The Education Forum

"Imagining The Kennedys" Documentary & Trailer

Trailer @

Article @ http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/eveningstanda...33390a6503.html

"The assassination of JFK was one of those events that changed America and the way it is seen by the rest of the world," says Seamus. "The Big Three are JFK, Pearl Harbour and 9/11."

In the years immediately following World War II America was everyone's friend and unquestionably The Good Guy, he says. Now, this has eroded to distrust and events such as the assassination and 9/11 have become wreathed in conspiracy theories.

The result has been the birth of a conspiracy industry and the dehumanising of the victims, he says. Imagining The Kennedys seeks to offer a more humane alternative.

The trio are quick to point out that their documentary doesn't set out to solve the "mysteries" proposed by the conspiracy theorists. Rather, it looks at the impact of the event on people like Seamus half a world away from the infamous Grassy Knoll.

After being grounded in Palmerston North, "Imagining" takes Seamus to the United States where he visits arenas in which the Kennedys of the JFK era played out their lives.

In Palmerston North, the impact of the assassination is recorded in street names such as John F Kennedy Drive, Connally Place and Langley Avenue.

John Connally was a passenger in President Kennedy's car and was seriously injured by a bullet some say was fired 4.9 seconds after the president received his fatal head wound. At the time Connally was governor of Texas and Secretary of the Navy and the Treasury.

Langley, Virginia, is where the headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency is situated and the agency has continued to be linked with the conspiracy theories.

"It's a personal story where we get to see things we have heard about and read about for years. It's not about solving the mystery of what happened. The mystery has been solved for me for quite some time."

For the record he believes Oswald was set up to be caught as a cover for another shooter.

..."

Trailer @

Article @ http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/eveningstanda...33390a6503.html

"The assassination of JFK was one of those events that changed America and the way it is seen by the rest of the world," says Seamus. "The Big Three are JFK, Pearl Harbour and 9/11."

In the years immediately following World War II America was everyone's friend and unquestionably The Good Guy, he says. Now, this has eroded to distrust and events such as the assassination and 9/11 have become wreathed in conspiracy theories.

The result has been the birth of a conspiracy industry and the dehumanising of the victims, he says. Imagining The Kennedys seeks to offer a more humane alternative.

The trio are quick to point out that their documentary doesn't set out to solve the "mysteries" proposed by the conspiracy theorists. Rather, it looks at the impact of the event on people like Seamus half a world away from the infamous Grassy Knoll.

After being grounded in Palmerston North, "Imagining" takes Seamus to the United States where he visits arenas in which the Kennedys of the JFK era played out their lives.

In Palmerston North, the impact of the assassination is recorded in street names such as John F Kennedy Drive, Connally Place and Langley Avenue.

John Connally was a passenger in President Kennedy's car and was seriously injured by a bullet some say was fired 4.9 seconds after the president received his fatal head wound. At the time Connally was governor of Texas and Secretary of the Navy and the Treasury.

Langley, Virginia, is where the headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency is situated and the agency has continued to be linked with the conspiracy theories.

"It's a personal story where we get to see things we have heard about and read about for years. It's not about solving the mystery of what happened. The mystery has been solved for me for quite some time."

For the record he believes Oswald was set up to be caught as a cover for another shooter.

..."

Myra,

Just got an email from Seamus. He asked me to thank you for posting the above, and giving it a bit of publicity.

Tried to cajole him into joining, but says he has a lot on his plate already. Future projects may include things like Nugan-Hand and Whitlam.

Personally, I'd like to see them do a follow-up on JFK - this time focusing on evidence. These guys are deadly serious about the assassination, and that is matched by a wealth of knowledge and astute ideas on ways to cut through all the bs to reach the currently non-engaged.

Seamus has offered to correspond with anyone interested - just contact me and I'll pass on his email address - or post questions/comments here, and I'll post any replies.