The Education Forum

West Ham's New Signings

John Simkin

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez admits he is interested in being Henry's replacement at Arsenal. (The Sun)

Preston striker David Nugent is waiting for interest from Everton after having talks with Sunderland and West Ham. (The Sun)

Manchester City will make a £4m bid to snatch Yossi Benayoun from under Liverpool's nose. (Daily Mirror)

Derby are trying to wrap up a £2m deal for West Ham winger Matt Etherington. (Daily Mirror, The Sun)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez is likely to leave for Inter Milan this summer. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea defender Wayne Bridge will snub a move from Stamford Bridge as he expects to be number one left-back at the club next season. (Daily Star)

Tottenham will listen to offers for Jermain Defoe once they complete the signing of Charlton's Darren Bent. (Daily Mirror)

Charlton are refusing to budge on their asking price of £17m for Bent. (The Independent)

West Ham are willing to pay Carlos Tevez £115,000 a week to keep him at the club for another year. (Daily Mail)

Martin O'Neill is to launch a fresh £8m bid for West Ham's Nigel Reo-Coker. (Various)

O'Neill may have to fight off an attempted hijack of the move by prospective Man City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson. (The Times)

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is looking at Bolton's Kevin Nolan as a possible replacement for Nigel Reo-Coker. (The Sun)

Reading's Nicky Shorey will snub Newcastle and West Ham by signing a new contract at the Royals. (Daily Mail)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is interested in signing West Ham's £3m-rated striker Marlon Harewood. (Various)

Guest Gary Loughran
Alan Curbishley's future as West Ham boss could be in doubt despite him leading them to Premiership safety last season. (Daily Star)

What a daft story.

I've read this has to do with his inability to attract players to the club frustrating Magnusson.

If all the stories in the press are true, West Ham and a few other clubs would have squads of 50 top pros and the likes of Arsenal might struggle to get a recognised team out ;) Silly season - bored sports journalists favourite time of year.

BBC Website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/6251900.stm

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez has turned down a move to Inter Milan after the Italian champions imposed a deadline for him to make a decision.

The 23-year-old has been linked to several clubs in England and abroad but is keen to stay in the Premier League.

A statement from Tevez's representative Kia Joorabchian said: "Inter put a deadline on the decision and Carlos' heart is really in the Premier League.

"He was not prepared to meet that cut-off point put on him."

Tevez said in May that he was keen to move away from Upton Park saying: "I want to join one of Europe's big clubs, that's what I've talked to my agents about."

Joorabchian, though, insisted that the Hammers are in talks to keep the Argentina international but played down reports of a £115,000 per week being offered to convince him to stay.

The Iranian businessman added: "That is "absolutely not true".

"He has not been offered that sum of money to stay, but it is true we are still talking and hope to come to some arrangement."

Arsenal, Real Madrid, Liverpool and Inter were among the clubs strongly linked with a move for Tevez but Inter have ruled themselves out of the running due to their demands.

Inter president Massimo Moratti told his club website: "Tevez is no longer a target, we are fine as we are in attack."

The forward was instrumental in the West Ham's successful battle to avoid relegation last season after a difficult start to hi Upton Park career.

Tevez moved from Corinthians last summer but the Hammers were subsequently fined a record £5.5m by an independent commission for breaching Premier League rules.

Sunday Gossip

The Gunners are also the only serious contenders battling Manchester United for the signature of striker Carlos Tevez. (NotW)

But Chelsea and Liverpool are also interested, while West Ham will match any offer Tevez receives. (Mirror)

Aston Villa want Reo-Coker as well as Chelsea duo Geremi and Shaun Wright-Phillips and Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy. (Sunday Telegraph)

Barcelona midfielder Thiago Motta has his sights on a move to England with Chelsea, Manchester City, West Ham and Middlesbrough interested. (Mirror)

Derby also want Norwich striker Dickson Etuhu, West Ham winger Matthew Etherington and Sheffield United centre-back Claude Davis. (People)

West Ham have beaten Rangers to the signing of Bordeaux midfielder Julien Faubert. The fee is £6m. (NotW)

Monday Gossip

Real Madrid are ahead of Manchester United in the race for West Ham striker Carlos Tevez. (Daily Express)

Guest Gary Loughran

West Ham sign Richard Wright on a free to challenge Robert Green for the No.1 jersey....(Official site)

NRK to Villa for £8.5 million as soon as medical completed, probably will reveal him tomorrow to pretend that he hadn't already agreed terms and underwent a medical long ago.....(Andersonstown News)

What about our collection of centre halves, Ferdinand, Collins, Davenport, Upson, Gabbidon (I'm sure I'm missing someone)- we can't keep them all.

It's went a bit quiet on Mullins/Harewood front. Doubt Harewood will go to City as there was a strong rumour they were moving for Yakubu - too similar to play alongside Harewood.

Bennayoun to replace Garcia at Liverpool - that one has went a bit quiet too. Is it a case of waiting until we get a replacement before allowing Yossi to go.

What about our collection of centre halves, Ferdinand, Collins, Davenport, Upson, Gabbidon (I'm sure I'm missing someone)- we can't keep them all.

James Tompkins is the captain of England's under 18s (took over from Mark Noble). Apparently, he is so good Curbs considered playing him last season.

Manchester United are set to swoop for West Ham striker Carlos Tevez and want to complete the deal - believed to be worth more than £20m - inside 48 hours. (Daily Mirror)

Tevez has agreed to join the Old Trafford outfit and the move will be completed next week - subject to any challenge from the Hammers, who still claim to own the player's registration. (Daily Mail)

West Ham have prepared an £11m package for Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy, which would include midfielder Yossi Benayoun going to Anfield as part of the deal. (Daily Star)

Reading are targeting West Ham forward Bobby Zamora in a £2.5m swoop. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham and Newcastle are set for a £3m battle to land FC Copenhagen's Canadian utility player Atiba Hutchinson. (Daily Star)

West Ham striker Dean Ashton, who has been sidelined since breaking an ankle on England duty in August 2006, is set to make his comeback in the friendly against Dagenham and Redbridge on 14 July. (The Sun)

West Ham are interested in signing Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy but want to secure him for less than the Reds' £10m valuation. (Various)

West Ham will make a £16m double swoop for Liverpool strike pair Djibril Cisse and Craig Bellamy. (Daily Mail)

West Ham striker Bobby Zamora is a transfer target for Reading, who are ready to pay £2.5m. (Telegraph)

West Ham have bid £8m plus Yossi Benayoun for Djibril Cisse, but he is keen on Marseille. (The Times)

BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/6276064.stm

Carlos Tevez is keen on a "dream" move to Manchester United - although any deal will come under heavy Premier League scrutiny before going through.

The League insists the transfer must be "done directly" with West Ham rather than his agent Kia Joorabchian.

Tevez, 23, was involved in a saga that led to West Ham being fined £5m for breaching transfer rules, although they crucially escaped a points deduction.

But he said: "For me, Manchester United will be a sensational destination."

Tevez is still under contract to West Ham for three years, but the League wants to ensure Joorabchian is not paid any of the fee after previous questions over the Argentine forward's "ownership".

West Ham insisted they cut all ties with Joorabchian after they were fined in April.

One possible avenue would be for West Ham to be paid a transfer fee and then agree a compensation figure with Joorabchian for breaching contracts with his company, Media Sports Investments (MSI), when the Hammers terminated third-party agreements following their fine.

It is understood though the League would want a substantial chunk of the transfer fee to remain at West Ham rather than it all be handed over to MSI in compensation, otherwise they could be accused of merely covering up the third-party agreements that have caused so much controversy.

West Ham have been speaking to Manchester United about a transfer, and the former Boca Juniors and Corinthians player is excited at the prospect.

He said: "I am a player who thrives on challenges. I went to England to triumph in the Premiership and with West Ham I have achieved that first stage.

"Now I'm ready to move on to the next stage. To be a member of Sir Alex Ferguson's squad will be absolutely spectacular.

"My dream is to be an idol in English football and I can achieve this now."

Liverpool are set to recoup much of the £21m they spent on Fernando Torres with the sales of Craig Bellamy and Djibril Cisse. (Daily Mirror)

Bellamy is set to go to West Ham for £9m, while fellow striker Cisse is expected to join Marseille for £8m. (The Sun)

West Ham were said to be keen on Cisse too. (Daily Telegraph)

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez has been ordered to start pre-season training with the club, despite agreeing a £60m deal to go to Man Utd. (Daily Mail)

However, it is understood the Hammers have given Tevez the green light to make his £38m switch. (The Sun)

Tevez, set for a £21m move in this paper, says he wants to become United boss Sir Alex Ferguson's star "pupil". (Daily Mirror)

Of course, perhaps Tevez is not going anywhere. (Daily Star)

West Ham have made a £5.5m bid for West Brom striker Diomansy Kamara. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez says he would be happy with his squad - if West Ham midfielder Yossi Benayoun becomes his final signing of the summer. (Daily Star)