The Education Forum

Mark Lane Responds

While a little later to the research party, my interest started when I found THAT Life magazine my parents had kept.

Years went by, interest waned and while in a used book store I found and bought Rush to Jugdement and have been intellectually hooked, stimulated and amazed ever since.

Thank you.

My question - What are your thoughts on whether Humes and Boswell did that surgery in front of Robinson at Bethesda from 6:40 - 7:00 and then bold face lied about it the rest of their lives -

Doctors under orders... ?

We look forward to your thoughts and answers

DJ

It was a tremendous act of courage and integrity to do what you did after November 22, 1963.

History will remember you in the best possible way. Without doubt, you are an American hero.

Whoa! Take your blinkers off folks! Has anyone here read the transcript of Mark Lane's telephone conversation with Helen Markham, compared to what he said to the WC about it? You can find it here. Integrity is not a word that immediately springs to mind.

I'd also point you all towards the section dedicated to Mark Lane in Reclaiming History.

American Hero? Didn't Jim Garrison once describe Lee Harvey Oswald as such? :lol:

Hmmm. I don't know that I would ever consider either McAdams or Bugliosi reliable sources for much of anything, however you are entitled to your opinion. On the other hand, credit must definitely be give to Mark Lane for encouraging the American people to take a look at the assassination and open the public's eyes to some real unresoved issues with the Warren Commission's investigation.

Mitchell Warriner

A previous Forum thread on Mark Lane: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...ost&p=44119

Curious. It has been six weeks since Mr. Lane began this thread. Many folks have responded to his initial comments. Some with questions; others with praise or criticism.

Mr. Lane has not responded even though he said he would.

Perhaps he is busy. Hopefully he has not been sidetracked by the infinite number of posts on the topic of JVB!

And now there is Mr. Posner to help .....

What a long and winding road Mr. Lane has traveled since he told the WC in public session that the photograph on the cover of the Feb 21, 1964 issue of LIFE magazine had been doctored.

http://www.life.com/image/53375209

Does Mr. Lane have an opinion on Farid's analysis of this photo?

Peter Fokes,

Toronto

Edited by Peter Fokes

• 2 months later...

From X17online.com:

Yesterday, Kennedy assassination expert and author Mark Lane paid a visit to Oksana Grigorieva at her home.

Accompanied by Oksana's rep, Stephen Jaffe, Lane was mum on whether or not he was brought in to prove that the recently released photo of Oksana's teeth knocked out really was the result of a blow from Mel, but as the couple heads to court this morning, an even more damning tape was released.

(Warning: References to graphic language contained in article)

There is a video of Mr. Lane entering and exiting the premises.

http://x17online.com/celebrities/oksana_grigorieva/oksana_grigorieva_enlists_the_help_of_kennedy_assassination_expert_as_new_tape_hits_the_web-07202010.php

I'm not sure what the point of Mark Lane's initial post, since he hasn't been back to answer any of the many questions that followed.

Gerald Posner, and now Mel Gibson's estranged girlfriend? Very curious....

• 8 months later...

From dallasobserver.com:

Today's History Lesson

From the Film Vaults: Rush to Judgment

by Robert Wilonsky

While looking for something unrelated this morning, I came across quite the cinematic find just posted to the Internet Archive: a full-length copy of Oscar-nominated director Emile de Antonio's 1966 film Rush to Judgment, based upon New York attorney Mark Lane's best-seller of the same name in which he more or less spells out "what he might have done as adversary for the defense if [Lee Harvey] Oswald had gone on trial," per Time's September 1966 "Autopsy on the Warren Commission."

The film has been out of print for years; copies sell for up to $200. I've only seen bits and pieces of the doc on YouTube over the years, where it's often broken down into brief segments. Filled with interviews with witnesses to the assassination of John Kennedy and former employees of Jack Ruby (including pianist Joe Johnson, who plays for Lane), as well as then-fresh footage of Police Chief Jesse Curry and District Attorney Henry Wade, Rush to Judgment is as much as a history of Dallas in the early to mid-'60s as a criticism of the Warren Commission's report.

