The Education Forum

Ruby's Route to a Murder and Bugliosi's Blunder

It was brought to my attention that the section: "Events at the top of the Main Street Ramp" did not appear to read correctly. I had a check and found that some paragraphs were missing. For some reason they might not have uploaded when the article was put on. I have used the edit function to put the paragraphs back in the article. Apologies to those of you who read the article and found this section a little confusing. Hopefully, it will read correctly now.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was brought to my attention that the section: "Events at the top of the Main Street Ramp" did not appear to read correctly. I had a check and found that some paragraphs were missing. For some reason they might not have uploaded when the article was put on. I have used the edit function to put the paragraphs back in the article. Apologies to those of you who read the article and found this section a little confusing. Hopefully, it will read correctly now.

Tony, here is a question to consider:

If Ruby didn't come down the ramp [and I sincerely believe he did not], I wonder what was going to be his explaination for having arrived at his ambush site when he did?

P. S. I have known Roy Vaughn for over 20 years, and though I have always respected his privacy and have not tried to discussed his role in this contraversy I feel certain he would always tell the truth under any circumstances.

jim feemster

If Ruby didn't come down the ramp [and I sincerely believe he did not], I wonder what was going to be his explaination for having arrived at his ambush site when he did?

P. S. I have known Roy Vaughn for over 20 years, and though I have always respected his privacy and have not tried to discussed his role in this contraversy I feel certain he would always tell the truth under any circumstances.

jim feemster

Not tried to discussed, LOL

or

"have tried not to discuss" ??

jim feemster

Thanks Jim,

I think Ruby was always going to say that his arrival in the basement when Oswald was brought out was simply a matter of chance. He would say it was by chance he had to go to the Western Union office to send some money to an employee and because he saw some activity around DPD headquarters he went to see what was going on and it was a matter of pure chance he arrived when he did. I am sure that he was thinking along the lines that he could claim murder without malice if it looked he had not planned to be down in the basement that morning and arrived by chance when he did and killed Oswald in the heat of the moment. Murder without malice did not carry death penalty.

Ruby was reluctant to state that he entered via a door on the east side of the building. He saw a police car using the ramp just before Oswald was brought out and he felt that this would be a good way of claiming he entered via the ramp.

Why did he not want the authorities to know he used the east end of the building? Perhaps he felt there was a greater risk that it would eventually come out that gaining access this way required help from somebody on the inside. Of course this is just speculation.

I agree with you about Roy Vaughn, all my research suggests that he was a very honest man.

Tony

Edited by Tony Austin

• 9 years later...

Ruby seen sitting in a green car  behind the TV cameras, getting out off the car, jumping over the rail of the basement parking area and shooting Oswald. 

Edited by Karl Kinaski

Reporter: "Chief, can you tell us what you know now about the man you now have in custody?"

Chief: "Personally I don't know anything about him. I merely know his name".

Chief, the reporter didn't ask you if you knew him, "personally".

The body language tells me he is not being truthful.

As Seth Kantor wrote, Ruby knew over one half of the cops on the police force.

After he shot Oswald, you could not find ten Dallas cops who would admit to knowing him.

Tony did a pretty nice job on this.  Its really one of the worst parts of Bugliosi's book.

What I think Tony should have included was this: Burt Griffin did not buy the Main Street ramp story.  He did not buy Patrick Dean's story about checking all the doors.  In fact, he actually thought Dean was lying about this.  Dean insisted Ruby could not have gotten in through the alley.  Griffin did not buy that.  And as Tony points out, the HSCA checked on it and they ended up agreeing with Griffin.

When Griffin wanted to really go after Dean, Earl Warren--that pontifical saint of justice--got a threatening letter from Henry Wade. That was enough for that roaring lion turned pussycat; Warren backed off and left Griffin in the lurch. (Reclaiming Parkland, pp. 229-230) 

The HSCA usually did not do a really good reexamination of the travesty of the WC, but since Blakey was interested in Ruby, they did go a pretty good job on things like this and the FBI rigging of Ruby's polygraph.

