The Education Forum

ADUG and Manchester City

John Simkin

Manchester City fans are understandably getting very excited about the possibility of the Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG) becoming the new owners of the club. However, I would suggest that it might end up unpleasantly. It seems strange that they have spent this money before they took control of the club. Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim, the head of ADUG, is a strange character and is a recent arrival to Dubai's power-base. He claims that he has the support of the Dubai Royal family. However, they have yet to be named. If he does not have their support, I suspect the deal will collapse.

He is the Sir Alan Sugar figure in the TV show 'The Hydra Executives'. He founded Hydra Properties in 2005. His company signed $2billion worth of projects in the first two years to become one of the region's fastest growing property companies.

However, their is very little about Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim on the net. He does not appear to be part of the Dubai Royal family. This is very unusual for really powerful people in Dubai.

Guest Gary Loughran

I was informed that the Godolfin crowd had an interest here. They are quite powerful and deep pocketed.

An interview last night on Sky indicated this had nothing to with making money and that money was no object. Their sole objective is to move Man City to number 1 and win silverware.