The Education Forum

Spurs v Liverpool

John Simkin

I have seen Spurs in a few pre-season games and fully expect them to beat Liverpool this afternoon. Could be by 3 clear goals.

Spurs completely outplayed Liverpool today. Keane should have scored a hat-trick in the first-half. The game against Spurs on Sunday will tell us a great deal about how far West Ham have improved.

I have seen Spurs in a few pre-season games and fully expect them to beat Liverpool this afternoon. Could be by 3 clear goals.

Spurs completely outplayed Liverpool today. Keane should have scored a hat-trick in the first-half. The game against Spurs on Sunday will tell us a great deal about how far West Ham have improved.

Oh to see life through London goggles :tomatoes:lol:

Oh to see life through London goggles :rolleyes::lol:

I am as much a Spurs fan as you are a Everton fan. I just like to tell it as it is. Yesterday, Spurs fully deserved to win. For example, Spurs had 11 shots on target against 3 for Liverpool. Spurs has 58% of the possession, etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/8198253.stm

Actually I have a soft spot for Everton (and its not a bog outside Runcorn). I've never gone for those childish territorial loyalties evident elsewhere. Have just been watching the match highlights on Liverpool TV and of course I differ with you about the match but understand the futility in expressing it. Your mind is very closed against non London clubs and it is not my role to attempt to open it. :lol:

I am as much a Spurs fan as you are a Everton fan. I just like to tell it as it is. Yesterday, Spurs fully deserved to win. For example, Spurs had 11 shots on target against 3 for Liverpool. Spurs has 58% of the possession, etc.

Actually I have a soft spot for Everton (and its not a bog outside Runcorn). I've never gone for those childish territorial loyalties evident elsewhere. Have just been watching the match highlights on Liverpool TV and of course I differ with you about the match but understand the futility in expressing it. Your mind is very closed against non London clubs and it is not my role to attempt to open it. :lol:

I watched the full-game on Sky rather than the high-lights. If your manager refuses to see the problems caused by tactics devised to deal with the effectiveness of Gerrard and Torres, then you will indeed struggle this season. You also missed Alonso in midfield. Every newspaper today report how Liverpool was outplayed. I do not support every team in London. I am from the East End and like every other West Ham fan, Spurs are always the team we most like to beat. Even so, I am not blind about Spurs' performances. They outplayed us in China and they will probably do the same against us on Sunday. Hopefully, not by as much as they did against Liverpool.

Guest Gary Loughran

Andy, seriously, there is no way you can remotely believe that Liverpool were in the game. It was as one sided a game as you'll get. S***s could've been 3 or 4 up at half time. Liverpool only had one shot on goal at this stage. Liverpool were played off the park...it's that simple. The best team won and won easily. Liverpool's only threat was of course when they brought on an ex-West Ham player (isn't everyone nowadays).

My wife and friends are fanatical about Liverpool and they were distraught at how easy it was for S***s. Fact is even their bench was far superior to yours.

None of this is to say that Liverpool will finish behind S***s (I don't think they will) - but only that Liverpool were done over by a better side on Sunday.

Andy, seriously, there is no way you can remotely believe that Liverpool were in the game. It was as one sided a game as you'll get. S***s could've been 3 or 4 up at half time. Liverpool only had one shot on goal at this stage. Liverpool were played off the park...it's that simple. The best team won and won easily. Liverpool's only threat was of course when they brought on an ex-West Ham player (isn't everyone nowadays).

My wife and friends are fanatical about Liverpool and they were distraught at how easy it was for S***s. Fact is even their bench was far superior to yours.

I am afraid Andy cannot apply logic to Liverpool. I suspect he will be even more upset if Stoke get a result against Liverpool tonight. After all, they managed two draws against them last season. We will then get rants from Liverpool's manager about Stoke not playing fair (too defensive, being good in the air, making hard tackles, B) etc.)

I am afraid Andy cannot apply logic to Liverpool.

This is the very clearest case of psychological projection I have ever seen.

As I pointed out earlier my comments on where West Ham would finish in the premier league were not based on logic.

Who is talking about West Ham?

Who is talking about West Ham?

What are you then talking about?

You said 'I am afraid Andy cannot apply logic to Liverpool.' and I accused you of projection. Confusing stuff clearly B)

I am afraid Andy cannot apply logic to Liverpool. I suspect he will be even more upset if Stoke get a result against Liverpool tonight. After all, they managed two draws against them last season. We will then get rants from Liverpool's manager about Stoke not playing fair (too defensive, being good in the air, making hard tackles, B) etc.)

Even by your standards a fairly poor prediction.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/last_match/match_report/