When you examine the evidence, its pretty obvious that Blakey is correct on this issue: from the night of the assassination, until Sunday at 11:21, Ruby was stalking Oswald.

One other thing that Tony should have included: the Saturday night aborted call by Oswald to Hurt in North Carolina.  As Marchetti said, with that, Oswald signed his death warrant.  Next day, exit Oswald.

Edited by James DiEugenio

59 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

When you examine the evidence, it's pretty obvious that Blakey is correct on this issue: from the night of the assassination, until Sunday at 11:21, Ruby was stalking Oswald.

I disagree. The things you (and other conspiracy theorists) insist are evidence of Jack Ruby "stalking" Lee Harvey Oswald are actually just normal things for Jack Ruby to have done in the wake of JFK's murder.

If it had been someone other than Ruby engaging in the behavior he engaged in from 11/22/63 to 11/24/63, I might agree with you about the "stalking" angle. But knowing about Ruby's penchant for wanting to be where the action is, then such behavior can very easily be considered normal in every sense of that word—"normal"—for one Jacob Leon Rubenstein.

So, how can somebody's normal and expected behavior be looked upon as "stalking"?

JFK-Archives-Jack-Ruby-Logo.png

Edited by David Von Pein

Its normal to disguise yourself as a reporter, with glasses and notepad, and inject yourself into a press conference in that guise?

If what you are saying is accurate, that it was normal,  Ruby would not have done that at all.

BTW, Blakey is now a conspiracy theorist?

Edited by James DiEugenio

James DiEugenio said:

It's normal to disguise yourself as a reporter, with glasses and notepad, and inject yourself into a press conference in that guise?

For Jack Ruby --- Yes! That is just exactly the type of thing that the gregarious and outgoing Mr. Ruby might want to do in order to thrust himself into the middle of a huge story like the one that was unfolding at Dallas City Hall on the night of November 22nd. It was vintage Jack Ruby all the way. Much like his behavior in the DPD hallways that same night when he arranged interviews with D.A. Henry Wade for WNEW's Ike Pappas and for two different reporters at KLIF Radio as well (listen to those KLIF interviews below, including an on-air credit given to Jack Ruby).

KLIF-RADIO INTERVIEWS WITH HENRY WADE, ARRANGED BY JACK RUBY

James DiEugenio said:

If what you are saying is accurate, that it was normal, Ruby would not have done that at all.

Huh?!

~shrug~

James DiEugenio said:

BTW, Blakey is now a conspiracy theorist?

Reprise .... Huh?!

You're just pulling my leg now, aren't you? You must be. Because you know that G. Robert Blakey is the biggest "The Mob Did It" conspiracy theorist of all time! Just listen to him---here.

Edited by David Von Pein

20 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

For Jack Ruby --- Yes! That is just exactly the type of thing that the gregarious and outgoing Mr. Ruby might want to do in order to thrust himself into the middle of a huge story like the one that was unfolding at Dallas City Hall on the night of November 22nd. It was vintage Jack Ruby all the way. Much like his behavior in the DPD hallways that same night when he arranged interviews with D.A. Henry Wade for WNEW's Ike Pappas and for two different reporters at KLIF Radio as well (listen to those KLIF interviews below, including an on-air credit given to Jack Ruby).

KLIF-RADIO INTERVIEWS WITH HENRY WADE, ARRANGED BY JACK RUBY

Huh?!

~shrug~

Reprise .... Huh?!

You're just pulling my leg now, aren't you? You must be. Because you know that G. Robert Blakey is the biggest "The Mob Did It" conspiracy theorist of all time! Just listen to him---here.

DVP? Do you really think that Ruby acted spontaneously, out of sorrow for the Kennedy family?

Edited by Michael Clark

25 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

David, it's a simple question...

DVP? Do you really think that Ruby acted spontaneously, out of sorrow for the Kennedy family?