The Education Forum

Motorcycle Officers "Martin & Chaney"

Robin Unger

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John

Good to see you back posting on the forum.

I am still using Image Anylizer, that was one of the best TIPS you gave me.

Hi Res Towner.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/q...erCroftArea.gif

Zapruder

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/q...eri2/Jackie.gif

I still like this one.

Your old Dorman Compilation.

Edited by Robin Unger

Thank you, Robin, and Thank you for the images that over time you, and continue to, so generously share, sans favour, bless you.

That Dorman comp is great to see again, those comps form the backgrounds for the gifs. (I'm hoping to get the old hard drive going again on which more of the old stuff is on.)

EDIT : oops, gotta update the url's to the large sized ones, it's not just a matter of removing the th_.

soon. I'll put a dot before the url's then to be removed to prevent overusing forum bandwidth

EDIT TWO : photobucket seems to have reduced the sizes, the first is a link ( - the . ) to the z clip, the second two allows for slow free downloads (I hope. They'll be there for 30 days)

.http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/yanndee/b.gif

http://www3.bigupload.com/d=29O7NWN7QQ

http://bigupload.com/d=DAGTDHZO21

(If anyone's got a prob, PM me and I'll email them)

Edited by John Dolva

What volume, please, is Chaney's testimony in? It's hard to search my online WCR complete.

David:

James Chaney never "testified" under oath as such.

He was not called to testify by the Warren Commission, he was only interviewed by the FBI (by agents Charles T. Brown Jr, and David H. Israelson) on September 8, 1975, and he passed away on April 18, 1976 at the age of 54, before the HSCA came into effect.

Chris.

What volume, please, is Chaney's testimony in? It's hard to search my online WCR complete.

David:

James Chaney never "testified" under oath as such.

He was not called to testify by the Warren Commission, he was only interviewed by the FBI (by agents Charles T. Brown Jr, and David H. Israelson) on September 8, 1975, and he passed away on April 18, 1976 at the age of 54, before the HSCA came into effect.

Chris.

A reasonable person would ask: Chaney was one of the closest witnesses to the murder, so WHY did

the WC avoid having him testify? Could it be that they were aware that his testimony would be "inconvenient"?

Jack

Jack:

I agree wholeheartedly - but the inconvenient testimony could be about the number of shots, the direction of the shots, the total confusion on the Stemmons on-ramp, the open-mic, or a lot of other things that could have been troublesome to the Commission....

Chris

Jack:

I agree wholeheartedly - but the inconvenient testimony could be about the number of shots, the direction of the shots, the total confusion on the Stemmons on-ramp, the open-mic, or a lot of other things that could have been troublesome to the Commission....

Chris

I agree...but the MOST inconvenient thing he had to say was that he IMMEDIATELY WENT FORWARD,

which is not seen in any extant films.

Jack

ALMOST a standstill

ALMOST came to a stop

FALTER briefly

A MOMENTARY halt

MOVING very SLOWLY

Comprehension test:

Is a standstill a stop?

How close to a stop is "almost a standstill"?

How close to a stop is "almost came to a stop"?

One definition of falter is "to pause". Is a pause a stop?

How brief is briefly if one pauses briefly?

Is a "momentary halt" a halt?

How momentary does a momentary halt have to be to not be a halt?

Are any of the above seen in the zapruder film?

Jack

Are any of the above seen in the zapruder film? -

YES. The Limousine briefly BRAKES, .

I believe we can infer braking form the abrupt slowdown, but I seem to recall a previous post in which you mentioned that you can actually see THE BRAKE LIGHTS ON.

Can you point us to a film sequence in which the brake lights can clearly be seen to be on?

Are any of the above seen in the zapruder film? -

YES. The Limousine briefly BRAKES, .

I believe we can infer braking form the abrupt slowdown, but I seem to recall a previous post in which you mentioned that you can actually see THE BRAKE LIGHTS ON.

Can you point us to a film sequence in which the brake lights can clearly be seen to be on?

Greer head turn GIF ( 11 - Frames )

May take a while to load.

Marie Muchmore's film shows the brake lights on

Thanks Lee, and thanks Robin for the Greer Gif.

Can any GIF wizard show the Muchmore film with the brake lights on?

I have heard it claimed somewhere that what appears to be the brake lights ON is only sunlight reflecting off the glass that covers the brake lights. Is there a way to settle that issue?

in my *gif just as the back of the car passes Newman the brake lights seem to blink red

EDIT ADD * Muchmore, links to in other topic.

Then the back of the limo disappears behind the Brehms grouping and then the MC cops (presumably because of the slowdown) ''catch up'' and after passing the B group obstructs this view.

Just showed it to my daughter (Irfranview is good) and she saw it too. - An opportunity to welcome the infusion of young blood in this investigation that seems to have grown lately. My daughter is even now at 12 starting to be interested ( though she might just be humouring ''the ole git'', still I think us oldies can take comfort in the critical, clear thinking, robust younger set, I'll happily die knowing others are continuing )

Edited by John Dolva

Jack:

Chris

I agree...but the MOST inconvenient thing he had to say was that he IMMEDIATELY WENT FORWARD,

which is not seen in any extant films.

Jack

Really silly, Jack. If they were trying to prevent him from saying he went forward, why did they allow all those other people to say as much? No, it is far more logical to assume that they wouldn't want him to testify about something he saw or described that was either in opposition to the official story, or politically embarrassing to Texas.

So let's see, what could that be? Hmmm...maybe that he said Kennedy was shot in the face, calling into question that a bullet impacted on the back of JFK's head at 313...or...maybe that he DID NOT pull forward of the limo at any time in the Plaza, and that he in fact slammed on his brakes at the moment of the fatal headshot...or maybe just maybe, that he had a conversation with Jack Ruby on the day after the shooting!

It's amazing to me that so many think Greer's slowing down is so suspicious, but think nothing of a Dallas Policeman's slamming on his brakes and giving the sniper or snipers a better shot at the President, and then trying to cover this up later...just amazing...