The Education Forum

Interesting Apollo Picture (Small Astronaut)

Jack White's Original Study: http://www.aulis.com/jackimages/convexmirrorcomp.jpg

403024090d67d0d5bc2osh4.jpg

I was browsing through some random images on Flickr when I suddenly had the idea of searching for some high resolution pictures of Apollo Spacesuits, and I came across this gem. Quite blatantly, the appeared reflection of the photographer is much higher than it actually is.

As can be seen in this picture (of the same suit) the suit is slightly raised.

537491013ca47e3e95fbpb9.jpg

It also shows what happens to peoples legs when viewed from the reflection; you lose them! This photo clearly show similarities to the official NASA photo taken on the moon.

I'm wondering if White will remove his analysis now (I'm going to guess on no).

Other good examples:

otherexamplene7.jpg

Edited by Gavin Stone

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gavin , you do realize that you have proven Jack right about the phony Apollo visor reflections , don't you ?

The reflections of the people in the visor look like they should look when up close to the visor .... LARGE .... Not how they usually look in the staged Apollo photos , where it appears that most of the visor reflections were airbrushed out to hide what was really being reflected on the moonset and replaced with small model astronot dolls that showed reflections that were TOO SMALL .

If we are to believe those ridiculous visor reflections in the Apollo photos show what was really on the Moon , then we would have to believe that the Apollo astronots took stage lights , "hairy horn shaped objects" and then all turned into DWARFS while visiting TRAIN-QUILITY base .

Edited by Duane Daman

How are they too large? Those photos are taken from 2 or 3 feet away and the photographer's entire body is reflected in the visor. The lunar photos in question have the photographer standing much farther away, of course they are smaller.

Then you obviously haven't paid much attention to the faked Apollo 17 Cernan visor reflections , where the astronot "photographer" who was allegedly only a few feet away from the subject , showed up looking like a tiny dwarf in the phony visor reflection , with an alleged "shadow" that resembled a "hairy horn" .

Oh yeah, the WHISTLE-BLOWERS who helped fake the Apollo photography sure had a blast with some of those phony photos ... They even included the some of the spotlight reflections as well for our amusement !

Only a few feet? Come on Duane, you can do better than that.

The tourist photos in this thread are taken from much closer than the apollo photos you're referring to. Maybe you're just confused because in the threads here, the photos in the 'feathery horn' pictures (when did you change to it to hairy?) are all cropped to only show the visor?

Only a few feet? Come on Duane, you can do better than that.

The tourist photos in this thread are taken from much closer than the apollo photos you're referring to. Maybe you're just confused because in the threads here, the photos in the 'feathery horn' pictures (when did you change to it to hairy?) are all cropped to only show the visor?

That's right , only a few feet .... Check out Jack's study again and then read up on the distance away that Schmitt first stood and then knelt down in front of Cernan to take those piccys on the A17 moonset .

convexmirrorcomp.jpg

So either Schmitt was really a dwarf , or NASA screwed up another one of their faked photos .

I think it was Dave who renamed that weird anomaly in the Cernan visor the "hairy horn" as a way to make it sound more ridiculous than it already is .

Edited by Duane Daman

Sure, give me the image numbers so I can see the whole thing, and not just Jack's cropped and enlarged images, and I'll gladly tell you why he's wrong.

You know that mirror has a different radius curve than the helmet right?

Yes I know the store mirror is not the same size as the visor , but that's not the point ... The point is that what is reflected in some of the Apollo visors contain not only very weird looking anomalies but also feature astronot "photographers" who are allegedly just a few feet away from the subject , as looking like tiny dwarfs ... The Apollo 17 visor reflections in particular are quite ridiculous looking .

I will get the ID numbers for you so we can see what's up with those two photos and hopefully answer Jack's question.

You know that mirror has a different radius curve than the helmet right?

Yes I know the store mirror is not the same size as the visor , but that's not the point ...

That's exactly the point. The visor has a smaller radius curve, and therefore produces smaller reflections than the mirror.

The point is that what is reflected in some of the Apollo visors contain not only very weird looking anomalies but also feature astronot "photographers" who are allegedly just a few feet away from the subject , as looking like tiny dwarfs ... The Apollo 17 visor reflections in particular are quite ridiculous looking .

