The Education Forum

Cameras in spacecraft

Evan Burton

I thought the escape chute video was interesting evidence, that for some strange reason not many people seem to know about ... I wonder if this evidence has anything to do with the fact that NO CAMERAS WERE EVER MOUNTED INSIDE THE APOLLO CRAFTS TO ALLOW ANYONE TO SEE THE ASTRONAUTS DURING LIFTOFF ??

Think about how strange that is .... Cameras were inside the cabins in all of the Mercury and Gemini missions , yet when NASA decided to make that GIANT LEAP FOR ALL MANKIND , NO CAMERAS were to be found anywhere to show the TV audience and mission control what the astronauts looked like being launched in the most powerful rocket to date , the SATURN V ! ....MANKINDS FIRST TRIP TO AN ALIEN WORLD IN THE MOST POWERFUL ROCKET EVER DESIGNED AND NASA HAS NO RECORD OF THE ASTRONUTS INSIDE THE CABIN DURING LAUNCH ! .. And of course the "official explanation " for this little oversight would be that there was no room inside the cabin for that little camera .... NASA's alleged Moon trips get fishier all the time .

Duane,

Go through your statement above and check your facts, okay? Make sure you are absolutely sure of everything you have written there - everything. Make sure you are not just repeating something you heard, but have looked things up yourself and are confident that EVERYTHING you have said there is 100% correct.

Let us know when you have done that, okay? When you have checked your work and are prepared to stand by it 100%.

Edited by Evan Burton
Corrected spelling (you to your)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the escape chute video was interesting evidence, that for some strange reason not many people seem to know about ... I wonder if this evidence has anything to do with the fact that NO CAMERAS WERE EVER MOUNTED INSIDE THE APOLLO CRAFTS TO ALLOW ANYONE TO SEE THE ASTRONAUTS DURING LIFTOFF ??

Think about how strange that is .... Cameras were inside the cabins in all of the Mercury and Gemini missions , yet when NASA decided to make that GIANT LEAP FOR ALL MANKIND , NO CAMERAS were to be found anywhere to show the TV audience and mission control what the astronauts looked like being launched in the most powerful rocket to date , the SATURN V ! ....MANKINDS FIRST TRIP TO AN ALIEN WORLD IN THE MOST POWERFUL ROCKET EVER DESIGNED AND NASA HAS NO RECORD OF THE ASTRONUTS INSIDE THE CABIN DURING LAUNCH ! .. And of course the "official explanation " for this little oversight would be that there was no room inside the cabin for that little camera .... NASA's alleged Moon trips get fishier all the time .

Duane,

Go through your statement above and check your facts, okay? Make sure you are absolutely sure of everything you have written there - everything. Make sure you are not just repeating something you heard, but have looked things up yourself and are confident that EVERYTHING you have said there is 100% correct.

Let us know when you have done that, okay? When you have checked your work and are prepared to stand by it 100%.

Just a reminder about this. Let me know when you are happy to stand behind all your above claims.

Just a reminder about this. Let me know when you are happy to stand behind all your above claims.

I haven't had the time to research this yet, but so far I haven't seen any footage of the Apollo astronauts inside the cabins during liftoff .

I have seen most of the SpaceCraft films series of the different missions, and never saw any footage of this in any of them either .

But if I find any I will be sure to let you know .... That is unless you would like to stop playing games and post any existing footage here yourself , so you can prove my statement wrong.

Okay, I'll just correct you then.

The cameras inside the spacecraft were used to record the astronauts, and the instrument panels. They were the Milliken DBM-8 for the astronauts, and the DBM-7 for the instruments. They were used during the Mercury series, and on Gemini IV and V (Refer NASA SP-5099 "Photography Equipment & Techniques - A survey of NASA developments" Table 1, Page 15).

There was also live TV footage from the Apollo-Soyuz Test Programme launch (that was Apollo):

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/forums/th...=15&start=1

You can get the whole thing here, but it is a 650 Mb download!

