The Education Forum

A.J. Weberman's Coup D'etat in America Database

I didn't know that about the memo - we certainly do owe him - the memo's authenticity has of course been questioned; is it surely legitimate?

The memo's authenticity was established decades ago, Glenn. Here's a copy:

George-Bush-of-the-CIA.jpg

PresJfkBush.gif

Edited by Greg Burnham

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too think David makes a good point. Weberman undoubtedly has researched the case extensively and in doing so uncovered some interesting connections that are worth looking into. I just have concerns about how discerning he was (is). But, hey, at least he has the good sense to recognize Judyth Vary Baker is a fraud.

Brian, I haven't read any of Weberman, so don't know in what 'context' he labeled JVB as a fraud. There certainly were some parts of her story that are totally made up, but some parts of it do fit some details. (I'm not a fan of hers, and do not choose to defend her story) As far as LHO being an FBI 'informant', I think there is no doubt of that. I don't think she understood what that meant. I doubt it was to 'expose' the assassination attempt, but I also have no doubt if LHO heard any details of it, he would have told Hosty.

Edited by Kenneth Drew

i felt like it was - good to know. thanks Greg

I too think David makes a good point. Weberman undoubtedly has researched the case extensively and in doing so uncovered some interesting connections that are worth looking into. I just have concerns about how discerning he was (is). But, hey, at least he has the good sense to recognize Judyth Vary Baker is a fraud.

Brian, I haven't read any of Weberman, so don't know in what 'context' he labeled JVB as a fraud. There certainly were some parts of her story that are totally made up, but some parts of it do fit some details. (I'm not a fan of hers, and do not choose to defend her story) As far as LHO being an FBI 'informant', I think there is no doubt of that. I don't think she understood what that meant. I doubt it was to 'expose' the assassination attempt, but I also have no doubt if LHO heard any details of it, he would have told Hosty.

"As far as LHO being an FBI 'informant', I think there is no doubt of that. I don't think she understood what that meant."

i think this comment bears repeating - how many things are said by people who "don't know the half of it." People say things, their veracity isn't always the issue, sometimes it's the depth of the claim that is important.

I seem to recall that Hemming would make up stuff to tell Weberman, such as E. Howard Hunt escaping from the TSBD by a rope in the elevator shaft.

Much of what is contained in the nodules as "quotes from Hemming" lack the nuances of the spoken word (as opposed to the written word). Hemming was a very sardonic character. He used sarcasm like an exacto-knife; a means by which to cut the fat from the bone or to point out the naivety of the inquisitor.

Weberman makes the mistake (intentionally or otherwise) of writing a lot of what Hemming said in conversations with him as if it was prose--without deeper meaning.

See below:

"Weberman did the same thing as the CIA!"

[WARNING: Strong Language]

Good recording, interesting conversation. It does show his 'relaxed style' of conversation.

Good recording, interesting conversation. It does show his 'relaxed style' of conversation.

I can't emphasize enough the importance of actually listening to Hemmings taped interviews before making judgments about his credibility. I also know this is more easily said than done unless you spent as much time with him as I did. However, many researchers only know of Hemming from the work done by Weberman. Some are also familiar with Twyman's extensive interviews in Bloody Treason. The problem with the Weberman commentary is that it lacks "expression" and all the rest that is associated with spoken language. Too many researchers, often through no fault of their own, have been misled into believing that Hemming was being literal in his choice of words when, in fact, one would need to "hear" the tone along with the context to make such a determination. Having said that, I also know that Gerry had a very low tolerance for being "pigeon holed" and would retaliate with obfuscation or red herrings. This approach did not help his reputation.

Bottom line: Take everything in the Weberman book on Hemming with a grain of salt. If it reads like dripping sarcasm it probably is.

"E Howard Hunt escaped the TSBD by a rope in the elevator shaft."

"one would need to "hear" the tone along with the context to make such a determination"

as is so often the case. tone and delivery, nuance and context, make all the difference in the world sometimes when attaching meaning to particularly important words, statements...

