The Education Forum

Zapruder Film Provenance - For Bill Kelly

Bill,

Since I started your original thread down a tangential road, I wanted to mention an observation that does address your initial purpose.

You quote Horne.....

...""Homer McMahon consistently claimed that he had enlarged individual frames from the original film, and that he recalled it was a 16 mm wide unslit double 8 home movie. During the first McMahon interview, he stated he was "sure we had the original film," because "we had to flip it over to see the image on the other side in the correct orientation." McMahon confirmed this recollection of an unslit double 8 home movie with opposing image strips during his in-person interview which was tape recorded on July 14, 1997…"

"…Although McMahon personally thought he saw JFK reacting to 6 to 8 shots fired from at least three directions, he said that the Secret Service agent arrived with his mind made up that only three shots had been fired, and that they all came from the Texas School Book Depository, behind the limousine." P 1224

"Both McMahon and Hunter said they had never seen the 3 legal-sized yellow pagesof notes related to the shot and timing analysis before. There was only one piece of paper among the original notes which contained the handwriting of either man—a half-sized sheet of yellow paper—the piece of paper upon which the handwritten entries 'shoot internegs, proc and dry, print test, make three prints,' and 'process and dry prints' are annotated, along with the respective times required for each step. McMahon recognized some of this handwriting as his own, and some of it as Hunter's. On the reverse side of this sheet of paper is a handwritten organization chart of the briefing board panels, and Hunter recognized two entries on this page as being written in his own hand."

"Analysis: First of all, we can now state with certainty that NPIC never copied the Zapruder film as a motion picture, even though for years the NPIC notes had mislead some researchers into believing that it had. However, Homer McMahon's rock-solid certainty that the film brought to him was an original, unslit 16 mm wide, double 8 movie—and that it came from a classified CIA photo lab run by Kodak at Rochester—implies that McMahon and Hunter were not working with the true camera-original film developed in Dallas, but were instead working with a re-created, altered film masquerading as 'the original.'…"

"…If McMahon was correct that he had viewed an original, 16 mm wide, unslit double 8 movie film the weekend of the assassination, and if it was really developed in Rochester at a CIA lab run by Kodak (as he was unambiguously told it was), then the extant film in the Archives is not a camera original film, but a simulated 'original' created with an optical printer at the CIA's secret film lab in Rochester."

It seems to me that this is argument is based on an assumption - that all three copies as well as the original were slit and reassembled in Dallas. Horne says....

"Following their return to the Kodak lab at about 8 PM, the three Kodachrome IIA contact prints were developed by the Kodak staff and the 'first day copies' were then slit lengthwise, down the middle of the entire length of each film, per normal practice, and reassembled as 8 mm 'single perf' movies (presumably with the home movie shot on side A first, followed by the assassination film shot on side that could only be viewed in normal circumstances thereafter on an 8 mm home movie projector. The assassination film—either the slit original, or one of the 'first day copies'—was then viewed at the Kodak plant in its 8 mm configuration."

However, there is no direct evidence of this. It's entirely possible that one of the copies remained in its original form. If that's so, then the film McMahon saw could have simply been a copy of one of the original copies. It's significant that McMahon does not mention or recall inter perf images, because only the original has inter perf images on the motorcade side. In fact, if the original was split Dallas, it's hard to understand why forgers would reassemble copies of the original and try to pass them off as originals - when it's clearly established that the original was now a 8mm single perf instead of a 16mm double perf. In fact, if I were going to make an assumption, it would be that the original A roll, the family pictures, never left Dallas for Life or anywhere else. Why would Zapruder want to give them up and why would Life want them. As I wrote, that's assumption and speculation, we'll never know unless more information comes to light. But until Horne can prove all the copies were split in Dallas all we're doing is assuming and speculating on 30 year old memories.

Best to you,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Logan

Bill,

Since I started your original thread down a tangential road, I wanted to mention an observation that does address your initial purpose.

You quote Horne.....

