The Education Forum

Barack Obama or John McCain

John Simkin

That's right; I intended to move a couple of threads to Political Discussion, because there was no conspiracy involved per se. John said they should remain because they were interesting discussions, and that a lot of members don't go over to Political Discussion but will often visit Political Conspiracies and JFK.

Evan,

Since the subject seems to be a bone of contention, maybe John would reconsider. I'd hate for someone to have to get sodomized over the issue. :blink:

:lol: :lol:

Seems you've missed out on an important part of the British public school education system, Daniel.

If members wish for this to be moved to Political Debates then it is alright by me. My point was that it was likely to get more views in this section.

Of course, all members are free to promote their favoured candidate on this forum. Hopefully, it will stimulate debate. After all, members are not slow to point out the failings of individual politicians.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David Guyatt

Of course, all members are free to promote their favoured candidate on this forum. Hopefully, it will stimulate debate. After all, members are not slow to point out the failings of individual politicians.

[/quot]

In which case I wish to nominate and promote my candidate for the US presidential election.

But firstly a brief extract from my manifesto. Please stay tuned during this political broadcast:

Ahem. Since the US election impacts fully throughout the world, and particularly so in the UK, where US presidential lap sitting poodle imitations are highly favoured by the Prime Minister of the day (no matter who that Prime Minister is or which party they come from), then we in the UK (and everywhere else in the world) should have equal rights to enter domestic and/or foreign candidates in to the US election process.

We also pay US tax in the form of oil costs and the burden of having to purchase US Treasury securities with accumulated greenbacks derived from trade balances. These otherwise worthless pieces of paper absolutely support the US economy to our cost. This is further reason to insist on placing our own British born candidates in the race for the White House.

Additionally, British soldiers fight US wars wherever they are fought, and impose military US imperialist strategy throughout the world ensuring the continuation of US global hegemony.

I therefore propose the British presidential candidate to be "The Flying Brick", Nick Paine, Shadow Minister for the Abolition of Gravity from the Monster Raving Loony Party.

NickDelvesCrewe.jpg

The Flying Brick "has chosen transport and education as his main campaign issues. He would open a brand new train-spotting university and banish cars from the constituency. The inherent transport problems associated with banning cars would be overcome by linking residences with their own private rail network. Unlike the other candidates the Flying Brick also considers sport and recreation. He would introduce Piranha to the River Weaver to make angling more of a spectator sport. This will boost tourism and create new jobs in Leighton Hospital".

I further nominate Mad Mike Young to run o the Flying Brick's ticket as VP.

mhtp2008%20-a.jpg

As if he would run on the Brick's ticket, Mad Mike said "Ugghhh".

A key plank for the campaign is the subject of ID cards. The Monster Raving Loony Party's position on ID cards is as follows:

"To make I.D cards more acceptable the loony party is the only party who has issued I.D cards in the form of a mirror, in the format of Key rings, and Compact mirrors for our feminie members. Loony Party Policy States:

I.D cards will be issued in form of a small compact mirror with the following instructions.

1.If asked to identify yourself .....look in mirror to check that its you. If you cannot identify yourself....

2.Ask someone else to look in the mirror to see if its you....If you still cannot identify yourself....

3.Try again later when sober."

I_Dbadge.jpg

Artists impression of the popular new finger smudged, iris recognition ID card

I commend these candidates to all voters.

Guest David Guyatt

http://www.omrlp.com/

The Monster Raving Loony Party's well though out position on the sad passing of Mr. Common Sense.

http://www.omrlp.com/uploads/images/tombstone-clipart.gif

London Times Obituary of the late Mr Common Sense..... Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as;

Knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird catches the worm;

Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer suntan lotion or an Elastoplast to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself against a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little into her lap and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by his four stepbrothers, I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Here are some music campaign videos:

Barack Obama

Obama Girl - I Got a Crush on Obama

Yes We Can

The Rockabelles - We Got the Mo

Ti$a - Vote Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPPbFeQ7N40

Rick E Lewis - What Change Looks Like

Hillary Clinton

Taryn Southern - Hott 4 Hill

Céline Dion - You and I

The Clintons - Funny Love Song for Hillary Clinton

John McCain

The McCain Girls - Raining McCain

Judd Kessler - Lead the Way

http://weekendamerica.publicradio.org/disp.../07/grassroots/

Ron Paul

King Solomon & Roy Shivers - Ron Paul for the Long Haul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bCRc2ub8hU

Guest David Guyatt

Pssst! Would someone please tell Mr. Colby that in the UK, tax is deducted at source and is known as PAYE (Pay As You Earn). Sadly, no chance open to fiddle our cuddly taxman. I admit once lying to my boss when I said over drinks that he was an okay guy. I do lie to my family. I tell my 85 year old mother that I'm eating healthy meals, and my wife that her cooking is healthy and delicious. Unfortunately, I never had enough time to lie to potential employers as they were busy lying to me about how good it would be to work for them. I've only ever dated nanny goats. And those sweet, easy girls needed no lies or exaggeration from anyone.

Edited by David Guyatt

I have thought, for the past month or so, that HRC's staying in the race was designed to cause her Democratic colleagues in the Senate to name her majority leader as a quid pro quo concession.

Now, The Economist is positing that same possibility (in the middle of the article):

http://www.economist.com/opinion/displaySt...atures_box_main

I think that that is what is currently happening.

If I were Harry Reid, I would probably be looking over my shoulder, which I suspect he is doing.

I anticipate that he is talking privately with select Senate Democrats to try to prevent his position being presented as a consolation prize to HRC.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is what HRC is up to?

Clinton Sees Many Reasons to Stay In

The New York Times

By PATRICK HEALY

May 21, 2008

Rebuffing associates who have suggested that she end her candidacy, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton has made it clear to her camp in recent days that she will stay in the race until June because she believes she can still be the nominee — and, barring that, so she can depart with some final goals accomplished.

