The Education Forum

Who is/was this man?

The pictures I posted are from Ralph Meyers. I thought he might be the man on the picture with Files. He seemed a perfect candidate filling all the requirements mentioned in the starting post of this thread. But I just found it is NOT him.

James Files has stated that the man has died recently, in early 2007. James, do you know of any of the usual suspects that died last year?

Does anyone have any idea what those reddish/brownish spots are on his forehead, just onder his hairline? Is that shadows from his hair or is it actually on the skin? If so, that's a pretty rare facemark for identification. These winespots on the forehead. The pool of candidates is not that big, if you take the requirements from the beginning post.

Wim

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1994 James Files provided this picture of himself and an unidentified man to Bob Vernon after conducting the on camera interview, that was later released as "Confession of an Assassin" by MPI Home video. James Files provided this picture after Vernon asked him if he still had pictures of himself from 1963.

Files went to his storage locker and pulled out the picture. Vernon was pleased and expressed his appreciation. He also asked: Who is the other guy? Files replied that he did not want to go in that. However Vernon asked why not and pressed on a little bit. Files eventually said something like: "Off the record, that's the guy who killed Tippit." I am not sure if Files intended Bob Vernon to publish that information on the Internet, frankly I don't think so, but since he has, the picture has been on the website www.jfkmurdersolved.com long before I came on the scene, and long before I had ever heard of James Files. But naturally the identity of this mystery man has intrigued me for years, ever since I first saw it. Also, since the picture shows James Files and a real man, I wondered why the man, or any of his relatives or friends, have never come forward to deny the allegation. Surely there must have been people who have recognized him, if not the man himself. And if he would not be the man who killed officer Tippit, you would expect people to come forward to deny the allegation, especially if it could be easily proven that James Files wasn't telling the truth. I have always thought that this circumstance alone adds weight to the veracity of James Files.

I have cracked my brains for years on who it could be. I have compiled lists of candidates, mob guys, undercover agents, cuban exiles, etcetera, most of which I could cancel out quickly because there are known pictures of most candidates and they did not resemble the man in the picture. I have asked around, and was sent on some wild goose chases, false leads and dead end roads.

Based on the information from James Files, http://jfkmurdersolved.com/tip.htm , we are looking for a tall caucasian man that

- was born and raised in America, and is maybe still alive.

- was from Chicago, as he was an acquaintance of James Files.

- was 25 to 35 years of age in 1963 (now 70 to 80 years of age).

- has no widely known connection to the Kennedy assassination.

- was in Dallas 11/22/1963

- was probably not called for the Warren Commision or the House Select Committee on Assassinations.

- was an undercover intelligence agent.

- worked for David Atlee Phillips.

- knew Lee Harvey Oswald, otherwise he could not have been sent to kill him.

- may have had a similar training as Lee Harvey Oswald

FilesX.JPG

FWIW,

Seems to be missing a front tooth and to have really bad teeth. See enlarged photo in Duncan's post #10, too.

--Thomas

I believe in Harvey and Lee, that there were at least 2 men sharing the identity of Lee Harvey Oswald. Could this photo of the man on the right be one of Lee Oswald? I'll state right away that he does not look like Donald O. Norton -- his nose is too slim. OK. Could he be the killer of J.D. Tippit? Witnesses describe LHO as the killer -- and I believe Lee killed Tippit. Are we looking at the birth Oswald? He seems to have a discolored tooth, like Lee had.

I believe Harvey was Russian, trained in English for 3 years. Robert Oswald said about his "brother" (paraphrase), "I was surprised at how much hair [Harvey] lost!" I guess that statement was to convince family, friends and acquaintances that Harvey had changed physically while in Russia.

Then, again, is this actually J.D. Tippit himself?

Kathy

Kathy

Here's another comparison with Tippit. I just added the sunglasses.

tippit_x.gif

Duncan

It looks a lot like Tippit, especially the "widow's peak" hairline. So did Lee Oswald kill this man? Or is "Lee" Oswald really J.D.Tippit? It would solve the disappearance of "Lee" Oswald -- dead. And there was only one LHO: he went to Russia and "Harvey" came back and was killed by Ruby. But Mailer mentions there were 2 Oswalds at the Texas Theater -- I have to look at Harvey and Lee again about the theater. Tippit was dead by then. Neither looks like Donald O. Norton. My goal is to find out what happened to "Lee" Oswald.

Another problem: Could Tippit be BadgeMan? This is another theory, but I don't buy it.

