The Education Forum

How Many People Working In The TSBD Building That Day Didn't Watch The Motorcade Pass By?

Thomas,

Don't forget Troy Eugene West who worked as a mail wrapper on the first floor. He never left his work area throughout his normal working day. He would even eat his lunch close to his wrapping machine. Just because the President of the United States was going past the book depository in his motorcade that day he did not see any reason why he should change his routine. He was at usual place of work on the first floor at the time of the assassination and he did not see anybody until the police arrived.

Troy is an interesting character because he never saw Lee Harvey Oswald in the days leading up to the assassination getting the paper that he supposedly used to make a bag for his rifle.

His testimony to the Warren Commission: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/rus/m_i_russ/west.htm

Tony

Thanks, Tony.

I wonder if he saw anyone getting or taking that kind of paper, of at least the required length, from his work area in the days leading up to the assassination.

Also, regarding Lee's question, does anyone on the Forum know if the electrical boxes for the elevators were in the basement?

Thanks,

--Thomas

Tony

I am sure the paper bag produced by the FBI ( one of 4) was tested and neither the paper nor the tape came from the TSBD

Ian

Edited by Ian Kingsbury

Thomas,

Don't forget Troy Eugene West who worked as a mail wrapper on the first floor. He never left his work area throughout his normal working day. He would even eat his lunch close to his wrapping machine. Just because the President of the United States was going past the book depository in his motorcade that day he did not see any reason why he should change his routine. He was at usual place of work on the first floor at the time of the assassination and he did not see anybody until the police arrived.

Troy is an interesting character because he never saw Lee Harvey Oswald in the days leading up to the assassination getting the paper that he supposedly used to make a bag for his rifle.

His testimony to the Warren Commission: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/rus/m_i_russ/west.htm

Tony

Thanks, Tony.

I wonder if he saw anyone getting or taking that kind of paper, of at least the required length, from his work area in the days leading up to the assassination.

Also, regarding Lee's question, does anyone on the Forum know if the electrical boxes for the elevators were in the basement?

Thanks,

--Thomas

Tony

I am sure the paper bag produced by the FBI ( one of 4) was tested and neither the paper nor the tape came from the TSBD

Ian

Ian,

The Warren Commission's official conclusion was that the paper bag and the tape came from the TSBD. If you look at The Warren Commission Report, Chapter4, pages 135 and 136 you can see this:

http://www.jfk-assassination.de/warren/wcr/index.php

go to pages 135 and 136

Tony

Edited by Tony Austin