The Education Forum

Khaddafi at UN

Robert E. Cox

I haven't been listening to the entire speech, but I just heard Khaddafi, in the midst of his lengthy State-of-the-World tirade at the UN, refer to assassination of JFK. Seems he revisited the allegation that Israel, concerned that JFK was mucking about the issue of Israel's development of nuclear weapons, had a hand in the assassination, and also in the killing of Oswald by Ruby. Whether he was claiming any new knowledge, I couldn't tell. Perhaps somebody can get a quickie transcript of that section of his remarks.

It will be interesting to see if America's mainstream media pays any attention to the allegations, and whether the this old chestnut gets thrown back in the fire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last update - 00:00 12/06/2008

Gadhafi: Obama fears Israel will assassinate him like it did JFK

By Reuters

Tags: JFK assassination

Libyan leader Muammar Gadhafi said on Wednesday that U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's expressed support for Israel stems from his fear that the Mossad would assassinate him, just as it did President John F. Kennedy.

"We suspect he may fear being killed by Israeli agents and meet the same fate as Kennedy when he promised to look into Israel's nuclear program," Gadhafi said.

While the existence of Israeli nuclear weapons is widely assumed, Israeli officials have never admitted their existence and U.S. officials have stuck to that line in public.

Advertisement

Gadhafi saw a dark motive behind a recent speech by Obama in support of Israel. "Obama offered $300 billion in aid to Israel and more military support. He avoided talking about Israel's nuclear weapons," he said.

Gadhafi said Obama would have an "inferiority complex" because he is black and if elected he might "behave worse than whites."

"We fear that Obama will feel that, because he is black with an inferiority complex, this will make him behave worse than the whites," Gadhafi told a rally at a former U.S. military base on the outskirts of the Libyan capital Tripoli.

"This will be a tragedy," Gadhafi said. "We tell him to be proud of himself as a black and feel that all Africa is behind him because if he sticks to this inferiority complex he will have a worse foreign policy than the whites had in the past."

He was speaking before thousands of cheering supporters at a ceremony to celebrate the 38th anniversary of the departure of U.S. troops from Libya.

Gadhafi, known for his controversial statements, took power in 1969 in a military coup in his oil- and gas-rich North African state. He was shunned for decades by the West, which accused him of supporting terrorism.

His ties with Western countries have improved since Libya announced it was scrapping weapons of mass destruction programs in 2003 and agreed to pay compensation for families of victims of bombings of U.S. and French airliners.

Obama, the son of a Kenyan father and a white mother from Kansas, would be the first African American elected U.S. president. In his campaign he has largely eschewed the rhetoric of racial struggle and drawn support among blacks and whites.

Gadhafi said Obama should adopt a policy of supporting poor and weak peoples such as the Palestinians and be a friend of what he called free Arab peoples rather than U.S. "agents" in the Arab world who, he said, were hated by their own people.

"We still hope he will be proud of Africa and change America and free America of its past policy, namely with the Arabs," said Gadhafi.

Related articles:

Former pariah Libya becomes UN Security Council President

Israel says Libya unworthy of seat on UN Security Council

Libya stands by comparison of Nazi concentration camps, Gaza

Clinton 'regrets' Kennedy assassination reference in defending her candidacy< span>

Get Haaretz news headlines delivered daily to your inbox!

———— Click here to sign up for Haaretz newsletter ————

Bookmark to del.icio.us

It will be interesting to see if America's mainstream media pays any attention to the allegations

Yes, the folks on CNN had a good chuckle about the mention of the JFK assassination. They went into no detail, of course. They also said Khaddafi referred to the MLK assassination. Does he believe that the Mossad was involved in that too?

It will be interesting to see if America's mainstream media pays any attention to the allegations

Yes, the folks on CNN had a good chuckle about the mention of the JFK assassination. They went into no detail, of course. They also said Khaddafi referred to the MLK assassination. Does he believe that the Mossad was involved in that too?

I just want to know how to correctly spell his name.

I've seen Qadaffi, Khadaffi, Kadaffi and other variations, some in the same sentence.

BK

Ron Kampeas - Grassy knolls have gone to Qaddafi's head

http://blogs.jta.org/politics/article/2009...o-qaddafis-head

I'm listening to (suffering through) Muammar Qaddaffi's ramble to the United Nations General Assembly.

He's complained about jet lag, and hinted that his fatigue also has something to do with the fact that no one in the in the tri-state area wants to allow him to pitch his tent encampment. (It's how he travels.)

Then, he launched into the litany of Israeli "crimes" that should be investigated and counted among them Kennedy's assassination. Jack Ruby, he noted solemnly, offed Lee Harvey Oswald before the truth could be learned about JFK's plans to confront Israel over its nuclear reactor in Dimona.

I'll try to track down a transcript. It's hard to transcribe the interpreter's translation -- it's all over the place (and one suspects the interpreter is not at fault.)

[bK-Transcript still not available.]

Christian Science Monitor:

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/200...s-or-lowlights/

Libyan President Muammar Qaddafi’s rambling, 1-1/2 hour speech to the United Nations is proof that the man desperately needs a Twitter account.

Speaking directly after President Obama, President Qaddafi far exceeded his allotted 15 minutes and in the process seemed to be on a personal mission to wrest the crown of World’s Foremost Fount of Political Inanity from front-runners Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez.

In a speech cobbled together from pages of hand-written notes, he fulminated on topics as diverse as JFK’s assassination and swine flu. One blogger has already christened the speech the lowest point in the history of the United Nations.

Here are the high points:

1. ‘Our son’ Obama

Qaddafi extended his congratulations to “our son Obama” on the occasion of his first speech at UN.

“Obama is a glimpse in the darkness after four or eight years,” Qaddafi said. “We are content and happy if Obama can stay forever as president of the United States.”

2. UN Security Council Terror Council

“We are not committed to obeying or adhering to resolutions by the Security Council in its composition right now,” Qaddafi said. “It should not be called the Security Council, it should be called the ‘terror council.’ ”

3. Swine Flu: The capitalists made it

“The swine virus may have gotten out in the open after escaping from a laboratory. It may have been put together in a lab by the military…. We do sometimes make viruses in a laboratory and then they make viruses for capitalist companies who will make vaccinations and make money.”

4. Iraq war the ‘mother of all evils’

“Sixty-five aggressive wars took place without any collective action by the United Nations to prevent them,” Qaddafi said. He noted the Iraq war, in particular, as being “the mother of all evils.”

5. JFK killed because he wanted to investigate Israelis

“Why did this Israeli kill the killer of Jack Kennedy?” Qaddafi asked, after noting that Jack Ruby, “an Israeli,” killed Kennedy’s assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald. “The whole world should know that Kennedy wanted to investigate the nuclear reactor of the Israeli demon,” Qaddafi said.

Qaddafi also called for a reinvestigation into the assassination of the Martin Luther King Jr. “His killing was a plot, and we should know why he was killed and who killed him,” Qaddafi said.

6. UN should relocate to Libya

“You will thank me for not having to travel for 20 hours to this place.”

The White House on Qaddafi

“I think it was Qaddafi being Qaddafi,” Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said, as though Qaddafi was now a wide receiver for the Buffalo Bills.

In response to Qaddafi’s suggestion that Obama should rule the US forever, Gibbs deadpanned: “Leaving aside the amendments to the Constitution that the president agrees with wholeheartedly, it would be an interesting concept to continue being president beyond one’s natural-born life.”

Edited by William Kelly

I've seen Qadaffi, Khadaffi, Kadaffi and other variations, some in the same sentence.

And is it Koran or Quran? Osama or Usama? (No one calls Obama Ubama. Why is that?)

President Obama sat at the UN Security Council meeting near Col. Kadaffi, the Irish delegate sitting between them, and the Isralie delegate sitting next to him, so at the end of the official meeing Obama suggested they continue their discussions off the records over a few beers at P.J. Clarke’s.

This is a partial transcript of an NSA intercept of what they said.

Obama: “I don’t think we can solve all the world’s problems over a few beers, but we can get to know each other better, share our opinions, have a good time, and maybe change each other a little bit so we can learn to compromise and solve problems without resorting to violence and war.”

Khadafi: “You call sitting around drinking beer and having to go outside to smoke is having a good time? My son, let me set up my tent up in your backyard and I will show you a good time.”

Irish delegate: “You smoke in your tent? You come visit us in Ireland and you can set up your tent, mate. And bring a lot of money because we want reparations for all the maiming, death and destruction you caused by giving the IRA plastic explosives.”

Isralie: “Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. The Irish get plastic explosives from the Libyans, blow themselves up with it, and now they want the Libyans to pay them restitution and reparations for providing the weapons they used to kill each other? I should have been a lawyer.”

Khadafi: “Yes. Exactly. That’s what I mean. We like the idea of restitutions, because we intend to seek restitution from the British Imperalists, Italian barbarians and Nazis invaders for their wonton destruction of Lyba over two centuries, and the Americans owe us reparations for enslaving Africans and providing us with the plastic explosives that we gave to the Irish. So ask for millions, whatever you want, and we’ll pay it because we will get even more from the British, Italians, Germans and Americans, who owe us trillions in restitution.”

Obama: “Now wait a minute guys, you can’t always look to me to bail you out. That wasn’t my CIA who gave Khadafi the plastic explosives. You can’t hold me responsible for that, or we’ll have to seek restitution from the Swiss, who made the plastic explosives.”

Khadafi: “Ah, yes, the Swiss. There are No Swiss. They’re all either French, Italian or German, nobody’s Swiss. Swiss should be done away with, dissolved, broken up and distributed among the French, Italians and Germans.”

Obama: “But then we couldn’t seek restitution from them, and the whole scheme falls apart.”

Irish delegate: “Kadaffi, you really got a kid named Hanibal, who beats his servants?”

Obama: “Well as you know, I have two daughters, who I’m sure will be giving me plenty of trouble when they get to be teenagers too.”

Irish delegate: “So in retaliation for your son Hanibal being embarrassed at a Swiss hotel, you cut off all oil shipments to Switzerland, bring the country to its economic knees, and they kiss your arse to be friends again? That’s awesome. Did your son learn that at the London School of Economics?”

Isralie: “I hope you tought your son some manners, or to be more gentle with his servants and slaves, at least in public.”

Khadafi: “Manners! You talk to me about Manners? After you killed JFK because he wanted to stop you from making nuclear weapons.”

Isralie: “Nuclear weapons? We don’t have any such thing. You’re a lunatic. I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Obama: “Gentlemen, gentlemen, settle down now. Let’s go out in the alley, share a butt, and let things calm down a little bit before they get out of hand.”

Khadafi: “See, if we were in my tent, we wouldn’t have to go outside for a smoke, and we could solve all the world’s problems while having a really good time.”

According to AFP (found on a site called "The Raw Story" -- http://bit.ly/19N3Dn), there isn't much agreement:

GADDAFI? QADDAFI? KADHAFY?

Gaddafi's appearance at the UN has stirred a long-running debate in the corridors of America's newsrooms: How do you spell the man's name?

"Library of Congress recognizes 112 different spellings of the name of the Libyan leader," ABC's Jake Tapper Tweeted Wednesday. "ABC News just ruled: Moammar Gadhafi."

That spelling agrees with the Associated Press spelling, but differs from the New York Times and Bloomberg news service -- "Qaddafi" -- and AFP, which spells it "Khadafi."

RAW STORY has settled on "Gaddafi," for the simple reason that it gets the most hits in Web searches.

-- Daniel Tencer, with AFP

I didn't see CBS, but ABC and NBC both made quick passing references to it on last night's broadcasts. On MSNBC's "Countdown," guest host Lawrence O'Donnell totally missed the point, saying Khadafi "proceeded to attack the USA for ...the JFK assassination."

Not true, according to the Christian Science Monitor (http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2009/09/23/qaddafi-un-speech-six-highlights-or-lowlights/), which reported:

“Why did this Israeli kill the killer of Jack Kennedy?” Qaddafi asked, after noting that Jack Ruby, “an Israeli,” killed Kennedy’s assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald. “The whole world should know that Kennedy wanted to investigate the nuclear reactor of the Israeli demon,” Qaddafi said.

It appears that this stems from the allegations of Mordechai Vanunu, the nuke technician who the Israelis locked up for 18 years and released a few years ago. I've seen no reference in current reporting to Vanunu's allegation -- that Israel was behind the assassination because JFK was exerting pressure on Israel to shed light on the Dimona nuclear plant.

Sounds like Khadafi has taken the Vanunu tale and deduced/decided/fantasized that Ruby, because he was a jew, was working for the Israelis.

Well, according to what what's-his-name, the leader of Libya, said, he believes that Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated JFK, but that Israel was behind the assassination of Oswald. It's unclear how that would have stopped JFK was giving Israel trouble, since JFK was already dead.

It's too bad that the mainstream media didn't surround what's-his-name as he left the UN to question him about this. You know, the mainstream media being so interested in who killed JFK and all.

Doesn't anybody think this is even a little bit amusing?