There was also live TV footage from the Apollo-Soyuz Test Programme launch (that was Apollo):

You have got to be kidding ! ... I wasn't talking about some NASA PR mission to LOW EARTH ORBIT launched in 1975 ! ... Of course I knew about that footage .

I was speaking of The Apollo Program that allegedy launched nine manned missions to an alien world, allegedly landing six of them, almost 240,000 miles out into the deadly cosmic radiation of deep space .... NOT some joy ride to low earth orbit for publicity purposes .

As one of NASA's top watchdogs, you must be getting desperate to post this kind of nonsense here as a new topic , just to try to make me look uninformed .

Sorry , but you lost this round because your "rebuttal" has just PROVEN WHAT MY ORIGINAL CLAIM WAS .

NO CAMERAS WERE EVER MOUNTED INSIDE THE APOLLO CRAFTS TO ALLOW ANYONE TO SEE THE ASTRONAUTS DURING LIFTOFF ??

Edited by Duane Daman

Sorry , but you lost this round because your "rebuttal" has just PROVEN WHAT MY ORIGINAL CLAIM WAS .

NO CAMERAS WERE EVER MOUNTED INSIDE THE APOLLO CRAFTS TO ALLOW ANYONE TO SEE THE ASTRONAUTS DURING LIFTOFF ??

You just don't seem to be getting it, Duane. I tried to give you clues, to ask you to check your work 100%... but you decided not to.

You've even proved yourself wrong with your statement above.

Let me point it out in detail so that you can understand where you have gone wrong.

1. You said there were cameras in all the Mercury missions. Correct - though not all the film was recovered. Obviously Grissiom's flight film was lost when the capsule sank, and Cooper's was damaged by exposure to seawater.

2. You said there were cameras in all the Gemini missions. Incorrect - only Gemini II (unmanned), Gemini IV, and Gemini V had cameras mounted to film the astronauts. The other missions did not have film of the astronauts from liftoff; there was only film taken by the astronauts themselves once in orbit.

3. You said no cameras inside Apollo CMs during liftoff. Incorrect - There was a LIVE broadcast for the ASTP mission. ASTP stands for APOLLO Soyuz Test Program. It utilised an APOLLO Command Module.

You have to check your claims for accuracy, Duane, because you have a very poor track record in this respect so far. What you MEANT does not come into it; what matters is what you SAID - repeatedly. If that is NOT important, then by the same standards your Apollo 17 claim ("OUT HERE IN THE SUN") is not important.

3. You said no cameras inside Apollo CMs during liftoff. Incorrect - There was a LIVE broadcast for the ASTP mission. ASTP stands for APOLLO Soyuz Test Program. It utilised an APOLLO Command Module.

Using semantics will not help you this time ... I clearly meant the Apollo "moon landing missions" of The Apollo Program and you know it .... Thus my statement about "mankind's first trip to an alien world " not having any cameras showing the astronauts during lift off ... There were no cameras in the CM cabin during launch, but they did have an emergency escape chute just in case the Saturn V exploded on the launch pad !?!? .. How odd , especially since they would have been toast no matter what, if the rocket blew up during lift off ... The Apollo launches were photographed and filmed from many different angles silmutaneously outside of the Saturn V, so why not inside as well ? ... Unless maybe there was some reason the public wasn't suppossed to see the astronauts during launch .

So unless the the Apollo-Soyuz mission pretended to land men on the Moon also, IT DOESN'T COUNT..

As for ALL of the Gemini missions having cameras in the cabin during launch , I stand corrected .

This is changing the subject a bit, but I have a question maybe our resident Apollo expert can answer .... Why does NASA and all of the Apollo astronauts refer to the Moon as the moon ? ... Everything I have read by NASA , including excerpts from the various books written by our alleged Moon bound astronauts , always spell the word Moon incorrectly with a lower case m ... Is this possibly their way of telling us that it wasn't the real Moon they went to, but perhaps NASA's version of the moon ... as in ; moonset ?

