The Education Forum

Doug Horne

John Simkin

Appendix to Inside the Assassination Records Review Board

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...do?docId=145280

Thanks for posting this Bill, and thanks to Doug Horne, Rex Bradford and the folks at Maryferrell.org.

Here is a link to a 2006 thread dealing with Doug's press conference. John Simkin has described it as the most important thread since the foundation of the forum.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6849

[Edited for spelling]

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this Bill, and thanks to Doug Horne, Rex Bradford and the folks at Maryferrell.org.

Here is a link to a 2006 thread dealing with Doug's press conference. John Simkin has described it as the most important thread since the foundation of the forum.

[Edited for spelling]

Mr Horne, I would like to personally thank you for what is, in my estimation, the most significant turn in getting to the truth about the assassination, in decades. I believe, and doubtless many others also, now realize that Jim Douglass' work "JFK and the Unspeakable," together with the fruits of your 13 year odyssey, not to mention John Newman's pivotal research into Agency operations, certain JFK Administration officials, such as Ambassador Lodge and the Pentagon hierarchy from 1960-63, has opened a gate which will never be closed again.

You also deserve credit for rejecting the position of many persons in the 45 year saga involved in "investigating" the assassination, of allowing considerations for "national security" to override the quest for the truth.....

Kudos from a Joe Q Citizen.....

If anyone wants to quote or refer to this preview of IARRB this is the version that they should use as I've made some corrections.

Future corrections and additional reviews of each volume will be added to the blog.

BK

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/

Bill Kelly's Preview - 11/29/09

Doug Horne’s Inside the Assassination Records Review Board (IARRB) is the most important book to be published on the assassination of President Kennedy in decades, not only because it changes the way we look at that murder, but in showing how the remaining issues can be resolved by determining the truth.

All the debates end here, and the arguments are replaced with questions that were posed but not answered when the Assassination Records Review Board was alive and ostensibly overseeing the declassification and release of the government's JFK assassination records. Many of the questions weren't even asked because the ARRB failed to fully use its power to subpoena witnesses and take the sworn testimony of witness.

As Horne, the chief analyst for military records explains, "While the Review Board had the power to subpoena witnesses and grant immunity, the subpoena power was used sparingly (with a limited number of medical and CIA witnesses), and the immunity power was never exercised. The reason: none of the Board Members were convinced there was any conspiracy or coverup, and therefore were only interested in clarifying the record in a few areas. At least the staff of the ARRB was permitted to conduct unsworn witness interviews without seeking permission from the Board Members. Sadly, senior staff members often elected not to even tape record witness interviews, which make the staff's written interview reports incredibly important as historical tools."

To its credit, the ARRB did manage to release millions of pages of documents, identified important records that are missing and others that have been destroyed, and they’ve called attention to those records that they deemed necessary to withhold until 2017, when the last classified secret JFK assassination record is scheduled to be released.

Now however, over a decade after the ARRB shut down, and years before the last record is released, we have a real good idea of what happened in Dallas, and in DC in the aftermath of the President’s murder. And with Doug Horne’s extremely detailed analysis of the military records, his conclusions are hard to avoid.

Supporting the general consensus that there was a conspiracy behind what happened at Dealey Plaza, Horne takes it a step further, and calls it straight and unambiguous – it was a coup d’etat, with those responsible for the murder taking over the government and changing policy. And lying all the way, but hey, after multiple homicides, the lying part is easy.

Building on the recent evaluations of the assassination that are in line with the Cold War history, crediting David Talbot’s “Brothers,” Jeff Morley’s “Our Man In Mexico” and Jim Douglas’ “JFK & the Unspeakable,” Horne surrounds JFK's story with the proper social frame work, and details how the evidence of a Dealey Plaza coup fits like a glove with the overall historical record.

Not only concluding there was a conspiracy, through his own personal journey, Horne takes the reader on a tour of the intestines of the coup and cover-up, from Dealey Plaza and Parkland Hospital, aboard AF1, from Andrews to Bethesda, and a few back alleys we haven't been down before. Along the way he consistently refers to important records and corresponding eye witness accounts, pointing out the contradictions and discrepancies, and sometimes resolving them. Thank God for small victories, and belittling the idea that "We'll never know." Now we can know.

While matching the volume of the work of his nemesis Vincent Bugliosi (at 2,000 plus pages), Horne’s IARRB basically dismisses Bugliosi’s only suspect, mentioning Lee Harvey Oswald only a few times throughout the five volumes, and each time only referring to him as the patsy who was framed for the crime. Rather than follow Ozzie the rabbit, Horne sticks close to the body, what one of his mentors, David Lifton refers to as the "best evidence."

A non-fictional forensic documentary "CSI Dealey Plaza," based on Horne’s book, will certainly make a most definitive and fascinating rebuttal to Bugliosi’s upcoming and lame "Distorting History" HBO series with Tom Hanks, but who will have the courage to make "Inside JFK's Forensic Autopsy and Coup?" It isn't pretty, and its hard to say which is more ugly - the gore of the brain and guts or the betrayal of the Constitution by those behind the coup.

Although Horne’s doesn’t know who shot John F. Kennedy in the back and in the head, he’s quite confident that the shot that killed the President entered the right front temple and blew out the back of his skull. This shot blew apart half the brain and created the Harper fragment and the wounds described by the Dallas doctors before the head wound was surgically altered, removing bullet fragments and enlarging the entrance to appear as an exit, before the official autopsy began.

It must have been earlier in the day, after Oswald was captured but before Air Force One landed at Andrews, when it was strategically decided not to follow the original Castro Commie cover-story, and go with the lone-nut scenario, a specific decision that precluded an assassin from the front and required the altering of wounds at Bethesda and all other evidence of a second gunman, including the Z-film.

It is from this attempt to disavow the existence of a shooter from the front, that the other lies had to be created, including the Lone-Nut lie to replace the Cuban Commie Rat cover-story that was supposed to have led to an invasion of Cuba, and the Z-film alteration that failed to uphold the first lie.

Horne nicely weaves the details of the crime and the cover-up with the overall historical situation, as well as his personal quest for the truth, one that most people can identify with, and follow, and reluctantly, but eventually coming to agree with his acute and well reasoned analysis, and in the end, his terrifying conclusions.

Volume IV, the first book to be released, contains two chapters - 13, "What Really Happened at the Bethesda Morgue (And in Dealey Plaza?)" and the nearly 200 page Chapter 14, "The Zapruder Film Mystery," which is probably the most controversial, but also contains the convincer.

Besides offering documentary proof and corresponding witness testimony to support this scenario, Horne also demonstrates conclusively that the Zapruder film was tampered with, constituting clear obstruction of justice for tampering with evidence. Unlike previous attempts to brand the Z-film a fake by unexplained anomalies, Horne takes a different approach, and utilizing the recollections of honorable and reputable CIA officials whose reputations cannot be impeached, he demonstrates how the chain of possession was lost and the film altered. While he doesn't know exactly who did it, Horne tells you when and where it was done (KODAK’s Hawkeye Works, Rochester, New York) and how and why they did it.

Because the chain-of-evidence is broken and the provenance of the body and the Zapruder film are no longer certain, as Douglas Horne so conclusively demonstrates, a new legal mandate kicks in, and the rules of the game change.

Just as Oliver Stone’s “JFK” forced Congress to pass the JFK Act, Doug Horne’s book "Inside the Assassination Records Review Board" should embarrass Congress into holding JFK Act Oversight Hearings, force the convening of a Special Federal Grand Jury to investigate crimes related to the assassination, and require a new and proper forensic autopsy of the victim and our national security.

No fewer words could accomplish as much.

[ William E. Kelly, Jr. is co-founder of the Committee for an Open Archvies (COA) and COPA – the Coalition on Political Assassinations. He can be reached at bkjfk3@yahoo.com or at http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/ ]

Edited by William Kelly

Bill: Thank you for posting this review. Doug sent me a later chapter about LBJ but I am not at liberty to discuss it until the book is published.

Hi John,

Yes, Doug sent me a few chapters to review and requested that I not discuss or write about it until after it became available at Amazon.

Now that Vol. IV is available, the embargo is over, at least for that volume, which includes two of the more interesting chapters - Doug's chronology of what he figures really happened, and the Mystery of the Z-Film.

