The Education Forum

Black and White and Jack White

Len Colby

Brasil's claims are distorted or untrue. For instance, WTC6 was not BLACK, but two shades of

gray aluminum, with a white ground floor. Early photos showing in to be black were results

of the explosion and fire which blackened the exterior. I stand by all of my later studies

about the color of the building and the explosion which occurred there. The attached shows

this, as well as the street scene which Brasil says was wrong. It is correct.

Jack

PS. I am having trouble uploading the image.

It’s a cliché to say that a situation or ethical / moral / political question/issue is “black and white” to indicate that the correct position is obvious or at least that the difference between the opposing positions is clear. After all it’s assumed nothing could more unambiguous that the difference between those two extremes?

However the forum’s own self-styled expert or legendary “photo-analyst” has shown that he is subject to confusion over something most people would consider too obvious to question or ponder.

Jack has repeatedly pushed his theory that 6 World Trade Center (6 WTC) a small building that was located at the northwestern most corner of the complex devastated on 9/11 was blown up well before either of the Twin Towers collapsed. He has promoted various odd proofs in support of this theory. Probably the most bizarre was that 6 was a white building but was stained black by this supposed explosion. The problem is that 6 World Trade Center (like buildings 4 & 5) always was black. Jack argues that the building only appears black when in shadow and while its true 6 was metallic and parts of it sometimes appears to be gray in photos when being struck by direct sunlight it clearly is black.

One might ask what any of this has to do with the assassination. The connection is Jack, he claims to be an expert analyst of photos of the assassination (as well as other events) and many here unquestioningly accept his claims. But his difficulty with something as basic as telling the difference between black and white impeaches his claim to expertise in interpreting photographic images.

WorldTradeCenterDay1.jpg

http://www.september11news.com/WTCArt.htm

This aerial photo was taken looking NNE. 6 WTC is the small building immediately behind (north of) the North Tower on the SE corner, despite being in direct sunlight its facade is clearly black. Jack my try to allege that the photo is underexposed (i.e. too dark) but note:

- how much darker the facade is than: the roof which is white-gray, the towers whose tonality we are all familiar with, the Marriott Hotel (bottom middle, south and west of the towers, the Verizon building (across the street from 6 WTC on the NE corner),just about every building in sight

-it is very close in color to the asphalt in the streets

-how light the sky is.

Wtc_arial_march2001.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...l_march2001.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center

This high resolution aerial photo was taken from a similar angle but unfortunately was taken in the morning leaving WTC 6, in the shade. But it is clearly much darker than most of the reference points from the photo above as well as some others compare it to:

- its own roof

- the Twin Towers

- WTC 3, the hotel to right (south) of the north tower and in front of (west) of the south tower

- the white bus in front of WTC 1 on West St.

- the white car in front of WTC 3 on West St.

- west (shaded) sides of WTC 7 (the trapezoid building beside the north tower) and WFC 3 (the bottom left building with the domed roof)

- the pedestrian bridge over West St. between WTC 6 and WFC 3

Sphere_before_Sept_11.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6...ore_Sept_11.jpg

http://groups.google.com/group/us-memorial/web/the-sphere

The picture above shows 6 WTC (left) and 5 WTC (right). The upper part of 6 looks gray but that is because of glare reflecting of that part of the metallic building and the image being exposed for the darker areas, if the photo were exposed for the brighter area the rest would be too dark as in the next photo. We see the same principle in backlit photos* taken at the beach. This is one of the most basic principles of photography but Jack displays his ignorance once again. Note that:

1) things that really are white even when in shadow are far lighter see for example the curtains and blinds in WTC 5, the spray in the fountain, the roof of the kiosk and the shirts of several people in the plaza. That is how something white in the shade would appear but 5 & 6 WTC were black.

2) The buildings in the background, the Verizon Building (left) and 7 WTC (right), are ‘blown out’ (under exposed) as well.

wtc.fountain.jpeg

http://www.triroc.com/wtc/media/wtc.fountain.jpeg

http://www.triroc.com/wtc/media/suggestions.htm

The photo above shows a similar scene but was exposed for the highlights (bright areas) rather than the shadows. Note how:

1) black 5 & 6 WTC appear with almost no detail being visible.

2) much darker they are than 1WTC, the fountain spray, the yellow flowers, the rest of the plaza and the Verizon building despite being under identical lighting.

3) much darker the Verizon building (behind 6) is than in the other photo.

wtc6.jpg

http://www.hotrodsplace.com/photogallery2/WTC/wtc6.jpg

http://www.hotrodsplace.com/WTC.htm

Even AFTER the collapses of the Twin Towers we can see expected tone difference between parts in shadow and direct sun. Ifanything the building was a bitlighter due to beingcovered in dust.

