The Education Forum

Abraham Zapruder and Jeanne LeGon

John Simkin

No, I'm not at the computer often. I often get sick of the turn off startup routines so just leave it on. AFA the rest, ity seemed in keeping with the stuff going on at the time.

No I've spelled out my opinions on moderating.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I didn't miss it. I just noticed there was no link to a bio, that's all. He wrote an "about me" in his signature, not a bio. But, I really don't care. I would turn down sgt-at-arms, FWIW, years ago. Shall I reconsider? You guys just might inspire such a move, indeed. Did you think I was talking to you, Craig? Would I EVER find myself talking to you first? Not a chance.

english a second language for ya, there Wild Bill? What can you fathom out of the term "Doug Horne"s 5 volume set"? It all comes down to faith there Wild Bill, in your case faith in the WCR.... we understand why it's so difficult to defend it! FAITH is your only excuse!

Is that it, David? For some reason I have the feeling you haven't read what you've referenced any more than you have read any of my post over the years which clearly show that I disagreed with the Warren Commission findings. In fact, I think from reading your responses over the years that you probably haven't read much of anything on the JFK assassination unless it was scribbled on the wall next to a urinal in a drunk tank.

Bill Miller

So we meet again. That was quite an intelligent and helpful reply, Bill. I suppose you're especially proud of the maturity you displayed in the part of your post where you mention a "urinal" -- a very class act.

I thought you had to have a biographical page here?

Ever the guard dog I see...have you forgotten your are not in OZ..er...the JFKresearch forum anymore?

IN any case it appears in the rush to be the Sergeant at Arms once again your must have missed this...

"I am Bill Miller, a long time researcher of the Kennedy assassination. My main interest are in the realm of the photographic record and the witnesses statements and testimonies. I have studied the case for over 25 years and I have received the Mary Ferrell Award presented for the discovery of new evidence in the JFK assassination murder case."

Edited by Greg Burnham

english a second language for ya, there Wild Bill? What can you fathom out of the term "Doug Horne"s 5 volume set"? It all comes down to faith there Wild Bill, in your case faith in the WCR.... we understand why it's so difficult to defend it! FAITH is your only excuse!

Is that it, David? For some reason I have the feeling you haven't read what you've referenced any more than you have read any of my post over the years which clearly show that I disagreed with the Warren Commission findings. In fact, I think from reading your responses over the years that you probably haven't read much of anything on the JFK assassination unless it was scribbled on the wall next to a urinal in a drunk tank.

Bill Miller

So we meet again. That was quite an intelligent and helpful reply, Bill. I suppose you're especially proud of the maturity you displayed in the part of your post where you mention a "urinal" -- a very class act.

I thought you had to have a biographical page here?

Ever the guard dog I see...have you forgotten your are not in OZ..er...the JFKresearch forum anymore?

IN any case it appears in the rush to be the Sergeant at Arms once again your must have missed this...

"I am Bill Miller, a long time researcher of the Kennedy assassination. My main interest are in the realm of the photographic record and the witnesses statements and testimonies. I have studied the case for over 25 years and I have received the Mary Ferrell Award presented for the discovery of new evidence in the JFK assassination murder case."

actually Craigster, I like "Bill Miller: hunter of YETI", better (now THAT is OZ)..... bet it has a nice ring around the halls of the 6th floor mausoleum too....

Edited by David G. Healy

• 4 months later...
First of all, it's LeGon -- there is no "R" in her name. My source for the spelling is easily researched. My source for the rest is a third party who claims to have worked there at that time,

In other words your anonymous source that would have been at least in their 70s and recalling events that happened about 50 years earlier was unable to produce any evidence they actually worked at Nardis at the time.

but wishes to remain anonymous. I apologize, but sources are sources

Use of anonymous sources by legitimate journalists who’ve been vetted by a major news organization, have track records and whose sources are often known by their editors is already problematic. Normally the journalist would only use sources who they knew or had strong evidence was actually in a position to know what they claimed. But even in those situations they report the claims as being those of an unnamed source rather than as fact. So you can give up the journalist charadeWhat reason did they give for want to remain anonymous? Odd that of the 1000 of people who must have been aware of this only one said something anonymously to an obscure researcher decades after the fact.

"--and this one has provided reliable information in the past."

I don’t suppose you’d be wiling to give any examples of other information they’ve given you that you were able to confirm?

"You can take it or leave it. However, another resercher offered me confirmation of same before I wrote the paper."

I don’t suppose you’d be willing to tell us who that researcher was or on what basis he reached his conclusion?

Also if you look over the previous posts on this thread you'll see that Jennifer Juniors, Zapruder company, was already well established in 1952 and thus:

• he obviously have never worked with LeGron who only joined the company in 1953

• the 1949 commonly cited as the year he left Nardis is probably correct.

So I was wondering when you'd be issuing a retraction.

Are you seriously asking me to use claims made in this thread as your Cite to Authority? Sorry, but it don't work that way.

It supposed to, you claimed he

1) only left Nardis in 1959

2) worked with LeGon cutting and sowing there

However ever several sources indicate he left to start his own company in 1949.This is confirmed by an ad showing Jeninfer Juniour was indeed not only in business in April 1952, a year before LeGon joined Nardis, but was established enough to be selling to a department store in a small town in Iowa. It strains credulity to believe that the owner of such a company would continue working a menial job and makes just as little sense Nardis would keep the owner of a rival company working along side one it top designers where he’d have access to trade secrets.

We also have 1956 newspaper articles indicting Jenifer Juniors was moving to larger premises which further undermine your 1st claim.

Also what was the basis for your claims:

- George DeM was a "CIA Contract Agent"

One must draw conclusions from evidence. I simply called a spade a spade:

"In an Agency memorandum dated April 13, 1977, contained in

George de Mohrenschildt's CIA file, Moore set forth facts to counter

a claim which had been recently made by WFAA-TV in Dallas that

Lee Harvey Oswald was employed by the CIA and that Moore knew

Oswald. In that memo, Moore is quoted as saying that according to

his records the last time he talked to George de Mohrenschildt was in

the fall of 1961. (84) Moore said that he had no recollection of any

conversation with de Mohrenschildt concerning Lee Harvey Oswald.

(85) The memo also noted that Moore recalled only two occasions

when he met de Mohrenschildt : First, in the spring of 1958 to discuss

the mutual interest the two couples had in mainland China ; and

-then in the fall of 1961 when the de Mohrenschildts showed films of

their Latin American walkingtrip. (86)

(35) Other documents in de Mohrenschildt's CIA file indicated more

contact between Moore and de Mohrenschildt than was stated in the

1977 memo by Moore. In a memorandum datedMay1, 1964, from Moore

to the Acting Chief of the Contacts Division of the CIA, Moore

stated that he had known George de Mohrenschildt and his wife since

1957, at which time Moore got biographical data on de Mohrenschildt

after de Mohrenschildt's trip to Yugoslavia for the International Cooperation

Administration. (87) Moore said also in that 1964 memo that

he saw de Mohrenschildt several times in 1958 and 1959. (88)

(36) De Mohrenschildt's CIA file contained several reports submitted

by de Mohrenschildt to the CIA on topics concerning Yugoslavia . (89)

, (37) In' an interview with the committee on March 14, 1978, Moore

,stated that he did interview de Mohrenschildt. in 1957 after the Yugoslavia

trip. (90) At that time Moore also indicated he had "periodic" 55 contact with

de Mohrenschildt for "debriefing" purposes over years after the that.(91)

Moore said that none of that contact or conversation with de Mohrenschildt

was related to Oswald ; Moore said that the allegations that de Mohrenschildt

asked Moore's "permission" to contact Oswald were false. (92)

It was (and still is) fairly common for the CIA to get debriefings from American businessmen, journalist etc who visited countries they had difficulty establishing regular assets in.That doesn’t make them “CIA Contract Agent(s)”

- Zapruder was a "32nd degree Mason, active MEMBER of 2 CIA Proprietary Organizations: The Dallas Council On World Affairs and The Crusade For A Free Europe"

Well, as you know, the Mason's tend to be very secretive especially at that level,

so good luck trying to prove (or disprove) it.

In other words you have no evidence this true but reported it as fact anyway.

The Crusade for a Free Europe was a domestic CIA version of Radio Free Europe--George's brother Dimitri was also very involved. I have an idea, do your own

research--draw your own conclusions--write your own paper. I have done mine and

don't feel the need to justify it to you. However, you are obviously free to reject it.

Good hunting—

People are supposed to document their claims on this forum. Though you didn’t post them here others did and now you’re a member, the ball is in YOUR court not mine. You have yet to produce evidence the groups were CIA fronts OR that Zapruder was a member. DeMordishildt’s brother is irrelevant your claim regarded Zappy.

So Greg are you prepared to own up to your obvious error and/or document your questionable claims or will continue to hide behind the "I didn't post it here" excuse?

IN THE INFO RE PAGE OF LETTER BELOW, EPSTEIN IS MENTIONED, BY RICHARD SPRAGUE, BELOW WITH THE CHILDREN IS DOROTHY PIERSON DE M 2ND WIFE, AT THE TIME OF PHOTO SHE WAS THE WIFE OF Wynne Sharples.WHOM SHE MARRIED IN 1951 PHOTO TAKEN 1955..THEY WERE HIS CHILDREN..

, ONE OF GEORGE'S WIVES.THE OTHER IS OF JEANNE.....B

Edited by Bernice Moore

IN THE INFO RE PAGE OF LETTER BELOW, EPSTEIN IS MENTIONED, RICHARD SPRAGUE BELOW WITH THEIR CHILDREN IS DOROTHY PIERSON, ONE OF GEORGE'S WIVES.THE OTHER IS JEANNE.....B

The women with the two kids is DeMohrenschildt's second wife, Dr. Wynne Sharples of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, whose father was in the oil business in Pennsylvania and Colorado. She is today a trustee of Temple University, where Joan Mellen is a professor and where the Man on the Motorcyle in Mexico City went to school.

It was a son of DeMohrenschildt and Sharples who was crippled and inspired them to form a non-profit org that was supported by Jackie Kennedy.

Not an insignaficant, but a neglected character.

And one who is still living but never questioned.

Bill Kelly

BILL HERE IS FURTHER INFORMATION FROM PETER FOLKES, THANK YOU PETER, THAT HE HAD POSTED INTERESTING..

1942-Met Dorothy Pierson in Palm Beach.

Photograph of Dorthy De Mohrenschildt (maiden name Pierson) in the

Victoria Advocate (May 27, 1955):

http://news.google.ca/newspapers?id=_pkpAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XIUDAAAAIBAJ&dq=george%20de%20mohrenschildt&pg=5435%2C3497740

By the way, "mucoviscidosis" is an old term for cystic fibrosis. It

apparently afflicted both Nadya and Sergei, the young children of the

couple.

<quote on>

1943-Married Dorothy Pierson. Exhibited paintings at Newton Gallery in

New York.

1944-Traveled to Texas. Got a loan from the Russian Student fund.

Applied at Colorado School of Mines, Rice Institute and University of

Texas. Entered University of Texas School of Geology with minor in

petroleum engineering.

1945-Received masters degree in petroleum geology. Worked as field

engineer for Pantepec Oil Co. in Venezuela.

1946-Returned to the United States. Went to work for Rangely Field

Committee in Colorado and worked in drilling statisitcs and

technology. Met Phyllis Washington during vacation in New York.

1947-First went to Haiti and began establishing mining and development

business.

July 1949-Became American citizen.

1949-Received divorce from Phyllis Washington.

1950-Moved to Denver. Formed Hooker and de Mohrenschildt partnership

in drilling and leases.

April 1951-Married Wynne Sharples.

1952-Terminated partnership with Ed Hooker, returned to New York.

1953-Son Sergei born.

1954-Daughter Nayda born. Formed Walden Oil Co. with wife's uncle,

Col. Edward J. Walz.

1956-Took job in Haiti with Sinclair Oil co. Traveled to Nigeria,

France, Mexico on oil exploration, also Ghana, Togoland, France.

Traveled to Cuba for Pantetec Oil Co. Traveled for Charmex, Cuban

Venezuelan Trust, Warren Smith Co., Three States Oil and Gas and

Legman Trading Corp.

1957-Contacted by Core Lab of Dallas about work in Yugoslavia for

International Cooperation Administration and Yugoslav Government.

1957-Divorced from Didi Sharples.