My Preview is based on what I have read so far, and I will be writing a more in-depth review after I read some more.

I think the Chapter on LBJ and the other volumes will be available on Amazon within a few weeks, maybe sooner.

Doug is a good writer and it's an easy read, though it does get testy at times.

BK

You know, anyone Jack White takes pot shots at has got to okay with me and a friend of mine. And I met Doug Horne at a Dallas ASK Conference in the mind 1990's and we both enjoyed a 90 minute conversation together. He sort of reminds me of... well... me as a matter of fact. Articulate, brilliant, dedicated and convinced that there was a massive conspiracy in the assassination of JFK. I listened to both Doug Horne and Jim Marrs the author of Crossfire on CoastToCoastAM with George Noury last night, and one thing continues to disappoint me though, about the approach of Doug Horne and several others like him. He still insisted on the CoastToCoastAM program that analysis of the Medical Evidence "will prove" NOT "has proven" that there was "A" Conspiracy and that FIRST AND FOREMOST you "HAVE TO" prove that there was "A" conspiracy BEFORE you can move on to identify either the conspirators, the sponsors of the conspiracy, the identity of the shooters, the motivations of the conspirators and/or their paymasters and the reasons why JFK was killed, or something to that effect. Well that is pitifully misdirected and off target to the max.

In fact, I have known since November 18, 1963 that there was "A" conspiracy and I have known since 1991 that neither Ballistics

nor Medical Evidence can do anything else except convince the unconvinced that there WAS, in fact, just "A" conspiracy. But you do not have to PROVE "A" Conspiracy BEFORE you identify the "reasons", the "rationale", the "justification", the "origins", the "intended outcome" or the "motivations" of the conspirators or of the shooters or of their paymasters. And so he continues to perhaps belittle, disparage and debunk even his own superlative, conclusive and valuable "research" and his "own conclusions" and his "own analysis" insisting to himself at least, in a sad sort of way, that his lifetime project is still inadequate, or somehow inconclusive regarding his "end game strategy" or his "end game conclusions" as if he was still a "doubting Thomas" himslef not certain that he has done a job that is quite good enough. And that is just such a diffusion of just a brilliant and dedicated researcher's efforts by the researcher himself. Someone like a Dr. Gary Aguilar also got drawn into this "LaBrea Tarpits of JFK Research", or rather he might have even "created" this LaBrea Tarpits on PURPOSE, in order to lure or draw others into this morass of permanent state of inconclusiveness or permanent state of deflection from an "end game path". This way people will not look into his parents sponsorship of John Birch Society meetings held at his home, they will not look into Robert J. Morris, or Charles A. Willoughby, or into Edwin A. Walker from the Dallas John Birch Society or all the other PATENTLY OBVIOUS constituents of the JFK Conspiracy which by definition EXISTS. It is like saying that you have to prove an EXISTENCE THEOREM TO YOURSELF way before you can move beyond the FACT OF THE EXISTENCE to the CREATOR OF THE ITEM WHOSE VERY EXISTENCE YOU ARE STILL IN DOUBT ABOUT.

If this approach had only been focused on OTHER TOPICS like the following the End Game would have arrived already...

1) THE SPONSORSHIP BY THE H. SMITH RICHARDSON FOUNDATION OF THE AFC, MK/ULTRA, AND THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE EXPERIMENTS AT BRIDGEWATER STATE COLLEGE IN MASSACHUSETTS PLUS THE INVOLUNTARY STERILIZATION MOVEMENT

OF WICKLIFFE DRAPER AT BOWMAN GRAY MEDICAL SCHOOL IN SMITH'S BACKYARD IN WINSTON-SALEM NORTH CAROLINA

2) THE SHICKSHINNY KNIGHTS OF MALTA (SKOM) AND THE SOVEREIGN MILITARY ORDER OF MALTA (SMOM) AND THE ROLES OF WILLOUGHBY, BUCKLEY, FELLERS, CORSO, MORRIS AND ANGLETON WHO ALSO OUTRIGHT PRO-NAZIS AND AMERICAN SECURITY COUNCIL FOUNDERS AS WELL AS JOHN BIRCHERS, PRO-NAZIS AND MENTIONED IN THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE

3) THE PIONEER FUND, INCLUDING WICKLIFFE P. DRAPER, DR. HANS J. EYSENCK DR. HAROLD WOLFF AND ROGER A. PEARSON

4) THE WORLD ANTI-COMMUNIST LEAGUE AND THEIR MEMBERS ROLES (ALPHA 66, LOS TECOS FROM MEXICO AND APACL PLUS WACCFL AND WACL IN NUMEROUS COVERT WORLD EVENTS FROM THE 1950'S FOWARD CENTERED AROUND WICK DRAPER

5) THE ROLE OF PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT ASSOCIATES AND THE HUMAN ECOLOGY FUND AND RELATED ORGANIZATIONS

WHICH WERE SPONSORED BY WICKLIFFE PRESTON DRAPER INVOLVED WITH MIND CONTROL AND BEHAVIORIAL COERCION

6) THE ROLES OF THE JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY, THE AMERICAN SECURITY COUNCIL, THE SENATE INTERNAL SECURITY COUNCIL AND THE AMERICA FIRST COMMITTEE WITH DRAPER'S AMERICAN COALITION OF PATRIOTIC SOCIETIES AND THE DRAPER GENETICS COMMITTEE WITH SENATOR JAMES EASTLAND OF MISSISSIPPI AND THE MISSISSIPPI SOVEREIGNTY COMMISSION

7) THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSONS AT THE RICHARD GIESBRECHT INCIDENT IN WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, CANADA WHO SPOKE ABOUT THE JFK ASSASSINATION AND THE ROLE OF A MYSTERIOUS OWNER OF A TEXTILES-RELATED BUSINESS (DRAPER)

8) THE HIDDEN AGENDA AND PERSONS BEHIND THE NOVEL, THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, BY RICARD CONDON AND WHO MIGHT HAVE BEEN CONDON'S INFORMANT ON THE ENTIRE SUBJECT OF MIND CONTROL, AND INFLUENCING PUBLIC OPINION

WHY DID CONDON REFER TO DRAPER 3 DIFFERENT TIMES IN THE NOVEL AND HOW DID HE FIND OUT ABOUT DRAPER ANYWAY

9) THE REASON WHY DICK RUSSELL'S INFORMANT FINGERED ADOLPH TSCHEPPE-WEIDENBACH AND DOUGLAS MACARTHUR

10) THE INFRASTRUCTURE CREATED BY COL. ULIUSS L. AMOSS, MAJ. CARLETON S COON, MORRIS SCHAPIRO, RAY S. CLINE, CLENDENIN J. RYAN, NICOLAS BRADY AND HAROLD B. CHAIT AT BALTIMORE METALS AND BALDT ANCHOR AND CHAIN AND HOW IT WAS USED IN BOTH THE JFK HIT AND DURING IRAN-CONTRA AND DESERT STORM AND NOW FOR BLACKWATER ARMIES?

GET ON THIS TRACK AND YOU WILL SEE THE RELATIONSHIPS, THE PARTICIPANTS AND THEIR MOTIVATIONS AND THEIR GOALS

Edited by John Bevilaqua

[Edited for spelling]

Hi Doug,

I am reading Volume IV at the moment. Earlier in this thread Jack White suggested you believe "there was a shell game with the body (all done by just the Navy)."

. That statement is incorrect.

Chills went up my spine when I read your your narrative of Kellerman's probable role in the shell game while Air Force One was still in Dallas!

I've always wondered why Kellerman was the only person who heard JFK say something after he was hit! Now you have offered a reasonable if mindboggling answer. Me no spoiler ... folks get the book!

Regards

Peter Fokes,

Toronto

Chills went up my spine when I read your your narrative of Kellerman's probable role in the shell game while Air Force One was still in Dallas!

I've always wondered why Kellerman was the only person who heard JFK say something after he was hit! Now you have offered a reasonable if mindboggling answer. Me no spoiler ... folks get the book!

