The Education Forum

Complaints thread - Political Conspiracies

Evan Burton

Now, just to demonstrate how all the "faults" are of your doing, Peter, let's look at the post you made:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=166179

In it, you'll see the two hyperlinks you made in that post (please not that the only person to have edited that post is Peter; I nor any other mod has touched it).

The first link appears, and has the properties of this:

http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/vie...093a6d9f412001

Notice that if you were to place your mouse over the hyperlink, exactly the same text appears down the bottom left of the screen.

The same for the second link:

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL268.../361485259.jpg

However, if we go to the original page this came from, the first link should have the full URL of:

"http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=17110&sid=4ddadc847a0fe046fd093a6d9f412001"

Here is a screen shot, showing how you SEE a truncated version, but the full link appears underneath:

The problem appears because Peter did a straight cut and paste from his other post on another forum's page. When you do a cut and paste in some circumstances, the "cut" looks simply at what text appears and NOT what the full link should be.

Whenever you copy text with a link that has been truncated (or parsed), you need to make sure that the "paste" includes ALL the link. In most cases, you'll need to select the link, right click, and select "COPY LINK LOCATION" (for Firefox). You'd then paste that over the URL (link) that you pasted.

Don't believe me? Go to the page Peter copied the text from:

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/sh...amp;postcount=1

(notice that link is ALSO truncated, but I have made sure the full URL is available)

Select the text, select COPY, go to ANY OTHER FORUM WHERE YOU CAN POST, and paste the text. Hit POST or whatever you need to do to post your message.

Now check the link you have just posted..

OH MY GOD! Now THAT site is blocking the links to Peter's pages! Better inform them how they are blocking freedom of speech.

So.. any apology coming from you Peter?

Oh, and I should say that a correction is due from me; if Duane was able to PM you then he is still a member but he is under moderation. So I am wrong about him being "thrown out"; he has chosen to not post here.

It does further weaken your case about my supposed banning of people. It now turns out no-one at all was banned. Two people asked for their accounts to be removed, and the rest are under moderation.

IIRC Jack was reminded several times that the link for his bio was broken and he flatly refused to fix it. He had ample opportunity to fix it.

I'd imagine that Peter goes around looking for people who haven't dotted the I's and T's, gleefully tattling on them.

Both John and Andy visited his bio page and said zip.

And how do you know this Peter? Are you reading the member's private messages? Can you state unequivocally that John or Andy have not sent a PM to the member, asking them to put up a bio?

IIRC Jack was reminded several times that the link for his bio was broken and he flatly refused to fix it. He had ample opportunity to fix it.

Exactly. As I have said before about other members: if people want to act like petulant children, then they will have no-one to blame but themselves for the consequences.

Edited by Evan Burton
Spelling correction

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...mp;#entry166677  has no photo after 147 posts. You visited his profile ten days ago, yet Magda was booted-out [iMO because on the progressive hit list] for a photo you didn't like. I've long complained of several other dark, small, side-shot photos of the various Borg. Some are still tolerated, a few were asked to change only after I pointed-out. 

Fingernail and bedsheet taughtness inspection tomorrow at 2300 hours.....

Oh such a short memory Peter. Do you not forget Magda was given two weeks to change her avatar - and she refused to do so? And she was asked to change her avatar to one which Jack White said we should all have? And that I advised her to contact John or Andy if she had a reason not to show her photo?

Such a selective memory, Peter. No wonder your recollection is so skewed - and so wrong.

Len's other identity was brought to the forum by Jack White who found it in the 'peer reviewed' Journal of 911 Debunking. There was then much debate about 'who is Len?' 'Colby or Brazil?' aliases, forum rules, peer review, journals, disinfo, disinfo fronts, James Randi, etc in the middle of all this Jack was put on moderation because the link in his bio link was broken. The fact that it was broken was unknown to him. It was a link to a university in Texas and their web designer had obviously changed something and the link got broken. Jack, not unreasonably, said that he was invited to the forum by JS and that it was JS who had uploaded the link and photo and that if there was something wrong with the link then admin will have to fix it as he didn't know how. Some people gave advice but many, the usual suspects, just derided Jack. Evan was adamant that 'rules are rules' and that Jack was on moderation until his link was fixed. No negotiation. End of story. Obviously to take the increasing heat off Len and his identity. Jack had tried to contact JS many times about this apparently but there was no response ( a big problem and I believe Jack as many people including also tried to contact JS during this time and NO ONE that I know of got any response) Some people were defensive of Jack some were accusing the moderators (by this time Annti and another moderator where called in by Evan to tame the natives who were rebelling en mass but still no sign of JS) of being over the top and picking on Jack. When Marga went to Jack's defense she was told that her photo was unsuitable and that she had xx days to get a new one. Again she said that JS had uploaded her photo and that if there was something wrong with it he would have said something and he didn't.