I didn't know that about the memo - we certainly do owe him - the memo's authenticity has of course been questioned; is it surely legitimate?

PresJfkBush.gif

BTW, it was McBride who discovered this document? when was this discovered?

PresJfkBush.gif

BTW, it was McBride who discovered this document? when was this discovered?

Actually, it was not McBride who first discovered this document. Or at least he was not the only one who discovered it. I've had this document for at least 15 years, long before I had ever even heard of McBride. I know that Bruce Campbell Adamson also had it long ago, perhaps going on 20 years or more.

reason I asked, was just a bit curious about your need to exaggerate - "The memo's authenticity was established decades ago" - i'm pretty sure the memo isn't "decades old" as far as research material goes - it's the second time you've responded like that to me, and i'm not sure why.

i try diligently to find reliable, reputable researchers in whose material I can trust; your experience is surely something that should gain the attention of many, but i'm not so sure about the delivery.

no disrespect intended. just sayin'...

Its authenticity was established more than one decade ago, hence plural. I don't have the exact date in front of me when (I believe) Bruce got his copy, but I am fairly certain it was at least 20 years ago.

You might find this one interesting, too.

[All information contained below was unclassified as of October 15, 1993 -- Twenty-two years ago]

Bush_Memo_Kitchel.jpg

Edited by Greg Burnham

Dawn - agree with you for many years, maybe still. But McBride got me thinking about the possibility that Tippit might have been more than that. He was certainly frantic in his movements from about 12:45 pm until his death shortly after 1pm.

Glenn - in addition to his proximity to Dealey Plaza after the killing, the alibi for his whereabouts in the half hour before is very weak. There is no evidence that the story of his taking a shoplifter into custody is true, and to me it reads more like a deliberately planted story to mislead researchers into questioning whether Tippit might have been in uniform behind the picket fence. We owe McBride a debt of gratitude whether he agrees with this or not. He is also the intrepid researcher that dug up the very important Hoover memo to 'George Bush of the CIA.

i realize i'm opening myself up to a number of creative responses, but i'll ask anyway:

ok, so what are the opinions of James' Files and W. Dankbaar's revelations that one Gary Marlow, friend of Files', shot Tippit?

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2015 at 1:36 PM, Glenn Nall said:

i realize i'm opening myself up to a number of creative responses, but i'll ask anyway:

ok, so what are the opinions of James' Files and W. Dankbaar's revelations that one Gary Marlow, friend of Files', shot Tippit?

The existence of Gary Marlow is sketchy. AFAIK, it is limited to Files' statement as to who the guy is in two photographs, with Files. 

I have not had luck posting photos or I would do it myself; but, if you Google James Files and click photos, two pictures of the young James Files are prominent. In one photo, Files is playing a guitar (uncropped) while "Marlow" is wearing sunglasses. In the other photo, they are both wearing tuxedos.

Now.... If you Google Frenchy Brouillette, and click on photos, you will see a mugshot of Frenchy. Compare that to the "Marlow" in the tuxedo.

I hate wading into photo analysis because it gets too contentious. But I think that Frenchy looks more like "Marlow" than he doesn't. 

Frenchy was a mobster known as Mr. New Orleans. He was Oswalds age and I don't see how Frenchy could not have been aware of Oswald, Ferrie, Bannister, Shaw, Oswalds uncle, and Carlos Marcelo himself.

To be sure, Frenchy's full name is Kent "Frenchy" Brouillette. AKA Mr. New Orleans.

It would be interesting to see what Files has to say about Frenchy now that he is dead.

On 7/5/2015 at 2:03 PM, Greg Burnham said:

Bottom line: Take everything in the Weberman book on Hemming with a grain of salt. If it reads like dripping sarcasm it probably is.

"E Howard Hunt escaped the TSBD by a rope in the elevator shaft."

Greg, can you, or anyone else, say whether or not you have any confidence in Weberman's claim that Seymour Weitzman identified Bernard Barker as a fake Secret Service agent on the Grassy Knoll?

Cheers,

Michael