The Education Forum

Welcome

You can count on me for covering the Spanish section. I wil try to do my best. I hope it wil add up more visitors to the forum.

You can count on me for covering the Spanish section. I wil try to do my best. I hope it wil add up more visitors to the forum.

Thank you for that. Could you let us know what is Spanish for:

Spanish Section

Curriculum Issues (discussions about the curriculum and teaching methods)

Resources (information on new resources available)

Help (questions and answers on subject matter or teaching methods)

Hello to John and Juan Carlos :rolleyes: . Spring Day in Europe is not the same without you! How's everything? Really nice to see you are so active. Hello to the rest of you. I hope I've not made a mess and have been able to add my picture...

John sent an e-mail to the Spring Teachers and asked us to register, and so I've done. How could I do otherwise?

I'm afraid this is a forum for History teachers, though. How can a Spanish teacher of English contribute to it? I would be glad to contribute if language teachers have their place here.

My URL Spring Day in Europe 2003 and 2004 in Spain

Merry Christmas!

Núria

Several people have asked how they can put their photograph (avatar) on the website. What you need to do is the following:

(1) Go to Education Forum

(2) Select My Controls (top, right of the screen).

(3) On the left-hand side click ‘Edit Avatar Settings’ (under Personal Profile).

(4) Go to the bottom of the page where it says ‘Upload a new image from your computer’. Click ‘Browse’.

(5) A box will appear at the top that will show what is on your computer. You now have to find your photograph (best to leave it on your Desktop – if not, find the folder where you have stored it).

(6) Click the image and then click ‘Open’.

(7) Now click ‘Update Avatar’. You picture should now appear on the screen. It will now appear every time you make a posting.

I'm afraid this is a forum for History teachers, though. How can a Spanish teacher of English contribute to it? I would be glad to contribute if language teachers have their place here.

This is a forum for all curriculum subjects (English, Maths, Music, Geography, Science, ICT, Design & Technology, Modern Languages, Art & Design, Social Sciences, Physical Education.

It also has a section in Spanish (and other languages) see:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=29

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for that. Could you let us know what is Spanish for:

This is the translation:

Spanish Section - Sección en español

Curriculum Issues (discussions about the curriculum and teaching methods) -

Asuntos curriculares (debates sobre el curriculum y métodos de enseñanza)Resources (information on new resources available) -

Recursos (información sobre nuevos recursos disponibles)

Help (questions and answers on subject matter or teaching methods) -

Ayuda (preguntas y respuestas sobre la asignatura o sobre métodos didácticos)

Andy this is a great forum and a valuable resource. Congratualtions and thankyou!

If you'd be willing to have an Australia/New Zealand Board I'd be only too pleased to moderate it.

Cheers - and again, thanks for your efforts in getting this going.

Chris Sutton

If you'd be willing to have an Australia/New Zealand Board I'd be only too pleased to moderate it.

The main idea behind the forum is to bring teachers together to discuss the subject of education. The problem is that language provides limitations to this debate. Therefore we thought it would be a good idea to provide facilities to enable people to communicate in other languages. We would not like the idea of creating sections that divide people speaking the same language.

I agree that the forum has the potential to become a great resource. I believe it is the first time that an attempt to bring together teachers from all over the world. How successful the venture becomes depends on the willingness of the members to shape its development. The great thing about forums is they enable grassroots initiatives to take place. Forums like this are truly democratic organizations.

The main idea behind the forum is to bring teachers together to discuss the subject of education. The problem is that language provides limitations to this debate. Therefore we thought it would be a good idea to provide facilities to enable people to communicate in other languages. We would not like the idea of creating sections that divide people speaking the same language.

Perhaps we could have a section for issues specifically relating to the experience of Aussie and Kiwi teachers? There are distinct curriculum issues certainly.

Let me know what you all think :)

Thanks for volunteering Chris :)