Rules are rules, Mr. immoderator [lately sending me nasty/challenging PMs I'll shortly post!]. JS himself uploaded Magda's photo YOU found 'out of bounds'; Jack [Who was invited here by JS and clearly not very computer literate] didn't break his bio link and others here have photos and bio's missing (and not posted by JS) to which you've done nothing - until I point it out...... It is long-past time for you to recuse yourself as moderator IMO, due to your bias and overly energetic application of rules only to some and unfairly.

I again call for you to voluntarily step down, or I may (in my sleep) start a thread, so calling for.......with gory documentation and poll.

And why is John Geraghty still listed as a moderator? He hasn't logged-on it seems in about a year and a half? How come Mr. Burton does most of the actions of the moderators - only asking them to sometimes go along to get along? Gary L if a moderator is the most [or completely] silent, next to the now departed JG. What is going on here?

Len's other identity was brought to the forum by Jack White who found it in the 'peer reviewed' Journal of 911 Debunking. There was then much debate about 'who is Len?' 'Colby or Brazil?' aliases, forum rules, peer review, journals, disinfo, disinfo fronts, James Randi, etc in the middle of all this Jack was put on moderation because the link in his bio link was broken. The fact that it was broken was unknown to him. It was a link to a university in Texas and their web designer had obviously changed something and the link got broken. Jack, not unreasonably, said that he was invited to the forum by JS and that it was JS who had uploaded the link and photo and that if there was something wrong with the link then admin will have to fix it as he didn't know how. Some people gave advice but many, the usual suspects, just derided Jack. Evan was adamant that 'rules are rules' and that Jack was on moderation until his link was fixed. No negotiation. End of story. Obviously to take the increasing heat off Len and his identity. Jack had tried to contact JS many times about this apparently but there was no response ( a big problem and I believe Jack as many people including also tried to contact JS during this time and NO ONE that I know of got any response) Some people were defensive of Jack some were accusing the moderators (by this time Annti and another moderator where called in by Evan to tame the natives who were rebelling en mass but still no sign of JS) of being over the top and picking on Jack. When Marga went to Jack's defense she was told that her photo was unsuitable and that she had xx days to get a new one. Again she said that JS had uploaded her photo and that if there was something wrong with it he would have said something and he didn't.

Rules are rules, Mr. immoderator [lately sending me nasty/challenging PMs I'll shortly post!]. JS himself uploaded Magda's photo YOU found 'out of bounds'; Jack [Who was invited here by JS and clearly not very computer literate] didn't break his bio link and others here have photos and bio's missing (and not posted by JS) to which you've done nothing - until I point it out...... It is long-past time for you to recuse yourself as moderator IMO, due to your bias and overly energetic application of rules only to some and unfairly.

I again call for you to voluntarily step down, or I may (in my sleep) start a thread, so calling for.......with gory documentation and poll.

And why is John Geraghty still listed as a moderator? He hasn't logged-on it seems in about a year and a half? How come Mr. Burton does most of the actions of the moderators - only asking them to sometimes go along to get along? Gary L if a moderator is the most [or completely] silent, next to the now departed JG. What is going on here?

Such untruths - as usual - from Peter and the gang.

I'll let Peter quack about, and once he he has finished, I'll address his claims.

AS to the links in my post on the 911 actor and MI man which some are clamoring about as only bad links. I do not know what the problem is/was. I know I spent 15 minutes, or more, endlessly repasting the links and everytime they would not work on the post I had on this Forum and everytime they worked on the other post on the other Forum. I didn't subscribe a motive or means for the blockage - only that they were blocked. It could be a computer software 'thing' - of which this forum has more than it should. Now, when I often hit button for complete edit I get the bitvertiser page and there is no way to complete the edit. That is probably software the advertiser has to capture more people or a mistake in their software. There is also the annoying as hell huge shaking bitvertizer adds in the local language that must be scrolled away. So who's paranoid and who's trying to be annoying?

BULLxxxx Peter - you said:

The links are being blocked specifically from this site. If you go the similar thead on the Deep Politics Forum [even Len was there the last two days] the links work and they are exactly the SAME. I have repeatedly tried to re-do them here. As I said they are being blocked from this site.

Three people told you REPEATEDLY what they problem was. You maintain your accusations, and lack the moral fibre to even admit you stuffed up.

Your paranoia is running rampant, Peter.

I believe that to say BxxxSxxx is a violation of forum rules. The writer should be put on moderation

for knowingly breaking the rules.