...""Homer McMahon consistently claimed that he had enlarged individual frames from the original film, and that he recalled it was a 16 mm wide unslit double 8 home movie. During the first McMahon interview, he stated he was "sure we had the original film," because "we had to flip it over to see the image on the other side in the correct orientation." McMahon confirmed this recollection of an unslit double 8 home movie with opposing image strips during his in-person interview which was tape recorded on July 14, 1997…"

"…Although McMahon personally thought he saw JFK reacting to 6 to 8 shots fired from at least three directions, he said that the Secret Service agent arrived with his mind made up that only three shots had been fired, and that they all came from the Texas School Book Depository, behind the limousine." P 1224

"Both McMahon and Hunter said they had never seen the 3 legal-sized yellow pagesof notes related to the shot and timing analysis before. There was only one piece of paper among the original notes which contained the handwriting of either man—a half-sized sheet of yellow paper—the piece of paper upon which the handwritten entries 'shoot internegs, proc and dry, print test, make three prints,' and 'process and dry prints' are annotated, along with the respective times required for each step. McMahon recognized some of this handwriting as his own, and some of it as Hunter's. On the reverse side of this sheet of paper is a handwritten organization chart of the briefing board panels, and Hunter recognized two entries on this page as being written in his own hand."

"Analysis: First of all, we can now state with certainty that NPIC never copied the Zapruder film as a motion picture, even though for years the NPIC notes had mislead some researchers into believing that it had. However, Homer McMahon's rock-solid certainty that the film brought to him was an original, unslit 16 mm wide, double 8 movie—and that it came from a classified CIA photo lab run by Kodak at Rochester—implies that McMahon and Hunter were not working with the true camera-original film developed in Dallas, but were instead working with a re-created, altered film masquerading as 'the original.'…"

"…If McMahon was correct that he had viewed an original, 16 mm wide, unslit double 8 movie film the weekend of the assassination, and if it was really developed in Rochester at a CIA lab run by Kodak (as he was unambiguously told it was), then the extant film in the Archives is not a camera original film, but a simulated 'original' created with an optical printer at the CIA's secret film lab in Rochester."

It seems to me that this is argument is based on an assumption - that all three copies as well as the original were slit and reassembled in Dallas. Horne says....

"Following their return to the Kodak lab at about 8 PM, the three Kodachrome IIA contact prints were developed by the Kodak staff and the 'first day copies' were then slit lengthwise, down the middle of the entire length of each film, per normal practice, and reassembled as 8 mm 'single perf' movies (presumably with the home movie shot on side A first, followed by the assassination film shot on side that could only be viewed in normal circumstances thereafter on an 8 mm home movie projector. The assassination film—either the slit original, or one of the 'first day copies'—was then viewed at the Kodak plant in its 8 mm configuration."

However, there is no direct evidence of this. It's entirely possible that one of the copies remained in its original form. If that's so, then the film McMahon saw could have simply been a copy of one of the original copies. It's significant that McMahon does not mention or recall inter perf images, because only the original has inter perf images on the motorcade side. In fact, if the original was split Dallas, it's hard to understand why forgers would reassemble copies of the original and try to pass them off as originals - when it's clearly established that the original was now a 8mm single perf instead of a 16mm double perf. In fact, if I were going to make an assumption, it would be that the original A roll, the family pictures, never left Dallas for Life or anywhere else. Why would Zapruder want to give them up and why would Life want them. As I wrote, that's assumption and speculation, we'll never know unless more information comes to light. But until Horne can prove all the copies were split in Dallas all we're doing is assuming and speculating on 30 year old memories.

Best to you,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

But we will know and we are not speculating on the memories of 30 year old memories since the Zapruder film has such exact and documented chain of possession and Provenance, which they went out of their way to establish.

We are just getting started in trying to document all of this so it is a bit premature to say that we'll never know.

If Doug Horne is correct, then the records will show what we want to know, and the more we look into it, the more witnesses and records we come up with, so why do you say we'll never know?

I think it is all coming together, and we will know why there were two separate sessions enlarging Z-film frames at the NPIC, one with Dino and one with Homer, and both describe two different types of film, and that's one physical anomally, rather than a perceived anomally in the content of the film.

While I accept Gary Mack's explanation for the anomalies in the content of the film, I am also trying to figure out why there were two separate sessions at the NPIC to enlarge individual frames and make briefing boards from the Z-film, which is described differently by the technicians who worked on it.

And I don't accept your conclusion that we'll never know, as we are learning more every day, and it's getting exciting, isn't it?