Thanks for the tease Peter

:)

For those of us (Me!) who have to wait until X-mas when my wife will order all 5 volumes off Amazon

You know, anyone Jack White takes pot shots at has got to okay with me and a friend of mine. And I met Doug Horne at a Dallas ASK Conference in the mind 1990's and we both enjoyed a 90 minute conversation together. He sort of reminds me of... well... me as a matter of fact. Articulate, brilliant, dedicated and convinced that there was a massive conspiracy in the assassination of JFK. I listened to both Doug Horne and Jim Marrs the author of Crossfire on CoastToCoastAM with George Noury last night, and one thing continues to disappoint me though, about the approach of Doug Horne and several others like him. He still insisted on the CoastToCoastAM program that analysis of the Medical Evidence "will prove" NOT "has proven" that there was "A" Conspiracy and that FIRST AND FOREMOST you "HAVE TO" prove that there was "A" conspiracy BEFORE you can move on to identify either the conspirators, the sponsors of the conspiracy, the identity of the shooters, the motivations of the conspirators and/or their paymasters and the reasons why JFK was killed, or something to that effect. Well that is pitifully misdirected and off target to the max.

In fact, I have known since November 18, 1963 that there was "A" conspiracy and I have known since 1991 that neither Ballistics

nor Medical Evidence can do anything else except convince the unconvinced that there WAS, in fact, just "A" conspiracy. But you do not have to PROVE "A" Conspiracy BEFORE you identify the "reasons", the "rationale", the "justification", the "origins", the "intended outcome" or the "motivations" of the conspirators or of the shooters or of their paymasters. And so he continues to perhaps belittle, disparage and debunk even his own superlative, conclusive and valuable "research" and his "own conclusions" and his "own analysis" insisting to himself at least, in a sad sort of way, that his lifetime project is still inadequate, or somehow inconclusive regarding his "end game strategy" or his "end game conclusions" as if he was still a "doubting Thomas" himslef not certain that he has done a job that is quite good enough. And that is just such a diffusion of just a brilliant and dedicated researcher's efforts by the researcher himself. Someone like a Dr. Gary Aguilar also got drawn into this "LaBrea Tarpits of JFK Research", or rather he might have even "created" this LaBrea Tarpits on PURPOSE, in order to lure or draw others into this morass of permanent state of inconclusiveness or permanent state of deflection from an "end game path". This way people will not look into his parents sponsorship of John Birch Society meetings held at his home, they will not look into Robert J. Morris, or Charles A. Willoughby, or into Edwin A. Walker from the Dallas John Birch Society or all the other PATENTLY OBVIOUS constituents of the JFK Conspiracy which by definition EXISTS. It is like saying that you have to prove an EXISTENCE THEOREM TO YOURSELF way before you can move beyond the FACT OF THE EXISTENCE to the CREATOR OF THE ITEM WHOSE VERY EXISTENCE YOU ARE STILL IN DOUBT ABOUT.

If this approach had only been focused on OTHER TOPICS like the following the End Game would have arrived already...

1) THE SPONSORSHIP BY THE H. SMITH RICHARDSON FOUNDATION OF THE AFC, MK/ULTRA, AND THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE EXPERIMENTS AT BRIDGEWATER STATE COLLEGE IN MASSACHUSETTS PLUS THE INVOLUNTARY STERILIZATION MOVEMENT

OF WICKLIFFE DRAPER AT BOWMAN GRAY MEDICAL SCHOOL IN SMITH'S BACKYARD IN WINSTON-SALEM NORTH CAROLINA

2) THE SHICKSHINNY KNIGHTS OF MALTA (SKOM) AND THE SOVEREIGN MILITARY ORDER OF MALTA (SMOM) AND THE ROLES OF WILLOUGHBY, BUCKLEY, FELLERS, CORSO, MORRIS AND ANGLETON WHO ALSO OUTRIGHT PRO-NAZIS AND AMERICAN SECURITY COUNCIL FOUNDERS AS WELL AS JOHN BIRCHERS, PRO-NAZIS AND MENTIONED IN THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE

3) THE PIONEER FUND, INCLUDING WICKLIFFE P. DRAPER, DR. HANS J. EYSENCK DR. HAROLD WOLFF AND ROGER A. PEARSON

4) THE WORLD ANTI-COMMUNIST LEAGUE AND THEIR MEMBERS ROLES (ALPHA 66, LOS TECOS FROM MEXICO AND APACL PLUS WACCFL AND WACL IN NUMEROUS COVERT WORLD EVENTS FROM THE 1950'S FOWARD CENTERED AROUND WICK DRAPER

5) THE ROLE OF PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT ASSOCIATES AND THE HUMAN ECOLOGY FUND AND RELATED ORGANIZATIONS

WHICH WERE SPONSORED BY WICKLIFFE PRESTON DRAPER INVOLVED WITH MIND CONTROL AND BEHAVIORIAL COERCION

6) THE ROLES OF THE JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY, THE AMERICAN SECURITY COUNCIL, THE SENATE INTERNAL SECURITY COUNCIL AND THE AMERICA FIRST COMMITTEE WITH DRAPER'S AMERICAN COALITION OF PATRIOTIC SOCIETIES AND THE DRAPER GENETICS COMMITTEE WITH SENATOR JAMES EASTLAND OF MISSISSIPPI AND THE MISSISSIPPI SOVEREIGNTY COMMISSION

7) THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSONS AT THE RICHARD GIESBRECHT INCIDENT IN WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, CANADA WHO SPOKE ABOUT THE JFK ASSASSINATION AND THE ROLE OF A MYSTERIOUS OWNER OF A TEXTILES-RELATED BUSINESS (DRAPER)

8) THE HIDDEN AGENDA AND PERSONS BEHIND THE NOVEL, THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, BY RICARD CONDON AND WHO MIGHT HAVE BEEN CONDON'S INFORMANT ON THE ENTIRE SUBJECT OF MIND CONTROL, AND INFLUENCING PUBLIC OPINION

WHY DID CONDON REFER TO DRAPER 3 DIFFERENT TIMES IN THE NOVEL AND HOW DID HE FIND OUT ABOUT DRAPER ANYWAY

9) THE REASON WHY DICK RUSSELL'S INFORMANT FINGERED ADOLPH TSCHEPPE-WEIDENBACH AND DOUGLAS MACARTHUR

10) THE INFRASTRUCTURE CREATED BY COL. ULIUSS L. AMOSS, MAJ. CARLETON S COON, MORRIS SCHAPIRO, RAY S. CLINE, CLENDENIN J. RYAN, NICOLAS BRADY AND HAROLD B. CHAIT AT BALTIMORE METALS AND BALDT ANCHOR AND CHAIN AND HOW IT WAS USED IN BOTH THE JFK HIT AND DURING IRAN-CONTRA AND DESERT STORM AND NOW FOR BLACKWATER ARMIES?

GET ON THIS TRACK AND YOU WILL SEE THE RELATIONSHIPS, THE PARTICIPANTS AND THEIR MOTIVATIONS AND THEIR GOALS

I HAVE NOT TAKEN POT SHOTS at Doug Horne. Everything I have heard about him

is quite positive.

What I did say after reading a purported excerpt from his book posted by someone

here is that he was quoted as saying that his research cleared LBJ of involvement in

the assassination. I rightly stated that any such claims must be viewed with extreme

skepticism in view of the mountain of evidence to the contrary. This is not a pot shot

at Horne, but at any evidence which exculpates Lyndon.

Jack

It's worth noting that right now, all five volumes are heavily discounted at Amazon.com, down to $16.87 each from the initial $25 price. As many are probably aware, Amazon (those cheeky buggers) go back and forth with their discounts and can pull the rug out from under you if you're not careful, so I'd recommend anyone cashed up in these trying weeks before Christmas treat themselves to as many volumes as they can get. I have to wait till Jan/Feb, doggone it, but I'm looking forward to eventually getting all of these. It may be worth waiting a few extra weeks for forum members to dig into the books before Doug pops up here to answer questions.

As an aside, FAMILY OF SECRETS is now cheaper in paperback on Amazon as well.

It's worth noting that right now, all five volumes are heavily discounted at Amazon.com, down to $16.87 each from the initial $25 price. As many are probably aware, Amazon (those cheeky buggers) go back and forth with their discounts and can pull the rug out from under you if you're not careful, so I'd recommend anyone cashed up in these trying weeks before Christmas treat themselves to as many volumes as they can get. I have to wait till Jan/Feb, doggone it, but I'm looking forward to eventually getting all of these. It may be worth waiting a few extra weeks for forum members to dig into the books before Doug pops up here to answer questions.