Jack ;)

I believe that to say BxxxSxxx is a violation of forum rules. The writer should be put on moderation

Jack ;)

On the contrary Jack valued members such as yourself have been extended courtesy over some time to publish as much bullxxxx as they care to. What is not allowed is abuse.

Jack ;)

On the contrary Jack valued members such as yourself have been extended courtesy over some time to publish as much bullxxxx as they care to. What is not allowed is abuse.

just think Andy, without those JFK researchers John Simkin invited here you'd STILL be muttering under your breath wondering how to get folks to the Ed Forum. And THAT, would cut into precious time you dedicate chasing that white pill all over the Cliffs of Dover. That's a wicked slice you have Chum, don't stand to close to the edge now!

In the event you find yourself on the (US) west coast, I can get green fees at Pebble Beach for 40% -- don't tell anyone

Edited by David G. Healy

Jack ;)

just think Andy, without those JFK researchers John Simkin invited here you'd STILL be muttering under your breath wondering how to get folks to the Ed Forum. And THAT, would cut into precious time you dedicate chasing that white pill all over the Cliffs of Dover. That's a wicked slice you have Chum, don't stand to close to the edge now!

In the event you find yourself on the (US) west coast, I can get green fees at Pebble Beach for 40% -- don't tell anyone

Perhaps, but two things spring to mind - firstly I play with a draw, and secondly the many teachers we had here originally may have not run scared from this forum had there been more educational posts and less of this peculiar and repetitive nonsense.

Thanks for the green fee offer - last time I was in those parts I baulked at the Pebble Beach green fee and ended up the road in some very friendly place called Pismo Beach.... happy days

Peter,

I don't know why you insist on distorting the facts when they are available for all to see. It hurts your credibility doing things like that.

So, let's check this out:

... Jack was put on moderation because the link in his bio link was broken. The fact that it was broken was unknown to him. It was a link to a university in Texas and their web designer had obviously changed something and the link got broken. Jack, not unreasonably, said that he was invited to the forum by JS and that it was JS who had uploaded the link and photo and that if there was something wrong with the link then admin will have to fix it as he didn't know how. Some people gave advice but many, the usual suspects, just derided Jack. Evan was adamant that 'rules are rules' and that Jack was on moderation until his link was fixed. No negotiation. End of story. Obviously to take the increasing heat off Len and his identity. Jack had tried to contact JS many times about this apparently but there was no response ( a big problem and I believe Jack as many people including also tried to contact JS during this time and NO ONE that I know of got any response) Some people were defensive of Jack some were accusing the moderators (by this time Annti and another moderator where called in by Evan to tame the natives who were rebelling en mass but still no sign of JS) of being over the top and picking on Jack.

As you know, we are all required to have a link to our bios on the bottom of our posts. John told everyone in an e-mail that this was a requirement that would be enforced. The bio link on Jack's posts was not working and I reminded him three times, via PM and over a few days, that he needed to fix it. When no action was taken, Jack was publicly reminded of the requirement.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=151027

He stated that he "did not read PMs".

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=151039

Okay, so Jack was reminded about the requirement. He was also told that if the link was broken, we could not fix it - he had to do that.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=151435

Jack refused to do it. Therefore - after several warnings over several days - he was placed on moderation. As soon as Jack complied with the requirement, he was taken off moderation. Now, this was not the first time Jack was asked to update the link, and was told how to do it. Even then, he insisted he should be a special case:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8286

When Marga went to Jack's defense she was told that her photo was unsuitable and that she had xx days to get a new one. Again she said that JS had uploaded her photo and that if there was something wrong with it he would have said something and he didn't.

Once again, Magda was given several opportunities to have her photo comply with forum rules - rules which Jack White insisted be enforced.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13072

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...ost&p=97635

I also reminded her that if there was a reason she should be exempted, then she should contact John. To my knowledge, she did not do so. She chose not to abide by the rules, and so is under moderation.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=151489

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=151509

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=165645

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13362

Edited by Evan Burton

Jack ;)

Perhaps, but two things spring to mind - firstly I play with a draw, and secondly the many teachers we had here originally may have not run scared from this forum had there been more educational posts and less of this peculiar and repetitive nonsense.

Thanks for the green fee offer - last time I was in those parts I baulked at the Pebble Beach green fee and ended up the road in some very friendly place called Pismo Beach.... happy days

Pismo Beach is down the road, as in south of the Monterey (Pebble Beach) Bay area. Wouldn't want to to create a north-south positioning issue on the Ed Forum, especially when we're talking about the premiere, holy grail location in GOLF, now. And same, Happy Days to you....