The Education Forum

I'm a Grandad!

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

Baby Girl, 6lbs 4ozs. Welcome to the World Rose May. Well done Nick and Sandra,and Grandma Lynne.

Guest Stephen Turner

Thanks for all your good wishes. Rose is now out of Hospital and making her presence known in no uncertain manner.

Thanks for all your good wishes. Rose is now out of Hospital and making her presence known in no uncertain manner.

Congratulations - you don't look old enough - or are you using your student railcard photo as an avatar??

Guest Stephen Turner

Congratulations - you don't look old enough - or are you using your student railcard photo as an avatar??

:lol: Thanks Andy, I'm a young 54, its all down to clean living and Monkey glands.

Baby Girl, 6lbs 4ozs. Welcome to the World Rose May. Well done Nick and Sandra,and Grandma Lynne.

You old bugger!

And many congratulations of course... :)

• 1 month later...

Congrats Steve

Congratulations. Welcome to the pleasures of being a grandad. I cannot explain just how much joy they bring to your life.

As the father of two girls with grandparents, grand-parenthood seems to me to in a sense be the best of both worlds, you get the joys of having little kids in your life without the work / responsibility / time commitment.

Congrats Steve

Congratulations. Welcome to the pleasures of being a grandad. I cannot explain just how much joy they bring to your life.

As the father of two girls with grandparents, grand-parenthood seems to me to in a sense be the best of both worlds, you get the joys of having little kids in your life without the work / responsibility / time commitment.

I would not agree that being a grandfather does not bring with it a sense of responsibility. For example, I am much more aware of possible problems when I am driving my grandsons than I was driving my daughter.

• 2 months later...
Guest John Gillespie

[/quote

Well done.