The Education Forum

If The Hat Don't Fit

Guest Duncan MacRae

For those who don't mind looking at 40 yr old Life Magazine scans, here is what I sent Duncan, for the most part.

Compare the clarity in the Ft.Worth sign, between this and the others.

And NO, I did not adjust the contrast/sharpness to this scan. What you see represents the magazine.

chris

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who don't mind looking at 40 yr old Life Magazine scans, here is what I sent Duncan, for the most part.

Compare the clarity in the Ft.Worth sign, between this and the others.

And NO, I did not adjust the contrast/sharpness to this scan. What you see represents the magazine.

chris

Chris - how about doing a high resolution scan of the just the area around the Hudson tree ... maybe we can see the points of the hat or the fork in the tree branches better.

Another interesting things you could do is do an overlay of the fence in Moorman with the same in bond. Match the two corners and as they are animated would should see the location shift changes take place.

Bill

Looks like someone was holding up a banner in this location.

Ed, is there any chance that you can read what it says? You may have to go back to the smaller lower resolution image Duncan posted to see it better, but I am most interested in knowing what the banner says.

Thanks,

Bill

Nice enlargement, Ed. (sigh~) I cannot make out all the letters on the sign, but it says something about cops on the knoll with cameras. Nice find!

Bill

Now maybe Duncan can point out the two points of the hat in this enlargement ... or does he now want to admit that reading such a poor blurry image is just not reliable as he thought?

Bill

I've already pointed out the hat, now how about you pointing out the branches instead of playing God. As the old saying goes, " Put up or shut up" A worded reply is simply not good enough, but I guess it's what i'll get..........................as usual

Duncan

Duncan,

Im not sure you should be surprised.

For example, did you ever get the promised scaling of the legs of the alleged GI Joe figure in Moorman?

No?

Maybe that's still being worked on?

:D

Edited by Miles Scull

Now maybe Duncan can point out the two points of the hat in this enlargement ... or does he now want to admit that reading such a poor blurry image is just not reliable as he thought?

Bill

I've already pointed out the hat, now how about you pointing out the branches instead of playing God. As the old saying goes, " Put up or shut up" A worded reply is simply not good enough, but I guess it's what i'll get..........................as usual

Duncan

I find it odd that someone who believes they can see a floating shooting cop torso in a poor copy print of Moorman's #5 photo cannot see the forked branches in the enlargement Robin posted, but I promise you that as soon as I get back to my place where I will have access to the programs I use - I will be more than happy to oblige you, Duncan.

Bill

Duncan,

Im not sure you should be surprised.

For example, did you ever get the promised scaling of the legs of the alleged GI Joe figure in Moorman?

No?

Maybe that's still being worked on?

Miles,

Since the time of that Arnold nonsense, I have had bigger and more important things to deal with. Duncan is aware of what I have been up to for the past two months. So if you are thinking that you are somehow taking a shot at me, then I imagine that Duncan is aware that you are as uniformed about what you posted as I believe you to be on most everything you say.

Bill Miller

I find it odd that someone who believes they can see a floating shooting cop torso in a poor copy print of Moorman's #5 photo cannot see the forked branches in the enlargement Robin posted, but I promise you that as soon as I get back to my place where I will have access to the programs I use - I will be more than happy to oblige you, Duncan.

Bill

I also find it odd that someone who believes they can see a ridiculous midgets hat from an even poorer blurry degenerated Willis copy print cannot see the peaks and troughs of the hat as ilustrated in previous posts by me, so until then, I suppose we have a stalemate once again.

Duncan

Miles,

Since the time of that Arnold nonsense, I have had bigger and more important things to deal with. Duncan is aware of what I have been up to for the past two months. So if you are thinking that you are somehow taking a shot at me, then I imagine that Duncan is aware that you are as uniformed about what you posted as I believe you to be on most everything you say.

Bill Miller

Miles,

Since the time of that Arnold nonsense, I have had bigger and more important things to deal with.

Like practicing tying your left shoe?

Duncan is aware of what I have been up to for the past two months.

Is he too embarrassed to mention this in public?

So, if you are thinking that you are somehow taking a shot at me, then I imagine that Duncan is aware that you are as uniformed about what you posted as I believe you to be on most everything you say.

If Duncan remains hush hush, then I'm going to comment that Duncan knows perfectly that GI Joe cannot be scaled so that he is standing on the ground.

Your failure to produce this scaling is therefore easily understood.

Case dismissed.

Bill Miller

If Duncan remains hush hush, then I'm going to comment that Duncan knows perfectly that GI Joe cannot be scaled so that he is standing on the ground.

Case dismissed

Miles

Bill gave me a valid reason privately why he cannot present his case at the moment which I accepted because I understand his reasons why. All will be revealed when the time is right. I stand by my original analysis.

Duncan

:D(an article? a NID presentation? a book?) :lol:

OK

So, since you stand by your original analysis & since I stand by mine, then it is reasonable to conclude that,

despite the extreme secrecy displayed, we can confidently look forward to a zero advance toward justifying Joe as real. Yes?

What was missing in the final analysis was the Simian Reference Key + the Big Clue.

ArnoldsFEETCROP-2-1_A-B-C-D-E-F.jpg

I also find it odd that someone who believes they can see a ridiculous midgets hat from an even poorer blurry degenerated Willis copy print cannot see the peaks and troughs of the hat as ilustrated in previous posts by me, so until then, I suppose we have a stalemate once again.

Duncan

I cannot see a hat persay, but what I can see is something blocking out the Dallas sky that cannot be accounted for as being a permanent object in the RR yard. Its an object that seems to have the shape of two rounded shoulders - a head - and something on top of the head that could be a hat. It's not a RR tower, and it cannot be a vehicle, and as far as I know - Bowers and Hoffman mentioned someone being near the fence when they last saw them. Holland mentions a shot being fired from the fence just seconds after Willis took that photograph and several witnesses saw smoke come out from under the trees - which is supported by the acoustic evidence, thus what would common sense tell you it would be???

Bill

Case dismissed

Miles

Bill gave me a valid reason privately why he cannot present his case at the moment which I accepted because I understand his reasons why. All will be revealed when the time is right. I stand by my original analysis.

Duncan

:D(an article? a NID presentation? a book?) :lol:

OK

So, since you stand by your original analysis & since I stand by mine, then it is reasonable to conclude that,

despite the extreme secrecy displayed, we can confidently look forward to a zero advance toward justifying Joe as real. Yes?

What was missing in the final analysis was the Simian Reference Key + the Big Clue.

Smile Miles - your picture is being taken once again!

So you don't continue making an idiot out of yourself and attempt to run up this thread with a lot of stupid nonsense like you have done with so many others - I'll tell you what I have been doing. My time has been utilized over the past few months because my father took ill and it was necessary to travel half a continent to go be with him as he took his final journey from this world into the arms of God. I have gotten a break at times from all the pain in going through this process by looking in on the forum with a borrowed laptop that doesn't even have "WORD" on it. And so you (Miles) don't start in with that hearsay BS over this ... here is the link to my now dead father obituary. If you have anything else to say - save it for the day we may meet maybe in Dealey Plaza after I show you the LOS from the steps to the tower window where Bowers sat during the Caravan's passing through the plaza!

http://www.preston-hanley.com/obits/details.cfm?obitID=854

Bill Miller