The entire film follows for those with 90 minutes to spare.

(Takes a while to load)

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2011/04/from_the_film_vaults_rush_to_j.php

From dallasobserver.com:

Today's History Lesson

From the Film Vaults: Rush to Judgment

by Robert Wilonsky

While looking for something unrelated this morning, I came across quite the cinematic find just posted to the Internet Archive: a full-length copy of Oscar-nominated director Emile de Antonio's 1966 film Rush to Judgment, based upon New York attorney Mark Lane's best-seller of the same name in which he more or less spells out "what he might have done as adversary for the defense if [Lee Harvey] Oswald had gone on trial," per Time's September 1966 "Autopsy on the Warren Commission."

The film has been out of print for years; copies sell for up to $200. I've only seen bits and pieces of the doc on YouTube over the years, where it's often broken down into brief segments. Filled with interviews with witnesses to the assassination of John Kennedy and former employees of Jack Ruby (including pianist Joe Johnson, who plays for Lane), as well as then-fresh footage of Police Chief Jesse Curry and District Attorney Henry Wade, Rush to Judgment is as much as a history of Dallas in the early to mid-'60s as a criticism of the Warren Commission's report.

The entire film follows for those with 90 minutes to spare.

(Takes a while to load)

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2011/04/from_the_film_vaults_rush_to_j.php

thanks Mike....

David Healy

Guest Tom Scully

Is this believable? Wouldn't first reports of Henry Wade's statements have been phoned in to news bureaus by reporters on the scene in Dallas, and then the details printed and broadcast based on the preliminary, telephone reporting?

http://books.google.com/books?id=TpzGMAmH2LEC&pg=PA654&dq=Audio+tapes+of+the+district+attorney%27s+press+conference+make+clear+that+the+person+who+transcribed+the+conference&hl=en&ei=mRSyTbiXGau90QGO7ryTCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CD4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Audio%20tapes%20of%20the%20district%20attorney%27s%20press%20conference%20make%20clear%20that%20the%20person%20who%20transcribed%20the%20conference&f=false

The Warren Commission Report - Page 654

United States. Warren Commission - 2003 - 891 pages - Preview

Audio tapes of the district attorney's press conference make clear that the person who transcribed the conference rendered a reference to the "Oak Cliff" area of Dallas as a person, "Darryl Click". This error in transcription is the sole source...

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Z5rToobVVqUJ:jfk.hood.edu/Collection/White%2520%2520Files/Warren%2520Commission-Subject/Escape/Escape.doc+%22henry+wade%22+%22he+asked+the+bus+driver+to+stop,+got+off+at+a+stop,%22&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiZPq5eeGpe_LiyfMlioTowUH6FmVbe9sYcw8a10jEErdaCT0HNjaJEX5i4CFC9NzWSHwTAfJMadI_n9Rr0pLsILe0DW3LXmwsoJjBeIRsexI2xRwTVmy1fziS4n8-KZ07026vm&sig=AHIEtbSNIahdW0gKuxe_BKO2XkXToDThng

Escape.doc - The Harold Weisberg Archive

11/22/63

… Somehow - Curry doesn't know - Oswald reached the Oak Cliff section, across the Trinity River from downtown Dallas. AP,

1:50 p.m. CST Peggy Simpson

Homicide Captain Will Fritz said Oswald had told police he caught a bus when he left the Depository Building, decided the bus

was too slow and switched to a taxicab. He went to his rooming house in Oak Cliff, changed clothing and decided to go to a

movie. 3:07 p.m. CST – [sub for "Somehow ... downtown Dallas"] AP, 3:07 p.m. CST

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=%22*Saturday+afternoon+was+the+Negro+cab+driver+who+reportedly+transported+%22&btnG=Search&hl=en&um=1&scoring=a

Suspect Linked to Gun Purchase

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - ProQuest Archiver - Nov 24, 1963

Among the witnesses who were ques- tioned Saturday afternoon was the Negro cab driver who reportedly transported Oswald to his rooming house following the....

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1964/1/16/is-oswald-guilty-pan-article-attempting/

'Is Oswald Guilty?

By Mark Lane,

Published: Thursday, January 16, 1964

...A taxi driver, Darry Click, took Oswald home, where he changed his clothes.

Wade said, "He then--the bus, he asked the bus driver to stop, got off at a stop, caught a taxicab, Driver Click--I don't have the exact place--and went to his home in Oak Cliff, changed his clothes hurriedly, and left."

On Nov. 27, it was conceded that "Darryl Click" did not drive a taxicab in which Oswald was a passenger. When "Darryl Click" disappeared from the case, "William Whaley" appeared as the man who drove Oswald, not home, but at least in that general direction....

Oswald, it is alleged, eventually le bus after riding about six blocks and was walking "from Commerce Street" when the taxicab driver, now named "William Whaley" saw him. Oswald, it is alleged, hailed the taxi, and entered it. "William Whaley's" log shows that Oswald entered the taxi, after having completed this entire trip, at exactly 12:30 p.m. The shots that killed Kennedy were fired at 12:31 p.m. ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=henry-wade+darryl+click&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=newspapers

Dallas Prosecutor's Statement About Oswald Evidence .

Eugene Register-Guard - Nov 26, 1963

Henry Wade of Dallas County concerning evidence Lee Henry Oswald, ... got off at a stop, caught a taxicab driver, Darryl Click— I don't have his exact place ...

The Washington Times: Bungled probe gave conspiracy buffs...

$2.95 - Washington Times - Nov 22, 1993

Dallas County District Attorney Henry Wade came out of a briefing at the police station and was ... The cabdriver's name was Daryl Click, said Mr. Wade. .

How can such an important witness, emerging as he did; as an alternate after Dallas D.A. Henry Wade's first cab driver turned out not to exist..... be 60 years old

at the time of his sudden death in December, 1965, when he was born 57 years earlier, in 1908?

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?hl=en&biw=1320&bih=689&q=whaley+CAB+DRIVER+lewisville&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dDPfPE2-uqAMESM&ei=RRGyTZewCMXn0QHzobSrCQ&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCcQqgIwAA

Oswald Figure Is Killed

$3.95 - New York Times - Dec 19, 1965

He was William[ Wayne Whaley, 60 years old, of/ Lewisville, a Dallas suburb. Th, driver of the other car, Joh Henry Wells, 83, of Dallas, ab was killed. ...

http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Whaley-17

CHILDREN

FAMILY BIBLE REGISTER FOR OSCAR AND LONA WHALEY

page 1

July 3, 1907 marriage Sulphur Springs, Texas between

Oscar William Whaley, born Sep 8, 1878 in Liberty, TN. died Jan 29, 1954 in Dallas, Texas.

Lona Elam Whaley, born Jan 3, 1889 in Bellbuckle, TN, died May 6, 1967, Dallas, Texas.

page 2

Children

William W. Whaley

b. Jun 19, 1908, Sulphur Springs, Texas

marr:Dec 10 in Dallas, Texas to Nell Fay Wilson

d:Dec 18, 1965, Dallas, Texas

http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Whaley-18

WILLIAM WAYNE WHALEY HISTORY

William Wayne Whaley was born June 19, 1908 in Sulphur Springs, Texas.He was the son of Oscar and Lona Whaley. His first marriage to SylviaPatterson produced a son, Billy Wayne, who was, unfortunately, abducted.

He married Nell Fay Wilson on Dec. 6, 19__ and they lived in Lewisville,Texas. He and Nell were very much in love. He had three children by his second wife, Nell. They are Dixie, Jackie Nell, and Butch. They madetheir home in Lewisville, Texas ....

...From his daughter, Dixie McCoy:...

