The Education Forum

Forum Fantasy Football League

John Simkin

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to apologise to all the fans for the poor start Inter have made to the season.

You see, being a Spurs fan (masochist) it's just the way we have to start these days...

But I'm sure we still have the potential to break into the to 4...

I'd like to apologise to all the fans for the poor start Inter have made to the season.

You see, being a Spurs fan (masochist) it's just the way we have to start these days...

But I'm sure we still have the potential to break into the to 4...

Don't take it too badly. The main problem is that some members of the league fielded players who did not play from the start. For example, players like Senderos, O'Shea, Bale, Mascherano, Tevez, Berbatov, etc.

If I was you I would transfer Berbatov. He will not perform while he wants to get away. I am not sure that he will end up at Manchester United either.

If I was you I would transfer Berbatov. He will not perform while he wants to get away. I am not sure that he will end up at Manchester United either.

When I picked the b******, it seemed a move to Manyoo was hours if not minutes away... And i felt that Tevez and Berba would make a good combo while Rooney was injured and/or suspended, and when Manyoo decided to go three up front!

Best laid plans and football... not necessarily a good mix. :lol:

When I picked the b******, it seemed a move to Manyoo was hours if not minutes away... And i felt that Tevez and Berba would make a good combo while Rooney was injured and/or suspended, and when Manyoo decided to go three up front!

Best laid plans and football... not necessarily a good mix. :lol:

Some of the newspapers today are suggesting that Spurs will be buying Anton Ferdinand. What is your opinion on Ferdinand?

Guest Gary Loughran

1 Gary Loughran 216

2 John Simkin 202

3 danlyndon 172

4 Alex Davies 172

5 V. Vassiliou 167

6 Paul Cockerham 165

7 James Turner 161

8 Dafydd 149

9 Ben Turner 111

10 Ed Waller 78

Some of the newspapers today are suggesting that Spurs will be buying Anton Ferdinand. What is your opinion on Ferdinand?

Well, as he appears to have gone to Sunderland...

Hadn't been that impressed, but has seemed competent, although to say he's an improvement on Dawson, or some of our other defensive players isn't necessarily a lot of praise... :cheers

It looks as though Berba could end up in Spurs' reserves :lol: I'm sure he'll be focused enough to do well there!!

Well, as he appears to have gone to Sunderland...

Hadn't been that impressed, but has seemed competent, although to say he's an improvement on Dawson, or some of our other defensive players isn't necessarily a lot of praise... :rolleyes:

It looks as though Berba could end up in Spurs' reserves :lol: I'm sure he'll be focused enough to do well there!!

I think Dawson is better than Ferdinand. I don't think Ferdinand is very keen on living in the North East or being managed by Roy Keane. Maybe Keane can do for Anton what Ferguson did for Rio?

I think Dawson is better than Ferdinand. I don't think Ferdinand is very keen on living in the North East or being managed by Roy Keane. Maybe Keane can do for Anton what Ferguson did for Rio?

But without the drugs tests...?

And you must have a very low opinion of him if you think Dawson is better! Marking ability of an octogenarian with zimmer frame.

Guest Gary Loughran

I have to agree with Ed on Dawson...poor player.

And John on Ferdinand...well the bit about the North East and Keane - however it seems that he is up in Makem land for a medical this morning. I think Keane will make him a better player and maximise his potential. Like Ferguson did with Rio, Keane will not accept loss of concentration during 90 minutes, which to me was the biggest problem with both players. Although Rio is probably the best defender 1v1 in the world. Harry Redknapp says in his book he has never seen Rio done 1 on 1 ever.

It looks as though Berba could end up in Spurs' reserves :rolleyes: I'm sure he'll be focused enough to do well there!!

You may be right. According to today's Guardian, Spurs have rejected the £25m offer and are determined to wait for £30m. Don't worry, according to the report, Spurs have a master plan, they intend to buy Emile Heskey.

I fear that Ferguson will end up buying Dean Ashton instead. It is said Spurs are willing to pay 15m for Ashton. However, there will be uproar if our best player goes to the Spurs.

But do you think Anton is better than Dawson?

And John on Ferdinand...well the bit about the North East and Keane - however it seems that he is up in Makem land for a medical this morning. I think Keane will make him a better player and maximise his potential. Like Ferguson did with Rio, Keane will not accept loss of concentration during 90 minutes, which to me was the biggest problem with both players. Although Rio is probably the best defender 1v1 in the world. Harry Redknapp says in his book he has never seen Rio done 1 on 1 ever.

I am not convinced that Anton will respond to Keane's approach. I am not sure concentration can be taught at this stage. Concentration depends to a large extent on intellect. Rio is far brighter than Anton and was able to change.

I agree about Rio being the best defender in the world. From what I have read he plays in a similar way to Neil Franklin, England's centre-half after the war, who was banned after signing for play for Independiente Santa Fe club in Colombia in 1950. This is what Stanley Matthews had to say about Franklin: "Neil won everything in the air, tackled with superb timing and when the ball was at his feet possessed the nous to pass it will all the guile and intelligence of the most cerebral of inside-forwards. An erect physique belied tremendous mobility and breathtaking speed over four or five yards."

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/STOKEfranklinN.htm

Guest Gary Loughran

But do you think Anton is better than Dawson?

Yes. Even though I have Dawson in one of my fantasy teams :rolleyes: That's doing even better than this one. I picked up another 2 clean sheets last night for Vidic and Van De Sar - how much does the winner get again? ;)

I agree about Rio being the best defender in the world. From what I have read he plays in a similar way to Neil Franklin, England's centre-half after the war, who was banned after signing for play for Independiente Santa Fe club in Colombia in 1950. This is what Stanley Matthews had to say about Franklin: "Neil won everything in the air, tackled with superb timing and when the ball was at his feet possessed the nous to pass it will all the guile and intelligence of the most cerebral of inside-forwards. An erect physique belied tremendous mobility and breathtaking speed over four or five yards."

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/STOKEfranklinN.htm

I must get around to posting the stuff I have on my Uncle, Frank 'Francie' Loughran who sadly passed away a few months back. He played football in the Olympics for Australia, and was somewhat of a pioneer. Carried the Olympic torch at Sydney. Matthews toured Australia in the 50's and said my Uncle was a great player and tried to get him back to England to play with Matthews. I have some photos of them together - they becam a bit pally thereafter, allegedly :lol:

I must get around to posting the stuff I have on my Uncle, Frank 'Francie' Loughran who sadly passed away a few months back. He played football in the Olympics for Australia, and was somewhat of a pioneer. Carried the Olympic torch at Sydney. Matthews toured Australia in the 50's and said my Uncle was a great player and tried to get him back to England to play with Matthews. I have some photos of them together - they becam a bit pally thereafter, allegedly :rolleyes:

Have you seen the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Loughran

League after two games. It seems Ed has too many Spurs players in his team.

1 Gary Loughran (257)

2 John Simkin (212)

3 Alex Davies (204)

4 Vas Vassiliou (196)

5 Dan Lyndon (178)

6 James Turner (173)

7 Paul Cockerham (171)

8 Dafydd Humphres (166)

9 Ben Turner (143)

10 Ed Waller (94)