The Education Forum

Another Bledsoe lie?

In her testimony before the Warren Commission, Mary Bledsoe spoke of meeting Lee Harvey Oswald on October 7, 1963 when he came to rent a room from her.

During her testimony, she said, "

Mrs. BLEDSOE - And so, that give me a lead, something to talk about, and I said, "Well, what kind of work do you do? "Oh, I do electronics," he said, and I said, "Well, there is some good jobs because you are young, and you can get a good job a young man like you."

And then went on. Then something about him being in the Marines, and I said, "Well, that is wonderful. My son was in the Navy." And talking about him, you know, just getting to know him, and--but, "here is a picture of my wife, and picture of the girl, and the baby." And I said, "Oh, she has got a baby, hasn't she?" And he said, "Yes."

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/bledsoe.htm

The only problem is, Rachel Oswald wasn't born until October 20th.

Was the man seeking to rent a room LHO whose baby hadn't been born yet, or a double agent with a manufactured past?

Steve Thomas

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In her testimony before the Warren Commission, Mary Bledsoe spoke of meeting Lee Harvey Oswald on October 7, 1963 when he came to rent a room from her.

Mrs. BLEDSOE - And so, that give me a lead, something to talk about, and I said, "Well, what kind of work do you do? "Oh, I do electronics," he said, and I said, "Well, there is some good jobs because you are young, and you can get a good job a young man like you."

And then went on. Then something about him being in the Marines, and I said, "Well, that is wonderful. My son was in the Navy." And talking about him, you know, just getting to know him, and--but, "here is a picture of my wife, and picture of the girl, and the baby." And I said, "Oh, she has got a baby, hasn't she?" And he said, "Yes."

Was the man seeking to rent a room LHO whose baby hadn't been born yet, or a double agent with a manufactured past?

Steve Thomas

Bledsoe was a blithering fool. The only reason they had her testify is because she was the only one who would say Oswald was wearing the rust brown shirt before he went home and changed clothes. The only one. Most everyone else was pretty sure Oswald was wearing his T-shirt at work. His wearing a T-shirt could have been spun into explaining why everyone who saw the man in the sniper's nest thought he was wearing light clothing, and not a rust brown shirt. But the FBI had a problem. The morning after the assassination, BEFORE Oswald told anyone he'd changed shirts at his rooming house, the FBI found fibers from the shirt Oswald had been wearing when arrested, on the butt end of the rifle. They then tried to prove that Oswald had been wearing this shirt at work and had lied about changing his shirt. They failed completely, and found no one who would say he'd been wearing this shirt, save Bledsoe, who'd only seen him on the ride home.

The more likely scenario, by far, is that someone in the DPD or FBI PLANTED the fibers on the rifle. The agent who performed the tests, Stombaugh, says a lot of things that cast doubt on the fiber evidence, so the tests themselves seem credible. This makes me suspect the DPD, and Day and Fritz in particular.

Jack,

June Oswald was born in 1962, as I recall, before the return to US.

Jack

Yes, she was born February 15, 1962 while the Oswalds were still in Minsk.

That would make her about a year and a quarter old at the time of this incident.

Steve Thomas

Bledsoe was a blithering fool. The only reason they had her testify is because she was the only one who would say Oswald was wearing the rust brown shirt before he went home and changed clothes. The only one....

Mary Bledsoe was also the only one that positively placed Oswald on the bus, thus her testimony was critical to the Warren Commission's reconstruction of Oswald's movements shortly after he left the Depository.

She was accompanied to her deposition by her attorney. Bledsoe occasionally referred to her notes for answers. When Ball asked why, she said that otherwise, "I forget what I have to say." Then her attorney chimed in.

Mr. BALL - But, before you go into that, I notice you have been reading from some notes before you.

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, because I forget what I have to say.

Mr. BALL - When did you make those notes?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - What day did I make them?

Miss DOUTHIT - When Mr. Sorrels and I were talking about her going to Washington, he made the suggestion that she put all the things down on paper because she might forget something, and I said, "Mary, you put everything on a piece of paper so that you can remember it and you won't forget anything, you know, what happened," and that's when she started making notes.

Mr. BALL - You have made the notes in the last week?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes.

Miss DOUTHIT - At my suggestion and Mr. Sorrels.

Later Mrs. Bledsoe tells Ball:

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Oh, it was awful in the city, and then they had roped off that around where the President was killed, shot, and we were the first car that come around there, and then all of us were talking about the man, and we were looking up to see where he was shot and looking---and then they had one man and taking him already got him in jail, and we got----"Well, I am glad they found him."

Mr. BALL - You were looking up at where?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - At where the boy was shot.

Mr. BALL - You mean the Texas Book Depository?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes, uh-huh.

Mr. BALL - School Book Depository?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Uh-huh, because we were right four blocks from there, you see.

Of course this would have been impossible at the time she was riding the bus. It's worth mentioning that Mrs. Bledsoe had recently experienced a stroke.

Jack, didn't you and John Armstrong find the so-called Bledsoe document at the TCU library?

Bledsoe was a blithering fool. The only reason they had her testify is because she was the only one who would say Oswald was wearing the rust brown shirt before he went home and changed clothes. The only one....

