The Education Forum

Constellation / Orion / Altair

Duane Daman

I don't have the time to try to reply to all of your insults and questions today, so I thought I would post an e-mail that I just wrote to one of my CT buddies to keep you all entertained until my return .

"The Apollo defenders on the EF are having a field day with the PROTON subject ... The recent nonsense they posted is pretty funny stuff ... Especially the part about Dave's imaginary girlfriend and tonight's plans for a "lap dance" !! ...Who does he think he's kidding ? .. He would have to step away from his computer to have all that !! :lol:

Burton has asked questions I have no way of answering even if I had the interest in researching them , which I don't ... So the recent ganging up against me is quite entertaining ... They remind me of the bullies in the schoolyard with their mob mentality antics of pretending to debunk all hoax evidence .

I thought you might find this article interesting ... You will need to read between the lines to see that so far NASA has no way of knowing how to develope a heat shield which will keep astronots alive "on the lunar side" !!

" Where does NASA stand on risk of the heat-shield materials for Orion? "We can handle the initial operating system of (re-entry from) low-Earth orbit," Reuther said. "On the lunar side it's a much greater challenge. We need a single heat-shield material for the lunar environment and re-entry...We're at greater risk there building a single system for both FROM SCRATCH ."

Oh and it's even better before that part at the end .... Check out how they plan to SOFT LAND THE CRAFT ON SOLID GROUND !

"The craft will be comprised of four parts: a launch vehicle, or spacecraft adaptor that will carry the capsule into LOW EARTH ORBIT ; a service module that contains an engine and pedals for aerodynamics; a crew module (in which the crew rides); and a LAUNCH ABORT SYSTEM . This system is used to eject the crew in case of emergency on the launch pad. It will also include A SET OF AIRBAGS SO THE CRAFT CAN LAND ON SOLID GROUND ."

Why don't they just use the four legs from the old LM's to land on solid ground ? ... After all , they WORKED PERFECTLY ALMOST 40 YEARS AGO WHEN SIX MISSIONS USED THEM TO PRETEND TO LAND MEN ON THE "LUNAR SIDE" !! :huh:

Like I have always said ... The future manned missions to the Moon (if there ever really are any by 2020 ), will blow the Apollo scam right out of the water !"

Here's the rest of the article, so you can now pick out the fiction part of it , that will support your beliefs about the "reality" of Apollo . :huh:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6200278.html

Edited by Duane Daman

I thought you might find this article interesting ... You will need to read between the lines to see that so far NASA has no way of knowing how to develope a heat shield which will keep astronots alive "on the lunar side" !!

" Where does NASA stand on risk of the heat-shield materials for Orion? "We can handle the initial operating system of (re-entry from) low-Earth orbit," Reuther said. "On the lunar side it's a much greater challenge. We need a single heat-shield material for the lunar environment and re-entry...We're at greater risk there building a single system for both FROM SCRATCH ."

And if you had even basic understanding of what you were reading, you'd know that Orion is intended for both LEO and lunar missions, which is why they are developing a new heat shield that would be appropriate for both. They can't just use the 40 year old Apollo heat shields on a new larger craft with different requirements than Apollo. The article clearly states that.

Oh and it's even better before that part at the end .... Check out how they plan to SOFT LAND THE CRAFT ON SOLID GROUND !

"The craft will be comprised of four parts: a launch vehicle, or spacecraft adaptor that will carry the capsule into LOW EARTH ORBIT ; a service module that contains an engine and pedals for aerodynamics; a crew module (in which the crew rides); and a LAUNCH ABORT SYSTEM . This system is used to eject the crew in case of emergency on the launch pad. It will also include A SET OF AIRBAGS SO THE CRAFT CAN LAND ON SOLID GROUND ."

Why don't they just use the four legs from the old LM's to land on solid ground ? ... After all , they WORKED PERFECTLY ALMOST 40 YEARS AGO WHEN SIX MISSIONS USED THEM TO PRETEND TO LAND MEN ON THE "LUNAR SIDE" !! :huh:

Seriously, do some reading on the new program so you can avoid amazingly inaccurate statements like that. Orion is not the new LM, it's the equivilent of the command module of Apollo. The only landing Orion will be doing is on Earth, just like the CM from Apollo. They are giving it airbags so it can end its parachute descent on solid ground instead of the ocean landing that Apollo used. There are no legs involved in the Apollo CM or Orion.

Like I have always said ... The future manned missions to the Moon (if there ever really are any by 2020 ), will blow the Apollo scam right out of the water !"

So far, you've shown an amazing ignorance of both programs, so your assessment is worthless.