The Education Forum

Zapruder Filming

Was he wearing a hat while filming the assassination?

chris

hi chris he was suppose to be and it does appear that he is in some photos but in marilyn sitzman's tape that she made with her doctor she says he was not and she was looking at the back of his head so your guess is as good as any .best take care ..b

Very impressive Chris. I'd like to keep that in my collection. Clips such as this that adress specific issues should be maintained in a public repository. I wonder if you have time and inclination to do a similar stabilised gif for the top right corner of the frames that show the right set of openings in the third set of openings on the curved part behind Zapruder to his left?

Hi Bernice,

How about a comparison to this stabilized Nix.

chris

HI CHRIS VERY NICE GIF CAN I SAY AS USUAL YOU SPOIL US..YOU HAVE YOUR OWN FILE FOLDER I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON..ALL TUCKED AWAY THAT I HAVE MENTIONED IN THE PAST SIGNED PACK RAT.. :lol: .BUT YOUR WORK IS AND HAS BEEN VERY APPRECIATED MORE FLOWERS FOR YOU FOR ANOTHER...THERE SEEMS TO BE MUCH MOVEMENT GOING ON IMO UP AROUND THE ZAP HEAD AREA...OR SO IT SEEMS TO ME.NOW HERE ARE THREE OF ZAPPY AND SITZ IN NIX IN STILLS..THEY ARE WELL AWFUL IS AS GOOD A WORD AS ANY THERE IS NOT ONE CLEAR SHOWING THEM THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN..FWTAW...YOU ASKED FOR THEM... :lol::wacko::D ONE REPRESENTS JACK'S RESEARCH...I HAVE THESE MARKED IN NIX...BEST B...PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS THANKS THAT TIME OF NIGHT..

Edited by Bernice Moore

Very impressive Chris. I'd like to keep that in my collection. Clips such as this that adress specific issues should be maintained in a public repository. I wonder if you have time and inclination to do a similar stabilised gif for the top right corner of the frames that show the right set of openings in the third set of openings on the curved part behind Zapruder to his left?

John,

Something like this I presume.

chris

Yes, Chris, thank you.

There appears to be movement in the opening I referred to, by zooming in I can see it here too.

My attempt was focused on the opening area only , and seemed to me to show a line tracking the limo, wavering when Newman was in the way, then withdrawing after the headshot, but I worked with a poor copy and found the stabilising difficult and very open to interpretation, ie interesting but in no way conclusive in any way.

It's a location which is not visible from the TSBD, the Overpass, nor Bowers (tree). Aerial photos of the days show a shadow indicating the earth was raised at this spot. Altegns and Hester checked the area out and both said they heard shot/s from around there so I thought it worth looking at.

John,

This one might be a little bit easier on the eyes (stabilization wise) that is.

Watch the 3 vertical light flashes that appear for one frame, near where you pointed out, someone might be tracking the limo.

This occurs 2 frames before the head shot

A few frames after the light flash, their appears to be a blue (smoke flash) tint which shows up a little higher than the light flashes.

I can slow it down, but for now, this is what I get

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson

Bronson Crop.

thanks robin for reminding me... :) this is the one in bronson where marilyn sitzmans legs look like elephant trunks and they did not she had very good legs but not in the photo.....b :rolleyes:

I'd recognize old ABE Zapruder and Ms. Sitzman anywhere (not)! What we need here Jerry Logan is foundation! Can you provide same?

John,

This one might be a little bit easier on the eyes (stabilization wise) that is.

Watch the 3 vertical light flashes that appear for one frame, near where you pointed out, someone might be tracking the limo.

This occurs 2 frames before the head shot

A few frames after the light flash, their appears to be a blue (smoke flash) tint which shows up a little higher than the light flashes.

I can slow it down, but for now, this is what I get

chris

yup, like that. If you could crop the top right showing the right set of openings on the third set of 3 opening, zoom (enlarge),and slowdown, perhaps a fade from frame to frame using the technique Martin outlined, loop with red dot for frame before headshot and gap between start and finish of loop it'd be perfect from my point of view, I know it's a big ask, but no one has ever repeated that gif, which is on a hardisk thats out of action for now, and any confirmation, debunking would be great. I hadn't noticed the blueing as I'd focused on a smaller area. That's an intriguing one. Could be smoke. Even though the wind basically blew east north east there was a flat spot at the turn into elm and a sudden backwash as they turned intp houston, so there were differing currents caused by structures. The three light flashes I've always felt were something else, perhaps a defect, perhaps a gap between train wagons, I don't know. '(I think the topic I looked at this was called ''shot from the right'', related to it, something like ''fragments direction'' topic.)