The Education Forum

Why do I have to do all of the photo analysis?

Jack White

The ovals proliferate.

Jack

Jack,

If you run through the entire film once you'll see that there is a police officer to Nix's left. The round shape to the left is the officer's shoulder and the alien (although consistent with a particle beam weapon) is the white head cover and visor of the officer.

Jerry

But Jerry...what will you say when I tell you that Nix had to be over seven feet tall to take these images??????

Then it will MAKE NO DIFFERENCE WHAT YOU THINK THE BLURRED IMAGES SHOW, will it?

Or will you still insist that what the film shows is what Nix photographed?

I think vanishing point analysis shows that Nix was not tall enough to take his film. I believe that film taken by

a remote control camera about SEVEN FEET TALL took a movie which was substituted for his original film.

To make it appear that the robotic camera WAS AT GROUND LEVEL, various anomalous shapes (previous

studies) were painted into the foreground, resembling someone's arm or cap.

If you can refute this vanishing point analysis, have at it:

Jack,

You don't really mean this - you've missed an important point. Re-think it and I'll get back to you in the morning if you still want to go with it.

Think about perpendicular.

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry is correct. I have been working with other Nix frames all day. Oddly, on every one of

them I straightened the verticals (working at a large size) and every one strangely had

a camera tilt of almost exactly 5 degrees. (I think it is very odd for anyone to operate

a camera with A UNIFORM 5 DEGREE TILT.)

With all the verticals VERTICAL, I established a horizon line on each, and found the horizon

line was very sensitive to any slight change in tilt of the image. Even so, I encountered

some peculiarities I do not yet understand.

I have withdrawn my previous perspective study, as working at a small size to establish

verticals on fuzzy images, I had used a figure of 2.5 degrees tilt. Having changed the

tilt on the study to 5 degrees (established with SHARPER FRAMES), the perspective changed

enough to make the camera height enough to make the study inconclusive. The unsharp

frame I happened to use was not good enough to get the verticals accurate.

I thought I did the verticals close as I could...but they were not close enough when

checked against frames which had sharper verticals. Win some, lose some. Sorry. Thanks.

It is odd that all the frames have a UNIFORM 5 DEGREE TILT.

Jack

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic