The Education Forum

Louis Steven Witt : Umbrella Man

I agree that Witt isn't the UM, but instead someone the CIA coached into perjuring himself for the benefit of the HSCA.

I half agree with you Christopher... I don't believe Witt was the Umbrella man. I'll fully agree with you if you can explain why the CIA coached him into saying completely the wrong story.

Umbrella man is clearly standing still with the Umbrella open Yet he told the HSCA "I think I got up and started fiddling with that umbrella trying to get it open, and at the same time I was walking forward, walking toward the street".

He has a clear view of the President. yet he told the HSCA he didn't see "because of this thing (the umbrella) in front of me....My view of the car during that length of time was blocked by the umbrella's being open".

Why would the CIA coach someone to tell completely the wrong story ?

I think that the CIA found Witt to take the fall as the UM.

I don't think that it gave him the rather amateurish and changing explanation.

Perhaps the CIA fed him parts of it, but the CIA didn't give him an inconsistent and shifting story.

Some people are good liars and others can't keep a story straight.

I suspect that Witt falls into the latter category.

If you read "Plausible Denial" by Mark Lane, you get the impression that lying comes easier to some CIA types than simply telling the truth.

Understandibly, these guys have to live a lie when they work undercover, so I would say that it comes naturally.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI BRIAN....