President Obama sat at the UN Security Council meeting near Col. Kadaffi, the Irish delegate sitting between them, and the Isralie delegate sitting next to him, so at the end of the official meeing Obama suggested they continue their discussions off the records over a few beers at P.J. Clarke’s.

This is a partial transcript of an NSA intercept of what they said.

Obama: “I don’t think we can solve all the world’s problems over a few beers, but we can get to know each other better, share our opinions, have a good time, and maybe change each other a little bit so we can learn to compromise and solve problems without resorting to violence and war.”

Khadafi: “You call sitting around drinking beer and having to go outside to smoke is having a good time? My son, let me set up my tent up in your backyard and I will show you a good time.”

Irish delegate: “You smoke in your tent? You come visit us in Ireland and you can set up your tent, mate. And bring a lot of money because we want reparations for all the maiming, death and destruction you caused by giving the IRA plastic explosives.”

Isralie: “Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. The Irish get plastic explosives from the Libyans, blow themselves up with it, and now they want the Libyans to pay them restitution and reparations for providing the weapons they used to kill each other? I should have been a lawyer.”

Khadafi: “Yes. Exactly. That’s what I mean. We like the idea of restitutions, because we intend to seek restitution from the British Imperalists, Italian barbarians and Nazis invaders for their wonton destruction of Lyba over two centuries, and the Americans owe us reparations for enslaving Africans and providing us with the plastic explosives that we gave to the Irish. So ask for millions, whatever you want, and we’ll pay it because we will get even more from the British, Italians, Germans and Americans, who owe us trillions in restitution.”

Obama: “Now wait a minute guys, you can’t always look to me to bail you out. That wasn’t my CIA who gave Khadafi the plastic explosives. You can’t hold me responsible for that, or we’ll have to seek restitution from the Swiss, who made the plastic explosives.”

Khadafi: “Ah, yes, the Swiss. There are No Swiss. They’re all either French, Italian or German, nobody’s Swiss. Swiss should be done away with, dissolved, broken up and distributed among the French, Italians and Germans.”

Obama: “But then we couldn’t seek restitution from them, and the whole scheme falls apart.”

Irish delegate: “Kadaffi, you really got a kid named Hanibal, who beats his servants?”

Obama: “Well as you know, I have two daughters, who I’m sure will be giving me plenty of trouble when they get to be teenagers too.”

Irish delegate: “So in retaliation for your son Hanibal being embarrassed at a Swiss hotel, you cut off all oil shipments to Switzerland, bring the country to its economic knees, and they kiss your arse to be friends again? That’s awesome. Did your son learn that at the London School of Economics?”

Isralie: “I hope you tought your son some manners, or to be more gentle with his servants and slaves, at least in public.”

Khadafi: “Manners! You talk to me about Manners? After you killed JFK because he wanted to stop you from making nuclear weapons.”

Isralie: “Nuclear weapons? We don’t have any such thing. You’re a lunatic. I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Obama: “Gentlemen, gentlemen, settle down now. Let’s go out in the alley, share a butt, and let things calm down a little bit before they get out of hand.”

Khadafi: “See, if we were in my tent, we wouldn’t have to go outside for a smoke, and we could solve all the world’s problems while having a really good time.”

1.Obama's first speech to UN (transcript) - International ...

... on Wednesday to the United Nations General Assembly. Below is the full transcript of Obama's speech as prepared for ... Gaddafi blasts big powers in first U.N. speech ...

http://www.ibtimes.com/.../obamas-...-transcript.htm - 54k -

http://www.ibtimes.com/.../obamas-...-transcript.htm

will someone Enable the links thanks..THEY will not work for moi...B

b B)

Edited by Andy Walker

1.Obama's first speech to UN (transcript) - International ...

... on Wednesday to the United Nations General Assembly. Below is the full transcript of Obama's speech as prepared for ... Gaddafi blasts big powers in first U.N. speech ...

ibtimes.com/.../obamas-first-speech-un-transcript.htm - 54k -

ibtimes.com/.../obamas-first-speech-un-transcript.htm

will someone Enable the links thanks..THEY will not work for moi...B

b :lol:

It appears that Gaddafi's personal translator collapsed before the end of the speech and its' taking awhile to get this properly translated.

http://www.jananews.ly/Index.aspx?Language=1

Ha, ha, the jokes on us.

While we're waiting, maybe we could read a transcript of Fidel Castro's UN speech. Is there a link to that?

BK