Have you heard Homer McMahon's tape recorded audio interview with ARRB?

And many thanks for your interest, and questions and pursuit of the truth as I think we are closer now than ever before.

And I don't think you are going down a tangital road, as this is where I too am going, and I like having others go down dark alleys with me, if you care to stick with this.

Bill Kelly

Edited by William Kelly

BILL''And I don't accept your conclusion that we'll never know, as we are learning more every day, and it's getting exciting, isn't it?''

BILL ANY THOUGHTS..I HAVE BEEN READING WITHIN SOME POSTS OF LATE THIS WE'LL NEVER KNOW CLAP TRAP IMO...IS THIS TO BE OR IS THIS THE NEWEST PLOY LINE...IMO THAT IS CRAP AS YOU SAY ''I think we are closer now than ever before. '' SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A NEW EXCUSE BEING FORMULATED WHICH WILL be ADDed TO AS IT CONTINUES I HAVE NO DOUBT...BY THOSE WHO BASICALLY DO NOT BELIEVE THE ZAPPY IS ALTERED...AND IN THE PAST HAVE LET THAT BE KNOWN..I ALSO SEE ONE IN PARTICULAR CLIMBING ON THE BAND WAGON SUDDENLY TRYING TO GIVE THE IMPRESSION OF EITHER BEING A CONVERT , OR SUGGESTING THEY ALWAyS PERHAPS kNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITHIN...WHY ??SO THAT WHICHEVER WAY THE RESULT FALLS WILL BE THEY THINK ON SAFE GROUND WITHIN THE ALTS FORUMS AND OTHERS...HMMM ONE NEVER KNOWS, IT CERTAINLY IS GETTING INTERESTING...IMO... <_< B, EXCUSE CAPITOLS THANKS...MUCH..

Edited by Bernice Moore

BILL''And I don't accept your conclusion that we'll never know, as we are learning more every day, and it's getting exciting, isn't it?''

BILL ANY THOUGHTS..I HAVE BEEN READING WITHIN SOME POSTS OF LATE THIS WE'LL NEVER KNOW CLAP TRAP IMO...IS THIS TO BE OR IS THIS THE NEWEST PLOY LINE...IMO THAT IS CRAP AS YOU SAY ''I think we are closer now than ever before. '' SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A NEW EXCUSE BEING FORMULATED WHICH WILL be ADDed TO AS IT CONTINUES I HAVE NO DOUBT...BY THOSE WHO BASICALLY DO NOT BELIEVE THE ZAPPY IS ALTERED...AND IN THE PAST HAVE LET THAT BE KNOWN..I ALSO SEE ONE IN PARTICULAR CLIMBING ON THE BAND WAGON SUDDENLY TRYING TO GIVE THE IMPRESSION OF EITHER BEING A CONVERT , OR SUGGESTING THEY ALWAyS PERHAPS kNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITHIN...WHY ??SO THAT WHICHEVER WAY THE RESULT FALLS WILL BE THEY THINK ON SAFE GROUND WITHIN THE ALTS FORUMS AND OTHERS...HMMM ONE NEVER KNOWS, IT CERTAINLY IS GETTING INTERESTING...IMO... <_< B, EXCUSE CAPITOLS THANKS...MUCH..

Bernice and Bill,

With all respect, that's not what I wrote.

"In fact, if I were going to make an assumption, it would be that the original A roll, the family pictures, never left Dallas for Life or anywhere else. Why would Zapruder want to give them up and why would Life want them. As I wrote, that's assumption and speculation, we'll never know unless more information comes to light. "

In short, we'll never know if Zapruder's family film left Dallas, unless we gather more information. I don't see how that's a ploy or clap-trap. I made it clear I was offering some speculation and suggesting that I could never be proven right unless we had more information. If that's part of the evil plan Bernice it's really, really subtle and I assure you, well beyond me.

Bill, I'm with you. I've never been impressed with the "image anomalies", but some of Horne's information is new and exciting and I really want to know where it leads. That said, I think it's important to separate out the new facts from assumptions and speculation so we can determine what evidence is needed to really establish something interesting. It's definitely not my conclusion that we'll never know - but I do think there's more work to be done.

