The Education Forum

A Jackie Kennedy movie?

From The Los Angeles Times

by Steven Zeitchik

March 15, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: Two iconic American names, Steven Spielberg and the late Jackie Kennedy Onassis, are linked together in a new project.

Spielberg is selling "Jackie," a hot script about the late First Lady that's making the rounds in Hollywood. Noah Oppenheim, a journalist, author and producer on the "Today" show has written the script, which examines the days immediately following the assassination of John F. Kennedy from Jackie Kennedy's point-of-view. Spielberg is on board the project in a producerial capacity.

HBO is a lead contender to buy the script and would likely develop it as a film it could air on its network. Spielberg has a long relationship with HBO; the premium cable channel is currently airing the WWII epic "The Pacific," which Spielberg executive-produced.

The life and death of JFK have been frequently visited on television with projects such as the 1983 NBC miniseries "Kennedy," starring Martin Sheen. And three years ago, Emilio Estevez took on the aftermath of the events surrounding the RFK assassination at the Ambassador Hotel. A film from Jackie's point of view, however, would be more rare. More as it develops.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/201...rg-onassis.html

(Apologies for misspelling Spielberg's first name in topic header)

Edited by Michael Hogan

From The Los Angeles Times

by Steven Zeitchik

March 15, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: Two iconic American names, Steven Spielberg and the late Jackie Kennedy Onassis, are linked together in a new project.

Spielberg is selling "Jackie," a hot script about the late First Lady that's making the rounds in Hollywood. Noah Oppenheim, a journalist, author and producer on the "Today" show has written the script, which examines the days immediately following the assassination of John F. Kennedy from Jackie Kennedy's point-of-view. Spielberg is on board the project in a producerial capacity.

This still makes my blood boil. Dick Gregory was on the Mike Douglas Show in 1981, I believe. And he was talking about the conspiracies. And then he lost me and I declare him totally unreliable. He said that Jackie had much to do with the Assassination and that she's been secretly travelling back and forth to Dallas for years.

Recently, I had 2 girlfriends individually tell me that Jackie had something to do wih Kennedy's Assassination because she was mad at him for having girlfriends on the side, particularly Marilyn Monroe. It seems she felt guilt when Monroe died and her husband had a hand in it. Also, the Kennedy Bros were punished for Monroe by being assassinated (as an act of God).

Kathy C

Surely this movie is coming 3 years too early. There must be a lot of documentation relating to Jackie's thoughts following the assassination yet to be released.

This seems a bit premature, surely he should keep this under the carpet until a more developed record is revealed.