The Education Forum

Row of lights in A12 photo enhanced for Duane

Jack White

Actually, I don't think it was lens flare; it was taken from within the LM and I think (unsure) that would rule out lens flare.

My guess (and it is only a guess as yet) is that it may be a reflection on the LM window from some of the panel lights, specifically the LM Electrical Power panel (panel 14?). Probably the Descent Power Battery Status lights.

I'll have to look at the angles involved and see if the reflection would match.

If that's not what you meant, I have no idea what the point of this thread is.

The point of this thread is to try to figure out what the lights are ... Whether they be orbs, or stagelights, or UFO's , or reflections of the LM cabin lights , or lens flare , they have to be something .... and I would like to try to find out if that's okay with you .

If that's not what you meant, I have no idea what the point of this thread is.

The point of this thread is to try to figure out what the lights are ... Whether they be orbs, or stagelights, or UFO's , or reflections of the LM cabin lights , or lens flare , they have to be something .... and I would like to try to find out if that's okay with you .

My initial assumption was the same as Evan's, some kind of reflection of the interior lights on a LM control panel. I don't know enough about the internal configuration of the LM to be sure of that.

Looking at the ultra-high resolution (with no post-processing) versions of this image, and the two images taken either side, leads me to think it might be some kind of defect in the scanning or developing process.

Check out the links - if they don't work you'll need to resubmit a request here.

ftp://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ISD_highres_AS12_AS12-47-7018.JPG

ftp://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ISD_highres_AS12_AS12-47-7019.JPG

ftp://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ISD_highres_AS12_AS12-47-7020.JPG

Perhaps someone with some experience in developing film can shed some light?

Looking at the ultra-high resolution (with no post-processing) versions of this image, and the two images taken either side, leads me to think it might be some kind of defect in the scanning or developing process.

Are you saying that a scanning defect would have caused not only the amber orbs ( lights) but also all of those blues lights and streaks that covered that photo as well ?

The links you provided don't work.

Are you saying that a scanning defect would have caused not only the amber orbs ( lights) but also all of those blues lights and streaks that covered that photo as well ?

The links you provided don't work.

I don't know what caused it. If you look at the scan of the entire film roll, which includes parts of the film not exposed to the scene, they also exhibit moisy artefacts.

Read my post again - I provided a link to re-request the ultra-high resolution images if the links didn't work (they are only available for 24 hours).

Read my post again - I provided a link to re-request the ultra-high resolution images if the links didn't work (they are only available for 24 hours).

I don't need to read your post again ... I saw the link you provided under "submit a request here" .... I already saw the other photos from that roll on the ALSJ and agree that several of them show the blue light streaks which could very well be a problem with the film or developing of the film .

It was the amber light orbs which interested me, not the other "moisy artefacts" ... :rolleyes:

I don't need to read your post again ... I saw the link you provided under "submit a request here" .... I already saw the other photos from that roll on the ALSJ and agree that several of them show the blue light streaks which could very well be a problem with the film or developing of the film .

It was the amber light orbs which interested me, not the other "moisy artefacts" ... :rolleyes:

Fairy nuff.

I don't really know enough about developing to cooment a great deal on the orbs - all I can say is that they appear over the surface surface as well as against the background of the sky. Possible it could be a reflection off the window, possible it could have happened in development. Possible it was UFOs hovering over the surface, trying to zap the LM. :lol:

Possible it was UFOs hovering over the surface, trying to zap the LM.

So that's why NASA faked all of those Apollo photos ?!?! .

And I thought all this time that it might be because they really landed men there using reverse engineered alien anti-grav stealth technology that they wanted to keep it hidden from those "evil Russians ". :rolleyes: