The Education Forum

Abraham Zapruder and Jeanne LeGon

John Simkin

Thanks for that Robert.

Tom,

I provided an URL in my previous post but apparently you can’t link directly to pages on the site. To see the page you’ll need to

1) Sign up:

http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Register/F...Membership.aspx

OR

Login if you’re already a member

http://www.newspaperarchive.com/ForgotPassword.aspx

2) Go to the ‘Advanced Search page

http://www.newspaperarchive.com/AdvanceSearch.aspx

3) Enter “the exact phrase” Jennifer Juniors and the being year to any before 1953 and the end year to any 1952 – 62

4) Click on the link

In the mean time here’s a screen print for those of you who aren’t members or aren't logged in

jenniferjuniors1952.jpg

The record seems to show that Zapruder was a cofounder of "Jennifer Juniors, Inc.", chartered in August, 1954.

Have you seen the document or an image of it or are you just taking the word of the anonymous Wikipedia author who said this? S/he could have 1) made it up 2)gotten the info from an unreliable source or 3) seen some another document from that year and mistook it for a charter.

If you're interested enough you could take the IRT/IND/5/7/104 to the NYPL and look up the appropriate pages of the August 13, 1954, and July 17, 1956 issues of the DMN or shell out $10 to read the latter in the comfort of your home.

Len's and Robert's posts, along with their 1952 Connor's ad image, supported by the dates included in the BC/Yukon Zapruder Shriner's bio, influence me to wonder if the description of Jeanne Le Gon and Zapruder working together at Nardis in 1953, needs to be rewritten or at least reexamined.

Pretty obviously someone who had a company established enough to be selling to a mini department store chain hundreds of miles from its base is not going be simultaneously working as a cutter for a rival.My guess is someone stumbled on the coincidence the two worked for the same company and let their imagination get away with them and/or the infomutatedafter various retellings.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty obviously someone who had a company established enough to be selling to a mini department store chain hundreds of miles from its base is not going be simultaneously working as a cutter for a rival.My guess is someone stumbled on the coincidence the two worked for the same company and let their imagination get away with them and/or the infomutatedafter various retellings.

According to Edward Jay Epstein's book, Legend (1978) Jenni De Mohrenschildt established herself in Dallas "as a dress designer of some note."

According to Edward Jay Epstein's book, Legend (1978) Jenni De Mohrenschildt established herself in Dallas "as a dress designer of some note."

What did he base that on?

So perhaps he might have known her or known of her. To infer from that he might have known De Mohrenschildt let alone been close enough to him to have been "in on it" is quite a stretch.

Guest Tom Scully

So perhaps he might have known her or known of her. To infer from that he might have known De Mohrenschildt let alone been close enough to him to have been "in on it" is quite a stretch.

Len,

I thought you posted that you read the excerpt of Jeanne's WC testimony I posted. She stated under oath that she was a designer of some notoriety, and gave no impression that she was a cutter of patterns designed by others. She stated that she was a;ready recognized for her talent in New Yoirk and in Europe before she moved to Dallas.

Also, I had no difficulty reading the 1952 Connor's ad Robert posted, and I even posted a source, in response, describing the startup year of Zapruder's business as in 1949....

Edited by Tom Scully

When she appeared before the Warren Commission, Eugenia Fomenko/Jeanne LeGon/Jeanne de Mohrenschildt, gave a very detailed history of her employment record.

In 1938, on her arrival in the US, Jeanne found work with Martins Fashion Apparel Store in Brooklyn. According to her own account: "within 1 year, from modeling, from 25, I became in charge of the showroom, I was selling, I was selecting fabrics, and became a stylist.... the very same firm paid me to design a collection for them." She later worked for Bloom and Eagen, Lombardy Coat Company and Leeds Coats.

In the summer of 1953 Jeanne LeGon moved to Dallas where she was employed by Nardis Sportswear: "It was $20,000 a year, plus two trips to Europe, with expenses paid." In April 1954 she relocated to California where she worked for Style Garments. In 1955 she returned to Dallas and designed dresses for Handmacher Vogel. The following year she met George de Mohrenschildt. When Robert LeGon discovered what was going on, he wrote a letter to the FBI accussing her of being a "communist spy". This resulted in the FBI making inquiries about her political activities.

According to Priscilla Johnson McMillan: "After Jeanne started seeing George de Monhrenschildt, Robert LeGon came twice to Dallas. He is said to have gone after his wife's admirer with a revolver, then hired a private detective. But, like so many others before him, he succumbed to the De Mohrenschildt charm. He declared that he would grant his wife a divorce on one condition - that De Mohrenschildt promise to marry her."

Jeanne continued to get a lot of work designing clothes. In 1956 she worked for Leeds Coats and the following year she was employed by Judy Bond, Nancy Greer and Jack Rothenberg in Dallas.

Abraham Zapruder arrived in the US from Russia in 1920. In the 1920s he found work in the Garment District of Manhatten as a clothing pattern maker. In 1941 Zapruder moved to Dallas to work for Nardis, a local sportswear company.

As you can see, Zapruder and LeGon worked in the garment industry at the same time in two different places: New York City (1938-1941) and Dallas (1953-60).

So far the best account of Zapruder's work record appears in this Gregory Burnham article:

Gregory Burnham, Amazing Web Of Abraham Zapruder: The Man Who Filmed JFK's Assassination:

http://www.john-f-kennedy.net/amazingwebof...hamzapruder.htm

The following may be of interest to those who would seek a glimpse at the beginning, even though it tends to raise questions about the only piece of evidence that we know is real, intact, unaltered, and 100% without blemish. Qualities that are curiously absent from the character of the one who filmed it...

Consider:

Abraham Zapruder-White Russian affiliation, 32nd degree Mason, active MEMBER of 2 CIA Proprietary Organizations: The Dallas Council On World Affairs and The Crusade For A Free Europe;

These two organizations were CIA (backed) Domestic Operations in Dallas whose membership included:

Abraham Zapruder, Clint Murchison (owner of the Dallas Cowboys at that time) , Mr. Byrd, (owner of the Texas School Book Depository), Sarah Hughes, who swore LBJ in as the 36th President while Air Force One was still on the ground in Dallas, George DeMohrenschildt, (CIA contract agent AND best friend of LHO), George Bush (also close friend of George DeMohrenschildt), Neil Mallon, (mentor that Bush named his son, Neil, after), H.L. Hunt, & Demitri Von Mohrenschildt (George D's brother).

In 1953 and 1954 a woman named, Jeanne LeGon worked SIDE by SIDE with Abraham Zapruder at a high end clothing design firm called, Nardis of Dallas. Jeanne LeGon designed the clothing and Abraham Zapruder cut the patterns and the material for her.

Incidentally, Abraham Zapruder's obituary mis-states the date/year that he departed Nardis of Dallas, incorrectly citing 1949. The correct year was 1959, [the same year that his "partner in design" Jeanne LeGon became known as, Jean LeGon DeMohrenschildt... She had married Lee Oswald's BEST FRIEND (to be), CIA Contract Agent, George DeMohrenschildt!]

Len,

I thought you posted that you read the excerpt of Jeanne's WC testimony I posted. She stated under oath that she was a designer of some notoriety, and gave no impression that she was a cutter of patterns designed by others. She stated that she was a;ready recognized for her talent in New Yoirk and in Europe before she moved to Dallas.

Also, I had no difficulty reading the 1952 Connor's ad Robert posted, and I even posted a source, in response, describing the startup year of Zapruder's business as in 1949....

So it seems Epstein was correct. Perhaps Zapruder had heard of her perhaps he'd even met her, though no evidence to such effect has been posted. To leap from that possibility to the one suggested by John that he colluded with the man she married in 1959 is a lot of speculation with close to zero evidence

From Gregory Burnham (posted by John)

Incidentally, Abraham Zapruder's obituary mis-states the date/year that he departed Nardis of Dallas, incorrectly citing 1949. The correct year was 1959, [the same year that his "partner in design" Jeanne LeGon became known as, Jean LeGon DeMohrenschildt... She had married Lee Oswald's BEST FRIEND (to be), CIA Contract Agent, George DeMohrenschildt!]

Except we've already established that Zapruder's company was in business by 1952 and selling to department stores in small towns hundreds of miles away so the 1949 date is probably correct and the 1959 one definitely wrong.

Abraham Zapruder-White Russian affiliation, 32nd degree Mason, active MEMBER of 2 CIA Proprietary Organizations: The Dallas Council On World Affairs and The Crusade For A Free Europe;

No citation is provided given his false statement about when Z left Nardis his credebility on the subject is low

• 3 months later...

Question for Greg Burnham

You claimed without attribution that Zapruder and leGron "worked side by side" at Nardis and the former only left the company in 1959. What was your source for this information?

Also if you look over the previous posts on this thread you'll see that Jennifer Juniors, Zapruder company, was already well established in 1952 and thus:

• he obviously have never worked with LeGron who only joined the company in 1953
  • the 1949 commonly cited as the year he left Nardis is probably correct.

So I was wondering when you'd be issuing a retraction.

Also what was the basis for your claims:

- George DeM was a "CIA Contract Agent"

- Zapruder was a "32nd degree Mason, active MEMBER of 2 CIA Proprietary Organizations: The Dallas Council On World Affairs and The Crusade For A Free Europe"

Edited by Len Colby

You claimed without attribution that Zapruder and leGron "worked side by side" at Nardis and the former only left the company in 1959. What was your source for this information?

Also if you look over the previous posts on this thread you'll see that Jennifer Juniors, Zapruder company, was already well established in 1952 and thus:

• he obviously have never worked with LeGron who only joined the company in 1953

- Zapruder was a "32nd degree Mason, active MEMBER of 2 CIA Proprietary Organizations: The Dallas Council On World Affairs and The Crusade For A Free Europe"

Greg Burnham posts occasionally at JFKResearch, perhaps you'll address your question there?

Guest Tom Scully

Calling out Burnham amounts to barking up the wrong tree. http://www.ciajfk.com/harry.html

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?um=1&...damson+zapruder

Personals: Tales from the cryptic

- Dallas Morning News - NewsBank - Jul 24, 1992

... Zapruder from the years of 1942 to 1970; please contact Bruce Adamson, ... If I understood it right, Mr. Adamson has somehow linked Mr. Zapruder to the ...

Related web pages

Touching a chord, or out of touch?

- Dallas Morning News - NewsBank - Sep 4, 1992

"I have information that Jeanne Le Gon and Abraham Zapruder worked together and knew ... Copyrighted by Bruce Campbell Adamson, PO Box 91, Aptos, Calif. ...

Edited by Tom Scully

Greg Burnham posts occasionally at JFKResearch, perhaps you'll address your question there?

He just joined here but if you want to post the above on my behalf at the other forum go ahead.

Edited by Len Colby

Calling out Burnham amounts to barking up the wrong tree. http://www.ciajfk.com/harry.html
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?um=1&...damson+zapruder

Personals: Tales from the cryptic

- Dallas Morning News - NewsBank - Jul 24, 1992

... Zapruder from the years of 1942 to 1970; please contact Bruce Adamson, ... If I understood it right, Mr. Adamson has somehow linked Mr. Zapruder to the ...

Related web pages

Touching a chord, or out of touch?

- Dallas Morning News - NewsBank - Sep 4, 1992

"I have information that Jeanne Le Gon and Abraham Zapruder worked together and knew ... Copyrighted by Bruce Campbell Adamson, PO Box 91, Aptos, Calif. ...

Did Burnham cop that from Webberman or vice versa?When did the former write his book? Are you saying he should not be asked about the errors he promotes because he plagarized them from someone else?

First of all, it's LeGon -- there is no "R" in her name. My source for the spelling is easily researched. My source for the rest is a third party who claims to have worked there at that time, but wishes to remain anonymous. I apologize, but sources are sources--and this one has provided reliable information in the past. You can take it or leave it. However, another resercher offered me confirmation of same before I wrote the paper.

Are you seriously asking me to use claims made in this thread as your Cite to Authority? Sorry, but it don't work that way.

One must draw conclusions from evidence. I simply called a spade a spade:

"In an Agency memorandum dated April 13, 1977, contained in

George de Mohrenschildt's CIA file, Moore set forth facts to counter

a claim which had been recently made by WFAA-TV in Dallas that

Lee Harvey Oswald was employed by the CIA and that Moore knew

Oswald. In that memo, Moore is quoted as saying that according to

his records the last time he talked to George de Mohrenschildt was in

the fall of 1961. (84) Moore said that he had no recollection of any

conversation with de Mohrenschildt concerning Lee Harvey Oswald.

(85) The memo also noted that Moore recalled only two occasions

when he met de Mohrenschildt : First, in the spring of 1958 to discuss

the mutual interest the two couples had in mainland China ; and

-then in the fall of 1961 when the de Mohrenschildts showed films of

their Latin American walkingtrip. (86)

(35) Other documents in de Mohrenschildt's CIA file indicated more

contact between Moore and de Mohrenschildt than was stated in the

1977 memo by Moore. In a memorandum datedMay1, 1964, from Moore

to the Acting Chief of the Contacts Division of the CIA, Moore

stated that he had known George de Mohrenschildt and his wife since

1957, at which time Moore got biographical data on de Mohrenschildt

after de Mohrenschildt's trip to Yugoslavia for the International Cooperation

Administration. (87) Moore said also in that 1964 memo that

he saw de Mohrenschildt several times in 1958 and 1959. (88)

(36) De Mohrenschildt's CIA file contained several reports submitted

by de Mohrenschildt to the CIA on topics concerning Yugoslavia . (89)

, (37) In' an interview with the committee on March 14, 1978, Moore

,stated that he did interview de Mohrenschildt. in 1957 after the Yugoslavia

trip. (90) At that time Moore also indicated he had "periodic" 55 contact with

de Mohrenschildt for "debriefing" purposes over years after the that.(91)

Moore said that none of that contact or conversation with de Mohrenschildt

was related to Oswald ; Moore said that the allegations that de Mohrenschildt

asked Moore's "permission" to contact Oswald were false. (92)

Well, as you know, the Mason's tend to be very secretive especially at that level,

so good luck trying to prove (or disprove) it.

The Crusade for a Free Europe was a domestic CIA version of Radio Free Europe--

George's brother Dimitri was also very involved. I have an idea, do your own

research--draw your own conclusions--write your own paper. I have done mine and

don't feel the need to justify it to you. However, you are obviously free to reject it.

Good hunting--

GO_SECURE

monk

First of all, it's LeGon -- there is no "R" in her name. My source for the spelling is easily researched. My source for the rest is a third party who claims to have worked there at that time,

In other words your anonymous source that would have been at least in their 70s and recalling events that happened about 50 years earlier was unable to produce any evidence they actually worked at Nardis at the time.

but wishes to remain anonymous. I apologize, but sources are sources

Use of anonymous sources by legitimate journalists who’ve been vetted by a major news organization, have track records and whose sources are often known by their editors is already problematic. Normally the journalist would only use sources who they knew or had strong evidence was actually in a position to know what they claimed. But even in those situations they report the claims as being those of an unnamed source rather than as fact. So you can give up the journalist charadeWhat reason did they give for want to remain anonymous? Odd that of the 1000 of people who must have been aware of this only one said something anonymously to an obscure researcher decades after the fact.

"--and this one has provided reliable information in the past."

I don’t suppose you’d be wiling to give any examples of other information they’ve given you that you were able to confirm?

"You can take it or leave it. However, another resercher offered me confirmation of same before I wrote the paper."

I don’t suppose you’d be willing to tell us who that researcher was or on what basis he reached his conclusion?

Are you seriously asking me to use claims made in this thread as your Cite to Authority? Sorry, but it don't work that way.

It supposed to, you claimed he

1) only left Nardis in 1959

2) worked with LeGon cutting and sowing there

However ever several sources indicate he left to start his own company in 1949.This is confirmed by an ad showing Jeninfer Juniour was indeed not only in business in April 1952, a year before LeGon joined Nardis, but was established enough to be selling to a department store in a small town in Iowa. It strains credulity to believe that the owner of such a company would continue working a menial job and makes just as little sense Nardis would keep the owner of a rival company working along side one it top designers where he’d have access to trade secrets.

We also have 1956 newspaper articles indicting Jenifer Juniors was moving to larger premises which further undermine your 1st claim.

One must draw conclusions from evidence. I simply called a spade a spade:

"In an Agency memorandum dated April 13, 1977, contained in

George de Mohrenschildt's CIA file, Moore set forth facts to counter

a claim which had been recently made by WFAA-TV in Dallas that

Lee Harvey Oswald was employed by the CIA and that Moore knew

Oswald. In that memo, Moore is quoted as saying that according to

his records the last time he talked to George de Mohrenschildt was in

the fall of 1961. (84) Moore said that he had no recollection of any

conversation with de Mohrenschildt concerning Lee Harvey Oswald.

(85) The memo also noted that Moore recalled only two occasions

when he met de Mohrenschildt : First, in the spring of 1958 to discuss

the mutual interest the two couples had in mainland China ; and

-then in the fall of 1961 when the de Mohrenschildts showed films of

their Latin American walkingtrip. (86)

(35) Other documents in de Mohrenschildt's CIA file indicated more

contact between Moore and de Mohrenschildt than was stated in the

1977 memo by Moore. In a memorandum datedMay1, 1964, from Moore

to the Acting Chief of the Contacts Division of the CIA, Moore

stated that he had known George de Mohrenschildt and his wife since

1957, at which time Moore got biographical data on de Mohrenschildt

after de Mohrenschildt's trip to Yugoslavia for the International Cooperation

Administration. (87) Moore said also in that 1964 memo that

he saw de Mohrenschildt several times in 1958 and 1959. (88)

(36) De Mohrenschildt's CIA file contained several reports submitted

by de Mohrenschildt to the CIA on topics concerning Yugoslavia . (89)

, (37) In' an interview with the committee on March 14, 1978, Moore

,stated that he did interview de Mohrenschildt. in 1957 after the Yugoslavia

trip. (90) At that time Moore also indicated he had "periodic" 55 contact with

de Mohrenschildt for "debriefing" purposes over years after the that.(91)

Moore said that none of that contact or conversation with de Mohrenschildt

was related to Oswald ; Moore said that the allegations that de Mohrenschildt

asked Moore's "permission" to contact Oswald were false. (92)

It was (and still is) fairly common for the CIA to get debriefings from American businessmen, journalist etc who visited countries they had difficulty establishing regular assets in.That doesn’t make them “CIA Contract Agent(s)”

Well, as you know, the Mason's tend to be very secretive especially at that level,

so good luck trying to prove (or disprove) it.

In other words you have no evidence this true but reported it as fact anyway.

The Crusade for a Free Europe was a domestic CIA version of Radio Free Europe--George's brother Dimitri was also very involved. I have an idea, do your own

research--draw your own conclusions--write your own paper. I have done mine and

don't feel the need to justify it to you. However, you are obviously free to reject it.

Good hunting—

People are supposed to document their claims on this forum. Though you didn’t post them here others did and now you’re a member, the ball is in YOUR court not mine. You have yet to produce evidence the groups were CIA fronts OR that Zapruder was a member. DeMordishildt’s brother is irrelevant your claim regarded Zappy.

Edited by Len Colby

I didn't post this paper on the forum--someone else did. Had I wanted to discuss it perhaps I would have, but I don't care. I find coincidences interesting, but not necessarily meaningful and in any event, this is all rather old news. I am looking forward to having more relevant discussions than this subject, because even though its my paper, I don't think it matters much at all.

After exhaustive research to confirm facts, the only outcome I was hoping for when I wrote it was to draw some attention to the man who filmed the assassination and some peripheral circumstances. Afterall, that film has been used as "proof" of Oswald's guilt by LNers, and "proof" of his innocence by CT's, rather than it being treated for what it really is: EVIDENCE. It is not PROOF. It is evidence ONLY. Moreover, that film has been relied upon more often than all other evidence combined! How? Because it has been cross-contaminating a great volume of collateral evidence. It is relied on not only for what it shows but because it is used as a "reference" from which all other evidence is measured. For instance, it established the timing of the shots, the location of the victim at each shot, the medical and forensic evidence were never "taken at face value" but rather were compared to the film, even eyewitness and earwitness testimony was either accepted, discarded, discredited, or altered to comport to the film, etc.

Get it? The film was evidence only and as such, it was UNPROVED! You don't gather several pieces of evidence from a crime scene, pick (or create) your favorite one and then throw out the ones that don't comply with the one you liked!

It's a big deal, not my paper, and not the film as "proof" --but the film as EVIDENCE....now THAT'S a big deal.

Anyway, I have argued about as much as I ever will about the Zappy Cartoon with many folks, some are members here. I grow tired of it as it has become somewhat of a parlor game so I won't engage in such discussions. They lead nowhere.

GO_SECURE

monk