<quote off>

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo4/jfk12/hscademo.htm

(Above the photo of Dorothy is an interesting photo of 5 sets of

identical boy twins .... which one looks like Oswald? hehe)

Peter Fokes,

Toronto

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/603e7cc5d0a8df7b/2e7ab4f418e3458a?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=DOROTHY+PIERSON

gst&q=DOROTHY+PIERSON#2e7ab4f418e3458a

Edited by Bernice Moore

Bill,

Wynn Sharples Ballinger died two years ago...:

http://www.palmbeach...inger_0612.html

Her $6.8 million Palm Beach estate was sold late last year.:

http://www.palmbeach...lemmer1203.html

Thanks Tom,

Too late to question her now, huh?

And Dr. Sharples must have been DeMohrenschildt's third wife, after Pearson and Washington.

Somebody could write a book just on DeMohrenschidt's wives.

Thanks Peter and B.

BK

• 1 month later...

Bill,

Wynn Sharples Ballinger died two years ago...:

http://www.palmbeach...inger_0612.html

Her $6.8 million Palm Beach estate was sold late last year.:

http://www.palmbeach...lemmer1203.html

Thanks Tom,

Too late to question her now, huh?

And Dr. Sharples must have been DeMohrenschildt's third wife, after Pearson and Washington.

Somebody could write a book just on DeMohrenschidt's wives.

Thanks Peter and B.

BK

This is another obscure person to most people.

Henry J Doscher was at one time an attorney for George DeMohrenschildt.

See

Legend page 461 "His attorney Henry J. Doscher later told the FBI that DeMohrenschildt claimed to be working for the British Intelligence Corps during World War II

This link may not work.

See http://amherst.edu

https://www.amherst.edu/aboutamherst/magazine/in_memory/1942/jhenrydoscher

J. Henry Doscher, Jr. Class of '42

Henry Doscher, known as Hank to his friends at Amherst, died in Abilene, Texas, on October 3, 2008, after a long illness. He was born Jan. 5, 1921, in Houston and grew up in Sweetwater, Texas, before coming to Amherst in 1938.

At Amherst, he was a member of Phi Gam; on the Hurricane Hop Committee; on the prom committee sophomore, junior, and senior years; and on the planning committee all four years. He also participated in freshman soccer.

Immediately after graduation, he joined the U.S. Navy and was commissioned as ensign in November 1942. After further training at the Subchaser Training Center in Miami, he served extensively on ships in the Pacific, beginning at Guadalcanal in April ’43 and ending as part of the occupation force in Japan in late ’45 and early ’46. He was released from active duty in April 1946 but remained in the U.S. Naval Reserve, retiring as a captain in 1970.

In June of ’46, Henry entered the Texas Univ. law school, receiving a doctor of jurisprudence degree in August 1948. He then served as briefing attorney to the chief justice of the Texas Supreme Court for more than a year before practicing law in Abilene, Texas, for 35 years.

After retiring from the active practice of the law, Henry taught legal subjects at McMurry Univ. until 1997. Over the years, he also somehow found time for numerous business and civic activities, serving as a director of several businesses and as a trustee of several Abilene cultural activities. In addition, he obtained a M.A. degree in history from Hardin-Simmons Univ. in 1973. Henry was a long-time member of the Texas Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Abilene Bar Association, of which he was president from 1970-1971.

Henry’s main hobbies were traveling and bridge. He became a Life Master in bridge in 1970 and played in national and regional tournaments in the U.S. and Mexico. After retiring from his law practice, he also indulged an interest in writing. Harking back to his days in the Pacific during World War II, he wrote two books, Subchaser in the South Pacific and Little Wolf at Leyte.

One of Henry’s former law partners described him as precise, cautious and “client sensitive,” while an associate from McMurry Univ. said, “He was a consummate gentleman . . . one of the finest individuals I have known.” Henry, who never married, made Amherst his principal beneficiary, establishing an irrevocable trust in 1995 to benefit the College and including Amherst in his will. He was also a Johnson Chapel Associate and a Pooled Income Fund donor.

Small world, eh.

• 1 year later...