When you're looking at a reflection in a sphere, the smaller the sphere, the smaller and more distorted the reflection will be. You could reflect your entire body in a marble if you tried, doesn't mean you a midget. That store mirror is much bigger than the visor, therefore it produces larger, less distorted reflections.

I will get the ID numbers for you so we can see what's up with those two photos and hopefully answer Jack's question.

Thanks.

One is AS17-134-20387, I don't have time to look for the other one at the sec. Will update later.

Also, (thanks to Atomicdog for pointing this out) Schmitt's was half kneeling in the picture. It is obvious, though, that he got the camera as low as possible to get Earth in the shot, and since it was pointing upwards, Gene's visor would reflect downwards and show the top of Schmitt's head.

Edited by Gavin Stone

When you're looking at a reflection in a sphere, the smaller the sphere, the smaller and more distorted the reflection will be. You could reflect your entire body in a marble if you tried, doesn't mean you a midget. That store mirror is much bigger than the visor, therefore it produces larger, less distorted reflections.

Forget about the store mirror and marbles and focus on what we are really discussing here .... The visor reflections and the incorrect size of the astronot "photographers" allegedly being reflected in them .

Gavin posted photos of ASTRONAUT VISORS at the begining of this thread , showing the reflections of people standing several feet away from them ... Their reflections are very large compared to the faked A17 visor reflections which show dwarf size astronot "photographers" ... This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the astronaut's kneeling position either , as that is not the reason he looks too small .

For some reason NASA only offers this particular photo in standard and not high res on their Apollo Image Gallery .... Maybe they're hoping that stage light reflection in the top right corner of the visor won't be quite as noticible in the standard photo ? .. If you can find the high res version elsewhere , that would be great .

AS12-48-7071

AS12-48-7071.jpg

And here we have the other photo showing the dwarf astronot reflection , along with another big anomaly which looks very much like a stagelight also ... Gavin posted the wrong ID number.

AS17-134-20385HR

AS17-134-20385HR.jpg

Edited by Duane Daman

I still don't see the problem. The reflection of the photographer in the visor in the first post is about twice the size of the reflection of the astronaut in the apollo photo above.
This is clearly due to the increased distance between the photographer and the visor. Where's the problem?

As usual there seems to be a failure to communicate with you , which is usually the reason I don't even bother to reply to your one liner posts here .

Here is the point of Jack's question .

The astronaut reflected in the Apollo 12 photo is much further away from the visor he is reflected in than the astronot reflected in the Apollo 17 visor ... Yet the astronaut's reflection , which is FURTHER AWAY in the A12 photo is LARGER ... and the reflection of the astronaut that is CLOSER in the A17 photo , is SMALLER.

It should be the opposite.

Schmitt was allegedy only a few feet away from Cernan when he took that photo , yet his reflection looks MUCH TOO SMALL for someone being reflected that close .

If you compare it to the photos that Gavin posted here at the top of the thread , you will see how large his reflection should have been , but wasn't .

Edited by Duane Daman

I still don't see the problem. The reflection of the photographer in the visor in the first post is about twice the size of the reflection of the astronaut in the apollo photo above.
This is clearly due to the increased distance between the photographer and the visor. Where's the problem?

As usual there seems to be a failure to communicate with you , which is usually the reason I don't even bother to reply to your one liner posts here .

Here is the point of Jack's question .

The astronaut reflected in the Apollo 12 photo is much further away from the visor he is reflected in than the astronot reflected in the Apollo 17 visor ... Yet the astronaut's reflection , which is FURTHER AWAY in the A12 photo is LARGER ... and the reflection of the astronaut that is CLOSER in the A17 photo , is SMALLER.

It should be the opposite.

Schmitt was allegedy only a few feet away from Cernan when he took that photo , yet his reflection looks MUCH TOO SMALL for someone being reflected that close .

If you compare it to the photos that Gavin posted here at the top of the thread , you will see how large his reflection should have been , but wasn't .

Geez...do you guys actully LOOK at the stuff you question before running your mouths? Jack Says..."JUDGING FROM THE CROSSHAIRS".... Problem is Jack screwed the pooch once again by comparing the LARGER CENTER cross hair to the smaller outer crosshairs. You are making the same mistake...sheesh you guys are too funny!