The Education Forum

I enjoy the new AMAZON AD feature...

...since the Amazon ads have started appearing, they solved the problem of

my having to repeatedly LOG IN to the Forum! I no longer have to log in

numerous times daily anymore...not even when I turn the computer on.

I hope this continues!

The Amazon ads have alerted me to some books I had not heard of.

Clicking on the images takes you to a review of the books, which can be

helpful.

Jack

...since the Amazon ads have started appearing, they solved the problem of

my having to repeatedly LOG IN to the Forum! I no longer have to log in

numerous times daily anymore...not even when I turn the computer on.

I hope this continues!

The Amazon ads have alerted me to some books I had not heard of.

Clicking on the images takes you to a review of the books, which can be

helpful.

Jack

The appearance of the new ad strip and the apparent solution oif your log in problems will be pure coincidence.

I am however glad that you like the new feature. You might even consider going one step further and supporting the forum by purchasing your books through that link :tomatoes

I am however glad that you like the new feature. You might even consider going one step further and supporting the forum by purchasing your books through that link :tomatoes

Yes, it is very good. When I was in the Watergate section it was still displaying JFK books. Is that right or does the software need tweaking?

Guest Gary Loughran
I'm currently seeing adverts for a portable generator and a game called 'Mario Party 8'. What does that tell you about the content of this thread?

I think it says more about how Amazon's system works!!!

Unless of course you want to buy the romantic fiction I've been offered in other threads, possibly perceived as of higher stature :D :D

I use Firefox with adblocker.

I see nothingk!

And in doing so you are undermining websites that are attempting to bring you free information. If everyone did what you do, I would have to close my website down. As my website profits pay for this forum, this would have to go as well.

I see nothingk!

And in doing so you are undermining websites that are attempting to bring you free information. If everyone did what you do, I would have to close my website down. As my website profits pay for this forum, this would have to go as well.

I'm assuming that any purchases made via Amazon using the click-through ad will generate revenue for the site, not just the advertised selections? If so I'll make it a point to make any future Amazon purchases from here rather than directly at the Amazon site. (I'm also assuming that re-directing to the Amazon.co.uk site doesn't affect revenue generated?)

Incidentally, I'm assuming you don't have to be a signed-in member to see the ads?

I see nothingk!

I'm assuming that any purchases made via Amazon using the click-through ad will generate revenue for the site, not just the advertised selections? If so I'll make it a point to make any future Amazon purchases from here rather than directly at the Amazon site. (I'm also assuming that re-directing to the Amazon.co.uk site doesn't affect revenue generated?)

Incidentally, I'm assuming you don't have to be a signed-in member to see the ads?

Correct on both points.

The contextual ads supplied by amazon don't seem to be working too well. I'll give them a week or so to spider the site a few times and if the relevancy of ads does not improve return to a "key word" approach

I think if someone clicks the Amazon US banner and then goes to Amazon UK the forum won't get the commissions....Amazon US and Amazon UK are seperate affiliate schemes and set different cookies I believe.....I certainly haven't seen any evidence that you get commission for that happening anyway..

I think if someone clicks the Amazon US banner and then goes to Amazon UK the forum won't get the commissions....Amazon US and Amazon UK are seperate affiliate schemes and set different cookies I believe.....I certainly haven't seen any evidence that you get commission for that happening anyway..

The banner here is amazon US. Commissions only occur when a user clicks through it and orders through it, switching to Amazon UK half way through the process won't work. I can put an Amazon UK banner on the footer of the page for UK users

I bought some sets of this glassware the other day from Amazon. Interestingly, one of the banners at the top of the page now links me to the same item. By the way, the glasses are high tech and perform as advertised.

http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Double-Wall-Ol...8277550-7853523

Like Dave, I will also make it a point to make future Amazon purchases this way. In the past, I've obtained many of the books mentioned by members (and other items as well) through Amazon. I've always gotten great service and great prices.

When a member and author like Larry Hancock gets published, I prefer to pay a little more and get it from as close to the source as I can.