Bumped for Burnham who wrote following on another thread:

---------------------------------------------------------

.... you of course have a track history of refusing to admit error, e.g. your false claim Zapruder worked with LeGron

As for Zapruder and Legon (not Legron), you are providing misleading information. There is no question that Zapruder worked with Legon at Nardis and/or Jennifer Juniors. A question remains as to the exact years in question. My, now deceased, source provided the years that I originally published. If the years are not accurate that still does not change the remainder of the facts nor does it alter their significance. One of my confirming sources for this information, J Harrison, knew DeMohrenschildt and Legon, personally, for many years, including the years in question. He knew others who worked at Nardis/Jennifer Juniors, as well. He worked for the Criminal Intelligence Division of the Dallas Police Department and was assigned to monitor the activities of some of the employees during an investigation in the years preceding--and in the months leading up to--the assassination.

I would also recommend the work of Bruce Campbell Adamson for further information.

No Legon, only worked at Nardis 1953 – 4, Zapruder seems to have left 1949 to start his own company, Jennifer Juniors. By April 1952 the new company was established enough to be selling to a department store in a small town in Iowa. That was demonstrated and discussed on this thread(starting with post #9) where you have refused to defend your claims since 2010.

EDIT : Added everything below the line above ------------------------------

Edited by Len Colby

Guest Tom Scully

Southwest Styles:

Pay-Per-View -

Christian Science Monitor - Oct 26, 1953

... and dif--~ ferent age groups by Chalet. of Texas, a firm just four years old in the Dallas market. This fabric comes only in the natural color so favored for. spring,

1. Page 4, The Baytown Sun, December 4, 1951: NewspaperARCHIVE ...
    newspaperarchive.com/the-baytown-sun/1951-12-04/page-4 ... At Work in Spring Womens Styles By SPARKS Heres to an exciting spring 1952 ... the most fashionable It was a Chalet of Dallas de Stoles appeared often and ...

2. Breckenridge American (Breckenridge, Tex.), Vol. 33, No. 80, Ed. 1 ...
    texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth134542/m1/3/ ... These million-dollar checks for fashion from Chalet of Dallas take little cash. .... Situ t St "A-Ptrftet"; SM "B-Ptrfrt** REGULAR STYLE— white broadcloth $&5n ...

Thanks Tom.

Will Burham admit error? I doubt he is able to.

I am not admitting error, because I am not convinced that I committed an error. I just received a correspondence from Bruce Campbell Adamson a few minutes ago. He unequivocally confirmed that I am correct: Zapruder and Legon worked "side by side" at Nardis of Dallas. Bruce said that he found four people who worked at Nardis of Dallas and a Manager from Nardis "put it in writing" in Volume 10 of Bruce's book, The de Mohrenschildt Story. He confirmed that Zapruder's obituary mis-stated the year of Zapruder's departure from Nardis as 1949 when it was really 1959.

Two of my original sources are now deceased. However, it is significant that my sources confirm Bruce's research and vice versa.

Thanks Tom.

Thanks Tom.

I am not admitting error, because I am not convinced that I committed an error. I just received a correspondence from Bruce Campbell Adamson a few minutes ago. He unequivocally confirmed that I am correct: Zapruder and Legon worked "side by side" at Nardis of Dallas. Bruce said that he found four people who worked at Nardis of Dallas and a Manager from Nardis "put it in writing" in Volume 10 of Bruce's book, The de Mohrenschildt Story. He confirmed that Zapruder's obituary mis-stated the year of Zapruder's departure from Nardis as 1949 when it was really 1959.

Two of my original sources are now deceased. However, it is significant that my sources confirm Bruce's research and vice versa.

Did Adams name any of these supposed sources? Will you ever do so?

It's not just Zapruder's obituary:

On December 4, 1951 The Baytown Sun wrote about one of his companies Chalet

In Feb. 1952 dresses made by Jennifer Juniors appeared in a newspaer ad for a local department store chain on a smalltown in Iowa over 800 miles from Dallas.

On Oct 26, 1953 the Christian Science Monitor reported that Chalet was "four years old"

1950 - 2 various other papers in Texan cities hundreds of miles from Dallas had stories about Chalet

http://newspaperarchive.com/tags/?py=1949&pey=1952&pep=chalet-of-dallas

LeGon did not start working for Nardis till 1953. The idea Zapruder would continue working as a cutter for Nardis years after his company was so well established makes as little sense the idea would continue to employ the owner of rival company. Sorry contemporary documents trump annonymous sources.