THANKS ANTHONY FOR TAKING THE TIME AND POSTING THIS INFORMATION FOR THE MEMBERSHIP..APPRECIATED;...B

THANKS ANTHONY FOR TAKING THE TIME AND POSTING THIS INFORMATION FOR THE MEMBERSHIP..APPRECIATED;...B

The book/s have yet to appear on Amazon UK. I am told Amazon prices vary from day to day.

Guest James H. Fetzer

We don't have to go to McAdams for comments on Salerian's paper, which I urged him not to present. The proof that JFK was hit four times--once in the throat from in front, once in the back from behind, and twice in the head from behind and from in front--is simply overwhelming. Of special interest is the through-and-through hole in the windshield, which has been thoroughly established by Doug Weldon in his chapter in MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA.

As David Andrews observes, what would have been the point of paralyzing JFK when he was already in the kill zone? The wound to the throat was described three times by Malcolm Perry, M.D., as a wound of entry. In his chapter on the medical evidence in MURDER, David Mantik explained that puncture wounds to his face, which the mortician, Thomas Evan Robinson, had had to fill in with wax, were apparently caused by small shards of glass when the bullet punctured the windshield.

Bob Livingston, the world authority on the human brain and an expert on wound ballistics, told me that he thought the wound to the throat had hit bone and broken into two pieces, one of which went downward into the right lung, the other upward where it severed the tentorium, a tough membrane that covers the cerebellum. Otherwise, he said, even the impact of two shots to the head would not have caused cerebellum to extrude from the back of the head wound.

It was Bob, of course, who concluded that the brain shown in diagrams and photographs at the National Archives cannot possibly be the brain of JFK, as he explained already in his contribution to ASSASSINATION SCIENCE. In his view, the death of JFK was therefore brought about by the causal interaction of three shots: the throat shot, which severed the tentorium; the back of the head shot, weakening the cranium; and the shot to the right temple, which created shock waves that blew about half his brains out the back of the head with great force.

Louis Witt's appearance before the HSCA, of course, was a joke, even though the issue is no laughing matter. The function of the umbrella seems to have been as a visual signal to shooters that, as long as it is pumping, the target is not dead and they should continue shooting. James Richards, whom I have found to be highly reliable about the identities of participants in the crime, has identified the "umbrella man" to me as Jerry Buchanan and not Louis Witt.

Jim Lewis, as I have reported on pages 11 and 436 of THE GREAT ZAPRUDER FILM HOAX, has traveled through the South and fired high-velocity rounds through the windshields of junked cars at dummies in their back seats. He has found that hitting the throat from around 200 yards--the distance from the above-ground sewer opening on the south side of the Triple Underpass--is not a difficult shot but that it makes the sound of a firecracker as it transits the glass.

Alen, whom I know personally, is sincere in his research, but in this instance he does not have it right. In his paper, he asserts that "A second bullet struck President Kennedy with posterior entry 6.5 inches below his neckline and was lodged in his chest." This is only partially correct, since the shot to the back was about 5.5 inches below the collar and not at the base of the neck, as the "magic bullet" theory requires. But it was a shallow wound with no point of exit.

Indeed, the determination of the location of the wound to the back--on the basis of the shirt, the jacket, the autopsy diagram, the FBI sketch, Berkley's death certificate, and re-enactment photographs--establishes beyond reasonable doubt that the "magic bullet" theory is not only provably false but--as David Mantik has demonstrated--is not even anatomically possible, which means the wound to the throat and those to Connally require other shots and shooters.

I have laid this out in "Reasoning about Assassinations", which I presented at Cambridge and published in a peer-reviewed journal, which is accessible via google. Surely it is not necessary to continue to debate issues that have long since been resolved. While I like Bill Kelly's review of Doug Horne's Vol. IV, I am just the least bit surprised that he does not appear to be aware that key issues were already addressed by Doug in his chapters in MURDER.

In particular, the existence of a second supplemental autopsy exam--during which another brain was substituted for the original--is reported there as well as Homer McMahon's report of observing 6-8 impacts on JFK. I think that, in this instance, there was a mistake in transcription, since that appears to be the correct number of impacts upon the occupants, not on JFK alone. He was hit four times, Connally as many as three, which equals a number between 6 and 8.

This article by Alen J. Salerian MD is relevant to Doug Horne's forthcoming book:

Dr. Salerian in Medical Hypotheses:Volume 71, Issue 4, Pages 475-624 (October 2008)

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=P...80feabfa5a26f09

There are three gross errors incompatible with scientific

inquiries that invalidate the postmortem

examination of President Kennedy.

1. The reported brain weight of 1500 g is incompatible

with the evidence that almost one-third of

the president’s brain tissue had been lost

because of the violent force of the head injury

and the anatomical reality of an average brain

weight of 1500 g

2. A bullet traveling downward and entering the

president’s back 6 in. below the collar line, consistent

with Newton’s second law of motion

and human anatomy, cannot exit

through the throat.

(Newton's Second Law of Motion states that “an object acted upon by a constant force will

move with constant acceleration in the direction of the force”.)

3. There is written evidence signed by Commander

Humes that he destroyed part of the autopsy

records and personal notes inconsistent with

accepted ethical and judicious medical practice

The seriousness, multiplicity and diversity of

gross errors not only render the postmortem exam

worthless but suggest complicity

Thanks to Peter Fokes who found this article. It is discussed on the

McAdams forum

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassi...40fe061e94e14b6

Guest James H. Fetzer

While I welcome Doug Horne's new studies, I would observe that they

appear to corroborate findings that have appeared in three previoius

books, where contributions by David W. Mantik, M.D., Ph.D., Robert

Livingston, M.D., Charles Crenshaw, M.D., Jack White, and John P.

Costella, Ph.D., among others, established that the autopsy x-rays

had been altered, another brain had been substituted, and the film

had been recreated. As their editor, I would me remiss not to point

out that some of Horne's own most important work was published in

MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA (2000). I am just the least bit perplexed

over this euphoria for work confirming what we had already proven--

nearly a decade before the publication of these corroborating studies.

The following review, for example, appeared in THE FOURTH DECADE

(January 2001), pp. 12-17.

MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA: A REVIEW www.assassinationscience.com/fourth.html

John Delane Williams

Murder in Dealey Plaza:What We Know Now That We Didn't Know Then About

the Death of JFK [1] is a book of readings about newly developed

information. It is edited by Jim Fetzer, who also edited Assassination

Science, [2] and convened a conference [3] in Minneapolis with many of the

same authors. Fourteen different articles are the meat of this book.

Fetzer begins this with "Smoking Guns". Sixteen smoking guns are

discussed, many of which are gone over in considerable detail by the other

authors. Fetzer chose a logical sequence for presenting the articles. With

apologies, the order is changed here, with significance to the overall

story dictating order.

Two Different Brains

A logical starting point for me is Doug Horne's "Evidence of a goverment

Cover-up: Two Different Brain Specimens at President Kennedy's Autopsy". I

had attended the conference in Minneapolis where John Tunheim, who had

directed the work of the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB), stated

that there would be no smoking guns in the released records. [4] Doug

Horne has apparently proven his boss wrong. Horne concluded that there

were two different examinations of the JFK brain. The first examination

occurred on (or about) November 25, 1963. Dr. Pierre Finck was not present

for that examination, but was present at an examintion, purportedly of

JFK's brain, on November 29, 1963. An autopsy photographer, John Stringer,

claimed Finck was not present at the examination. Stringer took several

photographs. Yet the archive photographs include several different views

that Stringer did not take. This present rendering is but a short outline

of the intricate story that comes from the files at the archives that

allowed Horne to posit two different brains at the two examinations.

A Chronology of 22 November 1963

Ira David Woods III has been working on a chronology of events in Dallas.