Mary Bledsoe was also the only one that positively placed Oswald on the bus, thus her testimony was critical to the Warren Commission's reconstruction of Oswald's movements shortly after he left the Depository.

She was accompanied to her deposition by her attorney. Bledsoe occasionally referred to her notes for answers. When Ball asked why, she said that otherwise, "I forget what I have to say." Then her attorney chimed in.

Mr. BALL - But, before you go into that, I notice you have been reading from some notes before you.

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, because I forget what I have to say.

Mr. BALL - When did you make those notes?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - What day did I make them?

Miss DOUTHIT - When Mr. Sorrels and I were talking about her going to Washington, he made the suggestion that she put all the things down on paper because she might forget something, and I said, "Mary, you put everything on a piece of paper so that you can remember it and you won't forget anything, you know, what happened," and that's when she started making notes.

Mr. BALL - You have made the notes in the last week?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes.

Miss DOUTHIT - At my suggestion and Mr. Sorrels.

Later Mrs. Bledsoe tells Ball:

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Oh, it was awful in the city, and then they had roped off that around where the President was killed, shot, and we were the first car that come around there, and then all of us were talking about the man, and we were looking up to see where he was shot and looking---and then they had one man and taking him already got him in jail, and we got----"Well, I am glad they found him."

Mr. BALL - You were looking up at where?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - At where the boy was shot.

Mr. BALL - You mean the Texas Book Depository?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes, uh-huh.

Mr. BALL - School Book Depository?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Uh-huh, because we were right four blocks from there, you see.

Of course this would have been impossible at the time she was riding the bus. It's worth mentioning that Mrs. Bledsoe had recently experienced a stroke.

Jack, didn't you and John Armstrong find the so-called Bledsoe document at the TCU library?

Armstrong found it and showed it to Jim Marrs and me.

In another AMAZING COINCIDENCE, not only did Bledsoe

witness LHO on the bus...she was HIS LANDLADY FOR A WEEK,

and the document is a police complaint BY BLEDSOE about

OSWALD AND JACK RUBY engaging in a fight as the reason

she evicted him as a renter. Dave Perry and others scoff at

the document as a JOKE FORGERY by members of the DPD,

since it was on an official DPD complaint form. They cannot

explain, however, which cop(s) forged it and why they considered

it funny to commit the crime of filing a false police report.

Let's review:

1. Bledsoe witness on bus

2. Bledsoe landlady of LHO for a week

3. Jack Ruby visits LHO

4. Jack Ruby and LHO engage in fistfight, break tv set

5. Bledsoe calls police

6. Report is written on official dept form

7. Xerox of report is found in files of Marguerite Oswald

8. Form has a "code" which Perry deciphers as U-R-A-F-I-N-K

9. If document is a "joke", its humor and target are not known.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Steve Thomas

Steve, I think she just misspoke when she said "girl" and corrected it to "baby". Look at other parts of her testimony:

...And he said, "Yes; I am married. I just want this for a short time. My wife lives at Irving."

And then we got inside the house and he had a thing where this---pictures of his wife and baby, and he said he was in the Marine Corps, and I tried to be nice to him, and so, he paid me $7, and---

...So, he left Saturday morning and, in the meantime, I think his wife was going to have a baby----

Mr. BALL - How did you know that?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, I found---I read it in the papers.

Mr. BALL - Did he ever tell you?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - No, no; he didn't ever tell me. Didn't tell me anything.

Mr. JENNER - But, he volunteered the picture of his wife and child?

Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes; he did that. Showed me that picture.

There is nothing to say that he couldn't have been showing old photos of Marina and Junie -- though I would argue that a 15 month old is still a baby...

I had been a little suspicious in the past about the notes she read from and having her lawyer present. But if, as Michael Hogan says, she'd recently had a stroke, I think both actions are explicable - but that's not to say that what created the need for both could not have been exploited.

Jack,

Is this the report in question?

James

James,

The following all point to this being a fake.

She testified that he registered under the name Lee Oswald.

Jack R had long ago legally changed his name to Ruby (any report or article showing his name as Rubenstein usually points to an Ultra as the author)

Roscoe White listed as attending. (though I suppose they could have gone whole hog and had him going with Tippit!)

The amount of detail in the report. You can go through the entire DPD assassination archive and will not you find a report of this nature with anywhere near as much detail.

Jack wrote to James:

"Yes...and your copy IS FAR SUPERIOR to the very faint one in Marguerite's file!

Your copy appears to be an ORIGINAL, and Marguerite's is BARELY LEGIBLE."

Well, of course James has the original! (Just kidding, James!)

Greg,

One of the officers listed on that report is J.C. White. There was an accident investigator with that name as well as a patrolman who during the assassination was standing on the west side of the triple overpass. When asked about where the shots came from, he said that he didn't hear any shots because at the time, there was a noisy freight train.

FWIW.

James

Jack wrote to James:

"Yes...and your copy IS FAR SUPERIOR to the very faint one in Marguerite's file!

Your copy appears to be an ORIGINAL, and Marguerite's is BARELY LEGIBLE."

Well, of course James has the original! (Just kidding, James!)

I find much significance that A SUPERIOR COPY exists to the very poor

copy which Marguerite had.

Jack