The Education Forum

Local Artists

John Dolva

I'll try to present as wide, but with the unusual, iow persons who as S. King was saked why he wrote answered becuse he cant not, Art and Artists currently working in Perth.

(this is just to create the topic)

One grouping, imo a significant one, is the artist who is the art and nothing more or less, or at least has this or at least has this as an aim or focus which seems to me to partly redefine art.

no name anon :

Edited by John Dolva

I'd argue that Australian Aboriginal art is in fact a highly sophisticated form of realism, in cases unrivaled.. The reason for considering this is to see the inbuilt depth map of samples.

This is not one, but an oblique view of a graphical representation of the luminance of that posted. For me it's a kind of analysis technique. (att)

I'm still in the process of putting together the first profile of a local artist.

Just to register a loose umbrella grouping : The Who Gives a S..t collective as a Creativity Engine whereby my personal perspective is that of Soluble Situationalism

The Creativity Engine, as expressed in part, by the Who Gives a S..t artist collective collective from a Soluble Situationalism perspepctive

(new topic heading)

edit:typos

Edited by John Dolva

• 1 month later...
The Creativity Engine, as expressed in part, by the Who Gives a S..t collective from the Soluble Situationalism persepctive

(new topic heading)

a work in progress by the first featured artist

Edited by John Dolva

• 2 months later...
The Creativity Engine, as expressed in part, by the Who Gives a S..t collective from the Soluble Situationalism persepctive

(new topic heading)

a work in progress by the first featured artist

Constructing My Art

Dolva ,took a while!!Finally got there!!F Idiot!!

Oh dear, to wake to the belling of abuse.

Heaven. LOL. See: you could do it you f''n drongo. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, to wake to the belling of abuse.

Heaven. LOL. See: you could do it you f''n drongo. Well done.

The Heavens open up and saith the good wordpost-6323-075195200 1280217496_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have a bit of difficulty expressing simply what I see in your art, Rod. This is just an attempt to express it in my way

edit typo

Edited by John Dolva

• 2 months later...

After extensive and time consuming consultation the name of the artist collective has been decided to be changed. Not necessarily to change its intent but rather to refine the wording. However until I've done some further consultation I cannot depend on my memory of the particular wording of the new name but as soon as I have it clear I'll post it. Of course personally I still look at things from a 'soluble situationalist' angle or the more enthusiastically received 'endless art' moniker.

______

Rod wil be having, what promises to be quite an event, an exhibition later in the year at the Little Creatures Brewing establishment at 40 Mews Street in Fremantle, Western Australia later in the year. (A flyer will soon be posted)

After extensive and time consuming consultation the name of the artist collective has been decided to be changed. Not necessarily to change its intent but rather to refine the wording. However until I've done some further consultation I cannot depend on my memory of the particular wording of the new name but as soon as I have it clear I'll post it. Of course personally I still look at things from a 'soluble situationalist' angle or the more enthusiastically received 'endless art' moniker.

______

Rod wil be having, what promises to be quite an event, an exhibition later in the year at the Little Creatures Brewing establishment at 40 Mews Street in Fremantle, Western Australia later in the year. (A flyer will soon be posted)

Jan,Here is the Flyer 4 the Exhib,Cheers,Rod

Hi Jan,Here is the Flyer 4 the Exhib,Cheers,Rod

Hi Jan,Here is the Flyer 4 the Exhib,Cheers,Rod

Hey, Rod. I'll catch up shortly to get a lower res flyer to post, B well, John

edit typo

Edited by John Dolva

Ok, after a fuel blockage that took time to resolve I made it home with a set of pics of Rods that I'll load up tomorrow (today).

The name of the collective seems to head towards endless art which kind of fits with a number of things.

One of Rods defining characteristics (imo) is his full use of the painting surface, apart from his unique style that blends the paintings into the frame and hints at a borderlessness which is also mirrired in the dimensional depth and detail as if his paintings are windows into another world.