The Education Forum

NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER

Or the $1,000,000 that Phil Plait offered for anyone who shows video of astronauts making great jumps during lunar EVA, you know, the $1,000,000 that Plait refused to pay when greenmagoos showed such footage.

Could you give a link to where that was made? I'd never heard of this before. Thanks.

Sure I will be happy to .... I need to find the two YouTube videos where Plait made this offer and greenmagoos supplied the evidence he was asking for.

I will post them here as soon as I track them down .

Edited by Duane Daman

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or the $1,000,000 that Phil Plait offered for anyone who shows video of astronauts making great jumps during lunar EVA, you know, the $1,000,000 that Plait refused to pay when greenmagoos showed such footage.

Could you give a link to where that was made? I'd never heard of this before. Thanks.

Sure I will be happy to .... I need to find the two YouTube videos where Plait made this offer and greenmagoos supplied the evidence he was asking for.

I will post them here as soon as I track them down .

It was from an interview with Joe Rogan on the Penn and Teller radio show. You and Greenmagoos made a video of it which is on Youtube, watch from around 8:10. Here's a transcript:-

Rogan: "They're not even leaving the surface of the moon more than a few inches".

Plait: "Yeah, they were wearing these big heavy spacesuits, and the back..."

Rogan: "Right,OK, which brings us to the future, brings us to future landings, where they filmed more elaborate, you know high colour films of them on the moon, where all of a sudden, they can jump like 16, 20 feet! They can jump in great distances? Now what's that all about? It looks like they're doing Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon crap".

Plait: "I will give you $1,000,000 right now if you can show me video of an astronaut jumping twenty feet on the moon".

Rogan: "Not in the air, I'm not talking about in the air, they're jumping distances, and it might not be twenty feet..."

Plait "A million bucks right now, for anyone who shows me video from Apollo, 20 feet"

Rogan: "No no no no, you haven't seen video of them making great jumps?"

Plait: "No"

I think the $1,000,000 joke bet Plait had with Rogan is quite safe! Unless anyone has any footage of astronauts making these huge 16-20 foot leaps of distance, not height as Rogan specified.

The audio was dubbed over video footage taken at the end of Apollo 16 when the astronauts did jump approx 4 feet into the air, which is nowhere near Rogan's claim that they jumped 16-20 feet (he later said "it might not be twenty feet", but didn't specifiy how far), and that the jump wasn't "into the air" (i.e. vertically), but "distance" (i.e. horzontally).

Do you agree that Plait offered a million dollars for video of an astronaut jumping twenty feet, as transcribed above and in the Youtube video you were involved in making?

Do you also agree that the video of the jump in question is nowhere near twenty feet?

Do you therefore agree that Greenmagoos is not owed $1,000,000 by Plait (despite the fact that it was obviously said as a joke to demonstrate how confident he was that no such footage existed - which it doesn't)?

Edited by Dave Greer

Thanks for saving me the trouble of tracking down those videos ... As usual your tap dance is excellent .

It was from an interview with Joe Rogan on the Penn and Teller radio show. You and Greenmagoos made a video of it which is on Youtube, watch from around 8:10. Here's a transcript:-

I didn't help greenamgoos make that particular video ... I didn't remember which one it was because he has made so many ... He just put my name on it because he likes the name "straydog/greenmagoos production " .

I have only made two videos for YouTube ... 'A Tribute to Jack White' and 'One Giant Spotlight for all Mankind' . ... I have also hosted two videos for Jarrah White .

Do you agree that Plait offered a million dollars for video of an astronaut jumping twenty feet, as transcribed above and in the Youtube video you were involved in making?

See reply above ... I had no part in making it .

Do you therefore agree that Greenmagoos is not owed $1,000,000 by Plait (even though it was obviously said as a joke said for effect to demonstrate how confident he was that no such footage existed - which it doesn't)?

I didn't realize that the bet was for a "twenty foot " jump , as I never paid very close attention to the video , other than to laugh at the obvious way the astronots faked the "four foot" jumps behind the Rover , with their feet not in view of the camera . ... So in that context , I guess Phil's money is safe .

Edited by Duane Daman

Thanks for saving me the trouble of tracking down those videos ... As usual your tap dance is excellent .

I wanted to try out the new shoes I got for Christmas!

TonyWaagDanceShotsm.jpg

I didn't help greenamgoos make that particular video ... I didn't remember which one it was because he has made so many ... He just put my name on it because he likes the name "straydog/greenmagoos production " .

If you're happy for him to use your name in his videos then you have to be prepared to accept the blame as well as the glory!

I didn't realize that the bet was for a "twenty foot " jump , as I never paid very close attention to the video , other than to laugh at the obvious way the astronots faked the "four foot" jumps behind the Rover , with their feet not in view of the camera . ... So in that context , I guess Phil's money is safe .

No worries. Best tell Mr Magoo not to give up the day job just yet!

Re the four foot jumps. I'm assuming you're of the opinion that they were jumping on little trampolines? Strange how on some of the jumps they stop dead - would be mightily difficult to do in a bulky suit, with a PLSS, after a four foot high jump.

Funny "one up " there Dave ... You should really keep up with the comedy cuz it sure beats some of your lame "rebuttals" .

If you're happy for him to use your name in his videos then you have to be prepared to accept the blame as well as the glory!

I'm happy for my buddy to use my name in any video he makes exposing the Apollo hoax evidence ... He did a fine job of finding some more faked Apollo video footage of the Apollo astronot frat boys goofing around during the Apollo Simulation Project on there silly little trampolins, which were hidden behind the buggy .... I don't know who NASA thinks they're fooling with silly staged stuff like that .

Strange how on some of the jumps they stop dead - would be mightily difficult to do in a bulky suit, with a PLSS, after a four foot high jump.

Not strange at all if you are using NASA's tricks, such as "training" wires , light weight "hammers" and weighted "feathers " to fake 1/6 g on the moonset .

Funny "one up " there Dave ... You should really keep up with the comedy cuz it sure beats some of your lame "rebuttals" .

I'm happy for my buddy to use my name in any video he makes exposing the Apollo hoax evidence ... He did a fine job of finding some more faked Apollo video footage of the Apollo astronot frat boys goofing around during the Apollo Simulation Project on there silly little trampolins, which were hidden behind the buggy .... I don't know who NASA thinks they're fooling with silly staged stuff like that .

Strange how on some of the jumps they stop dead - would be mightily difficult to do in a bulky suit, with a PLSS, after a four foot high jump.

Not strange at all if you are using NASA's tricks, such as "training" wires , light weight "hammers" and weighted "feathers " to fake 1/6 g on the moonset .

Duane

That's all good, you're entitled to your opinion. Do you have any actual proof to back these claims up though?

That's all good, you're entitled to your opinion. Do you have any actual proof to back these claims up though?

Why thank you Dave ... and you are entitled to your opinion as well . :)

Proof that the Apollo astronots jumped twenty feet ? ... No .... Proof that the official Apollo photographic record was faked ? ... Yes .

Do you have anything resembling proof that the photos are real ? ... Besides some differences in shadows where the stagelights were moved that is . ;)

Edited by Duane Daman