The Education Forum

For the alterationists

Guest Duncan MacRae

Guest Duncan MacRae

The May 1964 FBI/Secret Service re-enactment in Dallas included a test film shot with the Zapruder camera. The film is at the National Archives waiting for someone to have it transfered to video. Perhaps if the alterationists investigated this further, they could find out information Re: the sprocket hole controversy and other debatable issues. It puzzles me why they have never tried to gain access to this avenue of research to prove their points, or have they?

Test films shot with the Nix and Muchmore cameras are also at the National Archives. This information was provided by Gary Mack.

Duncan MacRae

Edited by Duncan MacRae

I think this is a really neat idea, Duncan. That film was just sitting there and was shot in 1964. It ought to make a great comparison with the Zapruder film and resolve the remaining "problems." Nice going!

Josiah Thompson

The May 1964 FBI/Secret Service re-enactment in Dallas included a test film shot with the Zapruder camera. The film is at the National Archives waiting for someone to have it transfered to video. Perhaps if the alterationists investigated this further, they could find out information Re: the sprocket hole controversy and other debatable issues. It puzzles me why they have never tried to gain access to this avenue of research to prove their points, or have they?

Test films shot with the Nix and Muchmore cameras are also at the National Archives. This information was provided by Gary Mack.

Duncan MacRae

I think this is a really neat idea, Duncan. That film was just sitting there and was shot in 1964. It ought to make a great comparison with the Zapruder film and resolve the remaining "problems." Nice going!

Josiah Thompson

Duncan MacRae

Yes, indeed, and any such analysis would include the official survey of the area, as commissioned by Life and the Warren Commission.

Enter that into evidence.

And also, why does the official Secret Service reenactment film proceed from the sniper's nest and down the stairs and stop abruptly at the door of the Second floor lunchroom, where the accused assassin was positively identified by two witnesses within two minutes of the assassination? Why end the "Reenactment" there? Why not follow the accused assassin out the door, down the street, on the bus, off the bus, into cab, out of cab, standing at bus stop, walking down street ten blocks away...why NOT follow the RE-ENACTMENT to it's proper conclusion?

Why STOP the "Re-enactment" at the point when you realize it couldn't have happened that way, and no matter what else you do it's all a lie anyway?

Now go back to the surveyor's map made for the "reenactment" and see why they are still lying about it.

Bill Kelly

Josiah Thompson

Duncan MacRae

By all means it is a good idea to compare the SS film with the extant Z film

Note that each shows the FIRST FRAME locating the limo when it appears in the film.

The SS film positions the limo MAKING A WIDE TURN. this is absent in the extant

film.

Jack

Josiah Thompson

Duncan MacRae

Note that each shows the FIRST FRAME locating the limo when it appears in the film.

film.

Jack

Good point Jack! The SS were using a frame that had been removed to take away Greers wide turn

And also good point made by Duncan

I would love to watch and compare, and see if the SS film goes full flush left

Edited by Dean Hagerman

Josiah Thompson

Duncan MacRae

film.

Jack

Good point Jack! The SS were using a frame that had been removed to take away Greers wide turn

And also good point made by Duncan

I would love to watch and compare, and see if the SS film goes full flush left

Looks cloudy bright in SS frame and not full sun. Might not be enough light to stop the lens down all the way and sharpen up the edge of the circle of illumination and the aperture mask.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos - WCD Photos - Secret Service Reenactment - p1 sorry link link not enable...b

9 Nov 2006 ... The Secret Service photographed a re-enactment of the assassination on December 5, 1963. A pair of cameras was used, one providing a wide ...

www.maryferrell.org/.../Photos_-_WCD_Photos_-_Secret_Service_Reenactment_-_p1 - Cached

b

Edited by Bernice Moore

www.patspeer.com - Chapter 2b: The Secret Service Secrets

We find pictures of a Secret Service re-enactment, taken from the location of Abraham Zapruder's camera. These were, apparently, taken during the 11-27 ...

www.patspeer.com/chapter2b:thesecretservicesecrets

b

Edited by Bernice Moore

Josiah Thompson

Duncan MacRae

film.

Jack

Groden Scan

Josiah:

I looked up Shaneyfelt's testimony about the May, 1964 reconstruction, hopeful that I would find confirmation on the existence of such a test film. According to Shaneyfelt, he indeed took pictures from the Zapruder pedestal, frame by frame, as he photographed the re-enactment. But he did not--I repeat, did NOT--use Zapruder's camera. (And, after all, why should he have? Think about it: the hypothesis being tested was whether Oswald had a clear line of sight from the window; NOT whether the Zapruder camera was the source of the Z frames that are in evidence).

Quoting from Shaneyfelt's testimony, at page 148 of Volume 5 of the Warren Commission: "The picture in the upper right is a photograph that I made with a speed graphic camera from Zapruder's position of the car reestablished in that position."

According to Duncan MacRae's post, he has been informed by Sixth Floor Museum Curator Gary Mack that such a film--taken in Zapruder's camera-- exists at NARA. I have no way of knowing whether or not that is true. In addition, there is the question of whether any such test film was actually exposed at full telephoto.

If all this is indeed the case--i.e., if there was indeed motion picture footage from Zapruder's position, exposed with Zapruder's camera and exposed with the setting at full telephoto--then I would certainly like to know about it. Further, I would like to then examine the left margin and do a careful comparison between what those frames show and the frames from the so-called "camera original" Zapruder film.

From my reading of Shaneyfelt's testimony, the Zapruder camera was not used during the May, 1964 re-enactment. Rather, an ordinary speed graphic camera was utilized. Now it is entirely possible, I suppose, that Gary Mack has better information--and if so, perhaps he could post it on this forum. If such footage exists, using Zapruder's Bell and Howell camera, and exposed at full telephoto, I'd certainly like to obtain a contact print, showing the entire left margin--so that it can be compared with the Zapruder frames in evidence.

DSL

1/3/2010

4:20 AM PST

Postscript:

If such a film exists, then what is needed is not a video transfer, but a full frame contact print. That would be the best way to examine the intersprocket area--it seems to me. But. . first things first: did the Secret Service really shoot a test film, with Zapruder's camera, at full telephoto? And is such a film in the JFK Records Collection?

DSL

It would, indeed, be very interesting to see that test film that was

shot with Abraham Zapruder's camera in May of 1964.

I agree, I think that should be the main goal, getting this film and making a transfer

Along with Nix and Muchmore's test films that they shot at the same time

Edited by Dean Hagerman