His chronology, JFK Assassination Chronology, is said to be over 400 pages

long and still not completed. The present reported chronology ("22

November 1963: A Chronology",) is 101 pages long. The chronology has its

own smoking guns. One favorite of mine is Oswald's wallet. At 7:10 AM, he

left his wallet in the dresser with $170 in it; Oswald carried $13.87 to

work. Sixty-one pages later, he left wallet #2 at the Tippit murder scene,

together with a driver's license. Eleven pages later, wallet #3 showed up

at the Texas Theatre where Oswald is arrested. WFAA newsfilm shows the

wallet being gone through at the theatre. It should be noted that five

wallets of Oswald's have been accounted for; in addition to the three

mentioned here, two additional wallets were taken from the Paine residence

by the FBI. [5] Also related in this chronology is the Summers [6] story

that J.D. Tippit had begun an affair with a waitress who worked at

Austin's Barbecue Drive In. Tippit worked at the barbecue in his off

hours. The recently divorced paramour of Tippit was taken to the funeral

parlor by her ex-husband to see Tippit's body before Tippit's widow and

family arrived. The Tippit paramour then revealed to her jealous

ex-husband that she was pregnant by Tippit. The ex-husband had on

occassion followed the two at night in his car. The couple reunited, with

the husband raising the child as his own until their next breakup in 1968.

The Secret Service

Douglas Weldon has focused on the JFK limousine; this focus has lead

directly to the involvement of the Secret Service ("The Kennedy Limousine:

Dallas 1963"). Weldon reviews the confusing and contradictory history of

the limousine. What is clear is that the Secret Service either destroyed,

or had destroyed, evidence of the assassination regarding the limousine.

An agent was photographed with a bucket and water and sponge to wash blood

and brain matter out of the area where JFK sat. [see 7, p.41] Also, a boy

was taking pictures of the limousine outside Parkland Hospital, a Secret

Service agent took away his camera and exposed the film. The Altgen's

photo [see 8, pp. 30-31] shows the bullet hole in the limousine; the

picture was taken at a time equivalent to Z-255. It was rumored that the

Secret Service ordered 20 windshields for the limousine. The picture of

the windshield produced by the Secret Service a week after the

assassination likely could have been one of these substitutes.

Weldon hypothesises the windshield damage was caused by a shot from the

south knoll, perhaps from the storm drain. Secret Service agent Emory

Roberts, in command of the agents in the second car, ordered the agents

not to move at the sound of the first shot. Roberts also appeared to take

command at Parkland Hospital exercising authority he did not posess.

The centerpiece of Weldon's article is the witness from the Ford Motor

Company. The Ford employee, who asked not to be named (actually he didn't

want his story told during his lifetime; he did partially relent. Weldon

played the tape recording of his conversations with the Ford employee at

the Minneapolis Conference [9]). The Ford employee was at work at the

Dearborn, Michigan plant on 11/25/63 when he was told by a division Vice

President to go to the glass plant lab. He and two other employees were to

make a template from the limousine windshield so that it could be

replaced. The windshield had a bullet through it, eminating from the

outside. The carpeting and the interior were completely stripped out. The

original windshield was removed, broken up and scrapped, as they were

ordered to do. Only two people could have ordered the limousine taken to

Dearborn, Lyndon Johnson and James Rowley, Chief of Secret Service. It

seems unlikely that Rowley would make this decision except at Johnson's

approval.

A scathing review of Weldon's article was recently published by Tim Smith.

[10] Smith maintains that there was no hole in the windshield, and berates

Weldon for not naming the Ford employee. The idea that someone fears for

their life if they tell what they know seems to escape Smith.

Vincent Palamara, a leading student of the Secret Service's involvement

with the assassination, [see 11] addresses three focal members of the

Secret Service, Floyd Boring, Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the

White House Detail, Emory Roberts and Bill Geer. Dallas Sheriff Bill

Decker had promised full support to motorcade security; this help was

rejected, presumably by Boring, who was in Washington but in charge of

planning for the Texas trip. More stripping of security included removal

of flanking police motorcyclists, and without agents sitting on the back

of the limousine. Roberts left two agents at Love Field, Henry Rybka and

Don Lawton. Both had been involved in protection to JFK in recent

motorcades. Roberts also ordered agents not to move toward the limousine.

Only Clint Hill, assigned to protect Jaqueline Kennedy, ran to the

limousine, but too late for JFK. At Parkland Hospital, Roberts usurped

Agent Kellerman's authority. Upon seeing JFK was dead in the limousine,

Roberts said to Kellerman, "You stay with Kennedy. I'm going to Johnson".

[12] Bill Geer was the driver of the limousine who apparently slowed the

limousine down almost to a stop (or did momemtarily stop), allowing a

better shot (or shots).

The Zapruder film

An article that addresses eyewitness statements, Vince Palamara reports

(59 Witnesses: Delay on Elm Street, pp. 119-128) on 59 Dealey Plaza

witnesses. The witnesses reported that a) either the limousine stopped; or

the limosine slowed to almost a complete stop. The Zapruder film shows

no such event corresponding to these reports. The eyewitness accounts

would cast doubt on the authenticity of the Zapruder film.

A second article by Doug Horne involves interviews with two former CIA

employees of the National Photographic Interpretation Center (NPIC). The

existing record says the Zapruder film had three copies made in Dallas.

Bill MacMahon of the NPIC says he was told by Secret Service agent Bill

Smith that Smith took the film from the person who who exposed it, flew it

to Kodak in Rochester, NY to get it developed, and then brought it

directly to the NPIC. It was brought there because the NPIC had special

state of the art equipment. They could enlarge each frame up to 40 times

its original size; then they would produce internegatives which were used

to produce multiple colored prints of selected frames. A second NPIC

worker, Ben Hunter, recalled that a "Captain Sands" delivered the film. He

later amended this recollection to say that a secret service agent brought

the film. MacMahon and Hunter were to find the three shots and select

frames for reproduction. MacMahon said his opinion was that Kennedy was

shot 6-8 times from three different directions. He was told that there

were three shots from behind from the School Book Depository; MacMahon

concluded they were to make frames, not do an analysis

A 16 page inset of photographs are shown and discussed by Jack White in

"The Great Zapruder Film Hoax, and Other Photographic Frauds Perpetuated

by the U.S. Government." White has done considerable photographic work. He

served as an advisor on photographic evidence to the House Select

Committee on Assassinations, as well as seved as a consultant to Oliver

Stone on JFK. White also produced the video Fake! [13] on the Oswald

backyard photos. In his present contribution, White casts doubt on whether

Zapruder actually did the filming. Several frames from the Zapruder film

are compared to other photographic evidence. There are several indications

of differences. A comparison of the photos of the Nix film and the

Zapruder film are such that that at least one of them is falsified. For

example, Z-369 and the equivalent Nix frame show some but not all the same

people from the front and the back. The Zapruder figures seem less

lifelike. It would appear to me that there is a slight time differential

between the Nix and Zapruder films; it appears at least three new people

have run into the area. It appears to me that one of the persons has

vanished (this person is labelled 4 by White in Z-369, and labeled

"S.O.B." in Cicione. [14] Unfortunately, Cicione did not include younger

people in his master list of Dealy Plaza witnesses. At least some of the

people appearing in the Nix frame, but not the Zapruder frame, appear to

be younger (under 21). What White does is show that the Zapruder film and

the Nix film are incompatible; at least one of them has been altered. One

final note on the White pictures: I was unaware of the the painted yellow

stripes in the "kill zone" until my trip to Dallas in November, 2000.

White uses the yellow stripe from the Zapruder film to make an exact frame

match to show alterations in the Zapruder film.

The final essay on the Zapruder film controversy is provided by David

Mantik, who is a major contributor to this volume. Mantik had three

articles in Assassination Science [15, 16, 17] as well as presenting at

the conference in Minneapolis. [18] His presentation in Assassination

Science was more a technical explanation of how the Zapruder film was

altered. Mantik's essay on the Zapruder film is more of an reasoned

approach attempt to show altering the film was not unthinkable. Mantik

first reviews the resemblances of the JFK assassination to that of

Fedinand in 1914. He makes the point that our knowledge of the Franz

Ferdinand assassination is almost entirely by eyewitness testimony. Were

we to take the same view with the JFK assassination, we might have a

different view; the availability and use of several different recording

devices seems to feed a sense that the evidence provided by the still film

and moving film would seem to be more reliable than eyewitness

recollection; Mantik points out that, from a legal view, for a tape to be

introduced into evidence in court, eyewitness testimony needs to preceed

the introduction of photographic evidence. For the Zapruder film to be

authentic and have an evidentiary base, a chain of posession needs to be

established. The work of Horne in this volume would strongly call into

question an unbroken chain of possession.

