The Education Forum

Anybody interested?

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

Are members interested in JTR? If so there are many more elements to the case i have not yet discussed. if interest exists I will post further evidence, urban legend and conjecture. I only ask as it is a large undertaking, and I don't fancy "Talking to myself"

Guest Gary Loughran
Are members interested in JTR? If so there are many more elements to the case i have not yet discussed. if interest exists I will post further evidence, urban legend and conjecture. I only ask as it is a large undertaking, and I don't fancy "Talking to myself"

I have a broad interest in JTR - and would like to read anything more you've got - I've read most of the archives. I can't promise wholly informed discussion/quesions but will do my best to keep up.

Guest Stephen Turner

I have a broad interest in JTR - and would like to read anything more you've got - I've read most of the archives. I can't promise wholly informed discussion/quesions but will do my best to keep up.

Thanks Gary, looks like its just you and I then.

Edited by Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner
Hey guys...Let me tag along! I'm a major league lurker but promise to try and contribute, even if only questions.. Really appreciate your postings Steve.............Robert

Thanks Robert, you're more than welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Stephen,

I'm interested!

Guest Stephen Turner

thanks Guys, I will make a start next week, with a contraversial take on the medical evidence. Good to have you aboard.

• 3 weeks later...

By chance I happened to see ' Jack the Ripper: The first serial killer' (2006) on TV last Thursday.

Has anyone seen this? Very interesting profiling techniques. Among the issues covered was the indication that JTR was most likely a local and a strong possibility that JTR was a butcher. Manna fron heaven.

I notice Casebook has been updated and expanded. More info has been discovered about Jacob Levy's background than I previously knew. Unless someone better comes along--and I think Levy is a relatively new suspect--he's far and away the most pristine candidate for JTR. On the information available, I can't find a single strike against him. He's my man.

Read it and weep:

http://www.casebook.org/suspects/jacoblevy.html

By chance I happened to see ' Jack the Ripper: The first serial killer' (2006) on TV last Thursday.

Has anyone seen this? Very interesting profiling techniques. Among the issues covered was the indication that JTR was most likely a local and a strong possibility that JTR was a butcher. Manna fron heaven.

I notice Casebook has been updated and expanded. More info has been discovered about Jacob Levy's background than I previously knew. Unless someone better comes along--and I think Levy is a relatively new suspect--he's far and away the most pristine candidate for JTR. On the information available, I can't find a single strike against him. He's my man.

Read it and weep:

http://www.casebook.org/suspects/jacoblevy.html

Yes, I saw this and thought much the same Mark. I remember watching a BBC doco on the Battle of Culloden and apparently butchers were some the best fighters the English had. I suppose it is an occupational hazard seeing all that flesh objectified.

FWIW

Yes, I saw this and thought much the same Mark. I remember watching a BBC doco on the Battle of Culloden and apparently butchers were some the best fighters the English had. I suppose it is an occupational hazard seeing all that flesh objectified.

FWIW

Yes, as a butcher he wouldn't be scared of blood and gore, Maggie.

The fact he died of syphillis looks like a strong indicator too. One would assume he picked it up from prostitutes, and then sought to get even. There also seems to have also been some animosity between Levy and his wife. Her comments about his behavior also fit neatly.

I wish a photo of Levy existed, but I don't think there is one.

p.s. thanks to Steve Turner for his efforts in getting JTR up again, and backgrounding the details of the case. How do you think Levy stands up as a suspect, Steve?

Edited by Mark Stapleton

Guest Stephen Turner

FWIW

Yes, as a butcher he wouldn't be scared of blood and gore, Maggie.

The fact he died of syphillis looks like a strong indicator too. One would assume he picked it up from prostitutes, and then sought to get even. There also seems to have also been some animosity between Levy and his wife. Her comments about his behavior also fit neatly.

I wish a photo of Levy existed, but I don't think there is one.

p.s. thanks to Steve Turner for his efforts in getting JTR up again, and backgrounding the details of the case. How do you think Levy stands up as a suspect, Steve?

Hi Mark, I tend to use this as a bolt hole from political conspiracies to be fair. i will need to do some more research before I can answer your question, but certainly nothing that I know rules him out. i have got some more evidence on botched autopsies which I will post soon. Steve.

• 1 year later...

Definitely still interested Stephen. Hope you're well

Guest Stephen Turner

Definitely still interested Stephen. Hope you're well

Thanks Adam, I really keep meaning to get around to updating these threads. next week, I promise.