"Out here in the Sun " means HERE , NOT THERE ... If you don't think it's important that's fine ... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion ... I happen to think it was a slip of the tongue said during The Apollo Simulation Project , which was conducted right "here in the Sun "and also right here under a spotlight for the indoor shoots .

Edited by Duane Daman

This is changing the subject a bit, but I have a question maybe our resident Apollo expert can answer .... Why does NASA and all of the Apollo astronauts refer to the Moon as the moon ? ... Everything I have read by NASA , including excerpts from the various books written by our alleged Moon bound astronauts , always spell the word Moon incorrectly with a lower case m ... Is this possibly their way of telling us that it wasn't the real Moon they went to, but perhaps NASA's version of the moon ... as in ; moonset ?

Sorry Dave, but I have another nomination for the "Least Convincing Argument" category....

Duane, it's how people write it. I normally write Moon but often write moon. Look over the internet and you'll see the variations used everywhere; in fact, I'd guess that most people do NOT capitalise it.

President John F. Kennedy initiated the Apollo program amidst a tense Cold War political environment. In a speech to Congress on 25 May 1961, Kennedy outlined his Apollo program, a plan to send an American to the Moon by the end of the decade. This program, he hoped, would remind the world of America’s enormous technical capability.

The Apollo program succeeded. On 20 July 1969, the world witnessed what was arguably the most astonishing technological achievement in history when Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the Moon. While Apollo 11 was an astounding technological achievement, it was also the triumph of an enormous project infrastructure, requiring the cooperation of many thousands of dedicated individuals.

http://history.nasa.gov/ap11-35ann/index.htm

The first photographs from the Moon came in 1964 when Ranger 7 radioed photographs back as it plunged into the lunar surface, crashing and being destroyed in the process.
Two human missions, Apollos 8 and 10, orbited the Moon before the Apollo 11 landing.

http://history.nasa.gov/apollo_photo.html

I think you guys are doing Duane's latest Apollo-buster an injustice. Being an objective skeptic, I decided to follow the evidence trail, and look where it led me.

If Duane is right, and they didn't go to the Moon, perhaps they went to a moon. A good contender would be Saturn's largest moon, Titan - why else would they use Saturn V rockets?

In the past, the moon Titan has been referred to as Saturn IV and Saturn VI, but never Saturn V - coincidence?

The gravity on Titan is almost identical to that on the Moon, making it easier to fake footage.

Titan has an atmosphere, which would explain the mysterious waving flags.

The moon hoax was a scam of Titan-ic proportions!

Look at this image, supposed to be taken on Titan by the Huygens probe. What proof do we have that it was taken on Titan? None! It could have been taken on Mars for all I know. Or even Redcar beach.

huygens_titan_04.jpg

Examining this image reveals subtle clues as well.

titan.jpg

I think you have hit on something here Dave, I've been researching this and found a number of surprisingly similar features to that of the moon. A simple coincidence, or a whistle blower blowing the whistle on the AstroNOTS?

Titan is tidally locked in a synchronous orbit around Saturn, just like our moon - coincidence?

Titan's rocky centre is roughly 3,400 km thick. The moons diameter is 3,474 km - coincidence?

Titan's atmosphere is mostly Nitrogen. The lunar module descent and ascent stages were fueled with Dinitrogen tetroxide - coincidence?

If you add the word "Neil" to "Titan" and rearrange the letters, you can form "Alien tint". - coincidence?

Titan is never visible to the unaided eye, just like the Apollo "moon sets". - coincidence?

The first probe to visit was Pioneer 11. Apollo 11 with Pioneer Neil Armstrong. - coincidence?

30 Questions that need to be answered about 'Titan'

1) Why are there no stars in the sky for the Huygens probe picture? Titan is much further away from the Sun than Earth, so stars should have been dazzling in the sky.

2) The nitrogen atmosphere and the surface temperature of -179.45°C (Nearly that of Liquid Nitrogen). I dropped a camera of mine in liquid nitrogen. I did not work afterwards, so how did the probe take pictures of the titan surface?

