The Education Forum

New article by Richard Gilbride

As with Richard's previous article, I disagree with at least one conclusion (here, the main one) that Eddie Piper was the 6th floor shooter. However, Richard's work is thorough and should spark some interesting debate. Piper was (almost without doubt) the "Elderly Negro" seen by Rowland, and therefore - unlike Oswald - was at least up there... and that should automatically make us look a little closer at this person...

The Piper of Potomac Village

Greg, if I recall, Rowland never mentioned seeing Norman and Jarman in the fifth floor windows. As a result, I have long suspected the "elderly negro" he saw was Norman or Jarman, and that he simply got his floors mixed-up. But I'll read the article to see what new thoughts emerge...

As with Richard's previous article, I disagree with at least one conclusion (here, the main one) that Eddie Piper was the 6th floor shooter. However, Richard's work is thorough and should spark some interesting debate. Piper was (almost without doubt) the "Elderly Negro" seen by Rowland, and therefore - unlike Oswald - was at least up there... and that should automatically make us look a little closer at this person...

The Piper of Potomac Village

Greg, if I recall, Rowland never mentioned seeing Norman and Jarman in the fifth floor windows. As a result, I have long suspected the "elderly negro" he saw was Norman or Jarman, and that he simply got his floors mixed-up. But I'll read the article to see what new thoughts emerge...

Pat, you could be right. I'd have to through his testimony, but it could be a case of just not being asked about the 5th floor. I do recall he was very specific in saying it was the windows immediately below the arched windows.

Piper matched Rowland's description to a "t", so much so that the FBI photographed him for the express purpose of showing the photos to Rowland. If however, they did show him, his response is nowhere in the records.

The case for it being Piper is set hout here http://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/jf...h-floor-t34.htm

One of the FBI photos of Piper is here: http://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/ga...Piper-pic_9.htm

Few, if any other witness, was as shabbily treated as Rowland.

Even the question of his IQ was subjected to scrutiny and disinformation. He claimed in testimony it was 147. The FBI, in it's "investigation" of Rowland, blanked out his score in the body of the report, but then left it unredacted in the summary, claiming he scored 109. The problem with that is that this score (even if accurate) was from a 1959 test. Rowland had claimed his score of 147 was obtained in May, '63.

Knowing a little about Mr Rowland's post assasination history, I believe he told the truth about his IQ. Needless to say, I think he was both truthful and accurate in all his other statements, as well.