The Education Forum

Orion's Belt and The Pyramids in Giza (10,500BC)

Cigdem Göle

In the 1990s, a few egyptologists put forward the claim that the three major

pyramids in Giza were -intentionally- constructed in relation to the three stars

of the constellation of Orion as they appear in 10,500 BC.

Orion Correlation Theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_Correlation_Theory

The idea that the Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids and the Great Sphinx

to represent the positions of some stars in certain constellations (such as Leo

and Orion) is exciting, yet controversial.

Orion or Cygnus?

Below is a review of Andrew Collins's Book, Was Giza Constructed To Depict The

Constellation Of Cygnus? by Greg Little. Collins claims that the Great Sphinx

is perfectly aligned with the stars of the constellation Cygnus.

http://www.mysterious-america.net/hallofrecordsa.html

Hi Cigdem,

Another good book on this is “Fingerprints of the Gods” by Graham Hancock. It is about 800 pages, very informative and has some very interesting theories.

Some info (among others) I found particularly interesting were:

The Great Pyramid of Giza (Khufu) has a true height of 481.3949 feet, it has a base perimeter of 3023.16 feet which is a ratio of 2pi (the same as a circles radius to its circumference). It weighs approximately 6 million tons consisting of approximately 2.3 million blocks weighing anywhere between 2.5 tons and 15 tons.

It has a base perimeter ratio of 1:43,200 to the equatorial circumference of the Earth, it has a similar ration (to within less than 1 foot) of 1:43,200 from its height to the polar radius. This Hancock states is no coincidence “The ratio itself seems to provide that confirmation, for the simple reason that 43,200 is not a random number (like, say, 45,000 or 47,000 or 50,500 or 38,800). On the contrary it is one of a series of numbers and multiples of those numbers, which relate to the phenomenon of precession of the equinoxes...”

This displays ancient knowledge of both pi and precession many thousands of years before it became more commonly known and certainly explainable (Sir Isaac Newton was among the first to explain and demonstrate that precession results from the non-spherical shape of the earth in the seventeenth century).

There is also significant information that seems to demonstrate that the Earth was mapped possibly many thousands of years ago and in particular a map published by Philippe Bauche in 1737 (that Hancock believes was based on lost ancient source maps).

According to Hancock, “What Bauche gives us is an eerily precise representation of Antarctica as it must have looked when there was no ice on it at all.” He goes on to point out that “His map reveals the subglacial topography of the entire continent (Antarctica), which we did not have full knowledge of until 1958”.

On the whole he raises some deeply interesting points and I am glad I read it and intend to read it again in the New Year despite the fact the author acknowledges subsequent flaws in two of his ‘theories’ - actually I liked this because he was willing to admit when he had indeed made a 'proven' mistake, one of which was related to some inscriptions inside one of the Pyramids, that on examination (He was initially denied access by Egyptologists to examine these particular stones) proved to be inaccurate.

Thanks - Steve

In the 1990s, a few egyptologists put forward the claim that the three major

pyramids in Giza were -intentionally- constructed in relation to the three stars

of the constellation of Orion as they appear in 10,500 BC.

Orion Correlation Theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_Correlation_Theory

The idea that the Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids and the Great Sphinx

to represent the positions of some stars in certain constellations (such as Leo

and Orion) is exciting, yet controversial.

Orion or Cygnus?

Below is a review of Andrew Collins's Book, Was Giza Constructed To Depict The

Constellation Of Cygnus? by Greg Little. Collins claims that the Great Sphinx

is perfectly aligned with the stars of the constellation Cygnus.

http://www.mysterious-america.net/hallofrecordsa.html

Hi Steve,

I've heard Hancock's book but haven't read it, yet.

The information you posted is indeed interesting.

It reminded me of Zecharia Sitchin's books where he deals with Sumerian texts.

He also raises interesting points, especially in The Cosmic Code although you feel like you're reading

a science-fiction story for the most part.

Hi Cigdem,

It seems we really do have a few things in common. I first became aware of Zecharia Sitchin about 3 or 4 years ago and was very interested in some of his work especially Nibiru or Planet X. You are quite right though, it does take us into the Sci-Fi realm, which to be honest I did not mind because I have always been a sucker for a good Sci-Fi yarn.