A very strong case for film alteration can be inferred from eyewitness

testimony, which reports either a complete stop or an almost complete stop

of the limousine on Deala Plazy. An alternative interpretation is either

the camera was erratic, or Zapruder turned off the recording to exactly

coincide with the stop. There are probably technical details that would

render the latter argument to be rejected, however, I don't have the

expertise to do so. A possibility that Mantik gives is the simple excision

of frames in selected places that could achieve a number of aims,

including removing evidence on a stop by the limousine. Such an excision

could have been directed by the Secret Service for the purpose of

eliminating the inappropriate stop (or near stop) by William Greer. The

number of anomalies in the Zapruder film are quite numerous. The

intersprocket image extends all the way to the left edge, unlike the

simulations done by Roland Zavala, a retired Kodak engineer who was

re-hired to do work with Kodak for the AARB. The overexposures typical of

a beginning filming sequence is missing in the film. The likely

interpretation is an excision. Other anomalies include William Greer's

rapid head turn, Toni Foster's unusual stop (and her growing to almost

seven feet tall [19]), among many others.

It should be noted that ther are persons who support a conspiracy approach

who argue that the Zapruder film is authentic. Notable among them is Hal

Verb [see, for example, 20, 21]. On the other hand, a long term dissenter

against accuracy of the Zapruder film is Harrison Livingston [see 22-26].

The Medical Evidence

Gary Aguilar, in "The Converging Medical Case for Conspiracy in the Death

of JFK", makes the point that the available medical evidence grabs the

skeptic who searches for a responsible explanation of the conflicting

evidence. Witnesses who saw Kennedy's head wounds overwhelmingly describe

a wound in the back of JFK's skull that couldn't have been caused by a

shooter from behind. Credible witnessess, when shown the autopsy photos,

called them 'doctored' because they don't show the rearward skull damage.

More photographs were taken by autopsy photographers than are now extant.

On the matter of missing photographs, Drs. Humes, Boswell, and Ebersole,

together with autopsist photographer John Stringer signed on 11/1/66 a

document saying, "The X-rays and photographs described and listed above

include all the X-rays and photographs taken by us during the autopsy and

we have no reason to believe that any other X-rays or photographs were

made during the autopsy". [27] Another false affidavit, signed on

11/22/63 by Stringer and Floyd Reibe, an assistant autopsy photographer,

specified the number of autopsy photographs that were taken and

surrendered to Secret Service Agent Roy Kellerman. Both Stringer and Reibe

stated they were ordered to sign by Captain Stover, the Commanding Officer

of the U.S. Naval Medical School. At least the 11/1/66 affidavit was

apparently at the command of Lyndon Johnson. [28]

David Mantik is uniquely qualified to address the JFK autopsy issues;

Mantik holds a Ph.D in physics as well as an M.D. The article on "The

Medical Evidence Decoded" is more an integration of his research with the

recent efforts of other researchers. From Douglas Weldon, he notes that

several witnesses indicate a shot from the left front, probably from the

storm drain south of the first overpass. Mantik concludes that this shot

is consistent with a shot to the right forehead. [NOTE: This appears

to be a confusion between the shot from the south storm drain, which

appears to have transited the windshield and hit JFK in the throat, and

a shot from the north storm drain, which entered the right temple and

blew his brains forcefully out the back of his head.] A right frontal shot

seems likely and consistent with metallic debris found in the X-rays.

Mantik systematically attacks the existing evidence. Much evidence is

missing. This is garnered from addressing witness testimony. Many

photographs taken at the autopsy are missing. Witnesses disagree

drastically with existing photographs. Two photographs that seem unlikely

to be of the same person are a posterior head photograph that shows an

intact head (p.221); when this photograph is contrasted to the one showing

a massive head injury (p.297), one's credulity is stretched beyond reason

that they represent different views of Kennedy's head. Mantik also

explains how a metallic object can later be added to an X-ray, using film

extant in 1963. Mantik hypothesises that Kennedy's throat wound was due to

glass fragments from the windshield. Mantik concludes that high government

officials had to approve, and probably transmit, orders for alteration of

critical forensic evidence. Persons who might have warranted grand jury

investigations included James Rowley, who led the Secret Service, which

held the critical autopsy materials; Robert Knudsen, White House

photographer; and Admiral George Burley, Kennedy's personal physician. All

three kept their jobs in the Johnson administration.

Righting the Record and Epilogue

Jim Fetzer addresses the question, "Could Oswald be Convicted?", using

material from Jesse Curry's JFK Assassination File. [29] This article uses

Curry's evidence to construct a probable conspiracy. The evidence suggests

that Oswald was not likely a shooter. It does not address a possible

involvement in a conspiracy for Oswald.

David Mantik addresses the lack of historians becoming involved in

researching the Kennedy assassination. Mantik laments the "Silence of the

Historians". I would suggest Barbie Zelizer's Covering the Body [30] as

another way to view the lack of historian involvement regarding the JFK

assassination. Zelizer maintains that journalists refuse to allow the

assassination story be given to historians. Many journalists gain prestige

by their relation to the JFK story. Journalists form an interpretive

community and marginalize persons and views they oppose. Within the

journalistic community, the JFK assasination was a turning point to allow

national television journalists to elbow out local and print media for the

ascendency. The day that Kennedy died was the most important day in the

career of Dan Rather. He went from being a regional journalist to a

national corespondent. Rather claimed to be at Dealey Plaza at the time of

the assassination, but a mile away four minutes later after running the

distance, talking to Walter Cronkite later. The importance of "being" at

the assassination was important to the carees of other journalists. Life

Magazine could "be there" by purchasing the Zapruder film. One might guess

that, as the Dan Rathers are gone from the scene, historians may start to

assert a claim to researching the story.

A final essay by Bertrand Russell, noted British mathematician and

philosopher, was previously published in 1969. [31] This essay seems

relevant today, and adds a few snippets that have not been widely

reported. District Attorney Henry Wade made a statement of Oswald's

movements. Oswald took a taxi driven by Darryl Click, who had signed an

affidavit to his having driven Oswald. Wade later altered the driver's

name to William Wahley. If "Click" was Wahley, then Wahley had signed a

false affidavit. If the two were not the same, there is conflicting

evidence. In either case, Wade's actions were compromised. "Good showing,

Bertrand."

Some might fault this book for the lack of inclusion of other information

that we now know that we didn't know then. These might include the

involvement of LBJ [32, 33, 34], which includes identifying Mac Wallace's

(an LBJ henchman) print on the sixth floor of the Texas Schoolbook

Depository. This print had long been unidentified. [35] The work of Peter

Dale Scott [36] as well as other research deserves mentioning. But a book

has to end somewhere. This is an excellent start.

Notes

1. Fetzer, J.H. (Ed.) (2000). Murder in Dealey Plaza: What We Know Now

that We didn't Know Then About the Death of JFK. Chicago: Catfeet

Press.

2. Fetzer, J.H. (Ed.) (1998). Assassination Science: Experts Speak out

on the Death of JFK. Chicago: Catfeet Press.

3. The Death of JFK Conference. (1999, May). Minneapolis.

4. Tunheim, J.R. (1999, May). The AARB Records. The Death of JFK

Conference. Minneapolis.

5. Armstrong, J. (1998). Lee and Harvey Oswald; the Mystery of the

Wallets. The Fourth Decade, 5,6,20-28.

6. Summers, A. (1980). Conspiracy. New York: McGraw-Hill.

7. Trask, R. (1994). Picture of the Pain. Danvers, MA: Yeoman's

Press.

8. Groden, R.J. (1993). The Killing of a President. New York:

Viking Studio Books.

9. Weldon, D. (1999, May). Kennedy Limousine. The Death of JFK

Conference. Minneapolis.

10. Smith, T. (2001). Windshield Reflections. JFK Deep Politics

Quarterly, 6,2,16-21.

11. Palamara, V.M. (1993). The Third Alternative: Survivor's Guilt:

The Secret Service and the JFK Murder. Pittsburgh: Author.

12. Manchester, W. (1967). The Death of a President. New York:

Harper & Row.

13. White J. (1990). Fake! (Video). Fort Worth: Third Coast

Productions.

14. Cicone, C. (1996). Schematic and Master List of Witnesses in

Dealey Plaza. Highland Park, MI: Author.