3) The probe used a parachute to fall to the surface, yet if this is true the parachute would have landed ON TOP of the probe and it wouldn't have been able to take pictures!

4) Landing on a sandy surface displaces sand. There was no evidence of the Titan surface being disturbed on the pictures?

5) How did they know when to open the parachutes on the Probe with an unknown surface and unknown environment?

6) The pictures were lousy. Surely given the exploration of a place we've never seen before they would have put a DECENT camera on the probe!

7) In most Huygens photos, there is a clear line of definition between the rough foreground and the smooth background.

8) There are obviously non parallel shadows in the picture, this can't be the case unless there are multiple LIGHT SOURCES

9) Why did one of the stage prop rocks have a capital "C" on it and a 'C' on the ground in front of it as shown by Dave "Freedom and Truth Fighter" Greer?

10) How did the probes S band antenna survive the tremendous heat of atmospheric re-entry?

11) The probe was seperated from Cassini for THREE WEEKS in the blazing sunlight. Temperatures should have reached 5000 degrees in the probe and the electronics should have been char boiled

12) Why would they risk landing the Huygens Probe on Titan when it'd never been tested before in a space environment!

13) Titan is small, thus lower gravity. The probe would have bounced off the surface, and broken on re impact

13) Apparently over 200 pictures were taken on Titan, yet there is only seemingly one on the internet!

14) The probe would have required a 20 foot width so as to not bounce when it hit the Titan Surface

15) An astrophysicist who has worked for NASA writes that it takes two meters of shielding to protect against medium solar flares and that heavy ones give out tens of thousands of rem in a few hours. Why weren't the electronics fried with this DEADLY SPACE RADIATION

16) The probe had a hole in it (I will show the picture later) and thus the atmosphere should have leaked in and destroyed the probe before it could transmit data?

17) How did the probe transmit data all the way back to Earth with a measley S Band antenna?

18) How did they fit the camera in the small probe, and make it shatter proof for impact?

19) You expect us to believe THIS landed on titan?

800px-Huygens_probe_dsc03686.jpg

It looks like two big dustbin lids clued together with a takeaway curry tray on top!!!!

20) The water sourceair conditioner for the probe should have produced frequent explosive vapor discharges. They never did.

21) They sent a probe all that way, and didn't bother to plant a flag? PLEASE!

22) With a massive time delay between transmission and receiving of data, the Earth would have moved further along in its orbit around the Sun by time the data travelled there - they'd have missed the picture!

23) Why did Cassinis administrator resign days before Launch?

24) How did the probe fly through the deadly radiation of the Van Allen belts? It would have required 6 foot lead shielding to not be effected

25) We cannot even get home PC's to run properly, so how did they make the Huygens Probe software run without crashing? Why was it not infected with spyware and viruses?

26) There is a lot of talk about the ACP experiment on the Huygens Probe. Could this stand for Apollo Creation Program?

27) Why is Huygens not visible through a telescope?

28) In the year 2008 NASA does not have the technology to land on Titan.

29) Why are all the blueprints for Huygens destroyed by NASA?

30) Why are there squares in the only picture that we have of the Titan Surface. Photoshopped? Added in by a whistle blower? Who knows!

Edited by Gavin Stone

Good points Gav.

How anyone believes this contraption flew all the way to Saturn and landed on Titan is beyond me. It looks a like a cheap prop used in "Lost in Space".

800px-Huygens_probe_dsc03686.jpg

Well at least Evan got this one right .

292367_300.jpg

The absurdity posted above by Evan , Gavin and Dave would have to be some of the silliest OFF TOPIC MOCKERY TAP DANCING ever posted here yet .

What's the matter boys ? ... You having trouble explaining away why there were NO CAMERAS INSIDE THE CABIN DURING THE APOLLO MOON BOUND MISSIONS DURING LAUNCH BUT THERE WAS AN "EMERGENY ESCAPE CHUTE " ready and waiting to get the astronots off JUST IN CASE THE ROCKET BLEW UP DURING LIFTOFF ? ;)