The Education Forum

Zapruder GIF

links not working Wed 01-09-2008 0022hrs Pacific Standard Time

Frank wrote:

In my opinion the best available version of Zapruder is from the film "JFK". For my eye it is the clearest and steadiest. Also the most easily viewed frame by frame because it's in a commercial DVD format. I never seen any other versions (MPI etc.) that offer anything better. It seems that we're not supposed to prefer this version; and we all have other copies; but consider this: Oliver Stone and his Hollywood crew spent more money and time in stabilizing and reprinting this film than anybody else.

Page 1 : http://copweb.be/Frank%20Caramelli%20Jr/Fl...%20Fragment.htm

Page 2 : http://www.copweb.be/Frank%20Caramelli%20J...%20Animated.htm

Edited by David G. Healy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernice,

I must say that is by far,the best image I have ever seen regarding the condition of the head at the time of the shooting (specifically the back of the head) and now I can honestly say that,I am no longer convinced that there was something sinister about the area that this "black area" appears.I do however remain skeptical.

Thank you so much for the kind gesture.

Edited by Michael Crane

Frank Caramelli wrote:

Thanks Miles, for the nice graph showing the "white spot" is not moving uniformly through the backround. That's because it's a flying piece of the President's skull and not something lying on the lawn.

Thanks, Frank, for the kind words. Your article is interesting & thanks.

On the white object: it seems to be reflected off the trunk bonnet from the grass position because the bonnet is curved or convex.

ParkHOLE.jpg

Also, the white object stays the same distance from the shadow in the frames beginning with frame 325. (vertical red line to vertical red line)

z325-11.jpgz325-121.jpg

Nix Gif showing a man in a brown shirt running into the shadows.

It also shows Clint hill jump up on to the limo, his foot then slipping of the step and hitting the ground.

Then still holding on to the grab rail with his arms at full stretch, he had to run very fast to catch up to the limo.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/quaneeri2/Nix.gif

Edited by Robin Unger

Frank Caramelli wrote:

Thanks Miles, for the nice graph showing the "white spot" is not moving uniformly through the backround. That's because it's a flying piece of the President's skull and not something lying on the lawn.

On the white object: it seems to be reflected off the trunk bonnet from the grass position because the bonnet is curved or convex.

ParkHOLE.jpg

Also, the white object stays the same distance from the shadow in the frames beginning with frame 325. (vertical red line to vertical red line)

z325-11.jpgz325-121.jpg

Hello again Miles; and thank you for another nice job. Undoubtedly the biggest problem with my observation is the fact that the white spot (skull fragment) barely moves in it's traverse of the screen. But a few things must be noted. First, the fragment is only airborn for a little more than a second. The scenario in my mind is a large piece of skull (possibly Harper) shot off and spinning in the air as the limo travels underneath it. One of the strongest observations I can make is the fact that the "white spot" doesn't look the same in any two frames. Blur and motion from Zapruder are definetly factors, but one would think that at least two frames the spot would be very similar, or nearly identical - if it were a piece of paper on the lawn. Frame 323 is, in my opinion the clearest frame of the entire film. As I point out in my article, one can see the texture of the First Lady's hat, yet the flying skull fragment shows more streak and blur than anything else in the frame. I conclude that's because it's moving and spinning. This is one of the frames published by Life Magazine just after the assassination -and they painted the spot out! You know, wouldn't want anybody speculating that a piece of the President's head was shot off. That spot may also have tipped off people to the idea that a more powerful gun than the Carcano was used, or a frangible round. Which, if I can bring in a side issue, is IMO, the reason why Zapruder was kept from public viewing all those years. A whole lot of people (hunters, military, gun enthusiaists) would have looked at that huge spray of blood and thought -"hey that's not the result of a standard bullet...' and it isn't. Look at it right now. 313 is the result of a frangible. Let me get back on track and address your observation of the contour of the trunk lid. Great observation, and I think the first time on the board anybody has brought it up. In putting the article together, friends and others I conferred with brought that up. But have a look at 327 and 328, my favorite frames. The white spot is clearly reflected in the top portion of the trunk lid. If it were to appear as a result of the trunk lid contour, then we would be talking about a reflection of a reflection; and it doesn't seem to me that there is enough light coming off the white spot to let that happen. The original title of my article is "Detail in Zapruder Film Unnoticed for Forty Three Years". And it was. I searched far and wide for any reference to a trunk lid reflection and found none. I'll stand by my finding and the reasoning that something lying in the grass cannot be reflected in the lid. As I said yesterday -a mirror can't reflect the wall it's hanging on. Further, next time you're driving down the street, have a look at the reflections coming off the hood of your car. You will see, buildings, street lights, telephone poles. You will not see curbs, streets, gutters etc. If you see pedestrians, it will be chest up, faces etc, not legs and feet. It's just impossible, like asking water to flow uphill. Also in putting this article together I found a few eyewitness accounts that refer to pieces of skull flying around. Ruby Henderson: 'saw what she thought was' "a piece of paper fly out of the car"....'realized what she saw was probably a piece of flesh.' (Paraphased or quoted by, I believe, FBI). Then of course Jim (?) Newman's comment - "His ear flew off." A very powerful statement which I believe supports my finding. Before I go (or my boss figures out what I'm doing) let me thank you for your time and expertise. As you know I'm not some expert on this stuff, and I must remind people that I'm dealing with an observation not a theory. As far as photos and films of that terrible day go - there are many, many observations still to be made. And I also want to thank you for dealing with my findings as what they are. Over the months I've been mailed about a million copies of Bothun and Cancelieri photos of papers in the grass. Yes, there were papers (and Polaroid tabs) an the lawns after the motorcade went by. Gusty winds and a parade - of course there was litter. I didn't write four thousand words because I thought the "white spot" was a piece of paper on the lawn. I continue to work on matched frames in Nix (likely) and Muchmore (people in the way), but those films aren't nearly as clear as Zapruder and weren't shot against the light as Zapruder was. Anyhow, back to work, thanks again. Carry on.