....I guess Dad's "15 minutes of fame" came when he drove the cab that tookOswald from downtown Dallas to Oak Cliff after he supposedly killedKennedy. Daddy always said that is was impossible for him to have doneit, because the FBI had Daddy downtown one Sunday afternoon and they hadto run through the pattern Oswld took about six times before they coulddo it in the time Oswald would have had to do it in and this was on aSunday afternoon with no traffic on the streets or sidewalks. Not tomention the thousands that lined the streets that day. I don't supposewe will ever learn the real truth in our lifetime." ...

Edited by Tom Scully

Mr Lane,

All JFK researchers owe you a huge debt of gratitude. Thank you for seeking justice for JFK for so long.

I have a question:

You note that Vincent Bugliosi apparently still believes that the world is flat.

Gerald Posner apparently still believes that the world is flat as well.

Why did you decide to become Gerald Posner's attorney and defend him against Miami New Times' stories about his literary thefts?

Thank you,

Myra Bronstein

• 3 weeks later...

Scheduled for November 2011 release by Skyhorse Publishing

From amazon.com

The Last Word: My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK

by Mark Lane

Product Description

The last word on the JFK assassination by the New York Times bestselling author and JFK historian!

Mark Lane tried the only U.S. court case in which the jurors concluded that the CIA plotted the murder of President Kennedy, but there was always a missing piece: How did the CIA control cops and secret service agents on the ground in Dealey Plaza? How did federal authorities prevent the House Select Committee on Assassinations from discovering the truth about the complicity of the CIA?

Now, New York Times best-selling author Mark Lane tells all in this explosive new book—with exclusive new interviews, sworn testimony, and meticulous new research (including interviews with Oliver Stone, Dallas Police deputy sheriffs, Robert K. Tanenbaum, and Abraham Bolden) Lane finds out first hand exactly what went on the day JFK was assassinated. Lane includes sworn statements given to the Warren Commission by a police officer who confronted a man who he thought was the assassin. The officer testified that he drew his gun and pointed it at the suspect who showed Secret Service ID. Yet, the Secret Service later reported that there were no Secret Service agents on foot in Dealey Plaza.

The Last Word proves that the CIA, operating through a secret small group, prepared all credentials for Secret Service agents in Dallas for the two days that Kennedy was going to be there—conclusive evidence of the CIA’s involvement in the assassination.

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Word-Indictment-CIA-Murder/dp/1616084286/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1304160330&sr=1-1

Guest Robert Morrow

I emailed Mark Lane, who I admire greatly, last year. Looks like Skyhorse is trying to corner the market on blockbuster JFK books in time for the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination. They are also putting out later this year a new edition of Phil Nelson's LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination.

I just got this response recently from Mark Lane:

Dear Robert:

I apologize for not having responded to your email before now.

I suddenly found an enthusiastic publisher for the most important book I have ever written. Just as Rush To Judgment proved that Lee Harvey Oswald could not have been the lone assassin of President Kennedy, my new book, Last Word, presents evidence proving that the CIA was responsible.

More about that later.

Based upon your own work, I think you will find Last Word quite interesting.

Mark

Edited by Robert Morrow

I emailed Mark Lane, who I admire greatly, last year. Looks like Skyhorse is trying to corner the market on blockbuster JFK books in time for the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination. They are also putting out later this year a new edition of Phil Nelson's LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination.

I just got this response recently from Mark Lane:

Dear Robert:

I apologize for not having responded to your email before now.

I suddenly found an enthusiastic publisher for the most important book I have ever written. Just as Rush To Judgment proved that Lee Harvey Oswald could not have been the lone assassin of President Kennedy, my new book, Last Word, presents evidence proving that the CIA was responsible.

More about that later.

Based upon your own work, I think you will find Last Word quite interesting.

Mark

This thread should be more correctly entitled " Mark Lane doesn't respond "

It appears to me to be a hit and run book promtion.

In Oswald's Ghost DVD Mark Lane said that with a wink and a nod from Jim Garrison he took the Zapruder film from out of Garrisons office and had 1000 copies made..

What happened to all those Zapruder bootleg copies. ?