The Education Forum

Tent Cities outside Los Angeles as motgages crisis hits

What sort of system is it that allows this to happen while throwing biillions of dollars at banks? It is even more offensive that it is illegal to be homeless. Apart from punishing the poor I suppose that it keeps the poor community fragmented. If they are allowed to keep living together they may start talking and questioning and working and organizing together. And that is something the ruling class do not want to see. Religion does serve that purpose. It justifies everyone's position in life as being according to god's divine plan. Its just coincidental that gods plan and the plan of the ruling class always seem to be the same.

We were at such a high moral point at the end of WW2 and even had a second chance from the outside after 9/11 - all squandered by greed, avarice, blindness to Natural Values - even religious ones.

That is so true. I think people really want to like America but it is just too too much.

• 2 months later...
What sort of system is it that allows this to happen while throwing biillions of dollars at banks? It is even more offensive that it is illegal to be homeless. Apart from punishing the poor I suppose that it keeps the poor community fragmented. If they are allowed to keep living together they may start talking and questioning and working and organizing together. And that is something the ruling class do not want to see. Religion does serve that purpose. It justifies everyone's position in life as being according to god's divine plan. Its just coincidental that gods plan and the plan of the ruling class always seem to be the same.
We were at such a high moral point at the end of WW2 and even had a second chance from the outside after 9/11 - all squandered by greed, avarice, blindness to Natural Values - even religious ones.

That is so true. I think people really want to like America but it is just too too much.

Aye, in Orange County if you're homeless the police of one city will take away whatever belongings you do have and chase you off to a different city. Of course the police dept of that city will then also send you packing. So you end up basically continually traveling this circle over and over.

It's horrible.

Randy

• 2 months later...

Thanks for that.

I saw something about this on CNN International a few years ago. But a Brazilian TV stationed showed how coverage of the Iraq War in the US was very different from that in other countries and CNN International had coverage that wasn't shown on the mother (domestic) channel. So I wouldn't be surprised if the tent city program wasn't shown stateside either.