting.

At the moment I am administrator for an EUN community for teachers from all over Europe. The membership of that community is more than 150. Even the structure is very similar (subjects etc). Perhaps there can be some co-operation between our two forums/communties? Please let me know what you think.

At the moment I am administrator for an EUN community for teachers from all over Europe. The membership of that community is more than 150. Even the structure is very similar (subjects etc). Perhaps there can be some co-operation between our two forums/communties? Please let me know what you think.

Of course. Why don’t you provide information about how the forum works and where people can find it.

In Sweden a discussion forum for those interested in History exists http://forum.skalman.nu/ I have contacted the person responsible for this forum and asked him to establish a topic with reference (links) to our project (you can´t establish your own topics in this forum - just reply on the ones existing which has been approved by the discussion board). This discussion forum has 2635 members and I hope that some of them will participate in our discussions. :rolleyes:

Anders