The Education Forum
  • Announcements

• Evan Burton

OPEN REGISTRATION BY EMAIL ONLY !!! PLEASE CLICK ON THIS TITLE FOR INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION!:   06/03/2017

We have 5 requirements for registration: 1.Sign up with your real name. (This will be your Username) 2.A valid email address 3.Your agreement to the Terms of Use, seen here: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21403. 4. Your photo for use as an avatar  5.. A brief biography. We will post these for you, and send you your password. We cannot approve membership until we receive these. If you are interested, please send an email to: edforumbusiness@outlook.com We look forward to having you as a part of the Forum! Sincerely, The Education Forum Team
Kathy Beckett

Anyone else having software problems?

I found that I had to reload the cache to update some photos. I was telling some people they had to update their avatars, and it turned out they had... my browser was just using the cache.

Heheheh - I was just think about saying how we should all save portions of text, so if we lose the post we can repost without having to retype it all... when I thought about one of my old COs. Very smart man, but I couldn't get through his head the value of 'Control S'.

With pitiful regularity there would be an explosion of invective from his office. He is a very big man, 6' 3" or bigger, and he found he was often knocking the power cord to his PC out of the socket under his desk.

ZZZZT! Two hours of typing a status report gone.

$%#**!!!*%$#$!!

He's coming back as my boss next year; I hope he has learnt the value of 'Control S'.

I use the AOL browser with Windows XP home. Sometimes I can see photographs, other times there's just a blank space.

Kathy Collins

I'v had that a few times. If an old post the photo may have been removed [sadly], if a newer post, it is not supposed to happen, but does. I still have formatting of lines problems and letters cut out, using Opera [my prefered program]. I also find that sometimes a typed post gets lost if one swithes to another window to get information, one returns to find all your work...gone. Very frustrating. Double mosts seem common and even triple ones, at times. The window takes a long, long time to load in order to post and that for attachments even longer -and on occassion the attachment window never opens.....ah, well.....

Thanks for responding. I asked Andy Walker to look at this phenomena and he too saw that I wasn't seeing photos and told me, regretfully, he didn't know how to correct it.

Also, switching windows. I now know to save my post onto my clipboard, so if it's gone when I've come back after checking a fact, I can paste it.

There's nothing worse than losing a post you carefully crafted.

Kathy Collins