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Logan

I agree with Bernice

I also agree with what Bill says, I have been reading Dougs 5 volumes and reading all posts and threads about Doug and his work and I must say i am very excited and also very proud of Doug for validating not only Lifton and TGZFH gang but all of us who have believed in alteration

This is a very exciting time indeed

Dean

Edited by Dean Hagerman

Bernice and Bill,

"In fact, if I were going to make an assumption, it would be that the original A roll, the family pictures, never left Dallas for Life or anywhere else. Why would Zapruder want to give them up and why would Life want them. As I wrote, that's assumption and speculation, we'll never know unless more information comes to light. "

In short, we'll never know if Zapruder's family film left Dallas, unless we gather more information. I don't see how that's a ploy or clap-trap. I made it clear I was offering some speculation and suggesting that I could never be proven right unless we had more information. If that's part of the evil plan Bernice it's really, really subtle and I assure you, well beyond me.

Bill, I'm with you. I've never been impressed with the "image anomalies", but some of Horne's information is new and exciting and I really want to know where it leads. That said, I think it's important to separate out the new facts from assumptions and speculation so we can determine what evidence is needed to really establish something interesting. It's definitely not my conclusion that we'll never know - but I do think there's more work to be done.

Jerry

As with B., I'm tired of hearing "we'll never know," which used to come from the LN camp, but now comes from the CTs who have an agenda to advocate and are falling behind in the polls.

I hear Jerry saying that we need more info, though James Douglas, in his Black Op Radio interview, said we don't need more information to know why JFK was killed, and I agree with Jerry, in that we really do need more information, not to convince ourselves, but to force the system to work.

As for knowing more about the Zapruder film, I think that is forthcoming, as I learn something new about it every day, and there's still a lot of outstanding questions that seem like they can be answered.

Like which one of the Z-films went to NPIC for each of the briefing board sessions that we know about, and who was briefed by the analysis done with the McMahon briefing boards?

And did the Z-film take a detour to Rochester and "Hawkeye Works" and if so, why?

And I like the way you put it, "...unless more information comes to light."

Indeed, we must shine a light in there and if there weren't any shennigans then there shouldn't be any trouble locating the appropriate records and more eyewitnesses, and throw a spotlight on all the whole thing so we can really see what happened, not only at DP but at the other crime scenes as well.

BK

Bernice and Bill,

Jerry

well jerry bill pointed out the we'll never know and i have been reading that posted more and more often so it has begun to be noticed...a bit of spec is fine if it does not get carried away to the great beyond as i see it...i will continue to read the posts and take more notice of what is being repeated and what now may suddenly be dropped that also sometimes happens when such is pointed out...a change of venue comes about..but yes there is certainly much more work to be done but it is coming together somewhat fast and furious now..a wonderful gift from doug horne...b

Edited by Bernice Moore

BILL ANY THOUGHTS..I HAVE BEEN READING WITHIN SOME POSTS OF LATE THIS WE'LL NEVER KNOW CLAP TRAP IMO...IS THIS TO BE OR IS THIS THE NEWEST PLOY LINE...IMO THAT IS CRAP AS YOU SAY ''I think we are closer now than ever before. '' SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A NEW EXCUSE BEING FORMULATED WHICH WILL be ADDed TO AS IT CONTINUES I HAVE NO DOUBT...BY THOSE WHO BASICALLY DO NOT BELIEVE THE ZAPPY IS ALTERED...AND IN THE PAST HAVE LET THAT BE KNOWN..I ALSO SEE ONE IN PARTICULAR CLIMBING ON THE BAND WAGON SUDDENLY TRYING TO GIVE THE IMPRESSION OF EITHER BEING A CONVERT , OR SUGGESTING THEY ALWAyS PERHAPS kNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITHIN...WHY ??SO THAT WHICHEVER WAY THE RESULT FALLS WILL BE THEY THINK ON SAFE GROUND WITHIN THE ALTS FORUMS AND OTHERS...HMMM ONE NEVER KNOWS, IT CERTAINLY IS GETTING INTERESTING...IMO... :lol: B, EXCUSE CAPITOLS THANKS...MUCH..

Bernice and Bill,

Jerry

As with B., I'm tired of hearing "we'll never know," which used to come from the LN camp, but now comes from the CTs who have an agenda to advocate and are falling behind in the polls.