15. Mantik, D.W. (1998). The JFK Assassination: Cause for Doubt. in

Fetzer, J.H. (Ed.) (1998). Assassination Science: Experts Speak Out

on the Death of JFK (pp. 93-139). Chicago: Catfeet Press.

16. Mantik, D.W. (1998). Optical Density Measurements of the JFK X-

rays and a new Observation Based on the Chest X-ray. in Fetzer, J.H.

(Ed.) (1998). Assassination Science: Experts Speak Out on the Death

of JFK (pp. 153-160). Chicago: Catfeet Press.

17. Mantik, D.W. (1998). Special Effects in the Zapruder Film: How

the Film of the Century was Edited. in Fetzer, J.H. (Ed.) (1998).

Assassination Science: Experts Speak Out on the Death of JFK (pp.

263-343). Chicago: Catfeet Press.

18. Mantik, D.W. (1999, May). The Zapruder Film. The Death of JFK

Conference. Minneapolis.

19. White, J. (2000). The Great Zapruder Film Hoax. in Fetzer, J.H.

(Ed.) Murder in Dealey Plaza: What We Know Now that We didn't Know

Then About the Death of JFK (ins. 1-16). Chicago: Catfeet Press.

20. Verb, H. (1998). Book reviews: Bloody Treason and Assassination

Science. The Fourth Decade. 5,2,12-17.

21. Verb, H. (2000). Livingston's creation science and the Zapruder

film. The Fourth Decade. 7,2,12-15.

22. Livingston H.E. (1999). The Zapruder film: a study in

deception- part one. The Fourth Decade. 6,4,14-31.

23. Livingston H.E. (1999). The Zapruder film: a study in

deception- part two. The Fourth Decade. 6,5,12-26.

24. Livingston H.E. (1999). The Zapruder film: a study in

deception- part three. The Fourth Decade. 6,6,25-37.

25. Livingston H.E. (1999). The Zapruder film: a study in

deception- part IV. The Fourth Decade. 7,1,17-28.

26. Livingston H.E. (2000). The Zapruder film: a study in

deception- part V. The Fourth Decade. 7,2,7-12.

27. Weisberg, H. (1975). Post Mortem. Frederick, MD: Author.

28. Aguilar, G. (2000). The Converging Medical Case for Conspiracy in

the Death of JFK. in Fetzer, J.H. (Ed.) (2000). Murder in Dealey

Plaza: What We Know Now that We didn't Know Then About the Death of

JFK (pp. 175-217). Chicago: Catfeet Press.

29. Curry, J. (1969). JFK Assasination File. Dallas: American

Poster & Printing Co.

30. Zelizer, B. (1992). Covering the Body: The Kennedy

Assasination, the Media, and the Shaping of Collective Memory.

Chicago: U. of Chicago Press.

31. Russell, B. (1969). The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell,

1944-67. London: Allen & Unwin.

32. Brown, M.D. (1997). Texas in the Morning: The Love Story of

Madeleine Brown and Lyndon Baines Johnson. Baltimore: The

Conservatory Press.

33. Brown, W. (1998). TSBD Evidence Places LBJ "Hit Man" in

Sniper's Nest. JFK Deep Politics Quarterly (extra edition) 3,3.

34. Williams, J.D. (1999). Lyndon B. Johnson and the Assassination

Conspiracies. JFK Deep Politics Quarterly. 4,2,25-28.

35. Sloan, B. (1993). Breaking the Silence. Dallas: Taylor Pub. Co.

36. Scott, P.D. Deep Politics II: Essays on Oswald, Mexico & Cuba.

Skokie, IL: Green Archive Publications.

John Delane Williams

522 Belmont Road

Grand Forks, ND 58201

If anyone wants to quote or refer to this preview of IARRB this is the version that they should use as I've made some corrections.

Future corrections and additional reviews of each volume will be added to the blog.

BK

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/

Bill Kelly's Preview - 11/29/09

Doug Horne’s Inside the Assassination Records Review Board (IARRB) is the most important book to be published on the assassination of President Kennedy in decades, not only because it changes the way we look at that murder, but in showing how the remaining issues can be resolved by determining the truth.

All the debates end here, and the arguments are replaced with questions that were posed but not answered when the Assassination Records Review Board was alive and ostensibly overseeing the declassification and release of the government's JFK assassination records. Many of the questions weren't even asked because the ARRB failed to fully use its power to subpoena witnesses and take the sworn testimony of witness.

As Horne, the chief analyst for military records explains, "While the Review Board had the power to subpoena witnesses and grant immunity, the subpoena power was used sparingly (with a limited number of medical and CIA witnesses), and the immunity power was never exercised. The reason: none of the Board Members were convinced there was any conspiracy or coverup, and therefore were only interested in clarifying the record in a few areas. At least the staff of the ARRB was permitted to conduct unsworn witness interviews without seeking permission from the Board Members. Sadly, senior staff members often elected not to even tape record witness interviews, which make the staff's written interview reports incredibly important as historical tools."

To its credit, the ARRB did manage to release millions of pages of documents, identified important records that are missing and others that have been destroyed, and they’ve called attention to those records that they deemed necessary to withhold until 2017, when the last classified secret JFK assassination record is scheduled to be released.

Now however, over a decade after the ARRB shut down, and years before the last record is released, we have a real good idea of what happened in Dallas, and in DC in the aftermath of the President’s murder. And with Doug Horne’s extremely detailed analysis of the military records, his conclusions are hard to avoid.

Supporting the general consensus that there was a conspiracy behind what happened at Dealey Plaza, Horne takes it a step further, and calls it straight and unambiguous – it was a coup d’etat, with those responsible for the murder taking over the government and changing policy. And lying all the way, but hey, after multiple homicides, the lying part is easy.

Building on the recent evaluations of the assassination that are in line with the Cold War history, crediting David Talbot’s “Brothers,” Jeff Morley’s “Our Man In Mexico” and Jim Douglas’ “JFK & the Unspeakable,” Horne surrounds JFK's story with the proper social frame work, and details how the evidence of a Dealey Plaza coup fits like a glove with the overall historical record.

Not only concluding there was a conspiracy, through his own personal journey, Horne takes the reader on a tour of the intestines of the coup and cover-up, from Dealey Plaza and Parkland Hospital, aboard AF1, from Andrews to Bethesda, and a few back alleys we haven't been down before. Along the way he consistently refers to important records and corresponding eye witness accounts, pointing out the contradictions and discrepancies, and sometimes resolving them. Thank God for small victories, and belittling the idea that "We'll never know." Now we can know.

While matching the volume of the work of his nemesis Vincent Bugliosi (at 2,000 plus pages), Horne’s IARRB basically dismisses Bugliosi’s only suspect, mentioning Lee Harvey Oswald only a few times throughout the five volumes, and each time only referring to him as the patsy who was framed for the crime. Rather than follow Ozzie the rabbit, Horne sticks close to the body, what one of his mentors, David Lifton refers to as the "best evidence."

A non-fictional forensic documentary "CSI Dealey Plaza," based on Horne’s book, will certainly make a most definitive and fascinating rebuttal to Bugliosi’s upcoming and lame "Distorting History" HBO series with Tom Hanks, but who will have the courage to make "Inside JFK's Forensic Autopsy and Coup?" It isn't pretty, and its hard to say which is more ugly - the gore of the brain and guts or the betrayal of the Constitution by those behind the coup.

Although Horne’s doesn’t know who shot John F. Kennedy in the back and in the head, he’s quite confident that the shot that killed the President entered the right front temple and blew out the back of his skull. This shot blew apart half the brain and created the Harper fragment and the wounds described by the Dallas doctors before the head wound was surgically altered, removing bullet fragments and enlarging the entrance to appear as an exit, before the official autopsy began.

It must have been earlier in the day, after Oswald was captured but before Air Force One landed at Andrews, when it was strategically decided not to follow the original Castro Commie cover-story, and go with the lone-nut scenario, a specific decision that precluded an assassin from the front and required the altering of wounds at Bethesda and all other evidence of a second gunman, including the Z-film.

It is from this attempt to disavow the existence of a shooter from the front, that the other lies had to be created, including the Lone-Nut lie to replace the Cuban Commie Rat cover-story that was supposed to have led to an invasion of Cuba, and the Z-film alteration that failed to uphold the first lie.