Harvey Oswald was arrested in New Orleans for giving out fliers re FPCC. This is supposed to be his mugshot (unless it's Lee's). That's an awfully good picture of him; Harvey didn't have much eye appeal. If you put sunglasses on him, would he look like the Tippit gif?

post-5645-1200159735_thumb.jpg

Kathy

tippit_x.gif

Duncan

It looks a lot like Tippit, especially the "widow's peak" hairline. So did Lee Oswald kill this man? Or is "Lee" Oswald really J.D.Tippit? It would solve the disappearance of "Lee" Oswald -- dead. And there was only one LHO: he went to Russia and "Harvey" came back and was killed by Ruby. But Mailer mentions there were 2 Oswalds at the Texas Theater -- I have to look at Harvey and Lee again about the theater. Tippit was dead by then. Neither looks like Donald O. Norton. My goal is to find out what happened to "Lee" Oswald.

Another problem: Could Tippit be BadgeMan? This is another theory, but I don't buy it.

Harvey Oswald was arrested in New Orleans for giving out fliers re FPCC. This is supposed to be his mugshot (unless it's Lee's). That's an awfully good picture of him; Harvey didn't have much eye appeal. If you put sunglasses on him, would he look like the Tippit gif?

That's Harvey's mugshot, IMHO.

The ears appear to be placed lower on the head in your picture of Harvey, than those on the super-imposed pictures of Duncan's Tippit.

Also, take into consideration Duncan's super-imposed sunglasses on his B/W photo of Tippit, and remember that the "arms" of the ear "part" of the glasses frames, when in place on some people, have a tendency to cause their ears to appear to "bow" out, making the case for Duncan's Tippit all the more feasible in its comparison.

In other words, had Duncan been able to superimpose the arms of the glasses frame over the ears of his B/W Tippit, the ears would be even more in line with the color picture of Tippit and Files, accounting for the slightly bowed-out appearance. At least, that's how I'm interpreting it. Then again, I could be wrong, too. Such is the enigma of this case.

I hope I haven't confused anyone? It's early in the morning here, and I'm rushing to get off to work.

Good show, BTW!

Edited by Terry Mauro

The pictures I posted are from Ralph Meyers. I thought he might be the man on the picture with Files. He seemed a perfect candidate filling all the requirements mentioned in the starting post of this thread. But I just found it is NOT him.

James Files has stated that the man has died recently, in early 2007. James, do you know of any of the usual suspects that died last year?

Does anyone have any idea what those reddish/brownish spots are on his forehead, just onder his hairline? Is that shadows from his hair or is it actually on the skin? If so, that's a pretty rare facemark for identification. These winespots on the forehead. The pool of candidates is not that big, if you take the requirements from the beginning post.

Wim

Wim, I'm with Duke on this one. I don't get it.

What's the explanation again?

You post a picture of who you say is James Files with a guitar and a guy he claims had something to do with the Tippit killing, - is that it?

Now you say "The pictures I posted are from Ralph Meyers...."

They aren't from Ralph Meyers are they?

BK

If you [anyone can assume the 'you'] want to get to the bottom of the 'Files' matter [which I don't believe in, but lets put it to the 'test'] one only needs to take two American citizens and a lawyer to approach and enter the correctional facility he is in and make a 'citizen's arrest' of him for the assassination of JFK [or accessory to] or a related matter or person. That would force a trial where one could try to get the truth out. Otherwise, the matter is just one to get James a better cell than he would have had without the tempting proposal. Do it, or end it.

What about "Hawk", RAVEN, Gator, and Eagle..... care to explain.... Its about time to come out with what you know instead of being so secret...or put it to rest?

I believe in Harvey and Lee, that there were at least 2 men sharing the identity of Lee Harvey Oswald. Could this photo of the man on the right be one of Lee Oswald? I'll state right away that he does not look like Donald O. Norton -- his nose is too slim. OK. Could he be the killer of J.D. Tippit? Witnesses describe LHO as the killer -- and I believe Lee killed Tippit.

(Kathleen Collins)

Kathy:

No credible witness "describe(d) LHO as the killer" of Tippit.

Dawn

In 1994 James Files provided this picture of himself and an unidentified man to Bob Vernon after conducting the on camera interview, that was later released as "Confession of an Assassin" by MPI Home video. James Files provided this picture after Vernon asked him if he still had pictures of himself from 1963.