The Sumerian culture is very interesting though and I intend to revisit that again next year, incidentally I believe Hancock mentions them when he is linking together common Gods worshipped by different cultures who technically could not have known about each others existence.

One of the most interesting aspects of all this for me is, just how little we know about our ancient past and what meanings should we take from what we do know. Any thoughts on what is going to happen in December 2012?

Thanks - Steve

Hi Steve,

I've heard Hancock's book but haven't read it, yet.

The information you posted is indeed interesting.

It reminded me of Zecharia Sitchin's books where he deals with Sumerian texts.

He also raises interesting points, especially in The Cosmic Code although you feel like you're reading

a science-fiction story for the most part.

Steve,

I don't have any idea of what's going to happen on 12 December 2012 or 21 December 2012 (end of the Mayan calender).

We'll wait and see.

One of the things I find very interesting (as a linguist) in Sitchin's The Cosmic Code is the connection between the words

Eridu, Earth, Erde (and many other words with the same meaning in different languages like Arz - old Turkish) and the

constellation Eridanus.

http://www.greatdreams.com/eridanus.htm

From Zecharia Sitchin's book 'The Cosmic Code', we find on page 42, "There was a time, the Sumerians told, when civilized Man was not yet on Earth, when animals were only wild and undomesticated and crops were not yet cultivated. At that long-ago time there arrived on Earth a group of fifty Anunnaki. Led by a leadere whose name was E.A. (meaning "whose home in water"), they journeyed from their home planet NIBIRU ("Planet of crossing") and reaching Earth, splashed down in the waters of the Persian Gulf. A text known to scholars as the 'myth" of EA and the Earth describes how that group waded ashore, finding themselves in a marshland. Their first task was to drain the marshes, clear river channels, check out food sources (found to be fish and fowl). They then egan to make bricks from the clay of the soil and established the first ever settlement on Earth by extraterrestrials. They named the habitat ERIDU, which meant "Home in the Farawa" or "Home away from home." That name is the origin of the name "earth" in soem of the oldest languages. The time: 445,000 years ago.

Edited by Cigdem Eksi

Hi Cigdem,

That is very interesting. I will have to add that to my next book purchasing list.

Thanks - Steve

Steve,

I don't have any idea of what's going to happen on 12 December 2012 or 21 December 2012 (end of the Mayan calender).

We'll wait and see.

One of the things I find very interesting (as a linguist) in Sitchin's The Cosmic Code is the connection between the words

Eridu, Earth, Erde (and many other words with the same meaning in different languages like Arz - old Turkish) and the

constellation Eridanus.

http://www.greatdreams.com/eridanus.htm

From Zecharia Sitchin's book 'The Cosmic Code', we find on page 42, "There was a time, the Sumerians told, when civilized Man was not yet on Earth, when animals were only wild and undomesticated and crops were not yet cultivated. At that long-ago time there arrived on Earth a group of fifty Anunnaki. Led by a leadere whose name was E.A. (meaning "whose home in water"), they journeyed from their home planet NIBIRU ("Planet of crossing") and reaching Earth, splashed down in the waters of the Persian Gulf. A text known to scholars as the 'myth" of EA and the Earth describes how that group waded ashore, finding themselves in a marshland. Their first task was to drain the marshes, clear river channels, check out food sources (found to be fish and fowl). They then egan to make bricks from the clay of the soil and established the first ever settlement on Earth by extraterrestrials. They named the habitat ERIDU, which meant "Home in the Farawa" or "Home away from home." That name is the origin of the name "earth" in soem of the oldest languages. The time: 445,000 years ago.

You might also like The 12th Planet by Sitchin.

His books are the most detailed ones on the Sumerian texts that I've read so far.

Of course, his interpretations of the texts are a subject of debate, especially his claims

about the connections of certain words that appear in the texts with modern languages.

Such as, Adamu (Sumerian for working slave) and Adam.

Whether what he claims is true or not, his books are indeed interesting to read.

Çiğdem