Frank Caramelli wrote:

ParkHOLE.jpg

z325-11.jpgz325-121.jpg

Hello again Miles; and thank you for another nice job. Undoubtedly the biggest problem with my observation is the fact that the white spot (skull fragment) barely moves in it's traverse of the screen. But a few things must be noted. First, the fragment is only airborn for a little more than a second. The scenario in my mind is a large piece of skull (possibly Harper) shot off and spinning in the air as the limo travels underneath it. One of the strongest observations I can make is the fact that the "white spot" doesn't look the same in any two frames. Blur and motion from Zapruder are definetly factors, but one would think that at least two frames the spot would be very similar, or nearly identical - if it were a piece of paper on the lawn. Frame 323 is, in my opinion the clearest frame of the entire film. As I point out in my article, one can see the texture of the First Lady's hat, yet the flying skull fragment shows more streak and blur than anything else in the frame. I conclude that's because it's moving and spinning. This is one of the frames published by Life Magazine just after the assassination -and they painted the spot out! You know, wouldn't want anybody speculating that a piece of the President's head was shot off. That spot may also have tipped off people to the idea that a more powerful gun than the Carcano was used, or a frangible round. Which, if I can bring in a side issue, is IMO, the reason why Zapruder was kept from public viewing all those years. A whole lot of people (hunters, military, gun enthusiaists) would have looked at that huge spray of blood and thought -"hey that's not the result of a standard bullet...' and it isn't. Look at it right now. 313 is the result of a frangible. Let me get back on track and address your observation of the contour of the trunk lid. Great observation, and I think the first time on the board anybody has brought it up. In putting the article together, friends and others I conferred with brought that up. But have a look at 327 and 328, my favorite frames. The white spot is clearly reflected in the top portion of the trunk lid. If it were to appear as a result of the trunk lid contour, then we would be talking about a reflection of a reflection; and it doesn't seem to me that there is enough light coming off the white spot to let that happen. The original title of my article is "Detail in Zapruder Film Unnoticed for Forty Three Years". And it was. I searched far and wide for any reference to a trunk lid reflection and found none. I'll stand by my finding and the reasoning that something lying in the grass cannot be reflected in the lid. As I said yesterday -a mirror can't reflect the wall it's hanging on. Further, next time you're driving down the street, have a look at the reflections coming off the hood of your car. You will see, buildings, street lights, telephone poles. You will not see curbs, streets, gutters etc. If you see pedestrians, it will be chest up, faces etc, not legs and feet. It's just impossible, like asking water to flow uphill. Also in putting this article together I found a few eyewitness accounts that refer to pieces of skull flying around. Ruby Henderson: 'saw what she thought was' "a piece of paper fly out of the car"....'realized what she saw was probably a piece of flesh.' (Paraphased or quoted by, I believe, FBI). Then of course Jim (?) Newman's comment - "His ear flew off." A very powerful statement which I believe supports my finding. Before I go (or my boss figures out what I'm doing) let me thank you for your time and expertise. As you know I'm not some expert on this stuff, and I must remind people that I'm dealing with an observation not a theory. As far as photos and films of that terrible day go - there are many, many observations still to be made. And I also want to thank you for dealing with my findings as what they are. Over the months I've been mailed about a million copies of Bothun and Cancelieri photos of papers in the grass. Yes, there were papers (and Polaroid tabs) an the lawns after the motorcade went by. Gusty winds and a parade - of course there was litter. I didn't write four thousand words because I thought the "white spot" was a piece of paper on the lawn. I continue to work on matched frames in Nix (likely) and Muchmore (people in the way), but those films aren't nearly as clear as Zapruder and weren't shot against the light as Zapruder was. Anyhow, back to work, thanks again. Carry on.

Bernice,

I must say that is by far,the best image I have ever seen regarding the condition of the head at the time of the shooting (specifically the back of the head) and now I can honestly say that,I am no longer convinced that there was something sinister about the area that this "black area" appears.I do however remain skeptical.

Hi Mike :

Skeptical, BTW that is my middle name at times, in all this..... :hotorwot In the copies, of the Zap, we had up to a few years ago,

the blow out was not seen, just big black blotch......in that you are correct, relates to what copy you watch today...

Did you happen to notice you can see Jackies shoulder through his head, no, that was not blown away, go to

Parkland......le Cartoon......

Thanks.....B

It also shows Clint hill jump up on to the limo, his foot then slipping of the step and hitting the ground.

Then still holding on to the grab rail with his arms at full stretch, he had to run very fast to catch up to the limo.

Hi Robin:

I did the study of the third man who runs up the steps, in Nix, and posted the Gifs, photos etc, it on here as well as on JFKresearch

which does show the movement in the shadows was this man......

If you want to maybe have a look see..........Best B.....

And perhaps some day, someone will fully explain the reasons as to why it is that if Clint Hill can be observed to "rise" to the occassion in the Nix film, that this same, extremely noticable elevation change is not also observed in the Z-film.

B

Hello again Miles; and thank you for another nice job. -- Frank

Frank,

Here's another shot of the while object:

bothun4-1.jpg

Frank,

Here's a comparison. I cannot see they are the same here.

post-632-1197421865.jpg

Hello Miles! We enter the realm of the possibly never known when we view the Bothun photograph. Is it a skull fragment? Ike Altgens claimed a shower of skull fragments landed near his feet. Many have said that the white spot in Bothun is Mary Moorman's Polaroid tab. I have it on good authority from a very high level researcher that it's not. He told me that Mary told him, when she got back to her car she had eight photos and eight pull tabs -she didn't litter. I hope I'm right about the number eight, anyway she had a matching number of pull tabs to photos. It does look like a pull tab, maybe from someone else. It also looks like a piece of paper, maybe one of those little white bags french fries used to come in. It could be a skull fragment, but as you point out, not the same shape as Harper. I do entertain the idea that the flying skull fragment (i.e. "white spot" in Zapruder) is Harper and rolled away when it hit the ground. I have said in my article that I believe the fragment to be spinning and quite rapidly. Back tho the realm of the unknown - how Harper got to where it was, and why it wasn't noticed for, I believe nearly twenty four hours (!) is a mystery that probably won't ever be solved. I tried to conjure up a few senarios such as a child, or adult stepping on it, catching it on their shoe and then it falls off after they walk west and toward the south knoll. Other have speculated that animals may have been in Dealey overnight; I find that a little far fetched. As I said, I doubt we'll ever know how Harper got to where it was. I would like to clarify a bit from my article and say that I believe the flying skull fragment is Harper but I would easily go with the idea that it is another fragment or better yet, a larger fragment from which Harper broke off. In years to come I think we will hear more about the Harper fragment as it found it's way to the hands of Dr. Burkley, and was never entered into autopsy evidence. I hold out hope that it will turn up and can be tested for metals etc; that would hopefully be a huge advance.

As far as the diagrams you made up yesterday; showing the white spot and the dsitance from Altgens shadow. Last night I did some crude measuring of my own and there actually is a difference in the two frames you posted. Of course measuring off my computer screen isn't at all accurate enough, but in the second frame the white spot looks to be a tiny bit farther (east). I wish I had the skills you do for that kind of photometrics.

In regards to the original thread here; I find the "brake stomp" to also be in the realm of the maybe never known. Watch it once and it looks like a brake stomp, watch it again and it looks like Kellerman and Greer are ducking - and IMHO they both knew bullets were going to be flying. I know there has been speculation about their roles in a plot; but just a quick look at Zapruder tells one Greer held the limo on the straight and slow for far too long. Secret Service inactivity from the first shot forward is not just inexcusable - it's evidence some of those guys were in on it. I know that's a strong statement but, but compare the Reagan attempt, or the Sarah Jane Moore attempt on Ford - those guys are moving! Not with JFK, casually looking back at the sound of "a backfire". I don't think one of those guys were ever quoted as saying thaey heard "a shot". It's always "a backfire", or "firecrackers." Fishy as hell, Fishy as well -Ruth Paine.

Anyway, just some idle ideas from another crackpot wanna be researcher. Your help is always welcome. Thanks again.

I presume Frank is referring to me when he said:

"just some idle ideas from another crackpot wanna be researcher"

I do not appreciate that opinion.

Jack

I will be surprised if your presumption is correct.

On rereading, I suppose he was referring to himself?

He had been commenting about my comparison of the Harper fragment to

the Bothun image, and I did not read his last paragraph carefully.

Jack