The Education Forum

The CIA and Hollywood

John Simkin

The following deserves close scrutiny Robert

Document # 104-10018-10002 is a one page cable dated 12/09/63. It is from CIA to FBI. "Richard Beymer, American Movie Actor was in touch with Cuban embassy, Mexico City."1. The Mexico City News of 5 December 1963 carried a picture of Richard Beymer, American movie actor, who was a delegate to the film festival being held in Acapulco."2. Beymer was in touch with the Cuban embassy in Mexico City on 2 December, and a person believed to be Beymer was in touch with the embassy on 30 November. He wanted to speak to Silvia Duran, who was not at the embassy. Another employee told him that no reply had been received from Cuba. "3. This office has no information on Beymer."This is signed by Jane Roman, as the releasing officer, L.N. Gallery, as the authenticating officer, and a B. I. R. or B.E. R handwritten in. END

There are 13 docs which pullup under simple search “actor” @ NARA.....It appears 9 of these docs pertain to the actor Richard Beymer

http://www.nara.gov/cgi-bin/starfinder/20587/jfksnew.txt

Now you know why they say truth is stranger than fiction.

What an amazing story? However, I recently discovered that the CIA made full-use of people working in Hollywood as agents.

Christine Keeler met Earl Fenton, at a New Year party. Keeler claims that he was working for the CIA. According to Mandy Rice-Davies, Fenton was a screen-writer who introduced her to Robert Mitchum. The following month Fenton contacted Keeler. According to her account: "Stephen had been telling him lies, feeding him false information and indicating that I was spying for the Russians because of my love for Eugene. The message was to leave the country, say nothing about anything I might have seen or heard."

As you can see, Earl Fenton did very little work in Hollywood:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0272037/

Yea, I too find that amazing and deserves closer scrutiny, and I'm sorry I missed this thread when it was started.

Apparently Richard Beymer, of "West Side Story" fame, was the previously un-named American actor who was at the Twist Party Oswald and other were said to have attended at the home of Silvia Duran, so his presence in Mexico around that time and his calling Duran at the Cuban embassy substantiates that at least he was in the picture, so to speak.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

"Well slap my face and call me Sally."

Bill, that is one of the more interesting factoids, I've heard lately.....I won't be able to drop any bombs as a comeback, but according to at least one website, Richard's real first name is George. And, as far as I know very much alive. If you look at the page on Beymer at that very well known website wikipedia & I am not about to attach my reputation, to the credibility or opposite of the information contained therein....Having said that part of it reads like a Peter Levenda book....See if you can guess what part that is?

As a matter of fact, just go to the wikipedia page on Beymer and tell me your thoughts......

But this is something I've been meaning to share & I had not been able to find it until now. I had lost the URL

Who’s the guy in the Navy Uniform? To pardon a phrase...."This is not your father's Oldsmobile."

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=1133&relPageId=547

Edited by Robert Howard