THERE IS MUCH ON THE WEB AND HERE ON THE THROAT SHOT COMING FROM THE FRONT FROM THE SOUTH SIDE AREA OF THE OVERPASS..IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO MARY FARRELL'S SITE THERE IS DOUG WELDON'S DEEP RESEARCH WITHIN..FYI......ALSO PUBLISHED WITHIN DR.FETZER'S BOOK ....WHICH CAN BE BOUGHT VERY REASONABLY USED....I DO HAVE THE MF LINK TO DOUG'S WILL FIND IT AND POST FOR YOU IF YOU CANNOT ACCESS......THE W/C S POSITION WAS ONLY 3 SHOTS ALL FROM THE TSBD AS YOU KNOW....AFTER IT PAST THE TSBD..ONE MISSING...ONE ENTERING THE BACK OF JFKS NECK AND EXITING HIS THROAT EVEN THOUGH THE TRAJECTORY WAS IMPOSSIBLE.....IT THEN ENTERED CONNALLY'S BACK SNAPPED OFF A RIB BROKE HIS RIGHT WRIST AND LODGING IN HIS LEFT THIGH...EVEN THOUGH CONNALLY DISAGREED WITHIN HIS TESTIMONY AND HE WAS THERE AND RECEIVED SUCH AND WAS A HUNTER.....THE 3RD SHOT THEN ENTERINGTHE BACK OF JFK'S HEAD CAUSING A FATAL INJURY.....AND NO SHOTS COMING FROM THE FRONT AS PER THE W/C.,SIMPLE NO..!! NO..IMO...THE EVIDENCE AS GIVEN WITHIN THE W/C THE TESTIMONY OF WITNESSES AND ALSO THOSE WHO ARE NOT WITHIN..POINTS TO AN AMBUSH OF MANY SHOTS FROM PERHAPS SEVERAL POINTS.......FORREST SORRELL'S THE SS AGENT IN CHARGE WHO DROVE THE ROUTE A FEW days before stated '' someone wanting to get the president of the united states could do it with a high powered rifle (which the m/c was not...)...could do it from some building or some hillside ; MARTIN A HERO FOR OUR TIME PAGE 387...SORRELLS WAS IN THE LEAD CAR...AND WITHIN HIS TESTIMONY TO THE W/C WHEN HE HEARD THE FIRST REPORT HE TURNED AROUND TO LOOK UO ON THE TERRACE BECAUSE THE SOUND , SOUNDED LIKE IT CAME FROM BACK UP THERE..''BUT THE REORT SEEMED SO LOUD THAT IT SOUNDED LIKE TO ME IN OTHER WORDS THAT MY FIRST THOUGHT ' SOMEBODY UP ON THE TERRACE'' AND THAT IS THE REASON I LOOKED UP THERE...CHIEF CURRY ALSO IN THE LEAD CAR STATED A SHOT CAME FROM THE FRONT..SORRELLS ALSO SAID AT THE TIME HE NEVER LOOKED BACK UP AT THE BUILDING..VOL 7 P 338...ROY KELLERMAN SSSA IN CHARGE OF THE W/H SECURITY FOR THE TRIP WHO RODE IN THE SAME CAR AS JFK...STATED HE HEARD A FIRECRACKER TYPE NOISE,,AND THAT HE HEARD A VOICE FROM THE BACK THOUGH THE DOCS THOUGHT IT IMPOSSIBLE,,,,SAY '' MY GOD I'M HIT '' AS HE TURNED AROUND TO LOOK HE SAW THE PRESIDENT'S HANDS GO UP TO HIS THROAT...IN A CHOKING GESTURE...HE THEN STATED ''A FLURRY OF SHELLS COMING INTO THE CAR,,''HE ALSO DESCRIBED THE SECOND AND THIRD SHOTS AS SOUNDING LIKE AS A DOUBLE BANG...LIKE THAT OF A PLANE BREAKING THE SOUND BARRIER.....HEARINGS PAGE 78 VOL 11 THEN ALSO THERE IS RR INSPECTOR SAM HOLLAND AND THE RR MEN ON THE OVERPASS...SEE MARK LANE'S VIDEO.....FRANK REILLY OVERPASS AND SEVEN OTHERS I THINK....BOTH THE NEWMANS..ABE ZAPRUDER HIMSELF WHO PUTS A SHOT FROM BEHIND HIM FROM HIS RIGHT STANDING ON THE PEDESTAL...THESE WITNESSES CO-ORDINATE WITH SO MANY OTHERS I DO NOT THINK WE CAN POSSIBLY IGNORE THEM ALL.....INCLUDING DPD OFFICER MARSHALL AS WELL AS ANOTHER SS LANDIS.......PERSONALLY DO I NOW THINK A DART HIT HIM IN THE THROAT NO.....BUT I HAVE BEEN PRESENTING OTHER'S RESEARCH WHICH .IS AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE'S PERUSAL...WAS SUCH A WEAPON AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CIA YES...DO I THINK HE WAS HIT BY A SS FROM WITHIN THE CAR NO.,BUT I DO WONDER IF THE UMBRELLA MAN AND DCM WERE SIGNALING FOR WHOMEVER WAS UP ON THE KNOLL OR WHEREVER TO FIRE....HE WAS THERE WITHIN RANGE AND A PRIME TARGET....FIRE AND THEY DID...ALSO SEE THE YELLOW PAINT MARKINGS ON THE CURB SIDES MARKING WITHIN THE AREA WHERE HE WAS HIT....FROM MORE THAN ONE SITE..IMO....THERE WERE ALSO OTHER EXAMPLES WITHIN DEALEY OF HITS THAT WERE IGNORED AND THEN COVERED UP ALSO....COUNTING MANY MORE THAN THE W/C'S FARCE OF JUST 3...PERHAPS YOU WOULD BE INTERESTRED IN PAUL RIGBY'S WORK....HE ALSO HAS A THEORY SIMILAR TO YOURS..THAT THE SS SHOT JFK.FROM WITHIN THE LIMO...WHICH IMO IS TOO EACH THEIR OWN AND I DO RESPECT WITHOUT THROWING CRUMMY OR NASTY REMARKS IN ANY WAY...PERHAPS SHOWING THEIR L.R BELIEFS..BECAUSE I DIFFER MEANS I SIMPLY HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION AND I CERTAINLY COULD BE IN ERROR AGAIN..BUT I REALIZE YOUR WORK AND RESEARCH THAT YOU AND OTHERS HAVE PUT INTO SUCH AND I DO AND THAT SHOULD BE RESPECTED AS I ALSO DO WITH THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN THE DART THEORY......SO FOR NOW THANKS FOR THE COME BACK..THIS HAS IMO BEEN A VERY INTERESTING THREAD.....BEST B..

