The Education Forum

Any LBJ Motorcade Pics?

Phil Nelson

Does anyone have pictures of LBJ ducking down in his limo as he reached Dealey Plaza? The assertion by Jean Hill, as noted in this video, that he was practically on the floor before he reached Elm Street is interesting and I would like to know if it can be verified. Thanks all.

As close to elm street as i could find.

Nix frame showing Johnson on the right hand side of the car sitting upright.

Edited by Robin Unger

Thanks for those two photos, not so suspicious looking ones after all.

I'm interested in finding out whether there is any truth to either of these assertions:

1. That LBJ ducked down on his own before Youngblood allegedly shoved him down after the shots started; (according to Murder in Dealey Plaza, Sen. Yarborough disputed this account);

2. Again, per Murder in Dealey Plaza, Sen. Yarborough said they LBJ had a small walkie-talkie he was listening to during the whole episode.

Does anyone know if Yarborough actually wrote of these incidents or are these just anecdotes passed around without hard sources?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for those two photos, not so suspicious looking ones after all.

I'm interested in finding out whether there is any truth to either of these assertions:

1. That LBJ ducked down on his own before Youngblood allegedly shoved him down after the shots started; (according to Murder in Dealey Plaza, Sen. Yarborough disputed this account);

2. Again, per Murder in Dealey Plaza, Sen. Yarborough said they LBJ had a small walkie-talkie he was listening to during the whole episode.

Does anyone know if Yarborough actually wrote of these incidents or are these just anecdotes passed around without hard sources?

Phil:

Here is the quote....and link......

The Senator who Suspected a JFK Conspiracy

Yarborough's Suspicion of Lyndon Johnson

"...There is the well-publicized story of Agent Rufus Youngblood, who reportedly threw himself on top of Vice President Johnson after the shooting began in Dealey Plaza.... Johnson, in a statement to the Warren Commission, mentioned the incident:

I was startled by a sharp report or explosion, but I had no time to speculate as to its origin because Agent Youngblood turned in a flash, immediately after the first explosion, hitting me on the shoulder, and shouted to all of us in the back seat to get down. I was pushed down by Agent Youngblood. Almost in the same moment in which he hit or pushed me, he vaulted over the back seat and sat on me. I was bent over under the weight of Agent Youngblood's body, toward Mrs. Johnson and Senator Yarborough....

However, former Texas senator Ralph Yarborough, who was sitting beside Johnson that day, told this author: 'It just didn't happen.... It was a small car, Johnson was a big man, tall. His knees were up against his chin as it was. There was no room for that to happen.' Yarborough recalled that both Johnson and Youngblood ducked down as the shooting began and that Youngblood never left the front seat. Yarborough said Youngblood held a small walkie-talkie over the back of the car's seat and that he and Johnson both put their ears to the device. He added: 'They had it turned down real low. I couldn't hear what they were listening to.'"

--Jim Marrs, Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy

http://www.geocities.com/senatoryarborough/

In the V.P car..

a rented 1964 Lincoln 4 door Convertible...Driver Hurchel Jacks

a Texas Hghwy Patrol Officer.....

SS Rufus Youngblood..

Back seat..LBJ.......Lady Bird Johnson......Senator Ralph Yarborough

Here is a bown up crop from the Altgens photo....showing the VP car after the first shot had

been sounded....

Note : Do you notice the man behind on the right with what appears could be, a walkie

talkie to his mouth.....??

B..........

Edited by Bernice Moore

Phil:

Here is the quote....and link......

The Senator who Suspected a JFK Conspiracy

Yarborough's Suspicion of Lyndon Johnson

"...There is the well-publicized story of Agent Rufus Youngblood, who reportedly threw himself on top of Vice President Johnson after the shooting began in Dealey Plaza.... Johnson, in a statement to the Warren Commission, mentioned the incident:

I was startled by a sharp report or explosion, but I had no time to speculate as to its origin because Agent Youngblood turned in a flash, immediately after the first explosion, hitting me on the shoulder, and shouted to all of us in the back seat to get down. I was pushed down by Agent Youngblood. Almost in the same moment in which he hit or pushed me, he vaulted over the back seat and sat on me. I was bent over under the weight of Agent Youngblood's body, toward Mrs. Johnson and Senator Yarborough....

However, former Texas senator Ralph Yarborough, who was sitting beside Johnson that day, told this author: 'It just didn't happen.... It was a small car, Johnson was a big man, tall. His knees were up against his chin as it was. There was no room for that to happen.' Yarborough recalled that both Johnson and Youngblood ducked down as the shooting began and that Youngblood never left the front seat. Yarborough said Youngblood held a small walkie-talkie over the back of the car's seat and that he and Johnson both put their ears to the device. He added: 'They had it turned down real low. I couldn't hear what they were listening to.'"

--Jim Marrs, Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy

http://www.geocities.com/senatoryarborough/

In the V.P car..

a rented 1964 Lincoln 4 door Convertible...Driver Hurchel Jacks

a Texas Hghwy Patrol Officer.....

SS Rufus Youngblood..

Back seat..LBJ.......Lady Bird Johnson......Senator Ralph Yarborough

Here is a bown up crop from the Altgens photo....showing the VP car after the first shot had

been sounded....

Note : Do you notice the man behind on the right with what appears could be, a walkie

talkie to his mouth.....??

B..........

Thanks Bernice...

I've been staring at that for some time but, while I see Lady Bird and Sen. Yarborough, where LBJ should be I can't make out anything but a big blur. Anything you can do to help me see this would be appreciated...i.e. is there a particular way to look at it using one spot for context (his ear, nose, etc.?)