The Education Forum

Mythbusters and the Moon Hoax

Mythbusters will be doing a "Moon Hoax" special on Discovery Channel (US) 27 AUG 08. I'm unsure when it will be shown on other nation's Discovery Channel.

Should be very interesting viewing.

Mythbusters will be doing a "Moon Hoax" special on Discovery Channel (US) 27 AUG 08. I'm unsure when it will be shown on other nation's Discovery Channel.

Should be very interesting viewing.

Thank You Evan. Interesting indeed!

I do not always agree with their methods and conclusions, but could you possibly think of a job that would be more fun to have?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

In case you missed it, or it hasn't been shown in your area as yet, it is available online:

http://www.surfthechannel.com/info/televis...8597/S6E10.html

WARNING! This site does have popups. I would NOT visit it unless you have a firewall and antivirus installed. The popups may be quite benign, but this is an area where my paranoia runs free.

The show addresses, first off, the PHOTOGRAPHIC evidence of fakery... or rather , lack of it. Overall, they do a very credible job of showing that the claims by the Moon Hoax people are not supported by science.

Oh, some more stuff:

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbust...ythbusters.html

Click on "Mythbusters Raw Video"

When the window finishes loading, there's a menu on the left of a bunch of Discovery shows.

Scroll down to "MythBusters - 118 Clips"

Click on the "118 Clips" part. This will open up the MythBusters video sub-menu.

Click on "MythBusters Uncut" to expand that menu.

The first selection should be "Lunar Lunacy". Click on that to see the "bonus" experiment.

Thanks to Czero 101 for pointing this out.