RON...SOME WILL DO AND HAVE ANYTHING FOR MONEY EVEN STAND AT A CURBSIDE AND WATCH A PARADE,,,THANKS JAMES FOR THE INPUT......PETER NO BOOK.....PERHAPS SOME DAY A CD OR SUCH I COULD NEVER AUTHOR A BOOK THE LANGUAGE IN PARTS WOULD BE SHALL WE SAY TOO COLOURFUL TO EVER PASS..

Hi Bernice, and thanks. I will see if I can find Paul Rigbys article.

See you

Brian

Thanks Bernice, for the pics of OZ in front of the ITM.

The film i refer to has OZ handing a leaflet to a DCM coming from the left of the screen to the right in front of the light pole. Seemingly a normal passerby. And maybe he is.

But he looks a lot like the DCM in Dealy Plaza.

He is not shown in any of the pics you posted.

Looking at the pic showing the ITM, the film camera would have been located to the right of the doors pointing at the corner capturing OZ walking towards the light pole to give a leaflet to a DCM coming from across the street and just getting up onto the curb and walking out of the shot.

Maybe its nothing.

Thanks again for the pics.

jim

The film i refer to has OZ handing a leaflet to a DCM coming from the left of the screen to the right in front of the light pole. Seemingly a normal passerby. And maybe he is.

Looking at the pic showing the ITM, the film camera would have been located to the right of the doors pointing at the corner capturing OZ walking towards the light pole to give a leaflet to a DCM coming from across the street and just getting up onto the curb and walking out of the shot.

Maybe its nothing.

jim

YOUR WELCOME JIM..IS THIS THE RUSH FILM THAT YOU ARE SPEAKING OF OR ?? ASTHERE WERE TWO TAKEN BY TOURISTS AND 3 BY WDSU TV..IS IT ON THE YOU TUBE AND OR AVAILABLE..HERE ARE A COUPLE MORE FRAMES BUT I DO NOT SEE HIM I DON'T BELIEVE I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY AS YOU DESCRIBE HIM STEPPING UP ON THE CURB AND LHO HANDING HIM A LEAFLET..I WILL EMAIL A CONTACT ONE NEVER KNOWS......BUT........BEST B..

Bernice,

It sounds as if this may be the one Jim is describing.

chris

The film i refer to has OZ handing a leaflet to a DCM coming from the left of the screen to the right in front of the light pole. Seemingly a normal passerby.

And maybe he is.

Maybe its nothing.

jim

YOUR WELCOME JIM..IS THIS THE RUSH FILM THAT YOU ARE SPEAKING OF OR ?? ASTHERE WERE TWO TAKEN BY TOURISTS AND 3 BY WDSU TV..IS IT ON THE YOU TUBE AND OR AVAILABLE..HERE ARE A COUPLE MORE FRAMES BUT I DO NOT SEE HIM I DON'T BELIEVE I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY AS YOU DESCRIBE HIM STEPPING UP ON THE CURB AND LHO HANDING HIM A LEAFLET..I WILL EMAIL A CONTACT ONE NEVER KNOWS......BUT........BEST B..

Bernice,

It sounds as if this may be the one Jim is describing.

it certainly does da chrisman dude it again..... :lol: MANY THANKS..FROM WHAT FILM CHRIS.. ??

chris

The film i refer to has OZ handing a leaflet to a DCM coming from the left of the screen to the right in front of the light pole. Seemingly a normal passerby.

And maybe he is.

Maybe its nothing.

jim

Edited by Bernice Moore

Thanks Chris-------Thats the one. I've never seen a pic just the film.

After seeing your great pic it appears that this DCM is too short to be be the DP DCM as he seems to be about Oz"s height unless he has not stepped up on the curb yet and is still at street level while OZ is up on the sidewalk.

Yes, I think this fellow is not as lanky as the DP DCM.

