The Education Forum

Chris Higgins

Chris Higgins

Hi, I'm Chris Higgins. I teacher history and politics at Invicta Grammar School in Maidstone, Kent. I am also an ICT co-ordinator (Deputy Director for e-Learning) and have responsibility for training staff in use of key and new appllications and sharing good practice across the school. The department has a very successful website www.igshistoryonline.co.uk which is used frequentlty by staff and students at school and outside. Invicta is fortunate to be taking part in a laptop programme with all students from Years 7-10 having their own laptops, so there are lots of opportunities to promote interesting IT projects. I am curently involved in a project sponsored by the Innovations Unit of the DfES to develop the use of handheld technologies in teaching and learning.

Hi, I'm Chris Higgins. I teacher history and politics at Invicta Grammar School in Maidstone, Kent. I am also an ICT co-ordinator (Deputy Director for e-Learning) and have responsibility for training staff in use of key and new appllications and sharing good practice across the school. The department has a very successful website www.igshistoryonline.co.uk which is used frequentlty by staff and students at school and outside. Invicta is fortunate to be taking part in a laptop programme with all students from Years 7-10 having their own laptops, so there are lots of opportunities to promote interesting IT projects. I am curently involved in a project sponsored by the Innovations Unit of the DfES to develop the use of handheld technologies in teaching and learning.

Hello, Chris!

I attended Maidstone Grammar School from 1953 to 1961. I got A-Levels in French, German and Latin and then went on to study German with French at Queen Mary College, University of London. Your modern languages staff may be interested in what an old boy of the school has achieved. See my CV here:

http://www.camsoftpartners.co.uk/cvgd.htm

They may also be interested in linking to the website that I maintain:

ICT for Language Teachers

http://www.ict4lt.org

I am now resident in Berkshire, but I visit my brother and his family on regular occasions. They live in the Maidstone area.

Regards

Graham Davies

Emeritus Professor of Computer Assisted Language Learning