Files went to his storage locker and pulled out the picture. Vernon was pleased and expressed his appreciation. He also asked: Who is the other guy? Files replied that he did not want to go in that. However Vernon asked why not and pressed on a little bit. Files eventually said something like: "Off the record, that's the guy who killed Tippit." I am not sure if Files intended Bob Vernon to publish that information on the Internet, frankly I don't think so, but since he has, the picture has been on the website www.jfkmurdersolved.com long before I came on the scene, and long before I had ever heard of James Files. But naturally the identity of this mystery man has intrigued me for years, ever since I first saw it. Also, since the picture shows James Files and a real man, I wondered why the man, or any of his relatives or friends, have never come forward to deny the allegation. Surely there must have been people who have recognized him, if not the man himself. And if he would not be the man who killed officer Tippit, you would expect people to come forward to deny the allegation, especially if it could be easily proven that James Files wasn't telling the truth. I have always thought that this circumstance alone adds weight to the veracity of James Files.

I have cracked my brains for years on who it could be. I have compiled lists of candidates, mob guys, undercover agents, cuban exiles, etcetera, most of which I could cancel out quickly because there are known pictures of most candidates and they did not resemble the man in the picture. I have asked around, and was sent on some wild goose chases, false leads and dead end roads.

Based on the information from James Files, http://jfkmurdersolved.com/tip.htm , we are looking for a tall caucasian man that

- was probably not called for the Warren Commision or the House Select Committee on Assassinations.

FilesX.JPG

FWIW,

Seems to be missing a front tooth and to have really bad teeth. See enlarged photo in Duncan's post #10, too.

--Thomas

I believe in Harvey and Lee, that there were at least 2 men sharing the identity of Lee Harvey Oswald. Could this photo of the man on the right be one of Lee Oswald? I'll state right away that he does not look like Donald O. Norton -- his nose is too slim. OK. Could he be the killer of J.D. Tippit? Witnesses describe LHO as the killer -- and I believe Lee killed Tippit. Are we looking at the birth Oswald? He seems to have a discolored tooth, like Lee had.

I believe Harvey was Russian, trained in English for 3 years. Robert Oswald said about his "brother" (paraphrase), "I was surprised at how much hair [Harvey] lost!" I guess that statement was to convince family, friends and acquaintances that Harvey had changed physically while in Russia.

Kathy

The guy on the right looks a good older version of http://home.wi.rr.com/harveyandlee/Tooth/Tooth.htm

FilesX.JPG

FWIW,

--Thomas

Kathy

The guy on the right looks a good older version of http://home.wi.rr.com/harveyandlee/Tooth/Tooth.htm

For what its worth: LHO did not shoot ANYONE. He was "Set-Up", just like he said. Will not be long now before this will become a known FACT.

Kathy

tippit_x.gif

Duncan

That's Harvey's mugshot, IMHO.

The ears appear to be placed lower on the head in your picture of Harvey, than those on the super-imposed pictures of Duncan's Tippit.

Also, take into consideration Duncan's super-imposed sunglasses on his B/W photo of Tippit, and remember that the "arms" of the ear "part" of the glasses frames, when in place on some people, have a tendency to cause their ears to appear to "bow" out, making the case for Duncan's Tippit all the more feasible in its comparison.

In other words, had Duncan been able to superimpose the arms of the glasses frame over the ears of his B/W Tippit, the ears would be even more in line with the color picture of Tippit and Files, accounting for the slightly bowed-out appearance. At least, that's how I'm interpreting it. Then again, I could be wrong, too. Such is the enigma of this case.

I hope I haven't confused anyone? It's early in the morning here, and I'm rushing to get off to work.

Good show, BTW!

I have a feeling that I know who he is. Compare the mystery man's photo to Donald O. Norton's. Look at the man's smile. The upturned lip on his left side matches the Yearbook picture of Norton's! He also has a bucked tooth that a photo of Donald O. Norton has. But look at that lip!

Instead of Donald Norton dyeing his hair red, what about if he dyed it dark in 1963? That could be very natural looking. His nose doesn't match Avon Pk's Donald O. Could Armstrong have stumbled onto something? If Lee killed Tippit, could this be Lee Oswald? I, for one, don't feel we have many pictures of Lee Oswald. This man doesn't look like Lee Oswald, but his mouth, with the missing tooth (here discolored) and a bucked tooth and that upturned lip. Maybe that's why Armstrong followed Norton around, believing he was Lee Oswald. Compare.

Kathy Collins

PS: Please compare Norton with the jpeg in an earlier post, not the gif.

Edited by Kathleen Collins