The Education Forum

West Ham 6 Birmingham 0

John Simkin

West Ham's reserves beat Birmingham City 6-0 last night. This included a Zavon Hines hat-trick and two from new signing Alessandro Diamanti (both stunning free kicks). I wonder if Zola will play Hines and Diamanti against Wigan on Saturday?

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=2700

Diamanti must be in with a chance of playing. I'd like to see Hines given an opportunity as he seems to be scoring for fun at the moment.

Managers seem reluctant to bring young players on too quickly so he may have to wait a while yet. Perhaps 20 minuts or so towards the end ?

Diamanti must be in with a chance of playing. I'd like to see Hines given an opportunity as he seems to be scoring for fun at the moment.

Managers seem reluctant to bring young players on too quickly so he may have to wait a while yet. Perhaps 20 minuts or so towards the end ?

This is one aspect of Zola's management I do not like. His idea of using substitutes is to bring on a different striker for five minutes at the end. That is what happened to Freddie Sears last season. I think this does more harm than good.