I hear Jerry saying that we need more info, though James Douglas, in his Black Op Radio interview, said we don't need more information to know why JFK was killed, and I agree with Jerry, in that we really do need more information, not to convince ourselves, but to force the system to work.

As for knowing more about the Zapruder film, I think that is forthcoming, as I learn something new about it every day, and there's still a lot of outstanding questions that seem like they can be answered.

Like which one of the Z-films went to NPIC for each of the briefing board sessions that we know about, and who was briefed by the analysis done with the McMahon briefing boards?

And did the Z-film take a detour to Rochester and "Hawkeye Works" and if so, why?

And I like the way you put it, "...unless more information comes to light."

Indeed, we must shine a light in there and if there weren't any shennigans then there shouldn't be any trouble locating the appropriate records and more eyewitnesses, and throw a spotlight on all the whole thing so we can really see what happened, not only at DP but at the other crime scenes as well.

BK

here's where the light has to go: the medical evidence! Debating the Zapruder film is a lost cause, a cause the preservers of Dealey Plaza want to debate, endlessly..... until NARA housed Zapruder film authenticity is on the books, there'll never be an end to Z-film alteration nonsense.

BTW, where is Roland Zavada's rewrite of his original report? Has it ever been made public? Did he ever finish it?

Edited by David G. Healy

BILL ANY THOUGHTS..I HAVE BEEN READING WITHIN SOME POSTS OF LATE THIS WE'LL NEVER KNOW CLAP TRAP IMO...IS THIS TO BE OR IS THIS THE NEWEST PLOY LINE...IMO THAT IS CRAP AS YOU SAY ''I think we are closer now than ever before. '' SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A NEW EXCUSE BEING FORMULATED WHICH WILL be ADDed TO AS IT CONTINUES I HAVE NO DOUBT...BY THOSE WHO BASICALLY DO NOT BELIEVE THE ZAPPY IS ALTERED...AND IN THE PAST HAVE LET THAT BE KNOWN..I ALSO SEE ONE IN PARTICULAR CLIMBING ON THE BAND WAGON SUDDENLY TRYING TO GIVE THE IMPRESSION OF EITHER BEING A CONVERT , OR SUGGESTING THEY ALWAyS PERHAPS kNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITHIN...WHY ??SO THAT WHICHEVER WAY THE RESULT FALLS WILL BE THEY THINK ON SAFE GROUND WITHIN THE ALTS FORUMS AND OTHERS...HMMM ONE NEVER KNOWS, IT CERTAINLY IS GETTING INTERESTING...IMO... :lol: B, EXCUSE CAPITOLS THANKS...MUCH..

Bernice and Bill,

Jerry

Jerry,

Certainly some of Zapruder's family film DID leave Dallas.

A frame or two from the sequence of one of Zapruders children or grandchildren digging in a planter on a patio with a shovel was published in Esquire magazine, early 1970's as I recall. It accompanied the Stolley article on the film that appeared in that issue.

Todd

Bernice and Bill,

Jerry

Jerry,

A frame or two from the sequence of one of Zapruders children or grandchildren digging in a planter on a patio with a shovel was published in Esquire magazine, early 1970's as I recall. It accompanied the Stolley article on the film that appeared in that issue.

Todd

Here's one Todd...b

Bernice and Bill,

Jerry

Jerry,

Todd

Here's one Todd...b

Yep, that's one, the one I was thinking about. Thanks.

Perhaps the best way to continue to move forward is to keep an open mind and simply document everything that is known about the provenance of the Zapruder film and its different generations of copies. All the new information gives us more to weigh and evaluate.

Bernice and Bill,

Jerry

Jerry,

Todd

Here's one Todd...b

We should all also take note that the still of the boy digging has no sprocket hole image, thus, it is from a copy of the film, perhaps one made in black and white.

BILL ANY THOUGHTS..I HAVE BEEN READING WITHIN SOME POSTS OF LATE THIS WE'LL NEVER KNOW CLAP TRAP IMO...IS THIS TO BE OR IS THIS THE NEWEST PLOY LINE...IMO THAT IS CRAP AS YOU SAY ''I think we are closer now than ever before. '' SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A NEW EXCUSE BEING FORMULATED WHICH WILL be ADDed TO AS IT CONTINUES I HAVE NO DOUBT...BY THOSE WHO BASICALLY DO NOT BELIEVE THE ZAPPY IS ALTERED...AND IN THE PAST HAVE LET THAT BE KNOWN..I ALSO SEE ONE IN PARTICULAR CLIMBING ON THE BAND WAGON SUDDENLY TRYING TO GIVE THE IMPRESSION OF EITHER BEING A CONVERT , OR SUGGESTING THEY ALWAyS PERHAPS kNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITHIN...WHY ??SO THAT WHICHEVER WAY THE RESULT FALLS WILL BE THEY THINK ON SAFE GROUND WITHIN THE ALTS FORUMS AND OTHERS...HMMM ONE NEVER KNOWS, IT CERTAINLY IS GETTING INTERESTING...IMO... :rolleyes: B, EXCUSE CAPITOLS THANKS...MUCH..

Bernice and Bill,

Jerry

Jerry,

Todd

Here's one Todd...b

We should all also take note that the still of the boy digging has no sprocket hole image, thus, it is from a copy of the film, perhaps one made in black and white.

Todd,

As you've noted, my question is if the original family film ever left Dallas. If one or more copies were left un-slit then some family images had to leave - but not the original.

So I think we're on the same page. However, I disagree with your analysis of the frame Bernice posted. I don't see the full inter-sprocket area but I do see the sides of the sprocket holes.

However, although the sprockets are not visible on the motorcade copies, they are visible on the family film copies. Therefore the sprocket holes don't settle the issue of the source of this frame. It could be from the original or from a copy.

BTW Bernice, I'm always amazed at the resources you have close to hand. Thanks for finding that image and putting it up.

Best to you both,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Logan

BILL ANY THOUGHTS..I HAVE BEEN READING WITHIN SOME POSTS OF LATE THIS WE'LL NEVER KNOW CLAP TRAP IMO...IS THIS TO BE OR IS THIS THE NEWEST PLOY LINE...IMO THAT IS CRAP AS YOU SAY ''I think we are closer now than ever before. '' SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A NEW EXCUSE BEING FORMULATED WHICH WILL be ADDed TO AS IT CONTINUES I HAVE NO DOUBT...BY THOSE WHO BASICALLY DO NOT BELIEVE THE ZAPPY IS ALTERED...AND IN THE PAST HAVE LET THAT BE KNOWN..I ALSO SEE ONE IN PARTICULAR CLIMBING ON THE BAND WAGON SUDDENLY TRYING TO GIVE THE IMPRESSION OF EITHER BEING A CONVERT , OR SUGGESTING THEY ALWAyS PERHAPS kNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITHIN...WHY ??SO THAT WHICHEVER WAY THE RESULT FALLS WILL BE THEY THINK ON SAFE GROUND WITHIN THE ALTS FORUMS AND OTHERS...HMMM ONE NEVER KNOWS, IT CERTAINLY IS GETTING INTERESTING...IMO... :rolleyes: B, EXCUSE CAPITOLS THANKS...MUCH..

Bernice and Bill,

Jerry

Jerry,

Todd

Here's one Todd...b

Todd,

As you've noted, my question is if the original family film ever left Dallas. If one or more copies were left un-slit then some family images had to leave - but not the original.

So I think we're on the same page. However, I disagree with your analysis of the frame Bernice posted. I don't see the full inter-sprocket area but I do see the sides of the sprocket holes.

However, although the sprockets are not visible on the motorcade copies, they are visible on the family film copies. Therefore the sprocket holes don't settle the issue of the source of this frame. It could be from the original or from a copy.

BTW Bernice, I'm always amazed at the resources you have close to hand. Thanks for finding that image and putting it up.

Best to you both,

Jerry

Jerry,

Certainly I see the partial sides (corners actually) of the sprocket holes in the picture that Bernice posted.

When I wrote that it “has no sprocket hole image”, my meaning was that there is no filmed image visible between what we can see of the sprocket holes, not that we can’t see images of the sprocket holes themselves.

Since the picture that we are looking at (the picture that Bernice posted) has no filmed image visible between what we can see of the sprocket holes, it cannot be a picture of the original film (or one of the first day copies) and must be a picture of a later copy of the film.

Todd