Does anyone out there have another opinion?

Thanks too, to you Bernice for all your work.

jim

UNSUB DCM NO (post #69) looks like his body language is natural, given he knows he's wandering in front of a news lens. The hat is tempting but the profile seems off, from what we can see of it. Shoulders seem more athletic, man possibly younger than UNSUB DCM DP.

Edited by David Andrews

post-632-1255484576.jpg

There are a number of problems with this;

-this is a right handed, poly fiber, belt saddled, quick release holster.

-the gun and the holster in this picture did not exist in 1963.

While a loose fitting shoulder holster might sit like this, it could be a beer bottle, a rolled up magazine, a small flashlight.

I am sorry to say, but while these two are quite suspicious, the ideas of a dart/flechette firing umbrellas, multiple signalmen...none of it holds up.

It's like planning a surprise party:

The fewer that know the better...

One of the things I find surprising by contributors here is that in one thread, the suspension of disbelief used for one facet of this "investigation" and then ignored for another facet..

Lets ask a few questions:

You are part of a professional hit team with a highly visible target in a very visible place. You do NOT want to get caught, nor do you want anyone else tying you to the crime.

-Would you get and old guy to drop his hat as a signal?

-Would you get a guy to raise an umbrella?

-Would you get a Cuban looking fellow to stand in the street and wave?

-Would you put your other assets in a position where they could be photographed in a location you already know will be covered somewhat by people with cameras? A random variable like that? Then possibly detained/interrogated and the conspirators identified?

All one needs to do is look into how spotters and snipers work.

Two men. A shooter and a spotter. They know each other. They may not know any other teams. Probably better if they don't. Secure position with easy outs.

Low visibility. A disposable weapon. Job done, see ya later.

That is how that is done. Not "lets throw a party and invite 50 people to shoot the Prez!"

And as for drainpipes and a limo with hidden compartments, these are the results the overactive imaginations of some people who will invent a need where none is.

A professional hit team would be light and lean. In and out. Thanks goodbye.

If these UM/DCM theories were plausible, I would lean more towards the theory that this wasn't professional to the point of perfection but rather perpetrated by idiots of the highest caliber: stand in the road, invite 40 people to pull it off, leave questions everywhere that preclude the patsy....

the sheer stupidity of it is overwhelming...

(Sorry to ramble on here..)

I just think a large number of these theories are overdone. If you were going to steal a roast from your neighbors freezer, you wouldn't go to all this effort. You walk over, wait until the coast is clear , steal the roast and leave. Bad analogue I know, but when you change the conditions, the whole thing seems ludicrous. Roast Spotter man, Basting the roast man with baster, Babushka Roast Woman, Roast alteration evidence...

It's too complicated and contains far tooo many variables.

END RANT...

Bernice,

egedsh.jpg

thank you very much.

thanks blair i am EXTREMLY Aware.i have bad hands arms and shoulders and neck from osteo and it is much easier for me when i get into one of these threads for repeat postings to do so with the caps locks on....it goes along with the ....aw those ole grey bones on one old grey mare hopefully not you as time goes by but??perhaps you will see ..take good care B

Edited by Bernice Moore

Bernice,

egedsh.jpg

thank you very much.

thanks blair i am EXTREMLY VERY aware..i have bad hands arms and shoulders from osteo and it is much easier for me when i get into one of these threads for repeat postings to do so with the caps locks on....it goes along with the ....aw those ole grey bones that creep up on all..hopefully not you as time goes by...but ? perhaps you will see ..take good care B

Sorry Bernice,

that came off looking meaner than i meant it too. It was more in fun than a mean jab....

I am sorry to hear about your osteo...

While I may not agree with everything, I do enjoy your posts...

:lol:

thank you Blair no offense meant none taken and heavens not all agree nor I amongst all , to each there own makes this all continue...forever ?? hopefully not..perhaps one day then we can all go home and get back to other pursuits and interests and sell all the books and retain back much more room within our abodes for ourselves...b..

Edited by Bernice Moore