Mrs. Clinton has disagreed with suggestions, made directly to her by a few friends recently, that her continued candidacy was deepening splits within the Democratic Party and damaging Senator Barack Obama’s chances of emerging as a formidable nominee. She has also disputed the notion that, by staying in, she was unintentionally fostering a racial divide with white voters in some states overwhelmingly supporting her.

Rather, in private conversations and in interviews, Mrs. Clinton has begun asserting that she believes sexism, rather than racism, has cast a shadow over the primary fight, a point some of her supporters have made for months. Advisers say that continuing her candidacy is partly a means to show her supporters — especially young women — that she is not a quitter and will not be pushed around....

Full story: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/21/us/polit...&ei=5087%0A

The New York Times

By PATRICK HEALY

May 21, 2008

Rebuffing associates who have suggested that she end her candidacy, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton has made it clear to her camp in recent days that she will stay in the race until June because she believes she can still be the nominee — and, barring that, so she can depart with some final goals accomplished.

Mrs. Clinton has disagreed with suggestions, made directly to her by a few friends recently, that her continued candidacy was deepening splits within the Democratic Party and damaging Senator Barack Obama’s chances of emerging as a formidable nominee. She has also disputed the notion that, by staying in, she was unintentionally fostering a racial divide with white voters in some states overwhelmingly supporting her.

Rather, in private conversations and in interviews, Mrs. Clinton has begun asserting that she believes sexism, rather than racism, has cast a shadow over the primary fight, a point some of her supporters have made for months. Advisers say that continuing her candidacy is partly a means to show her supporters — especially young women — that she is not a quitter and will not be pushed around....

Don't tell me she's going to hang around like a putrid odour, spouting that vacuous sexism crap.

After all the diplomatic and gracious comments recently made about her by Obama--she deserved nothing so polite--she's now treating the world to a display of brattish tantrums and denial.

I can't remember seeing such an indecent display of unscrupulous egotism and ambition. She needs help, not the Presidency.

I can't remember seeing such an indecent display of unscrupulous egotism and ambition. She needs help, not the Presidency.
The shrinking candidacy of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton has all but vanished from the television set, sidelined by bigger news.

I just returned from Savannah Georgia where the word is that Hillary recently went to see a psychiatrist. He asked her what the problem is and she said "Doc, you've got to help me; everyone ignores me," and the psychiatrist said "next patient please."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/05/21/america/tube.php

The shrinking candidacy of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton has all but vanished from the television set, sidelined by bigger news.

I just returned from Savannah Georgia where the word is that Hillary recently went to see a psychiatrist. He asked her what the problem is and she said "Doc, you've got to help me; everyone ignores me," and the psychiatrist said "next patient please."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/05/21/america/tube.php

Sounds like Hillary and her followers expected the nomination and Presidency to be handed to her because she is a woman. Strange reasoning indeed. Apparently, the fact that she is a phony is irrelevent to her followers.

I expect Obama will win in November, no matter who he picks for the ticket. America will turn a new page but it might be too late to salvage much of its former living standards.

I know its a grim forecast but America's such a basket case of social and economic problems that it could take decades to sort it all out, imo. In the meantime, Russia, China and the EU will be running things.

Edited by Mark Stapleton

The New York Times

By PATRICK HEALY

May 21, 2008

Don't tell me she's going to hang around like a putrid odour, spouting that vacuous sexism crap.

After all the diplomatic and gracious comments recently made about her by Obama--she deserved nothing so polite--she's now treating the world to a display of brattish tantrums and denial.

Well put.

The unadulterated vanity kind of reminds you of another Clinton, doesn't it?

And she has lost this affair because Obama is a strong candidate and because she is a Clinton, not because she is a woman.

This is the first political defeat suffered by a Clinton since WJC lost his effort for a second straight term as Arkansas' governor in 1980, which he recaptured in 1982.

I still think that she wants, and may well be awarded, Harry Reid's position as Senate Majority Leader.

Frankly, I think that she should have that position, based on her strength in the party.

I know its a grim forecast but America's such a basket case of social and economic problems that it could take decades to sort it all out, imo.

I would not be surprised if there are people saying the same thing about every single country in the world, including the Vatican.

I'm interested to see how McCain gets the current filth Haggi just had uncovered about him off of him. Haggi said that God had directed Hitler to remove the Jews from Europe - or some such sick insanity. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy [McCain].

Hagee also called the Catholic Church "the great whore", although he now repudiates that position.

Hagee ran around on his first wife, he pays himself over $1,000,000 per year and he spews hatred and venom from the pulpit.

The fact that McCain saw fit to associate himself with someone like this speaks volumes as to his judgment.

The fact that McCain saw fit to associate himself with someone like this speaks volumes as to his judgment.

The Real McCain: Why Conservatives Don't Trust Him and Why Independents Shouldn't

by Cliff Schecter

http://www.amazon.com/Real-McCain-Conserva...t/dp/0979482291

From the Amazon website:

Thinking about voting for McCain? Read this book. Cliff Schecter's hard-hitting profile explores the gap between the public record of Senator John McCain and his media image. Drawing on a range of sources and adding his unique perspective and humor, Schecter guides the reader though McCain's long history of expedient flip-flops, especially on his signature issues of national security and campaign finance reform. Far from a straight-talking maverick, McCain emerges as a temperamental political chameleon who will do or say virtually anything to become president of the United States. On issue after issue - including the invasion and occupation of Iraq, torture, abortion, and gay rights - The Real McCain reveals a politician who started as a Goldwater Republican, experienced a brief period after sanity after his loss to George W. Bush in 2000, and began pandering to the very groups he challenged after deciding to run again in 2008.