The Education Forum

I object...

...my postings IN THE INTEREST OF ACCURACY, as was stated.

Jack

Jack,

In what thread was your posting edited?

John

I don't remember. It was a day or two ago. I only saw the reply today.

I think it was about 911.

I don't want to get in a xxxxfight with people like that. In such

a fight, everyone smells bad.

Jack

This is John Geraghty here verifying whether an 'edited by' tag occurs.

Edited by John Geraghty

If a moderator edits a post it will show up at the bottom, much as it does for any other edit. By this I mean it will say 'this post has been edited by John Geraghty 7-19-2007'

I will take a look back through your recent postings to see if this occurs.

I will attempt to see if an 'edited by' occurs on one of your posts in this thread by writing something in one of your posts.

I hope that makes sense.

John

This is the post in question. http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=10472&st=0

Evan Burton has changed the description of Jeff King in Jack's opening post and he may have changed the title of the thread.

Let me look into it.

John

John-

Evan did indeed edit the title of the thread and white's first post. The problem was that white had misrepresented Mr. King's credentials calling him an "MIT Physicist" (IIRC - not sure of the exact wording) when in fact his MIT degree was in Biology and Electrical Engineering. Mr. King's description of himself is "electrical engineer and more recently a Family Practice physician". Note - he doesn't even mention "Physicist".

white is being disingenuous in complaining about Evan's editing of that thread. Evan and others asked white to edit the title and his posts to correct the error. As is typical of white - he ignored this reasonable request. Evan then made the corrections and posted his reasons for doing so. I don't understand white's objection to the correction when he admitted he was wrong.

Yet another pointless waste of time from Jack. As Steve U. pointed out all Evan did was correct Jack’s grossly inaccurate information in a thread title and post. Forum rules oblige members to make sure their posts are accurate, Evan as a moderator enforced that rule after Jack refused to cooperate. The post is still inaccurate (King has BS and MD degrees but isn’t a PhD)

I also find it odd that Jack claimed not to remember which thread the editing had occurred in and not even to be sure of the topic even though he also claimed to have seen it earlier the same day (Post # 3).

1) If Jack couldn’t remember the details it was his obligation to find out what they were before starting a new thread.

2) Personally I think he was being disingenuous but if he wasn’t this raises questions about his mental faculties. Of course he strenuously objects when people raise such questions but he can’t have it both ways.

Guest Stephen Turner

The correct procedure is to report your concerns to another Moderator, or failing that John, or Andy. It is not to start another thread. If jacks original post was misleading, and he was offered a chance to edit it himself which was refused, I really fail to see what all the fuss is about, but I suspect it has a lot to do with Jacks apparant dislike of certain Mods.

Stephen ... Once again it looks as though you have completely missed the point ... This is NOT a question of which moderators Jack may dislike ( for good reason ) , but rather which moderators dislike him and everything he stands for , fights for and believes in .

You have no more business being a moderator here than Evan Burton does .. as neither one of you know how to show any fairness, or know how to be impartial towards the members you disagree with ... Which as we all know , would be Jack White and me .

Edited by Duane Daman

Mr. Burton chooses to attack me because he cannot attack

Mr. King on ANY FACTS presented on his webpage.

http://home.comcast.net/~jeffrey.king2/wsb...home.html-.html

OK, Burton...challenge each of the articles on King's

website WITHOUT ad hominem attacks on him or me. You can't.

You are a disgrace to moral men. (note, that is an opinion, not

a personal attack; go ahead, edit it out)

Take the articles one at a time and post your rebuttals. You can't.

It makes NO DIFFERENCE whether he is a "physicist"; he has

degrees from MIT. Do you? As a medical doctor (physician) he

works for the good of mankind. Do you?

Jack

Mr. Burton chooses to attack me because he cannot attack

Mr. King on ANY FACTS presented on his webpage.

Where exactly did he attack you? He merely corrected your factual errors

http://home.comcast.net/~jeffrey.king2/wsb...home.html-.html

OK, Burton...challenge each of the articles on King's

website WITHOUT ad hominem attacks on him or me. You can't.

You are a disgrace to moral men. (note, that is an opinion, not

a personal attack; go ahead, edit it out)

Take the articles one at a time and post your rebuttals. You can't.

You want Evan to debunk an entire website isn't making unreasonable demands one the "25 ways of suppressing the truth"? His entire site wasn't a topic of the other thread a single article was. There were no "facts to debunk because King didn't present any!

It makes NO DIFFERENCE whether he is a "physicist"; he has degrees from MIT.

Absurd what if had an economics degree from MIT? Biology and electrical engineering having nothing to do with building collapses if he had relevant degrees from less prominent schools he would he better qualified. Funny when you though he was a physicist you thought it relevant. No that it makes much of a difference but he has a single degree from MIT

Guest Stephen Turner

I tell you what I object to, yet another thread whose only purpose is to act as a lightning rod for Ad homs. I am going off line soon, if it hasnt taken a turn for the better by the time I return, I shall lock it, with another mods approval.