* The 1st photo below for example was exposed for the girl and sand leaving the water too bright. The 2nd photo was exposed for the background leaving the man too dark.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2671/387918..._2a6cf6bec0.jpg

http://fotosa.ru/stock_photo/Goodshoot_JI/p_278456.jpg

Edited by Len Colby

Thanks for all the pretty photos. But what's the point, and why is this posted in the JFK section???

Colby makes numerous misstatements (rules prevent me from saying x-x-x-s) regarding what

I think.

Building 6 of the WTC had three basic colors. The ground floor was WHITE. The upper floors

were TWO SHADES OF GRAY aluminum panelling...a light gray interspersed by a darker

gray...though much of the facade was GLASS. Colby seems to be saying that that my position

is different than I have just stated. He has gone to a lot of trouble for nothing.

Moderators...I think this thread should be moved to CONSPIRACIES, where it can be ignored

along with all the other threads killed by Burton, Lamson and Colby. It is interesting, but pointless.

Jack

Wow a reply in 13 minutes, if I had replied so fast certain people would claim it is evidence I was a CIA agent!

No Jack you still stubbornly stick to your obviously incorrect position showing that your claim to admit error is as erroneous as 99.86% of your 'photo studies'. The building was the same color before and after the plane impacts/building collapses, if anything it was a bit lighter after the collapses due to dust.

I already explained the connection to JFK, the opinion of someone who can't tell the difference between white (your original claim) / light gray and black even when opining on other topics.

Please show us where we see different tone panels.

Len you say some people may ask why the is in the JFK section

Well im going to ask, why is this in the JFK section?

I could care less about any 9/11 conspiracy theories

But I do care about JFK, and I do care about Jack White and his work on the JFK assassination

Lets make this thread interesting, who wants to bet me that a certain Mod who closed an important thread for no reason will allow this thread to remain not only open when it should be closed but will not move it from the JFK forum

Any takers?

Wow a reply in 13 minutes, if I had replied so fast certain people would claim it is evidence I was a CIA agent!

No Jack you still stubbornly stick to your obviously incorrect position showing that your claim to admit error is as erroneous as 99.86% of your 'photo studies'. The building was the same color before and after the plane impacts/building collapses, if anything it was a bit lighter after the collapses due to dust.

I already explained the connection to JFK, the opinion of someone who can't tell the difference between white (your original claim) / light gray and black even when opining on other topics.

Here is an actual photo of WTC6 before destruction. Most of it is in shadow. The

tiny portion in sunlight shows the true aluminum gray color of the horizontal aluminum

panels.

Jack

post-667-1263680391_thumb.jpg

Here is an actual photo of WTC6 before destruction. Most of it is in shadow. The

tiny portion in sunlight shows the true aluminum gray color of the horizontal aluminum

panels.

Jack

Refuting Colby is SOOOOOOOOO easy.

Jack

post-667-1263681243_thumb.jpg

Enough Jack. You complain when people answer too quickly, you complain if people take a day to reply.

Why not just wait to see if he does refute your claim, and then address what he says? If he fails to reply then that would be tacit admission that you are correct.

Let's see:

Look at another building. Damaged areas a light grey, undamaged areas black.

WTC7_damage.jpg

What about WTC6?

9-13-01%202231%202.jpg

9-13-01%202233.jpg

9-13-01%202233%202.jpg

So some areas were grey, but it was mostly black. Is there an explanation for the grey colour?

9-13-01%202320.jpg

(all images except first one are Copyright © 2001 by Alex Marx)

WTC6 was black.

Edited by Evan Burton

panels.

Jack

Just a simple and very basic Photography 101 Question for you Jack. I look foirward to your answer in short order.

Question:

If you set a camera for the correct exposure of items in FULL SHADE, what will happen to those items seen in the photo that might be in FULL SUN?

Yes as mentioned in my 1st post parts of the building were covered in dust post collapse. Amazing with each new study Jack further demonstrates his near total ignorance of basic photographic phttp://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4259/wtc6.jpgrinciples. He seems not to know what GLARE is. By his “logic” the dashboard of the car, the left edge of the hood of the blue Ford and the part of the street behind the white van are all white.

2ujma29.jpg

As seen in the photo below even in direct sun 6 WTC (left behind the North Tower), 5 WTC (right behind the South Tower) and 4 WTC (not pictured) were BLACK. In every photo of the building it can be seen to be much, much darker than the silver-gray Twin Towers and far darker than things which actually are white under IDENTICAL lighting situations.

wtc6.jpg

He has yet to provide evidence to support his claim the horizontal and vertical panels of the building were different tones of gray.

Jack I was saw your “refutation” but was on my way out with friends at the time, I was still out at 10:20 PM (my time) when you made the next and was asleep at 2:36 AM when you made the third. Of course if I’d replied at in minutes or at 1 AM you’d have maintained evidence of something nefarious as well. No Jack you’ve never stumped me and doubt you ever will.