Horne nicely weaves the details of the crime and the cover-up with the overall historical situation, as well as his personal quest for the truth, one that most people can identify with, and follow, and reluctantly, but eventually coming to agree with his acute and well reasoned analysis, and in the end, his terrifying conclusions.

Volume IV, the first book to be released, contains two chapters - 13, "What Really Happened at the Bethesda Morgue (And in Dealey Plaza?)" and the nearly 200 page Chapter 14, "The Zapruder Film Mystery," which is probably the most controversial, but also contains the convincer.

Besides offering documentary proof and corresponding witness testimony to support this scenario, Horne also demonstrates conclusively that the Zapruder film was tampered with, constituting clear obstruction of justice for tampering with evidence. Unlike previous attempts to brand the Z-film a fake by unexplained anomalies, Horne takes a different approach, and utilizing the recollections of honorable and reputable CIA officials whose reputations cannot be impeached, he demonstrates how the chain of possession was lost and the film altered. While he doesn't know exactly who did it, Horne tells you when and where it was done (KODAK’s Hawkeye Works, Rochester, New York) and how and why they did it.

Because the chain-of-evidence is broken and the provenance of the body and the Zapruder film are no longer certain, as Douglas Horne so conclusively demonstrates, a new legal mandate kicks in, and the rules of the game change.

Just as Oliver Stone’s “JFK” forced Congress to pass the JFK Act, Doug Horne’s book "Inside the Assassination Records Review Board" should embarrass Congress into holding JFK Act Oversight Hearings, force the convening of a Special Federal Grand Jury to investigate crimes related to the assassination, and require a new and proper forensic autopsy of the victim and our national security.

No fewer words could accomplish as much.

[ William E. Kelly, Jr. is co-founder of the Committee for an Open Archvies (COA) and COPA – the Coalition on Political Assassinations. He can be reached at bkjfk3@yahoo.com or at http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/ ]

Edited by James H. Fetzer

Guest James H. Fetzer

This is a nice example of someone who has been out-of-touch with research on the authenticity of the Zapruder film, which has been proceeding at a rapid clip since the symposium on the film I organized and moderated at the Lancer Conference in 1996. Since the film has been used as the backbone of the cover up from its inception--including the creation of the "blob" of brains bulging forward, the missing right-front cranial mass from the x-rays, the caption for frame 313 in LIFE magazine describing how the direction of the shot was determined by the study of the film, and Abraham Zapruder's appearance on television that evening, using his had to show a blow-out to the right-front that did not occur--it would have been extremely unfortunate had Doug Horne followed the advice of J. Raymond Carroll and suppressed his research on the film. Indeed, one of the great virtues of Vol. IV is its exposure of film fakery.

Let me say that Doug Horne has been extremely generous in acknowledging the previous work by Jack White, David Mantik, David Healy, John Costella, and David Lifton, who are those who have made the most important contributions to establishing that the Z-film has been recreated. After all, anyone who takes for granted that the film is authentic--as have generations of students of the crime in generations past--will be unable to reconstruct what actually happened in Dealey Plaza during the assassination, since some events--such as William Greer bringing the limousine to a halt to make certain JFK would be killed, Motorcycle Patrolman Cheney's motoring forward to advise Chief Curry that he had been shot, and Mary Moorman and Jean Hill's stepping into the street to take Mary's famous Polariod--have been removed, while other events--such as the bulging "blob", the blood spray, and the passengers being thrown forward WHILE THE LIMO WAS ACCELERATING--have been added in. Horne's studies reinforce these discoveries.

I especially like the manner in which Doug Horne encourages other students of JFK to abandon their long-held but provably-false belief in Zapruder film authenticity:

The biggest problem we face right now in the JFK research community are the legions of "old guard" researchers who refuse to face this fact [that the Z-film has been fabricated] and who stubbornly cling to some piece of "bedrock evidence", which in their mind will lead them out of the wilderness if only they study it long enough and can divine its true meaning. For Thompson, Wrone, Weisberg, Groden, and may others, the Zapruder film has been this piece of bedrock evidence for over four decades. I say to the old guard who have continued to insist that the Zapruder film is an authentic and unaltered film in spite of the mounting evidence of its alteration, "Come on over, and see the light." You will feel better for having done so--in fact, it will liberate you. Once you accept the fact that the Zapruder film is a clever (but imperfect) forgery, you are free suddenly to believe the Dealey Plaza car stop witnesses (which include several Dallas motorcycle policemen and Bill Newman); Marily Sitzman; the Kodak laboratory personnel (who all say the original film was slit the evening of the assassination); Marilyn Willis; Erwin Schwartz; Cartha DeLoach; Dan Rather; and the Parkland doctors and nurses. For if you believe the Zapruder film is authentic, you must, of necessity, believe that all of these people are either liars, or incompetent and unreliable witnesses.

Following the lead of Noel Twyman, BLOODY TREASON (1997), who consulted Roderick Ryan, an expert on special effects from the cinema capitol of the world, who told him that the "blog" and the blood spray had been painted in, Doug Horne consulted additional experts on special effects and reported that, "When the 6K scans of frames 313 through 323 were viewed, one after the other on two high resolution video screens in the editing bay, Ned Price (who just happens to also be the Head of Restoration at a major Hollywood film studio) said: "Oh, that's horrible, that's just terrible! That's such a bad fake." His colleague, Paul Rutan, opined: "We are not looking at originals; we are looking at artwork." (By this, Rutan meant we were not looking at traveling mattes; we were looking at painted visual effects superimposed on top of the original film frames--by inference, he meant aerial imaging.) The film editor concurred with his two colleagues. To say that this was an electrifying moment would be a gross understatement.

"The considered opinions of our two film restoration professionals, who together have spent over five decades restoring and working with films of the late 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s (when visual effects were done optically--not digitally), in that one moment superseded the statements of all those in the JFK research community who have insisted for two decades now that the Zapruder film could not have been altered, because the technology did not exist to do so. Our two restoration experts know special effects in modern motion picture films far better than Josiah Thompson, or David Wrone, or Gary Mack, or Robert Groden, or me, for that matter; and their subjective opinion [better: professional judgment] trumps Rollie Zavada's as well--a man who has absolutely no experience whatsoever in the post production of visual effects in motion picture films. And while Rollie Zavada, a lifetime Kodak employee receiving retirement pay from his former employer, would certain have an apparent conflict of interest in blowing the whistle on Zapruder film forgery if his former employer was involved in its alteration, our three Hollywood film professionals had no vested interest, one way or the other, in the outcome of their examination of the 6Kscans on August 25th of 2009."

In complete opposition to J. Raymond Carroll, I assert that, if this had been the only contribution of Doug Horne's research toward a better understanding of the assassination of JFK and its cover up, it would have been worth the price of the volume by itself! I am completely and utterly in awe and admiration for his painstaking efforts and meticulous research on the most controversial aspects of the case, where I believe that it has become impossible to deny that the film is a fabrication and that the cover up cannot be understood --even remotely!--without rejecting the blindfold extended by Josiah Thompson, David Wrone, Gary Mack, Rollie Zavada and their chums and allies, who have held back major advances in research on the basis of their misconceived objections to the alteration of the film. I therefore agree with Bill Kelly in his belief that "the corner has been turned" in relation to the question of Zapruder film alteration. Jack White, David Mantik, David Healy, John Costella, David Lifton and I have known it for some time, but there is no substitute for a presentation that anyone with the capacity for objectivity can comprehend! For that--and for his diligence, his dedication, his intelligence, his self-sacrifice, and his professionalism--I congratulate him!

Inside the Assassinations Records Review Board: The U.S. Government’s Final Attempt to Reconcile the Conflicting Medical Evidence in the Assassination of JFK

By Douglas P. Horne

Chief Analyst for Military Records, Assassinations Records Review Board

Table of Contents

Chapter 14: The Zapruder Film Mystery p. 1185

Based on his interview with Dick Russell, my advice to Doug is to leave out this chapter entirely.

By his own admission, it is highly speculative. As such, its inclusion could seriously undermine the credibility of the book.

Instead he could just publish it on the Mary Ferrell site as a speculative article.

After all, its not as though the book will be TOO SHORT if this chapter is omitted.

And its not as though the book will not be CONTROVERSIAL enough if this chapter is omitted.

Edited by James H. Fetzer