The Education Forum

Kent and Medway Teacher Training Taster Days

Are you a graduate or nearly a graduate in a shortage subject *?

Are you thinking about a career in secondary teaching?

Do you want to know more before committing yourself?

We are offering: -

TASTER DAYS FOR TEACHING

27th - 29th February 2008

We offer a Taster Course to enable you to sample life in a Kent and Medway Training Consortium School.

Day 1

You will spend a whole day finding out what makes a good teacher, learning about the requirements for Qualified Teacher Status, hearing from experienced and newly qualified teachers about their experiences in the classroom.

You will be given guidance about what to look for when you observe lessons. You will receive information about routes into teaching and funding arrangements.

Day 2

You will spend a day in one of KMT's consortium schools observing experienced teachers to gain an understanding of the teacher's role; how to plan lessons; classroom management; how to cover the wider curriculum and extra curricular activities.

Day 3

You will spend the morning in a different school to sample different teaching styles and observe the different ways pupils learn.

You will return to Kent & Medway Training to evaluate your experiences and learn how to apply for an ITT course. You will also have an opportunity for individual career advice.

Interested? To take part in our Taster Days, you must be a graduate and interested in teaching a secondary shortage subject*

Contact the TDA on 0845 6000 991 for TIL reference** number, then simply complete the details below and send to:

Kent & Medway Training c/o The Leigh Technology Academy, Green Street Green Road, Dartford, Kent DA1 1QE

We have limited places, so we will require a £20 returnable deposit, payable to 'Kent & Medway Training', to secure a place.

* secondary shortage subjects: Maths, Science, English, ICT, Modern Foreign Language, RE, Music, Design & Technology I would like to reserve a place on the 'Taster Days for Teaching' course on 27th - 29th February 2008 with Kent & Medway Training

My TIL no is ** …………………………………..

I enclose a cheque for £20, payable to Kent & Medway Training, to secure a place. I understand that this will be refunded on the final day of the course, following my full attendance.

Name …………………………………………………………………… Degree held ………………………………………………………………….

Address: …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

………………………………………………………………………………….. Post code …………………………………………………………………..

Tele ………………………………………………………….. email …………………………………………………………………………………………..

I would like to train to teach (subject)* ………………………………………………………………..

*The degree should be at least 50% in the subject you wish to teach

I have GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above Yes/No

Supporting statement

Please tell us in no more than 250 words, why you would like to train to be a teacher, and what you hope to gain from attendance on this course.

Signed ………………………………………………………………………. Date …………………………………………………………………